Coincidence????

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

Coincidence????

Postby RockInDetroit » Mon May 21, 2007 7:13 am

Both Night Ranger websites have been shut down for the past two days. Wonder if this has to do with the fans backlashing about Jeff being out of the band. Seems weird that both Nightranger.com and nightranger.net are both out of commission at exactly the same time. Nightranger.net seems to be shut down all together and nightranger.com the message board is out.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Andrew » Mon May 21, 2007 9:59 am

Don't think so....but I'll be talking to Jack today, so I'll ask....
Andrew
Administrator

Postby RockInDetroit » Mon May 21, 2007 11:04 pm

Thanks Andrew. Surprised to see both nightranger.com and nightranger.net out of commission. There are many people out tehre that have not warmed up to myspace. I myself don't want to get a myspace account. Plus as fair as I know there are no myspace messageboards. Messageboards are great for fans to communicate.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby RockInDetroit » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:18 am

Nightranger.net is apparantly done for good. Night Ranger.com the official site which hasn't been updated in about 2 years and is basically only used for the messageboard has now been down for over a week (again). Kinda sad that there is not really a site where Night Ranger fans can go. here is the best spot but so far there hasn't been enough posts about Night Ranger. I just hope they are not goin myspace and skipping the traditional websites. here is your typical 'post' on myspace...."geez, Night ranger thansk for the add"....."Hey, NR I love your music".....blah blah blah.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby Ladelock » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:12 pm

LOL, Rock- I kept looking here to see if there was any new info since NR.com board wacked out. I should have known YOU would shake out here! :D Anyone else from the old "hood" around? I've missed y'all!
Ladelock
Radio Waves

Postby greginnh » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:56 pm

I'm hanging out here now as well. We all joke around that Andrew's site is the premeir Night Ranger site, mine as well post on his board. We've always cut and pasted his posts to nightranger.com......why bother. Rock on Andrew.
greginnh
Fresh Air

Postby RockInDetroit » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:42 am

Honestly, we should perform a recruit and seek out nightranger.com members and bring them over here. Too bad both nightranger.com and nightranger.net both died at the same time.

There is always Thomas's site also. What do you say make this the official Night Ranger Board or Thomas's boards site?
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby tapsmiled » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:19 pm

This is just more of the same crap from this band. I used to literally run to the store when albums came out and when tickets went on sale---dying to be the first. I spent 10+ hours painting a NR logo to hold up at their concerts. They have become such an unbelievable letdown to me----their one saving grace has been that Hole in the Sun shows that they still have some rock left in them. Thank god for Tell Your Vision.

Their apparent complete disdain for their fans, sadly, becomes more and more apparent every day. Still no further mention about the Jeff situation....now the only worthwhile aspect of their pathetic site is down with no mention or clarification. It is as if they have nothing but contempt for their fans. I cannot tell you how many times I have defended this band in other rock forums....now, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to "keep the faith" because of their sheer disregard for the few remaining fans they have.

Andrew, if you read this and continue to talk to the guys, I hope that, as a NR fan, you stand up and call bullshit. You have been the only reason that we have received any info regarding them. You are our pipeline, and they need to know how lame they have become.

Sorry....long day.....here endeth my rant.
tapsmiled
Radio Waves

Postby Ladelock » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:21 pm

Contacting some of the others would be great, but we can't even log on at the old site to use that system. I failed to get Thomas' email info when he posted it for just such an occasion as this. I did put the link to his site in my favs so I have been checking there also. I have not yet tried to contact him through that site- probably should do that. I don't care where we get info, as long as we can get it once in a while.

Tap, hang in there! Maybe one of the guys will see your post and feel so sorry for you that they will bring back some of the merchandise they have for there dear Japanese fans. It kinda irks me the Japanese get all the NR stuff FIRST.
Ladelock
Radio Waves

Postby tapsmiled » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:36 pm

I would be downright shocked by that. Honestly, the merchandise is the last thing on my mind. I got my copy from NEH and I'm happy. I am just so completely dismayed by their lack of interest in supporting those who have supported them. If I had a nickel for everytime I heard someone say "They're still around??!!", I'd be shocked. I dont know about you Lade, but sitting through some wretched biker rally is not my idea of a good time, but I've done it just to see them play. Hell, I thought 15 shows was a fairly impressive number, but many fans annihilate me with the number of times they have seen the guys play. I don't feel that they "owe" the fans anything other than to play music; it just pisses me off that they have demonstrated such poor communication with the few of us who still believe in them.
tapsmiled
Radio Waves

Postby Deuce » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:36 am

It's a shame about what happened to the official forum, but it's not that surprising, unfortunately, considering how the rest of the site has been so neglected for years.

Thomas' site (http://www.nightrangerweb.net) is a great Night Ranger site and it also has a forum (http://nightrangerweb.proboards34.com). If we can get enough fans to hear about it, then it can be a new home for us.
Deuce
Ol' 78

Postby RockInDetroit » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:26 pm

I am willing to do that. Thomas is a real great guy and he cares about Night Ranger and the fans a lot. This site is also great because it gets all the latest Night Ranger info first. It is a shame what is going on with Night Ranger. The guys should've just kept Jeff in the band and let him run the site. He at least would answer fans questions through email.
RockInDetroit
LP

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees