Mecca Live Shows?

A holy shrine for the killer AOR band.

Moderator: Andrew

Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Slander » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:51 am

Hi JV,

I just wanted to see if there were plans for Mecca to perform live?
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Joe Vana » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:17 am

Slander wrote:Hi JV,

YES!!!!

WE will....I did not play live the last bunch of years for a specific reason....I shall discuss that later!!

Have a great Day Ty.....JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Slander » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:20 am

Joe Vana wrote:

YES!!!!

WE will....I did not play live the last bunch of years for a specific reason....I shall discuss that later!!

Have a great Day Ty.....JV

That's great JV. I have never been to Chicago! Let me know so I can save my pennies. It would be great to meet you and here you live. Maybe axecrew will be there too :D :D .
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby axecrew » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:26 pm

You can count on it.
axecrew
LP

Postby Slander » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:30 am

axecrew wrote:You can count on it.

It would be great to meet you.
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby axecrew » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:10 am

Slander wrote:

Sounds like a plan
axecrew
LP

Postby Slander » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:15 am

axecrew wrote:
Slander wrote:

Sounds like a plan

I've never been to Illinois. Is most of your guys work in Chicago or the burbs?
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby axecrew » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Slander wrote:
axecrew wrote:
Slander wrote:

Sounds like a plan

I've never been to Illinois. Is most of your guys work in Chicago or the burbs?

Ya know its kinda funny, while Im sure it isnt true, it seems like the people who live in the burbs work in the city and the city dwellers work in the burbs. Like I said it probably isnt true, but sure seems that way.

The work is spread out between the two.
axecrew
LP

Postby Joe Vana » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Hey guys....

Just met with the core band....we ARE playing in 2012....will keep you posted!!!!

JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby jaxmanjoe » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:35 am

My birthday is August 31. I'll give you the address...
Jaxmanjoe
jaxmanjoe
45 RPM

Postby Joe Vana » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:19 pm

jaxmanjoe wrote:My birthday is August 31. I'll give you the address...

Cool!!!

I have started writing for Mecca III....this album will be WAY more upbeat....not the "Love Sucks" album Undeniable was...

I have learned alot the past 8 years...too much actually....a life time worth of lessons in Love, who to trust, who not to.....Business, who TOO hang with, Who NOT too...

I came out of it stronger....so why not write positive stuff???

Positivity.....never wrote about that!!!

Ha!

JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Slander » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:11 am

Joe Vana wrote:

Hey guys....

Just met with the core band....we ARE playing in 2012....will keep you posted!!!!

JV

Hi JV very good to hear. I will save my pennies. I've never been to chi-town. Would really enjoy meeting you and seeing you perform. I appreciate all you have shared with us through the years!
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Joe Vana » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:19 pm

Slander wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:

Hey guys....

JV

Hi JV very good to hear. I will save my pennies. I've never been to chi-town. Would really enjoy meeting you and seeing you perform. I appreciate all you have shared with us through the years!

Thanks.....

Been a rough 6 months....the album dropped after 6 years and the person I wrote the album for was then gone....a new life, a new career, a new house all at once....too much to process....it's why I have been AWOL....I shall hopefully be back soon!

JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Slander » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:52 am

Joe Vana wrote:Thanks.....

Been a rough 6 months....the album dropped after 6 years and the person I wrote the album for was then gone....a new life, a new career, a new house all at once....too much to process....it's why I have been AWOL....I shall hopefully be back soon!

JV

I get it JV. I do! Just know you are an inspiration to some of us. This isn't an I love you man moment this is a sincere thanks. Comebacks aren't made in a day! They are a process always in the making.
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Joe Vana » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Slander wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:Thanks.....

JV

I get it JV. I do! Just know you are an inspiration to some of us. This isn't an I love you man moment this is a sincere thanks. Comebacks aren't made in a day! They are a process always in the making.

Thanks Ty....

I am writing now with Bill Syniar (bass player on Too Hot To Sleep)...he is one really talented writer....he has 2 cowrites on Mecca I.......

Life just ebbs and flows...I guess it's true, you make your own happiness, if ya wait for others you will be disappointed every time.....I am keeping very busy, writing a lot and building a new studio off my garage in my house....this is to house my sons enormous amount of gear and all his studio gear....he has a great studio....

I plan on making 2012 the year of the serious rebuild....cutting off dead and negative weight, and only staying positive....Hell, I got Mecca II out!!!

Have a great one!

JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Tito » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:47 am

Joe Vana wrote:I plan on making 2012 the year of the serious rebuild....cutting off dead and negative weight

I agree, I can't wait til Obama is gone. :lol:
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby Joe Vana » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Tito wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:I plan on making 2012 the year of the serious rebuild....cutting off dead and negative weight

I agree, I can't wait til Obama is gone. :lol:

Hahaha....I was talking about music and my job...hahaha....but, ;:/- Obama hahaha
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Slander » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:02 am

Joe Vana wrote:[

I plan on making 2012 the year of the serious rebuild....cutting off dead and negative weight, and only staying positive....

JV

Good advice for all of us JV. I'm hoping for big changes in 2012 as well. While it's easy to point fingers, personal change always starts from within I do hope Mecca 3 features your sunny side. I really enjoy songs about redemption, perserverance, and ultimately triumph. You've got a great story to tell, I look forward to hearing it in song! Happy Holidays JV.
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Joe Vana » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:40 pm

Slander wrote:

I plan on making 2012 the year of the serious rebuild....cutting off dead and negative weight, and only staying positive....

JV

Good advice for all of us JV. I'm hoping for big changes in 2012 as well. While it's easy to point fingers, personal change always starts from within I do hope Mecca 3 features your sunny side. I really enjoy songs about redemption, perserverance, and ultimately triumph. You've got a great story to tell, I look forward to hearing it in song! Happy Holidays JV.

Thanks Ty.....yea, I have no sour grapes....I had a beautiful 8 year relationship that ended, but that was the best for BOTH of us...Mecca II came out with thunder!!! And I accomplished a ton professionally....I have already made inroads on all those fronts, and 2012 will be my year!!!!!

Positive is the word of the month!!!!!

JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Joe Vana » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:37 am

Joe Vana wrote:
Slander wrote:

JV

Thanks Ty.....yea, I have no sour grapes....I had a beautiful 8 year relationship that ended, but that was the best for BOTH of us...Mecca II came out with thunder!!! And I accomplished a ton professionally....I have already made inroads on all those fronts, and 2012 will be my year!!!!!

JV

I have some word on some shows mid year....wrapping it up now....JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Slander » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:54 am

Joe Vana wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:
Slander wrote:

JV

JV

Looking forward to them!
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Joe Vana » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Slander wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:
Slander wrote:

JV

JV

Hi guys....I have been getting some email on this....we are not playing live as of now anywhere....future who knows, but writing is what I am focusing on now.....
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Slander » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:42 am

Joe Vana wrote:Hi guys....I have been getting some email on this....we are not playing live as of now anywhere....future who knows, but writing is what I am focusing on now.....

Thanks for the update JV. I know that good things are coming!
Slander
Stereo LP

A live date coming up?!?!

Postby mrsromek » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Will you be performing in St. Charles at the end of the month-the Rock Riverhouse event?? I believe the ad listed Mecca. Did I read that correctly?
mrsromek
45 RPM

Re: A live date coming up?!?!

Postby Joe Vana » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:33 pm

mrsromek wrote:Will you be performing in St. Charles at the end of the month-the Rock Riverhouse event?? I believe the ad listed Mecca. Did I read that correctly?

I do not know of that show....I will be at Arts in a Roadhouse in Berwyn at Fitzgerald's on Oct 7.....my LAST show....
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Return to Mecca