Velocitized

A holy shrine for the killer AOR band.

Moderator: Andrew

Velocitized

Postby Idiosyncrasy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:54 am

Hi Joe,

Just wondering what the story is behind you guys using Velocitized on the first album. I know it was a Survivor demo (from 1992?) originally and Frankie's Survivor were playing it live at various points. Did you have to get Frankie's permission to use it, or was Jim able to use it without his permission? Did Frankie ever give you any feedback on your version of it? Were there any other unreleased Survivor songs you were considering for the album (or Peterik songs that have subsequent surfaced elsewhere?)

Thanks!

- Danny.
Idiosyncrasy
Ol' 78

Re: Velocitized

Postby Joe Vana » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:18 am

Idiosyncrasy wrote:Hi Joe,

Just wondering what the story is behind you guys using Velocitized on the first album. I know it was a Survivor demo (from 1992?) originally and Frankie's Survivor were playing it live at various points. Did you have to get Frankie's permission to use it, or was Jim able to use it without his permission? Did Frankie ever give you any feedback on your version of it? Were there any other unreleased Survivor songs you were considering for the album (or Peterik songs that have subsequent surfaced elsewhere?)

Thanks!

- Danny.

JP cowrote it...so he was able to give it to us to use....no issues....we did of course send it to FS...he liked it...I was never a huge fan of that tune, but the collective really liked it so we used it...the music of the song I liked a lot...the woooo in the chorus I was never thrilled about!!! Hahahaha....

JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Tito » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:21 am

Good song, I laughed at the Wooo. I think you should have had Ric Flair do the Wooo parts though.
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby Joe Vana » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:37 am

Tito wrote:Good song, I laughed at the Wooo. I think you should have had Ric Flair do the Wooo parts though.

That's nice!!! hahahahah

Not a bad tune...not at all......

JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Greg » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:45 am

Joe Vana wrote:

Thanks!

- Danny.

JP cowrote it...so he was able to give it to us to use....no issues....we did of course send it to FS...he liked it...I was never a huge fan of that tune, but the collective really liked it so we used it...the music of the song I liked a lot...the woooo in the chorus I was never thrilled about!!! Hahahaha....

JV

Yeah, that part always made me think of seeing Rick Flair in the ring holding up his four fingers for the Four Horsemen....LOL!
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby Joe Vana » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:59 am

Greg wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:

Thanks!

- Danny.

JV

Yeah, that part always made me think of seeing Rick Flair in the ring holding up his four fingers for the Four Horsemen....LOL!

Cool!! But, I was always, and still am a fan of the Undertaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Tito » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:25 am

Joe Vana wrote:
Greg wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:

Thanks!

- Danny.

JV

Cool!! But, I was always, and still am a fan of the Undertaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked him when he first started. He lost me when he did the biker gimic. I think he has gone back to the old school look but I haven't seen him in a couple of years. I personally can't believe he's still around and main eventing (part-time) 20 years later. I thought the gimic would last a few years, maybe several, but never 20 years. I was pulling for Kane to take him out in the late 90's. That's another guy, I can't believe is still main eventing.
Tito
Stereo LP

Return to Mecca