New "Generations" Review

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby Monker » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:31 pm

And, it seems that thread was deleted.

I still think he is way out of line.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
NealIsGod wrote:Wow, pretty scathing remarks about Soul SirkUS.

The always internet saavy and very fan accessible, Jeff Soto has replied to the anti-SS remarks found in this review (both the review and Soto's subsequent follow-up comments are from Back Talk).

Here is what JSS had to say:

Tony, you sir, are an idiot!!! You mention so many facts(?) you are so unsure about, going so far as to making sure you mentioned being 'dissed' by a member of SS, I presume you're refering to ME. But you obviously don't remember the email I sent apologizing to whatever it was you were griping about at the time, nor did you ever reply to this email from ME.
I only post this here publicly so the same folks you're sharing your public airing of SS negativity vs. what you 'assume' would have made for a stronger Journey album see your validity is equal to sensationlism you'd find in the Enquirer. Why not set up an interview 'asking' questions focusing on your implications, maybe from there you'd get some of what you write....right!

You couldn't even see take the general statement of 'working on new songs for the next SS album' at face value!! Read it slowly & clearly, you might be able to read it as we're just getting a head start on writing on days OFF during the tour...we're not jumping into the studio between soundcheck & churning out a new album to be out by friggin' XMAS!

I'll leave this sublect alone now, just wanted to vent at items that are proudly made here publicly but deface others unnecessarily without getting the facts straight 1st...if you had done that & still had some sensationalism to write about, I'd just sit back & bite my tongue while you wrote the facts. Journey made a darn good album with or without the distraction of Soul SirkUS...& vice versa!

JSS
Monker
MP3

Postby Argus » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:35 pm

Monker wrote:And, it seems that thread was deleted.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
NealIsGod wrote:Wow, pretty scathing remarks about Soul SirkUS.

The always internet saavy and very fan accessible, Jeff Soto has replied to the anti-SS remarks found in this review (both the review and Soto's subsequent follow-up comments are from Back Talk).

Here is what JSS had to say:

Tony, you sir, are an idiot!!! You mention so many facts(?) you are so unsure about, going so far as to making sure you mentioned being 'dissed' by a member of SS, I presume you're refering to ME. But you obviously don't remember the email I sent apologizing to whatever it was you were griping about at the time, nor did you ever reply to this email from ME.
I only post this here publicly so the same folks you're sharing your public airing of SS negativity vs. what you 'assume' would have made for a stronger Journey album see your validity is equal to sensationlism you'd find in the Enquirer. Why not set up an interview 'asking' questions focusing on your implications, maybe from there you'd get some of what you write....right!

You couldn't even see take the general statement of 'working on new songs for the next SS album' at face value!! Read it slowly & clearly, you might be able to read it as we're just getting a head start on writing on days OFF during the tour...we're not jumping into the studio between soundcheck & churning out a new album to be out by friggin' XMAS!

I'll leave this sublect alone now, just wanted to vent at items that are proudly made here publicly but deface others unnecessarily without getting the facts straight 1st...if you had done that & still had some sensationalism to write about, I'd just sit back & bite my tongue while you wrote the facts. Journey made a darn good album with or without the distraction of Soul SirkUS...& vice versa!

JSS

Question: If Neal had come to BT and posted the same thoughts, would you say he was wrong? :shock:
Argus
8 Track

Postby Monker » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:48 pm

ace wrote:
Monker wrote:And, it seems that thread was deleted.

Question: If Neal had come to BT and posted the same thoughts, would you say he was wrong? :shock:

I did not say he was wrong. I said he was out of line. If Neal came on and wrote the same post, calling forum members idiots for having using webspace to post THEIR opinion of SS and how it affects Journey, I would say the same thing.

Frankly, I agree with much of what Tony said, would he call me an idiot too?

Nobody in Journey pushed Generations or talked about it as highly as Neal talked about SS. Neal seemed MUCH more enthused about SS and their future then he does about Generations and Journey. So, JSS breaking forum rules and insulting other forum members is over the line and he needs to reel it in a little bit. Neal already learned that lesson by trying to deal with Perry fans. Retaliating in anger never has good results.
Monker
MP3

Postby NealIsGod » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:19 pm

Bloodflower wrote:Have you forgotten that I have not followed the current line-up until very recently? I say the Deen guy because I am simply not familiar with him. It's just my way. Why does it sound suspcious? I don't mean anything at all by it.

Just call him Deen. We know who you are talking about. :D
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:47 am

Why is it so hard for you to do :?: Writing "Deen" is far quicker than typing out "that deen guy." If you're typing "that deen guy" then you know his name is Deen. Some people in here, not me of course, who don't know better may think you're going out of your way to be antagonistic.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:52 am

Okay. I see now that I will never have a pleasant time on this board.

You all will pick away at everything I say, however innocent the intentions, because I said some things that you disagreed with, and now you're paranoid that everything I say is some underlying "code" for my distaste for current Journey.

SO I said the Deen guy. GET OVER IT. I am simply unfamiliar with him, and just typed out what came to mind. There is no agenda.

This is so pathetic. I have tried to be nicer, and still I face antagonism.

You all need to let go of your obsession with Journey if it makes you so upset when someone has a slightly different view of them than you do, and says something innocuous like "That Deen guy."

This place is Back Talk lite.

I have enjoyed my conversations here on the board with Deano, and I appreciate others' kind words in other threads.

Goodbye.

Postby NealIsGod » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:00 am

Bloodflower wrote:This place is Back Talk lite.

Saying that is your worst sin on this board! :cry:
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby heardonthestreet » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:01 am

After the way you guys have ranted about Perry in the H.H. thread, you ought to be ashamed to accuse anyone of being antagonistic.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:02 am

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Come on. I don't care if you called him "that deen guy" more than once. Just don't pawn if off as innocent when it's clearly more work than typing deen. It's cute, it's subtle and I gotta admit it was funny. But it was what it was. Stick to your guns don't back away from your joke
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby NealIsGod » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:06 am

heardonthestreet wrote:After the way you guys have ranted about Perry in the H.H. thread, you ought to be ashamed to accuse anyone of being antagonistic.

Who are you referring to, HOTS?
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:07 am

Red: STOP trying to assume you know my intentions. It's not a JOKE - it's just what came to mind.

Antagonism all the way. Thanks a lot for making me feel right at home. I have never been to a board (other than BT) that was this overprotective of their band. Go to the U2 boards, or the Cure official board....U2 and Cure fans are way more harshly critical of their band. I too get offended, but realize it comes with the territory.

It's just sad when people are that overprotective. ITS NO BIG DEAL. it's a band, not a war.

Oh yes, and goodbye again.

Postby heardonthestreet » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:09 am

Backtalk has many Perry fans and I can appreciate the way the board is run. It appears to be, for the most part, friends and family of the band and the loyality is expected as is the rah, rah, rah. They don't allow putdowns for their band or it's members, for the most part, anyway.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:10 am

I said I thought it was cute! you're getting way too touchy about it. Do not make your third goodbye of the day really stick. Just hang, I do enjoyy your stuff.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby NealIsGod » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:13 am

Bloodflower wrote:Red: STOP trying to assume you know my intentions. It's not a JOKE - it's just what came to mind.

Antagonism all the way. Thanks a lot for making me feel right at home. I have never been to a board (other than BT) that was this overprotective of their band. Go to the U2 boards, or the Cure official board....U2 and Cure fans are way more harshly critical of their band. I too get offended, but realize it comes with the territory.

It's just sad when people are that overprotective. ITS NO BIG DEAL. it's a band, not a war.

Oh yes, and goodbye again.

If it's no big deal, why are you so upset?
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby heardonthestreet » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:27 am

Back on topic.......

Gee, the neg. on this review are observations that I made sometime back. I see that I might have been on the right track. I was making honest remarks at the time and was not being mean.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:29 am

it's a pretty positive review, HOTS. It shreds soul sirkus, true.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:36 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Back on topic.......

Gee, the neg. on this review are observations that I made sometime back. I see that I might have been on the right track. I was making honest remarks at the time and was not being mean.

What the Hell are you babbling about? Oh, you mean he "Observations" you made about Generations, 2 months before a song sampler went out? Oh okay! Glad I could clear that up.

So, by not not name calling, or arguing in the heat of battle, you think you are a little innocent poster in the eyes of Andrew?

If I'm wrong, why don't you tell us right now, whichever post "you made sometime back." I would love for you to pull it out of the archives.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:00 am

heardonthestreet wrote:Back on topic.......

Your "observations" were predicated on nothing but pre-existing loathing for this lineup.
You were making "criticisms" on the album before a track listing had even been formally released. How many times do you need to be reminded of that? Do you think we have all forgotten so soon? As soon as the title was leaked, you immediately chimed in and said the title should be changed to "End in Sight". Is that a legitamate critique? You also said the album "would not rock" before any soundbytes were released.
Andrew, this is the type of disingenuous crap we don't need here. Let's get the board off to a good start and get rid of this certain someone for good. She couldn't be honest to save her life.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:08 am

Notice she hasn't replied? I called her on something and poof! gone..She'll ly low for a day, then all of a sudden re-appear.

You won't hear from her on this thread anylonger.

By the way, long time no write Mr. Cause.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby heardonthestreet » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:44 am

I based my statements on the knowledge that the new recording would be with multiple vocals which dates back to April 7th. For Journey to record with backup singers, for the most part, doing lead, is bad business imo.
Neal stated that it would be guitar driven........Trouble, imo.

Go ahead a get pissed all over again. You called me out.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:30 am

heardonthestreet wrote:I based my statements on the knowledge that the new recording would be with multiple vocals which dates back to April 7th. For Journey to record with backup singers, for the most part, doing lead, is bad business imo.
Neal stated that it would be guitar driven........Trouble, imo.

Go ahead a get pissed all over again. You called me out.

I called you out alright. I simply asked you to validate your "future palm reading" ability. You said that Generations would not rock...2 months prior to release. THAT, is IMPOSSIBLE to do, unless you are indeed Lucifer.

Secondly, while it may be your opinion, how in the Hell is guitar driven rock bad?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby heardonthestreet » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:05 am

When it's too much of a good thing.
heardonthestreet
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:08 am

heardonthestreet wrote:When it's too much of a good thing.

Ok, I can accept that. (now, I am rolling on the floor at how dumb this statement is)...

I guess we need more Baby I'm leaving you bullshit, eh?

Again....NO abuse by Rock..... :wink:
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Previous

Return to Journey