Win Journey tickets at Boston show August 20: Boston Herald

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby JourneyTroll » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:38 am

jrnyman28 wrote:
JourneyTroll wrote:Red13JoePa was talking about the Stones with me, so he might care. Don't get angry Dave. Have a good weekend.

Journeytroll

Not angry at all...but who really cares about their "past" drug use? Talk about their music. Talk about how old they look or how dead they look. But I just don't really get it. You seem to be stuck on the fact they had drug problems. That is why I asked.

Hi Dave,

I care about their drug use because I am a fan of The Rolling Stones. Their best musician, Brian Jones, died of drugs and was kicked out of the band because of his drug problems. His "musical talent" was diminished to nothing due his drug problems. When you hear the classic Stones' songs of Mother's Little Helper, Paint It Black, and Ruby Tuesday, think of Brian Jones.

How is talking about their looks better than talking about their drugs? The reason I mentioned their drug problems is as a fan I can admit that they have had many problems in the band. Many of the problems were due to drugs.

Take it easy,
Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:41 am

If Manny can't stand the lack of privacy in boston, what's he gonna do in NY?!?!?!?!?!?!? I hope the MetsGos don't get him. What a spectacle that would be, though. RocknDBag? Hmm.
It's a disapointment JRNY's not doing Philly or Camden, true.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:01 am

JourneyTroll wrote:How is talking about their looks better than talking about their drugs? The reason I mentioned their drug problems is as a fan I can admit that they have had many problems in the band. Many of the problems were due to drugs.

Take it easy,
Journeytroll

I understand, and you have a point. But atleast the talk of looks on this board was about Journey's looks as it is their board. Talking about the Stones drug problem is very OT. And it really seems like it is an important issue with YOU but not anyone else...that's all.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:51 am

OpeningAct wrote: The latest is, Ram-Man, or whatever the hell RocknDbag called him,

Ya, who is namecalling now? You're lucky I don't give a shit about your theatrics..

You just validated my point. You are in my opinion, NOT a sportswriter, and if you are, you suck at it. Hell, anyone can read the paper or watch ESPN, and transcribe onto MelodicRock.com.... I am not fooled. You blow, dude.

Tell me dude, is Bledsoe going to start this year or is Brady? Who is the centre for the B's?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Red13JoePa » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:05 am

Wait, Rockn'Deano. I thought the Pats were going with Grogan this year. Is Schwarzenneger going to JRNY tonight? You probly won't be able to stand being in the same amphitheater as him, but that's cool. he IS a moderate Repub though....

Oh, and Troll: Hold on, hold on, hold on. KEITH was and IS the Stones' best musician. Brian was a jack of all trades but you know what they say about those. Brian was a great R&B guitarist though,good harmonica player but did nothing as well as Richards plays the only existent brand of rythm/lead.
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby OpeningAct » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:13 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:
OpeningAct wrote: The latest is, Ram-Man, or whatever the hell RocknDbag called him,

Ya, who is namecalling now? You're lucky I don't give a shit about your theatrics..

You just validated my point. You are in my opinion, NOT a sportswriter, and if you are, you suck at it. Hell, anyone can read the paper or watch ESPN, and transcribe onto MelodicRock.com.... I am not fooled. You blow, dude.

Tell me dude, is Bledsoe going to start this year or is Brady? Who is the centre for the B's?
You're right, I'm not a sportswriter. You are just TOO clever for me Deano... I agree, you are no fool...:roll: :roll:
BTW...You have a PM... :wink:
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:44 am

Hey genius, I don't read what you write to me, so keep on wasting your time writing..--Dumbass
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby OpeningAct » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:20 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:Hey genius, I don't read what you write to me, so keep on wasting your time writing..--Dumbass
Well you MUST be a genius because you REPLIED to it.... :P
OpeningAct
LP

Postby NealIsGod » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:34 am

OpeningAct wrote:Well you MUST be a genius because you REPLIED to it.... :P

I'm sick of this stupid shit. Grow up.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:31 am

Yea, come OA. "You replied!! You replied to me!!! You can't ignore me!!! Everybody can't help paying attention and replying to me!! I have validation to my existence!!! YAY!!"

Why :?: It's a forum. People reply to dopes and real posters alike. So what? :roll:
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:51 am

You know, I did reply about 3 hours after he wrote it..because what he sent me was so embarrassing...

Let's recap. Andrew says I am the name caller and I PM people, and they publicly announce on the forum, "Please don't PM me rockndeano." He even started a thread!

So far, Opening act calls me names, and PM's me.

Now, who is at fault here?

Lock this stupid retarded thread..
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby OpeningAct » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:34 am

Jesus Deano could it be ANY easier to push your buttons... :P
Oh the attention...I CRAVE it so!!!!! :P
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:51 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
we can tell dude.

That's not a good picture of sharon stone in your avatar, either :wink:
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby OpeningAct » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:40 pm

Red13JoePa wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
we can tell dude.

That's not a good picture of sharon stone in your avatar, either :wink:
Sharon Stone! Good one!!! :P :wink:
OpeningAct
LP

Postby JourneyTroll » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:26 am

jrnyman28 wrote:
JourneyTroll wrote:How is talking about their looks better than talking about their drugs? The reason I mentioned their drug problems is as a fan I can admit that they have had many problems in the band. Many of the problems were due to drugs.

Take it easy,
Journeytroll

I understand, and you have a point. But atleast the talk of looks on this board was about Journey's looks as it is their board. Talking about the Stones drug problem is very OT. And it really seems like it is an important issue with YOU but not anyone else...that's all.

Hi Dave,

Sometimes an issue my only be important to one poster. However, others might still want to discuss the issue. Please don't try to silence an issue that you have no interest in. When I look back at the rock stars that passed away due to drugs such as Keith Moon, Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, John Bonham, and others, I feel sad and want to discuss it a little. I hope that's ok.

I am very happy that Keith Richards is still considered alive, and I wish him the best.

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:54 am

Read between the lines..Nobody here gives a shit if a couple of English grandpas want to poison themselves with drugs. Nobody here cares.

And don't tell me you are trying to raise awareness.. Like Keith Richards is going to be on the MR Journey board, scanning for tidbits on how journeytroll advises against drugs.

I hope you hit a tree on your way home from dance school, troll.
Last edited by Rockindeano on Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Fernando Ramirez » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:15 am

JourneyTroll wrote:Hi Dave,

Sometimes an issue my only be important to one poster. However, others might still want to discuss the issue. Please don't try to silence an issue that you have no interest in. When I look back at the rock stars that passed away due to drugs such as Keith Moon, Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, John Bonham, and others, I feel sad and want to discuss it a little. I hope that's ok.

I am very happy that Keith Richards is still considered alive, and I wish him the best.

Journeytroll

John Bonham didn't die from drugs. He died like Bon Scott did... choked on his own vomit... which was brought upon by massive alcohol consumption.
Fernando Ramirez
45 RPM

Postby OpeningAct » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:10 am

Fernando Ramirez wrote:
JourneyTroll wrote:Hi Dave,

Journeytroll

John Bonham didn't die from drugs. He died like Bon Scott did... choked on his own vomit... which was brought upon by massive alcohol consumption.
Massive alcohol consumption. Well at least he wasn't on drugs... :? :shock:
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:18 pm

Hey. The facts got in the way of Troll's story. Why can't Fernando point it out :?:
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:19 pm

Alcohol is a drug!
So is nicotine...
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby OpeningAct » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:24 pm

jrnyman28 wrote:Alcohol is a drug!
So is nicotine...
That's where I got confused with the Bonham, Hendrix thing J-man... :wink:
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:31 pm

WTF, is this MR.com, or AA? Christ....who gives a shit? I will drink to Keith, Jon and Bon right now! And I'll tell my neighbour to spark up some rock in George W's honour...

Leave it alone..
Last edited by Rockindeano on Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby OpeningAct » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:33 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:WTF, is this MR.com, or AA? Christ....who gives a shit? I will drink to Keith, Jon and Bon right now! And I'll tell my neighbour to spark up some rock in George W's honour...

Leave it alone..
Just be careful not to get arrested again barfly!!!! :P
OpeningAct
LP

Postby JourneyTroll » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:22 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:Read between the lines..Nobody here gives a shit if a couple of English grandpas want to poison themselves with drugs. Nobody here cares.

And don't tell me you are trying to raise awareness.. Like Keith Richards is going to be on the MR Journey board, scanning for tidbits on how journeytroll advises against drugs.

I hope you hit a tree on your way home from dance school, troll.

Why do you try to silence me and others? Yet, you can ramble about being "detained" at concerts. Too many rock stars have died or had their careers shortened by drugs.

Your statement about wishing that I hit a tree on my way home from dance school really shows that YOU are the disturbed person on this board.

You aren't the "voice" of this message board. By the way, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, and Brian Jones were all under 30 when they died due to drugs.

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:25 pm

What was the pool Brian Jones drowned in filled with liquid cocaine or heroine?
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby JourneyTroll » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:17 am

Red13JoePa wrote:What was the pool Brian Jones drowned in filled with liquid cocaine or heroine?

Alcohol and other drugs were found in his body. Brian Jones was a good swimmer and athlete before joining the Stones.

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:47 am

In the last coffe table book that came out Richards intimated that he thought is was neither drugs nor drowning accidentally but foul play, a theory many people stick to today. There's even a movie The Strange Life And Death Of Brian Jones.
Haven't seen it but will rent it when it hits DVD.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby OpeningAct » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:59 pm

Red13JoePa wrote:In the last coffe table book that came out Richards intimated that he thought is was neither drugs nor drowning accidentally but foul play, a theory many people stick to today. There's even a movie The Strange Life And Death Of Brian Jones.
Haven't seen it but will rent it when it hits DVD.
I read that construction workers doing work on his grounds were responsible....no, REALLY!!! :shock: :shock:
OpeningAct
LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:02 pm

Why do I think I heard that one, too :?: I dunno it is odd, cuz the bandmamembers say he wasn't a drowning sort, nor was he into heavy drugs just like pills and booze (not that they couldn't drown you if you took too much).
Red13JoePa
MP3

Previous

Return to Journey