OFFICIAL DC Studios; "DCU" THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

OFFICIAL DC Studios; "DCU" THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:35 pm

Bigtime news just keeps coming out of the never say die; DCEU universe, now officially dubbed: The "DCU" under DC Studios in a new look era.

James Gunn and Peter Safran will lead as Co-chairman and CEO's of DC films, animation, and television. Warner Brothers Discovery David Zaslav, Michael DeLuca, and Pam Abdy will serve as the top brass in final creative decision making in a revamped cohesive comic book univese.

James Gunn and Peter Safran Named Co-Chairmen and CEOs of DC Studios
https://wbd.com/james-gunn-and-peter-sa ... c-studios/
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Re: OFFICIAL DC Studios; "DCU" THREAD

Postby Monker » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:27 pm

Wow, you actually think this is part of a big plan, don't you? If Black Adam had debuted with one hundred million dollar weekend, would you think Gunn would have this job...or would Dwayne.?

This pokes a pin in what Dwayne and Henry have been saying and implying. If they had just shut the fuck up and promoted and sold Black Adam for another weekend, there is a small chance they could have got what they wanted...but, the truth is there are not enough Cavill Superman fans to make BA profitable. Gunn knows that...that is why he is hired and not Dwayne.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:09 pm

Good Zod, other than Disgrace Randolph (who is having multiple meltdowns on Twitter by officially losing all of her Warner Media sources, as we all expected) where are you getting your ancient information from other than the voices in your head?

Before Black Adam premiered, Rock was asked if he was up for the DC Films boss role and he quickly said no and how it was not his place. He revealed he was working closely as a consultant and will continue to do so once the new DC head was announced. This was all said in live interviews 3 weeks ago you stoop.

Do you honestly think this was all decided in one week? Like, signed, sealed, and delivered in one weeks time? :lol: When such things are revealed, especially as atomic as this is, we are usually months behind by the time we hear it.

Also, it's the other way around. James Gunn remains a controversial figure in the CBM genre, especially with fans, so getting the Henry Cavill return as Superman out of the way first was smart as this news was sure to ruffle the feathers of DC fandom. Now that it did, the big Henry Cavill interview on Wednesday will reassure things are moving smoothly.

The Black Adam-verse is a thing. The same way films like The Batman and Phoenix's Joker is also a thing that isn't tied to the DCU. And don't forget Zaslav ressurecting the fan favorite franchise Keanu Reeve's 'Constantine' just a few months back.

Gunn inserted a cameo by members of the JL in his 'Peacemaker' finale that included Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash. He cited those characters were specifically chosen as it may pertain to future storylines in the DCU that he wasn't allowed to reveal at that time.

Take the L, stud.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:39 pm

Zack Sharf from Variety:

- JOKER 2 will exist outside the cinematic universe that James Gunn/Safran will build out

- THE BATMAN 2 doesn't have a finished script/ won't hit theaters until 2025 at the earliest

- Henry Cavill's SUPERMAN movie is now soliciting pitches from writers
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Andrew » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:20 pm

Monker wrote:Wow, you actually think this is part of a big plan, don't you? If Black Adam had debuted with one hundred million dollar weekend, would you think Gunn would have this job...or would Dwayne.?

Jesus Christ, is there anything you won't argue with or about? Fuck me sideways.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Abitaman » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:41 am

The Rock is stated he never wanted to head up DCS. He said he would mind helping out in some small way but the oversee the whole thing, he did not want to. So it doesn't matter how much Black Adam would have made, the Rock do would not be in Charge.
Hopefully James will do good and not go for comedy over action or storytelling. That would be my only concern James.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Abitaman » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:43 am

Andrew wrote:
Monker wrote:Wow, you actually think this is part of a big plan, don't you? If Black Adam had debuted with one hundred million dollar weekend, would you think Gunn would have this job...or would Dwayne.?

Jesus Christ, is there anything you won't argue with or about? Fuck me sideways.

Don't tell him that Andrew you may try!
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:55 am

Abitaman wrote:The Rock is stated he never wanted to head up DCS. He said he would mind helping out in some small way but the oversee the whole thing, he did not want to. So it doesn't matter how much Black Adam would have made, the Rock do would not be in Charge.
Hopefully James will do good and not go for comedy over action or storytelling. That would be my only concern James.

Gunn is controversial as a filmmaker, especially when it comes to immature dialogue. He's hit or miss for me there. You can't deny his creative flex though as a filmmaker. The thing that I love, is that it is smart to have a director oversee what is ultimately the creative plan. As a director, he understands that directors need to stay true to their voice/vision to make the film they want to work.

Gunn will for sure direct TSSquad spinoffs, but WBD is taking Snyder's "sandbox" approach and applying it. This time? With an overarching committee that will make sure directors and the overall connectivity are in good shape. It's a big move!
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:56 am

Andrew wrote:

Sig worthy! :lol: :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:47 am

This pokes a pin in what Dwayne and Henry have been saying and implying. If they had just shut the fuck up and promoted and sold Black Adam for another weekend, there is a small chance they could have got what they wanted...but, the truth is there are not enough Cavill Superman fans to make BA profitable. Gunn knows that...that is why he is hired and not Dwayne.

Nowhere and by nobody has it been implied that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was going to be "in charge of" or acting as "co-chair of" DC Studios/DCU.

If you truly believe that fictitious narrative, that explains some of your frankly bizarre rhetoric!
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:51 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Disgrace Randolph (who is having multiple meltdowns on Twitter by officially losing all of her Warner Media sources, as we all expected)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Gunn inserted a cameo by members of the JL in his 'Peacemaker' finale that included Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash. He cited those characters were specifically chosen as it may pertain to future storylines in the DCU that he wasn't allowed to reveal at that time.

:!: :!: :!: :!:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:53 am

Monker wrote:It's a business...and money talks a lot louder than a Rock ever can.

The Rock is one of the biggest stars on the planet. His name alone writes (and cashes) checks/cheques.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:21 am

Giant Freakin Robot has an exclusive on Henry Cavill's new Superman deal:

BLACK ADAM 2 :!:
MAN OF STEEL 2 :!: :!:
{and}
JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 :!: :!: :!:

Perhaps the most interesting part of our sources’ report is that a Justice League 2 is on the way, considering the controversy that still surrounds the first film. There’s also the question of exactly who will be part of the eponymous team besides Henry Cavill. Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot would seem likely candidates, but–for very different reasons–the returns of Ezra Miller and Ben Affleck would seem to come with much bigger question marks.

We might also see Ray Fisher return as Cyborg. The actor celebrated Walter Hamada’s departure from DC Films, and hinted he might return to the superhero cinematic universe.

BRING BACK RAY :!:

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/e ... eel-2.html
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:58 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:It's a business...and money talks a lot louder than a Rock ever can.

The Rock is one of the biggest stars on the planet. His name alone writes (and cashes) checks/cheques.

Really? Then explain how despite all of his talk and promotion and effort, Black Adam will still lose money.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:00 pm

Andrew wrote:

I don't know. I haven't tried the Survivor forum yet.
Monker
MP3

Postby Andrew » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:44 pm

Monker wrote:
Andrew wrote:

I don't know. I haven't tried the Survivor forum yet.

Advice: Don't. And stop fucking arguing with everyone about everything.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:37 pm

verslibre wrote:Giant Freakin Robot has an exclusive on Henry Cavill's new Superman deal:

BLACK ADAM 2 :!:
MAN OF STEEL 2 :!: :!:
{and}
JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 :!: :!: :!:

Perhaps the most interesting part of our sources’ report is that a Justice League 2 is on the way, considering the controversy that still surrounds the first film. There’s also the question of exactly who will be part of the eponymous team besides Henry Cavill. Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot would seem likely candidates, but–for very different reasons–the returns of Ezra Miller and Ben Affleck would seem to come with much bigger question marks.

We might also see Ray Fisher return as Cyborg. The actor celebrated Walter Hamada’s departure from DC Films, and hinted he might return to the superhero cinematic universe.

BRING BACK RAY :!:

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/e ... eel-2.html

Zack Snyder surprised Henry at his interview last night. He closed out his question with "I'm looking forward to working with you again soon and of course, you're the greatest Superman..ever".

For no reason, right? :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:46 pm

Henry Cavill on 'Man of Steel 2':
"Right now I can't share anything. But if I am going to be a good partner to everyone, I have to be able to keep the secrets. In the time I can, everyone will hear all the exciting stuff".
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:24 am

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:

Really? Then explain how despite all of his talk and promotion and effort, Black Adam will still lose money.

It's not losing money. It was his biggest opening ever (meaning a movie with him in the leading role). Tuesday brought in another 5.4 million for a 21% gain over Monday. Wednesday's numbers aren't in yet.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:25 am

If Matthew Vaughn gets the gig, I'm fully expecting Brainiac to show up :!:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:46 am

verslibre wrote:It's not losing money. It was his biggest opening ever (meaning a movie with him in the leading role). Tuesday brought in another 5.4 million for a 21% gain over Monday. Wednesday's numbers aren't in yet.

It's a budget of $200million + $100million for promotion + whatever costs we don't know about. It is going to have to make AT LEAST $500million to break even, and that is a LOW estimate...and it is not even close to that. Even if this weekend equals last weekend, and that won't happen, it's BARELY making over the $300billion. So, no, it is NOT on track to make money.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:01 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Zack Snyder surprised Henry at his interview last night. He closed out his question with "I'm looking forward to working with you again soon and of course, you're the greatest Superman..ever".

That is not what happened, and it is NOT what was said. He did not surprise him. It was the interviewer who tracked down Snyder and taped Snyder's question, and the interviewer "surprised" him...not Snyder. He did NOT say he was going to work with him again soon. He said 'I look forward to working with again in the future." It is a settle difference but what you said makes it sound like a definite thing is planned...what was said was more of a generic 'until we meet again." sorta thing.

https://youtu.be/V9tW-DgUkao?t=1431
Last edited by Monker on Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:16 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Henry Cavill on 'Man of Steel 2':
"Right now I can't share anything. But if I am going to be a good partner to everyone, I have to be able to keep the secrets. In the time I can, everyone will hear all the exciting stuff".

Wow, that was not the question at all. It was a very generic "is there a specific plan for what the next Superman film is?"
https://youtu.be/V9tW-DgUkao?t=1636

In other words, he's negotiating. Prior to Tuesday, all Henry and Dwayne could talk about was BAvSM. Now he has to play nice. Riiiiggght.

So, this big atomic interview was all about his past work, Enola Holmes (an OK series), Witcher, old MOS, Missiion Impossible, misc. stuff like LotR:Rings of Power, and House of Dragon...and 30seconds on DC's future, Loki. Absolutely no shocking news.

And, what has Rock said? Has he given congrats to Gunn? Is he chomping at the bit to work with him? Nope. Last I looked all he has said was a msg to Cavill saying they would talk "down the road." He has been taken out of the picture and has nothing to say up to what I saw late Wednesday night.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:27 am

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:It's not losing money. It was his biggest opening ever (meaning a movie with him in the leading role). Tuesday brought in another 5.4 million for a 21% gain over Monday. Wednesday's numbers aren't in yet.

It's a budget of $200million + $100million for promotion + whatever costs we don't know about. It is going to have to make AT LEAST $500million to break even, and that is a LOW estimate...and it is not even close to that. Even if this weekend equals last weekend, and that won't happen, it's BARELY making over the $300billion. So, no, it is NOT on track to make money.

It's not losing money. I stand by what I say.

At least they're not engaging in "creative accounting" — as Disney allegedly did with Captain Marvel. Of course, they could also buy rows of seats to artificially inflate box office stats — as Disney likely did for Captain Marvel.

They COULD, but they AREN'T. :lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:41 am

Monker wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Zack Snyder surprised Henry at his interview last night. He closed out his question with "I'm looking forward to working with you again soon and of course, you're the greatest Superman..ever".

That is not what happened, and it is NOT what was said. He did not surprise him. It was the interviewer who tracked down Snyder and taped Snyder's question, and the interviewer "surprised" him...not Snyder. He did NOT say he was going to work with him again soon. He said 'I look forward to working with again in the future." It is a settle difference but what you said makes it sound like a definite thing is planned...what was said was more of a generic 'until we meet again." sorta thing.

1) It's "subtle," not "settle." But I'm sure (I hope) that's your autocorrect happening.

2) One can say both the interviewer and Zack surprised Henry. It's not that much of a stretch, Holmes.

3) "I look forward to working with you again" — how many different ways can you interpret that? There's a lot they simply can't say right now. Are you demanding a fully detailed ten-year outline from the studio, posthaste? Should it be on your desk before 5PM? Weirdo.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:16 am

verslibre wrote:Of course, they could also buy rows of seats to artificially inflate box office stats

They are a company that is in debt. I doubt very much that they could justify spending tens of millions of dollars buying seats for a film that only made tens of millions of dollars, with a budget and promotion in the hundreds of millions of dollars. That would be a very dumb idea...but maybe they enjoy canceling HBO shows and canceling films about to be released and writing them off taxes.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:35 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:

That is not what happened, and it is NOT what was said. He did not surprise him. It was the interviewer who tracked down Snyder and him tape a question and comment, and the interviewer "surprised" him...not Snyder. He did NOT say he was going to work with him again soon. He said "I look forward to working with again in the future." It is a settle difference but what you said makes it sound like a definite thing is planned...what was said was more of a generic 'until we meet again." sorta thing.

1) It's "subtle," not "settle." But I'm sure (I hope) that's your autocorrect happening.

2) One can say both the interviewer and Zack surprised Henry. It's not that much of a stretch, Holmes.

Sure, you can say that. But, what you can't say is that Snyder surprised Henry. That is not what the interviewer said or what happened at all.

[qoute]3) "I look forward to working with you again" — how many different ways can you interpret that?[/quote]

I guess there are two ways to take it. You can take it in the full context of what Zach said and think it was just him giving Cavill a shout out that he enjoyed working with him and hopes he can again. Or, you can take it completely out of context and change the words a bit so it sounds like there are definite plans.

There's a lot they simply can't say right now.

Of course, because they are still negotiating. If they had Cavill signed for Mos2, they would be shouting it from the mountain tops...the same as Dwayne was for BAvSM.

Are you demanding a fully detailed ten-year outline from the studio, posthaste? Should it be on your desk before 5PM? Weirdo.

No, I'm not demanding anything...I'm just saying that if Cavill was signed to MoS2, there would be NOTHING to hold back announcing it. But, because of Dwayne and his mouth, it has people like you believing it is a done deal - it isn't.

One day ago, you guys were saying this was all planned weeks ago. Now that this interview told you NOTHING, you believe what? They are still planning stuff - weeks later? LOL. If BA had been a huge hit, I have to wonder if Cavill would have any need to "be nice'.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:37 am

Monker wrote:

https://youtu.be/V9tW-DgUkao?t=1431

You should totally edit this post a third time while the 4th voice in your head is ahead of it, Berkowitz :lol: You're a gift, Monker. The box may be empty inside, but a gift nonetheless.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:44 am

Jesus Christ, the man just came back a week and a half ago. There is still major reshoots ahead and a lot more to do with the films from the old regime like The Flash, Shazam: FotG, and Aquaman2. We will see Henry Cavill in most of those films, setting up future plotpoints and respective members of the JL in the process. Superman is a huge IP and an absolute humongous project that needs to have its own stage to be announced. The movie still doesn't have a director but after Aquaman2, the stage is set for the new regime to announce some bombs under their own merit as we kickoff films in production that will sorely be in their control as a studio. Bet?
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:58 am

Monker wrote:No, I'm not demanding anything...I'm just saying that if Cavill was signed to MoS2, there would be NOTHING to hold back announcing it. But, because of Dwayne and his mouth, it has people like you believing it is a done deal - it isn't.

One day ago, you guys were saying this was all planned weeks ago. Now that this interview told you NOTHING, you believe what? They are still planning stuff - weeks later? LOL. If BA had been a huge hit, I have to wonder if Cavill would have any need to "be nice'.

Good grief. I posted GFR's scoop on Henry's deal. Try scrolling up (unless you choose to ignore it). He's signed for (at a minimum) Black Adam 2, Man of Steel 2 and Justice League 2. (Of course, that doesn't include cameos.)

Here's the link again, smart guy. https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/e ... eel-2.html
Last edited by verslibre on Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Next

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara