Mecca I CD - Japanese Import

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Mecca I CD - Japanese Import

Postby jaxmanjoe » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:36 am

Did I see this correctly on Amazon - the Japanese import has two added tracks on it!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Mecca/dp/B000063L ... s_dp_dpt_2

I haven't heard 'Coce the Cap' or 'Mischievous' yet as I just found out they exist... Do I pay $60 for these two songs??? :)

Argh!

Joe
Jaxmanjoe
jaxmanjoe
45 RPM

Postby IngoK » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:53 am

It's written wrong. The Song is called Close that gap (a really fantastic one) and it' s on the normal release. The other Song " Mischivous" of the japanese Edition is sung by Fergie. Was the reason a bought the CD a second time...

BTW. Will there be a japanese Bonus Track on Mecca 2?
IngoK
LP

Postby Joe Vana » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:57 am

IngoK wrote:It's written wrong. The Song is called Close that gap (a really fantastic one) and it' s on the normal release. The other Song " Mischivous" of the japanese Edition is sung by Fergie. Was the reason a bought the CD a second time...

BTW. Will there be a japanese Bonus Track on Mecca 2?

Yep...a tune called "How Many Times"....it killlls!!!
The World was flat once....what happened??
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby jaxmanjoe » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:55 pm

lol...I love Close That Gap :)

Will the Japanese version be downloadable??? How do imports work in a virtual world? Crazy. And why do the Japanese always get the bonus track? Why not make them buy the 2nd album to get the American bonus track? It's racism I tell ya!

This Mecca release is the biggest event of the year for me. I may force my wife and kid to go on a road trip listening party with me 8)
Jaxmanjoe
jaxmanjoe
45 RPM

Postby jaxmanjoe » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:06 pm

It's funny...I do a search for Mecca on Google and I keep getting a lot of extraneous hits on some city in the Middle East. Can you believe that it actually comes up BEFORE the rock band, Mecca???? I'm writing a strongly worded email to Google about this...

Joe
Jaxmanjoe
jaxmanjoe
45 RPM

Postby Joe Vana » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:44 am

jaxmanjoe wrote:It's funny...I do a search for Mecca on Google and I keep getting a lot of extraneous hits on some city in the Middle East. Can you believe that it actually comes up BEFORE the rock band, Mecca???? I'm writing a strongly worded email to Google about this...

Joe

Me too!!!

But...keep in mind...there are other artists and acts named Mecca....I could not even trademark it....so...next album I might just call Joe Vana...who knows....people relate me to the name anyway, so I guess I could use whichever....Mecca, joe Vana...interchangeable I guess....I have just been doing Mecca for 12 years now...and would like to do music that makes ME happy and puts a smile on my face to play!!! Mecca does that...but I would like to grow a bit....that does NOT mean a Blues or Jazz album!!! Hahahahahaa......

I am going in a little bit of a different direction.....and am very excited about it....still will sound like us, just a bit more...just a bit...a little Hall and Oates...just a tad...and just starting to plan it out....

But as far as Mecca...I am going to give the name a rest for a while...next album as I said will be a Joe Vana album....so a bit different...I do get a lot of shit though from all my co-writers now...they say every tune I work on I make it end up sounding like Mecca...I am going to TRY to grow a bit...but, I am stuck with my ears, and I like only certain things...so maybe it will just end up sounding like Mecca...I do know one thing though, Mecca sounds different than other bands like us...so I have that to feel ok about...

VERY excited about the future guys!!!!

JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby DavidWT » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:23 am

Joe Vana wrote:[so...next album I might just call Joe Vana...

I think that would be a good decision, actually. "Mecca" just brings up too many other options when searching for it online. Actually, "Survivor" has the same problem. Even if I narrow it down to "survivor" +"music", it first finds 20,000 links related to Beyonce. I guess that's just one of the inherent problems of using a common word as a band name. (I remember when Survivor's "Reach" was about to be released, whenever I tried googling articles about "survivor" +"reach", I still ended up getting tons of links to articles about Beyonce's song "reaching" the top spot on the billboards, followed by a bunch of articles about contestants from the Survivor tv show "reaching" the finale.)

I still haven't heard Mecca's music (blasphemy, I know). I'll see if I can find some stuff on YouTube to get a feel for what it's like.
DavidWT
LP

Postby Tito » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:58 am

Joe Vana wrote:
jaxmanjoe wrote:It's funny...I do a search for Mecca on Google and I keep getting a lot of extraneous hits on some city in the Middle East. Can you believe that it actually comes up BEFORE the rock band, Mecca???? I'm writing a strongly worded email to Google about this...

Joe

Me too!!!

But...keep in mind...there are other artists and acts named Mecca....I could not even trademark it....so...next album I might just call Joe Vana...who knows....people relate me to the name anyway, so I guess I could use whichever....Mecca, joe Vana...interchangeable I guess....I have just been doing Mecca for 12 years now...and would like to do music that makes ME happy and puts a smile on my face to play!!! Mecca does that...but I would like to grow a bit....that does NOT mean a Blues or Jazz album!!! Hahahahahaa......

I am going in a little bit of a different direction.....and am very excited about it....still will sound like us, just a bit more...just a bit...a little Hall and Oates...just a tad...and just starting to plan it out....

But as far as Mecca...I am going to give the name a rest for a while...next album as I said will be a Joe Vana album....so a bit different...I do get a lot of shit though from all my co-writers now...they say every tune I work on I make it end up sounding like Mecca...I am going to TRY to grow a bit...but, I am stuck with my ears, and I like only certain things...so maybe it will just end up sounding like Mecca...I do know one thing though, Mecca sounds different than other bands like us...so I have that to feel ok about...

JV

How about:

Joe Vana's Mecca. Just like Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow.

I personally like: Vana.

I agree with the Mecca sound. The music isn't like anyone else. Yeah, you can hear some Toto and Mr. Mister at times but most of it - it's just it's own stuff. You can't really compare it to anyone else even though it's in Melodic Rock genre. There a lot of bands you can compare to each other but Mecca really is it's own thing. Saint John and I have talked about this before when you emailed out a few samples earlier this year. We couldn't really say this sounds like so and so. That's a good thing.
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby Joe Vana » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:21 am

Tito wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:

Joe

Me too!!!

JV

How about:

Joe Vana's Mecca. Just like Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow.

I personally like: Vana.

I agree with the Mecca sound. The music isn't like anyone else. Yeah, you can hear some Toto and Mr. Mister at times but most of it - it's just it's own stuff. You can't really compare it to anyone else even though it's in Melodic Rock genre. There a lot of bands you can compare to each other but Mecca really is it's own thing. Saint John and I have talked about this before when you emailed out a few samples earlier this year. We couldn't really say this sounds like so and so. That's a good thing.

Thanks guys!!!!

Yep...it's weird....I have a really strict set of ears...and everything I work on sounds like the same group, me, whatever.....and ypou can't trademark a sound so where ever I go, whatever I do it will still sound like me...and that is what I love about JP's songwriting and FS's guitarwork....it is ALWAYS them!!! Take the name survivor away from FS, insert other people and it will NEVER sound like Survivor...same with JP...the two together is the f'n sound...the vibe....what the F won't those guys bury the hatchet, lock the lawyers away and get in a room and write!!!! Let FS complete the album...and if you called it band X it would STILL be Survivor and it would KILL!!!!! Ahh the pipedreams I have....you can trademark a name, but NOT a sound...so I am protected...and so is JP and FS....I wish for just one last album they would just f'n do it!!!!

Anyway....thanks for the kind words guys....and by the way Tito, you get the credit...Vana is what it will be called!!!! And...it will always still sound like Mecca, because that is who and what I do...all true artists are different, but cannot be copied...I really appreciate it guys....I do!!!

I will post the first draft on soundcloud...- am starting today!!!!

You guys rock......100 heads are always better than 1...!!!!!!!!

Tonefully......JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby jaxmanjoe » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:40 am

How about 'JV' and your first album can be called Varisty... I crack myself up...
Jaxmanjoe
jaxmanjoe
45 RPM

Postby jaxmanjoe » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:40 am

Joe - what are the odds that you could release Mischievous as a single online?

Joe
Jaxmanjoe
jaxmanjoe
45 RPM

Postby Joe Vana » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:34 am

jaxmanjoe wrote:Joe - what are the odds that you could release Mischievous as a single online?

Joe

I can post it on my Mecca facebook....or soundcloud for ya if ya like!!!

JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby lordreo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:49 am

Joe Vana wrote:

JV

Facebook please, others would like to have it too :wink:
lordreo
Ol' 78

Postby Greg » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:49 am

Joe Vana wrote:
jaxmanjoe wrote:Joe - what are the odds that you could release Mischievous as a single online?

Joe

JV

Hhhmmm...speaking of Facebook, I'm going to send ya a friends request if that's OK. (I gotta hear this song!)
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby ptgraphics » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:33 am

I would love to hear "Mischievous". The first Mecca album is just awesome!

Pat
ptgraphics
Ol' 78

Postby Joe Vana » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:39 am

ptgraphics wrote:I would love to hear "Mischievous". The first Mecca album is just awesome!

Pat

I will put it up....within a day or two....

Thanks Pat.....JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby jaxmanjoe » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:09 am

Damn, I'm glad I mentioned this :)
Jaxmanjoe
jaxmanjoe
45 RPM

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)