Moderator: Andrew

Which Survivor is/was better?

Late 70's era
2%
Early 80's era
38%
Middle to late 80's
52%
Early to Mid 90's (including the FMS album)
2%
Late 90's to 2000
No votes
From 2000-2006 (including Jimi Jamison's Survivor "Empires")
1%
The Present Survivor era
5%

Total votes : 88

Postby 7 Wishes » Thu May 10, 2007 12:42 pm

Slander wrote:
Robin has the chops to sing anything. His voice is also not leaving him. This is necessary change.

Bullshit, he does NOT have the chops to sing "anything". He is limited by his lack of range and his voice is good, but nowhere near "great". Jimi's voice is not "leaving him", if that is your suggestion.

A necessary change? Jimi wanted to tour like crazy and keep making CD's. He was beleaguered by Francis' apathy. It was only necessary in that Jimi quit the band after years of frustration and Francis had to find a singer if "Survivor" was to continue. McAuley just does not handle Survivor material well. It's all over the 'net and, aside from the opinions of his immediate family members (Mrs. Sullivan and Kevin/Slander), pretty much everyone agrees he just doesn't cut it. Let him cut another MSG record; I'd buy it. He does not belong in Survivor and this decision has pretty much pulled the plug on this band, as it was already on life-support despite Francis being the hardest-working musician in the world.
7 Wishes
Stereo LP

Postby MarcelJordan » Thu May 10, 2007 12:48 pm

7 Wishes wrote:
Slander wrote:
Robin has the chops to sing anything. His voice is also not leaving him. This is necessary change.

Bullshit, he does NOT have the chops to sing "anything". He is limited by his lack of range and his voice is good, but nowhere near "great". Jimi's voice is not "leaving him", if that is your suggestion.

A necessary change? Jimi wanted to tour like crazy and keep making CD's. He was beleaguered by Francis' apathy. It was only necessary in that Jimi quit the band after years of frustration and Francis had to find a singer if "Survivor" was to continue. McAuley just does not handle Survivor material well. It's all over the 'net and, aside from the opinions of his immediate family members (Mrs. Sullivan and Kevin/Slander), pretty much everyone agrees he just doesn't cut it. Let him cut another MSG record; I'd buy it. He does not belong in Survivor and this decision has pretty much pulled the plug on this band, as it was already on life-support despite Francis being the hardest-working musician in the world.

I have a q. Have you seen them perform live yet?
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Postby 7 Wishes » Thu May 10, 2007 12:53 pm

MarcelJordan wrote:
7 Wishes wrote:
Slander wrote:

No, sir, but I have gotten ahold of two bootlegs and all I can say is...ouch. Ugly. Not good.
7 Wishes
Stereo LP

Postby MarcelJordan » Thu May 10, 2007 1:10 pm

7 Wishes wrote:
MarcelJordan wrote:
7 Wishes wrote:
Slander wrote:

No, sir, but I have gotten ahold of two bootlegs and all I can say is...ouch. Ugly. Not good.

I got one bootleg and I loved it! So its a matter of taste here I guess.
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Postby 7 Wishes » Thu May 10, 2007 1:18 pm

Absolutely. I respect the fact that you like him...I wish I did.
7 Wishes
Stereo LP

Postby MarcelJordan » Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 pm

7 Wishes wrote:Absolutely. I respect the fact that you like him...I wish I did.

Alright. 8) Sending PM to you.
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Postby Slander » Fri May 11, 2007 1:14 am

MarcelJordan wrote:
Slander wrote:
IngoK wrote:Agree to you MarcelJordan. Now we have Robin as the singer, that´s the fact and only time will tell.

So let´s wait, hopefully not so long like the years before.

Agreed. It also helps that he's a not a smoker. Great family man , likeable, charismatic AND for posterity same birthday as Marc. :lol:

It's great that Robin doesn't have to dye is hair too! LOL. Oh was that out of line.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri May 11, 2007 1:17 am

Slander wrote:
MarcelJordan wrote:
Slander wrote:
IngoK wrote:Agree to you MarcelJordan. Now we have Robin as the singer, that´s the fact and only time will tell.

So let´s wait, hopefully not so long like the years before.

Agreed. It also helps that he's a not a smoker. Great family man , likeable, charismatic AND for posterity same birthday as Marc. :lol:

It's great that Robin doesn't have to dye is hair too! LOL. Oh was that out of line.

Hey, Colnel.

Sully's hair's no great shakes these days, either. Stringy, wiry, long, it looks like his kindred spirit Eddie in some of the recent pix before eddie got his weeds whacked.
Frankie should go back to short hair. His hair game was cool looking right up until WSC.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby 7 Wishes » Fri May 11, 2007 3:00 am

JP had the hair, dude. That head-throwback thing he did in EOTT has to be the sexiest move by any rock star in history, male or female. :D
7 Wishes
Stereo LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri May 11, 2007 3:08 am

7 Wishes wrote:JP had the hair, dude. That head-throwback thing he did in EOTT has to be the sexiest move by any rock star in history, male or female. :D

Yea, the Peterik hair with those big giant window glasses. Exudes sex.
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby silvergirl66 » Fri May 11, 2007 5:35 am

HAVE you noticed, Jim hasn't changed much in the last 30 years. I saw him about 4 years ago with 38 special, he sat in for a few songs, he looked really good, the glasses are alot smaller , he was super fit, he really takes care of himself. He's always has been very nice and pleasant in person.
silvergirl66
LP

Postby Slander » Fri May 11, 2007 6:00 am

silvergirl66 wrote:HAVE you noticed, Jim hasn't changed much in the last 30 years. I saw him about 4 years ago with 38 special, he sat in for a few songs, he looked really good, the glasses are alot smaller , he was super fit, he really takes care of himself. He's always has been very nice and pleasant in person.

FS and JP. Now that was team. The band could have been a real headliner. It's too bad.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby 7 Wishes » Fri May 11, 2007 6:21 am

BIGDOG1 wrote:McCauley is a great singer.he did a great job on Eye on dancin' w/ the stars.Wait for the new disc then judge. 8)

He sounded like shit. He can't handle Survivor material.
7 Wishes
Stereo LP

Postby Slander » Fri May 11, 2007 6:25 am

7 Wishes wrote:
BIGDOG1 wrote:McCauley is a great singer.he did a great job on Eye on dancin' w/ the stars.Wait for the new disc then judge. 8)

He sounded like shit. He can't handle Survivor material.

7 your arguments are shite. You can't handle bulletin board material.
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Lark » Fri May 11, 2007 8:11 am

[quote="Slander"][quote="7 Wishes"][quote="BIGDOG1"]McCauley is a great singer.he did a great job on Eye on dancin' w/ the stars.Wait for the new disc then judge. 8)[/quote]

He sounded like shit. He can't handle Survivor material.[/quote]

7 your arguments are shite. You can't handle bulletin board material.[/quote]

They are only arguments to you, Slander. To the rest of us, they are called OPINIONS.
Lark
Ol' 78

Postby 7 Wishes » Fri May 11, 2007 8:13 am

See, there you go again, Kevin. I'm not going to bite. My posts are opinions about THE BAND and its members, but you always make it personal. Anyone who doesn't get a hard-on for McAuley and Francis' 43-minute Chevy Nights "solo" is an idiot and full of shite in your book. Truth? You can't handle the truth. And yes, as someone who has invested upwards of $100 in records, tapes, and CD's, and at least $500 in tickets for this band in the past 25 years, I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO CRITICIZE. You are in a minority in your enthusiasm for "Survivor" in its present incarnation. However, unlike you, I RESPECT YOUR RIGHT TO FEEL THAT WAY. We'll never see eye to eye on this, and that's fine. STOP MAKING IT PERSONAL. You sound like a broken recrord. Too much MSG can lead to blurred and distorted vision.
7 Wishes
Stereo LP

Postby Slander » Fri May 11, 2007 8:32 am

7 Wishes wrote:See, there you go again, Kevin. I'm not going to bite. My posts are opinions about THE BAND and its members, but you always make it personal. Anyone who doesn't get a hard-on for McAuley and Francis' 43-minute Chevy Nights "solo" is an idiot and full of shite in your book. Truth? You can't handle the truth. And yes, as someone who has invested upwards of $100 in records, tapes, and CD's, and at least $500 in tickets for this band in the past 25 years, I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO CRITICIZE. You are in a minority in your enthusiasm for "Survivor" in its present incarnation. However, unlike you, I RESPECT YOUR RIGHT TO FEEL THAT WAY. We'll never see eye to eye on this, and that's fine. STOP MAKING IT PERSONAL. You sound like a broken recrord. Too much MSG can lead to blurred and distorted vision.

Once again, you criticize and then can't take it yourself. Sure you have the right to criticize. I'm all for it. I don't have a hard-on for McAuley because I'm worried about how he will cover the Survivor catalog. Having said that, I'm reserving judgement. I know you Jamo-heads can't wait to see him fail but I for one think he will not. He's by far a better showman that Jamison ever was. If I'm such a minority why was there the demand to have them on Dancing with the Stars? Sorry it just doesn't add up 7.
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Eyeof » Fri May 11, 2007 8:59 am

come on Slander...please man...be logical....being on that show had nothing to do witih the current lineup....in fact i'd venture to say when the show contacted them they had no idea about the lineup...that's about that song and nothing else...if they had showed up with Dave to sing the song, not one person on that show would have known the difference...except when it sounded better....
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby Slander » Fri May 11, 2007 9:03 am

Eyeof wrote:come on Slander...please man...be logical....being on that show had nothing to do witih the current lineup....in fact i'd venture to say when the show contacted them they had no idea about the lineup...that's about that song and nothing else...if they had showed up with Dave to sing the song, not one person on that show would have known the difference...except when it sounded better....

You can't seperate the two. The song defines the group. Frankie co-wrote the song. He is responsible for the appearance. Nice try. I know you guys want to bash away but you need to be logical. The fact is that this band is busier than in recent years. Sorry, it's just a fact.
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Eyeof » Fri May 11, 2007 9:08 am

Yes you can....nice try by you....Frankie was no more responsible for that appearance than JP who co-wrote the song, or Dave who sung it or Stallone for that matter...keep kidding yourself....it's pretty funny....
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby Slander » Fri May 11, 2007 11:19 am

Eyeof wrote:Yes you can....nice try by you....Frankie was no more responsible for that appearance than JP who co-wrote the song, or Dave who sung it or Stallone for that matter...keep kidding yourself....it's pretty funny....

Nice try by you but you could say that about any piece of music. The bottom line is Frankie and the band are keeping the song alive. Therefore they are a part of the song. I didn't hear the voice of Survivor Jimi playing on DWTS nor did I hear Liza Manelli and Jim Peterik singing it on DWTS. It was Survivor. Sorry but the band are one. Get over it. You can't have one without the other.
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby MarcelJordan » Fri May 11, 2007 12:05 pm

Eyeof wrote:Frankie was no more responsible for that appearance than JP who co-wrote the song

Its Frankie who's got the BAND not JP. It was the BAND that performed. JP apparently has not guts to see Survivor nowadays in the first place. Its clear as day, FS got them into the show. Shows WILL NOT just blindly choose a band that can't perform and make a mess out of it. Ratings are VASTLY important.
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri May 11, 2007 11:57 pm

MarcelJordan wrote:
Eyeof wrote:Frankie was no more responsible for that appearance than JP who co-wrote the song

Shows WILL NOT just blindly choose a band that can't perform and make a mess out of it. Ratings are VASTLY important.

Ratings are Huge, MarcelJordan. Now what is the band prepared to do to capitalize upon it? More than the coffee commercial I hope.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Slander » Sat May 12, 2007 1:46 am

Red13JoePa wrote:
MarcelJordan wrote:

Shows WILL NOT just blindly choose a band that can't perform and make a mess out of it. Ratings are VASTLY important.

Ratings are Huge, MarcelJordan. Now what is the band prepared to do to capitalize upon it? More than the coffee commercial I hope.

It appears to me that they are working more dates and working on album. Maybe Frankie could run for President too. Let's see maybe Robin could join Brad and Angelina and adopt some kids. Maybe Marc could volunteer for service in Iraq. What the F*** is wrong with you peoploe. Maybe you could get busy being a fan and quit bitching. You guys call Frankie lazy, my god be creative and think of a new thread. Talk about lazy.
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat May 12, 2007 2:09 am

You can type fuck, S.

Also, why does it appear to you that they are workin on an album?

I reject that supposition, because with the press release almost a year ago announcing messia mccauley's advent into the band it said they were alREADY recording said album. Isn't it a reasonable expectation that it be done by now?
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Slander » Sat May 12, 2007 2:13 am

Red13JoePa wrote:You can type fuck, S.

I reject that supposition, because with the press release almost a year ago announcing messia mccauley's advent into the band it said they were alREADY recording said album. Isn't it a reasonable expectation that it be done by now?

Not necessarially. Come on Red, Robin wasn't in the fold until what July or August? The first boot we got was in August. And what's with ripping on Robin. He has done nothing but been a positive influence since joining up. He hasn't said anything negative. He's just moving forward.
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat May 12, 2007 2:23 am

Slander wrote:

Not necessarially. Come on Red, Robin wasn't in the fold until what July or August? The first boot we got was in August. And what's with ripping on Robin. He has done nothing but been a positive influence since joining up. He hasn't said anything negative. He's just moving forward.

Then why say the second he was announced into the band that were already actively hard at work on it? :?
I have the feeling that amounted to nothing more than McCauley overdubbing those 3 vocals that were posted a while back, probly recorded for radio concert commercial purposes only.

I'll bet not a single new note has been laid down.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Slander » Sat May 12, 2007 2:27 am

Red13JoePa wrote:
Slander wrote:

Then why say the second he was announced into the band that were already actively hard at work on it? :?
I have the feeling that amounted to nothing more than McCauley overdubbing those 3 vocals that were posted a while back, probly recorded for radio concert commercial purposes only.

I'll bet not a single new note has been laid down.

I have it on good authority that they are working on album. We'll see. I want to see a lot of apologizies on this board when this is done. I want to thank the band for a very active year and once again moving the Survivor tradition forward.
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby 7 Wishes » Sat May 12, 2007 2:32 am

Slander wrote:Not necessarially. Come on Red, Robin wasn't in the fold until what July or August? The first boot we got was in August. And what's with ripping on Robin. He has done nothing but been a positive influence since joining up. He hasn't said anything negative. He's just moving forward.

Oh, I'm sure all is well in the Survivor camp. After all, that's all we ever heard from Francis during Jimi's latest tenure. Jamo never had a single negative thing to say while he was still in the band. Do you really think McFlawley would say ANYTHING negative at this point, given that he was offered a job that was WAAAAAY above his capabilities? Come on, Slander. No-one has your back anymore.
7 Wishes
Stereo LP

Postby Slander » Sat May 12, 2007 2:41 am

7 Wishes wrote:
Slander wrote:Not necessarially. Come on Red, Robin wasn't in the fold until what July or August? The first boot we got was in August. And what's with ripping on Robin. He has done nothing but been a positive influence since joining up. He hasn't said anything negative. He's just moving forward.

Oh, I'm sure all is well in the Survivor camp. After all, that's all we ever heard from Francis during Jimi's latest tenure. Jamo never had a single negative thing to say while he was still in the band. Do you really think McFlawley would say ANYTHING negative at this point, given that he was offered a job that was WAAAAAY above his capabilities? Come on, Slander. No-one has your back anymore.

7, I don't need anyone looking out for me. The bottom line here is this band is moving forward. There's a positive vibe. They are doing more shows than in recent years with Jamo behind the mic. They have done national television. They are playing in Europe. They are recording a new album. That's progress. Jamo wishes he had the individual success Robin has had. I'm sorry but I will take MSG's stuff or Jimi's solo work anyday. It was commercially successful. I'm sorry but Jimi's first solo effort sucket. You guys might like Empires but it didn't exactly light up the US charts. By the way, I'm sorry the songs on Reach were WAAAAY beyond Jimi's capabilites. Let me know when his voice returns. Damn, I miss it. Maybe he will get it when he puts out that solo album he was talking about when Andrew interview him last year.
Slander
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)