Melodic Rock Update on Audiophile!

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Melodic Rock Update on Audiophile!

Postby jaxmanjoe » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:46 am

Just read the 3/7 update from Andrew and must say that I'm real excited about Mecca III, Audiophile. The line up sounds awesome and I can't wait to hear it.

Joe - do you have an approximate release date yet?

Joe
Jaxmanjoe
jaxmanjoe
45 RPM

Re: Melodic Rock Update on Audiophile!

Postby lordreo » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:55 am

Judging from the outtakes Joe posted on Facebook, it does sound like Mecca III will once again be a new high for Mecca :) I don't like the title though. However, if the music's great, who cares about the title?
lordreo
Ol' 78

Postby Joe Vana » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:28 am

About the title....

An Audiophile is:

An audiophile is a person enthusiastic about high-fidelity sound reproduction.
Audiophile values may be applied at all stages of music reproduction: the initial audio recording, the production process, and the playback, which is usually in a home setting.

"Audiophile" recordings include those using conventional formats but with special attention to audio quality, as well as recordings in high-resolution formats such as Super Audio CD or DVD-Audio. Recently, there has been interest in lossless file formats such as WAV, FLAC, WMA Lossless, and Apple Lossless.

A key goal of audiophiles is to capture the experience of a live musical performance in a room with good acoustics, and reproduce it at home. It is widely agreed that this is very difficult and that even the best-regarded recording and playback systems rarely, if ever, achieve it.

So in essence we are recording an Audiophile recording...

Recording to 2" tape....NOT into protools....not using cheap plugins yet using the real outboard gear... All vintage compressors, eq's, reverbs....and other effects....mixing the record ANALOGUE on the board....ALL REAL DRUMS....NO SAMPLES....using a real B3 instead of an emulated sound with a soft synth....NO guitar plugins, all REAL guitar sounds and effects as in REAL amps and effects......you have no idea how rare that has gotten as well!!!!!....we are using full takes, not an edited mess....if something sounds right we will use it.....but with a 4 time CMA winner behind the kit and a 9 time Grammy winner on bass who is beyond amazing of a player we have a nice head start on not worrying about a lot of that....they really are the glue....

I am an audiophile.....one of the "nuts" who spends a ton on interconnects, special custom speaker-wire and absolutely obsesses over what I am listening to....I listen INTO a recording....and that is the type of recording I would like with this record....We have the songs, the players.....now we are taking great care at how the album is being recorded and produced...beyond over the top....

I hope that makes sense....

My favorite Audiophile recordings:

The Beatles - Abbey Road
Toy Matinee
Mr Mister - Go On
Toto IV
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Eagles - DCC Gold - Hotel California
Most Telarc and DCC Gold Records
The World was flat once....what happened??
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby lordreo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:33 am

Thank you for explaining Joe! I just don't like the sound of the word :) However, since you are making such a record, the title seems perfect!
lordreo
Ol' 78

Postby Joe Vana » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:58 pm

Good....yes the word may be weird....but the meaning is important to me...Andrews title idea was "Pizza on Sunday" ....but I chose Audiophile instead!!! Hahah!!!!
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:23 am

Joe Vana wrote:Good....yes the word may be weird....but the meaning is important to me...Andrews title idea was "Pizza on Sunday" ....but I chose Audiophile instead!!! Hahah!!!!

I prefer "Death By Stereo"
Andrew
Administrator

Postby G.I.Jim » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:30 am

Andrew wrote:
Joe Vana wrote:Good....yes the word may be weird....but the meaning is important to me...Andrews title idea was "Pizza on Sunday" ....but I chose Audiophile instead!!! Hahah!!!!

Didn't know you were a Lost Boys fan Andrew. Lol! And Joe... how's the album coming along? I'm looking forward to hearing some new tunes!
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby Joe Vana » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:21 pm

G.I.Jim wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Didn't know you were a Lost Boys fan Andrew. Lol! And Joe... how's the album coming along? I'm looking forward to hearing some new tunes!

Jim.....email me....I can send ya a few to peruse!!!!!
JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Abitaman » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:43 am

Joe,
I have your first cd, but never got the second. I stopped buying CDs (took up too much room) and I went to buying off Rhaposdy and I Tunes. I fired ITunes a few years back and have not found it on Rhapsody. How did yall decide who to give downloading (selling) rights too. And who will be doing the new CD and rights to the second?
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)