Mecca Live Shows?

A holy shrine for the killer AOR band.

Moderator: Andrew

Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Slander » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:51 am

Hi JV,

I just wanted to see if there were plans for Mecca to perform live?
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
User avatar
Slander
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Joe Vana » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:17 am

Slander wrote:Hi JV,

I just wanted to see if there were plans for Mecca to perform live?


YES!!!!

WE will....I did not play live the last bunch of years for a specific reason....I shall discuss that later!!

Have a great Day Ty.....JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
User avatar
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Slander » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:20 am

Joe Vana wrote:
Slander wrote:Hi JV,

I just wanted to see if there were plans for Mecca to perform live?


YES!!!!

WE will....I did not play live the last bunch of years for a specific reason....I shall discuss that later!!

Have a great Day Ty.....JV


That's great JV. I have never been to Chicago! Let me know so I can save my pennies. It would be great to meet you and here you live. Maybe axecrew will be there too :D :D .
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
User avatar
Slander
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Postby axecrew » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:26 pm

You can count on it.
axecrew
LP
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:01 pm

Postby Slander » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:30 am

axecrew wrote:You can count on it.


It would be great to meet you.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
User avatar
Slander
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Postby axecrew » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:10 am

Slander wrote:
axecrew wrote:You can count on it.


It would be great to meet you.



Sounds like a plan
axecrew
LP
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:01 pm

Postby Slander » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:15 am

axecrew wrote:
Slander wrote:
axecrew wrote:You can count on it.


It would be great to meet you.



Sounds like a plan


I've never been to Illinois. Is most of your guys work in Chicago or the burbs?
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
User avatar
Slander
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Postby axecrew » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Slander wrote:
axecrew wrote:
Slander wrote:
axecrew wrote:You can count on it.


It would be great to meet you.



Sounds like a plan


I've never been to Illinois. Is most of your guys work in Chicago or the burbs?


Ya know its kinda funny, while Im sure it isnt true, it seems like the people who live in the burbs work in the city and the city dwellers work in the burbs. Like I said it probably isnt true, but sure seems that way.

The work is spread out between the two.
axecrew
LP
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:01 pm

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Joe Vana » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Slander wrote:Hi JV,

I just wanted to see if there were plans for Mecca to perform live?


Hey guys....

Just met with the core band....we ARE playing in 2012....will keep you posted!!!!

JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
User avatar
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Postby jaxmanjoe » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:35 am

My birthday is August 31. I'll give you the address...
Jaxmanjoe
jaxmanjoe
45 RPM
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:36 am
Location: Virginia

Postby Joe Vana » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:19 pm

jaxmanjoe wrote:My birthday is August 31. I'll give you the address...


Cool!!!

I have started writing for Mecca III....this album will be WAY more upbeat....not the "Love Sucks" album Undeniable was...

I have learned alot the past 8 years...too much actually....a life time worth of lessons in Love, who to trust, who not to.....Business, who TOO hang with, Who NOT too...

I came out of it stronger....so why not write positive stuff???

Positivity.....never wrote about that!!!

Ha!

JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
User avatar
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Slander » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:11 am

Joe Vana wrote:
Slander wrote:Hi JV,

I just wanted to see if there were plans for Mecca to perform live?


Hey guys....

Just met with the core band....we ARE playing in 2012....will keep you posted!!!!

JV


Hi JV very good to hear. I will save my pennies. I've never been to chi-town. Would really enjoy meeting you and seeing you perform. I appreciate all you have shared with us through the years!
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
User avatar
Slander
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Joe Vana » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:19 pm

Slander wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:
Slander wrote:Hi JV,

I just wanted to see if there were plans for Mecca to perform live?


Hey guys....

Just met with the core band....we ARE playing in 2012....will keep you posted!!!!

JV


Hi JV very good to hear. I will save my pennies. I've never been to chi-town. Would really enjoy meeting you and seeing you perform. I appreciate all you have shared with us through the years!


Thanks.....

Been a rough 6 months....the album dropped after 6 years and the person I wrote the album for was then gone....a new life, a new career, a new house all at once....too much to process....it's why I have been AWOL....I shall hopefully be back soon!

JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
User avatar
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Slander » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:52 am

Joe Vana wrote:Thanks.....

Been a rough 6 months....the album dropped after 6 years and the person I wrote the album for was then gone....a new life, a new career, a new house all at once....too much to process....it's why I have been AWOL....I shall hopefully be back soon!

JV


I get it JV. I do! Just know you are an inspiration to some of us. This isn't an I love you man moment this is a sincere thanks. Comebacks aren't made in a day! They are a process always in the making.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
User avatar
Slander
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Joe Vana » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Slander wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:Thanks.....

Been a rough 6 months....the album dropped after 6 years and the person I wrote the album for was then gone....a new life, a new career, a new house all at once....too much to process....it's why I have been AWOL....I shall hopefully be back soon!

JV


I get it JV. I do! Just know you are an inspiration to some of us. This isn't an I love you man moment this is a sincere thanks. Comebacks aren't made in a day! They are a process always in the making.


Thanks Ty....

I am writing now with Bill Syniar (bass player on Too Hot To Sleep)...he is one really talented writer....he has 2 cowrites on Mecca I.......

Life just ebbs and flows...I guess it's true, you make your own happiness, if ya wait for others you will be disappointed every time.....I am keeping very busy, writing a lot and building a new studio off my garage in my house....this is to house my sons enormous amount of gear and all his studio gear....he has a great studio....

I plan on making 2012 the year of the serious rebuild....cutting off dead and negative weight, and only staying positive....Hell, I got Mecca II out!!!

Have a great one!

JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
User avatar
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Tito » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:47 am

Joe Vana wrote:I plan on making 2012 the year of the serious rebuild....cutting off dead and negative weight


I agree, I can't wait til Obama is gone. :lol:
User avatar
Tito
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Chicago, Il

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Joe Vana » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Tito wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:I plan on making 2012 the year of the serious rebuild....cutting off dead and negative weight


I agree, I can't wait til Obama is gone. :lol:


Hahaha....I was talking about music and my job...hahaha....but, ;:/- Obama hahaha
The World was flat once....what happened??
User avatar
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Slander » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:02 am

Joe Vana wrote:[

I plan on making 2012 the year of the serious rebuild....cutting off dead and negative weight, and only staying positive....

JV


Good advice for all of us JV. I'm hoping for big changes in 2012 as well. While it's easy to point fingers, personal change always starts from within I do hope Mecca 3 features your sunny side. I really enjoy songs about redemption, perserverance, and ultimately triumph. You've got a great story to tell, I look forward to hearing it in song! Happy Holidays JV.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
User avatar
Slander
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Joe Vana » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:40 pm

Slander wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:[

I plan on making 2012 the year of the serious rebuild....cutting off dead and negative weight, and only staying positive....

JV


Good advice for all of us JV. I'm hoping for big changes in 2012 as well. While it's easy to point fingers, personal change always starts from within I do hope Mecca 3 features your sunny side. I really enjoy songs about redemption, perserverance, and ultimately triumph. You've got a great story to tell, I look forward to hearing it in song! Happy Holidays JV.


Thanks Ty.....yea, I have no sour grapes....I had a beautiful 8 year relationship that ended, but that was the best for BOTH of us...Mecca II came out with thunder!!! And I accomplished a ton professionally....I have already made inroads on all those fronts, and 2012 will be my year!!!!!

Positive is the word of the month!!!!!

JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
User avatar
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Joe Vana » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:37 am

Joe Vana wrote:
Slander wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:[

I plan on making 2012 the year of the serious rebuild....cutting off dead and negative weight, and only staying positive....

JV


Good advice for all of us JV. I'm hoping for big changes in 2012 as well. While it's easy to point fingers, personal change always starts from within I do hope Mecca 3 features your sunny side. I really enjoy songs about redemption, perserverance, and ultimately triumph. You've got a great story to tell, I look forward to hearing it in song! Happy Holidays JV.


Thanks Ty.....yea, I have no sour grapes....I had a beautiful 8 year relationship that ended, but that was the best for BOTH of us...Mecca II came out with thunder!!! And I accomplished a ton professionally....I have already made inroads on all those fronts, and 2012 will be my year!!!!!

Positive is the word of the month!!!!!

JV


I have some word on some shows mid year....wrapping it up now....JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
User avatar
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Slander » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:54 am

Joe Vana wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:
Slander wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:[

I plan on making 2012 the year of the serious rebuild....cutting off dead and negative weight, and only staying positive....

JV


Good advice for all of us JV. I'm hoping for big changes in 2012 as well. While it's easy to point fingers, personal change always starts from within I do hope Mecca 3 features your sunny side. I really enjoy songs about redemption, perserverance, and ultimately triumph. You've got a great story to tell, I look forward to hearing it in song! Happy Holidays JV.


Thanks Ty.....yea, I have no sour grapes....I had a beautiful 8 year relationship that ended, but that was the best for BOTH of us...Mecca II came out with thunder!!! And I accomplished a ton professionally....I have already made inroads on all those fronts, and 2012 will be my year!!!!!

Positive is the word of the month!!!!!

JV


I have some word on some shows mid year....wrapping it up now....JV


Looking forward to them!
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
User avatar
Slander
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Joe Vana » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Slander wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:
Slander wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:[

I plan on making 2012 the year of the serious rebuild....cutting off dead and negative weight, and only staying positive....

JV


Good advice for all of us JV. I'm hoping for big changes in 2012 as well. While it's easy to point fingers, personal change always starts from within I do hope Mecca 3 features your sunny side. I really enjoy songs about redemption, perserverance, and ultimately triumph. You've got a great story to tell, I look forward to hearing it in song! Happy Holidays JV.


Thanks Ty.....yea, I have no sour grapes....I had a beautiful 8 year relationship that ended, but that was the best for BOTH of us...Mecca II came out with thunder!!! And I accomplished a ton professionally....I have already made inroads on all those fronts, and 2012 will be my year!!!!!

Positive is the word of the month!!!!!

JV


I have some word on some shows mid year....wrapping it up now....JV


Hi guys....I have been getting some email on this....we are not playing live as of now anywhere....future who knows, but writing is what I am focusing on now.....
The World was flat once....what happened??
User avatar
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: Mecca Live Shows?

Postby Slander » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:42 am

Joe Vana wrote:Hi guys....I have been getting some email on this....we are not playing live as of now anywhere....future who knows, but writing is what I am focusing on now.....


Thanks for the update JV. I know that good things are coming!
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
User avatar
Slander
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

A live date coming up?!?!

Postby mrsromek » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Will you be performing in St. Charles at the end of the month-the Rock Riverhouse event?? I believe the ad listed Mecca. Did I read that correctly?
mrsromek
45 RPM
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:07 am

Re: A live date coming up?!?!

Postby Joe Vana » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:33 pm

mrsromek wrote:Will you be performing in St. Charles at the end of the month-the Rock Riverhouse event?? I believe the ad listed Mecca. Did I read that correctly?


I do not know of that show....I will be at Arts in a Roadhouse in Berwyn at Fitzgerald's on Oct 7.....my LAST show....
The World was flat once....what happened??
User avatar
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois


Return to Mecca

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests