JV and FS Sessions

A holy shrine for the killer AOR band.

Moderator: Andrew

JV and FS Sessions

Postby IngoK » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:58 am

Hi Joe,

I'm getting old, so sorry for asking this again I only remember you posted it before. You wrote some Songs together with FS for Survivor and he did something for Mecca 2. Can you tell us more about both Sessions, please?
IngoK
LP

Re: JV and FS Sessions

Postby Joe Vana » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:29 am

IngoK wrote:Hi Joe,

I'm getting old, so sorry for asking this again I only remember you posted it before. You wrote some Songs together with FS for Survivor and he did something for Mecca 2. Can you tell us more about both Sessions, please?

That will take a while....I will answer tonite!!!

Thanks Ingo!

JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby JTRock » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:22 am

So cool....looking forward to this!
JTRock
Ol' 78

Re: JV and FS Sessions

Postby Joe Vana » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:11 pm

IngoK wrote:Hi Joe,

To show you how out of mind these tunes are I was asked a few weeks back what tunes I have written...and I forgot about these...

It was a fun time...FS and I would hook up at his house or at my old house...we would set up a cheap tape recorder or his cool stereo digital recorder...we wrote some great tunes...and even my old buddy and late friend Dr B would hang with us as well...we wrote I think 6 tunes that would fit Survivor well....but only them...I have my doubts that they will ever be released...and that's cool...I am not about the money, I am about the art of writing...and the unique friendships you really cement when you write together...

Writing with FS is way different than writing with JP...JP liked to start on piano, and move to guitar....FS was always on guitar....FS was a groove slash Riff guy...they just flowed out of him...melody was from there....JP seemed to be really keen on melody first...he knew what sold a tune...I have the unique vantage point of how and why they worked well...musically they had different strengths, lyrically different, melodically different...they were a perfect ying/yang relationship...as far as FS and Mecca II...the sessions he was at are lost sessions...when Dr B died we recorded with a friend and finished the album...so nothing he produced made the album, not that what he did was bad...it is just how it shook out....

You will need to be specific with questions...I can take answers in any direction, so I need specific direction....

JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby IngoK » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Thanks for that Info JV, that was exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks again.
IngoK
LP

Postby Joe Vana » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:30 am

IngoK wrote:Thanks for that Info JV, that was exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks again.

Hey Ingo....

I wanted to add a few things....

The tunes with FS were not completed...we had 5 or 6 great starts...but needed some finishing....and I am more than confident FS can do that....

I do really feel he is completely UNDERrated on this site....he is a beast of a guitarist...hell, I played tito a few tunes we wrote with FS on guitar and he was blown away....

They have an enormous start on a great album!!!!!

Hope they do it!!!

JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby jaxmanjoe » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:44 am

I've always been a huge Frankie supporter, especially where his guitar playing and songwriting were concerned. He's not THE song writing god but A song writing god... He gives the guitar a voice, not just a sound, and one of only a few that can do that for me. Man, I'd love to hear some of the stuff Joe and Frankie worked on together... what do we have to do to make THAT happen???

Joe
Jaxmanjoe
jaxmanjoe
45 RPM

Postby IngoK » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:49 am

jaxmanjoe wrote:I've always been a huge Frankie supporter, especially where his guitar playing and songwriting were concerned. He's not THE song writing god but A song writing god... He gives the guitar a voice, not just a sound, and one of only a few that can do that for me. Man, I'd love to hear some of the stuff Joe and Frankie worked on together... what do we have to do to make THAT happen???

Joe

Yes, I agree. What do we have to do?
IngoK
LP

Postby Tito » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:17 am

Joe Vana wrote:
IngoK wrote:Thanks for that Info JV, that was exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks again.

Hey Ingo....

The tunes with FS were not completed...we had 5 or 6 great starts...but needed some finishing....and I am more than confident FS can do that....

I do really feel he is completely UNDERrated on this site....he is a beast of a guitarist...hell, I played tito a few tunes we wrote with FS on guitar and he was blown away....

Hope they do it!!!

JV

I do too. That one song was outstanding! A real cool song.
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby Joe Vana » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:05 am

Tito wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:

Hey Ingo....

Hope they do it!!!

JV

I do too. That one song was outstanding! A real cool song.

It is...and it's nice to hear FS playing guitar again!!!

JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Joe Vana » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:01 am

IngoK wrote:
jaxmanjoe wrote:I've always been a huge Frankie supporter, especially where his guitar playing and songwriting were concerned. He's not THE song writing god but A song writing god... He gives the guitar a voice, not just a sound, and one of only a few that can do that for me. Man, I'd love to hear some of the stuff Joe and Frankie worked on together... what do we have to do to make THAT happen???

Joe

I will be posting these songs soon...on the new website I will have a demo section....

JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Joe Vana » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:23 am

Joe Vana wrote:
IngoK wrote:

Joe

I will be posting these songs soon...on the new website I will have a demo section....

JV

I am meeting with the boys tonight....a decision will be made if WE as in Mecca should just cut these...will let you know...either way they will see the light of day....
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby jaxmanjoe » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:50 am

That is some good news :D
Jaxmanjoe
jaxmanjoe
45 RPM

Return to Mecca