Curious, why the update to the forums?

Whatever forum news there might be...see here...and suggest any new forums.

Moderator: Andrew

Curious, why the update to the forums?

Postby TageRyche » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:08 am

It looks good, but I was wondering what brought about the updated look to the forums?
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby T-Bone » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:41 am

I liked the old colors better, but I could get used to these over some time :?
We, The Inept, Lead by the Incompetent, have been doing so much, with so little, for so long... We can practically do anything, with absolutely nothing.
T-Bone
Backup Admin

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:34 am

I don't like this at all. ACK!!

I'm too Old School, I like the other way better, unless you add more emoticons, then I'll be happy!
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Andrew » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:57 am

Bored of the old look which is the stock standard design for the phpBB boards. Still some other things to change.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Kenny » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:28 pm

There's no pleasing some people.....

That's just what Jesus said Sir!!! :lol: :roll:

In my experience there's usually a little bit of angst when a board is changed, because well, people tend to fear change. After a few months however, people don't tend to remember what the board used to look like.....so, follow the 2 rules of life;

1. Don't sweat the little shit.

2. It's all little shit!!!!
"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives."
Kenny
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:49 am

Kenny wrote:There's no pleasing some people.....

That's just what Jesus said Sir!!! :lol: :roll:

In my experience there's usually a little bit of angst when a board is changed, because well, people tend to fear change. After a few months however, people don't tend to remember what the board used to look like.....so, follow the 2 rules of life;

1. Don't sweat the little shit.

2. It's all little shit!!!!

It didn't affect my life, I was just curious.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby Kenny » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:40 pm

No need to qualify Rychey....I regard you as a fine and hale fellow, and the words in my post were not particularly directed at anyone, least of all your good self!! 8)

Carry on.....a change is as good as a holiday after all....I change things frequently - my underwear, the pourer from one bottle of scotch to the next, sex positions (at least once a month).
"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives."
Kenny
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:51 am

Kenny wrote:I change things frequently - my underwear, sex positions (at least once a month).

I would certainly hope so.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby NealIsGod » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:42 pm

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, since it is pretty unimportant, but just wanted to point out that some of the forum descriptions are a bit dated, esp. the Bon Jovi and VH ones.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:04 am

NealIsGod wrote:Didn't want to start a new thread for this, since it is pretty unimportant, but just wanted to point out that some of the forum descriptions are a bit dated, esp. the Bon Jovi and VH ones.

But do you like that he is using a Soul SirkUS song title for the Journey Forum?
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Andrew » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:58 am

NealIsGod wrote:Didn't want to start a new thread for this, since it is pretty unimportant, but just wanted to point out that some of the forum descriptions are a bit dated, esp. the Bon Jovi and VH ones.

Yes, updating shortly...
Andrew
Administrator

Return to MR Site Updates, Forum News & Requests