Anyone know anything about Jason Kelty???

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Anyone know anything about Jason Kelty???

Postby G.I.Jim » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:43 am

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone's having a good 4th!!! I saw a clip on here earlier of Jason Kelty singing "Lovin' you is easy" and was blown away! I just recieved a P.M. from the person who put the clip up there, but he doesn't know anything more about him. I googled him, and found that he was lead singer of E5C4PE. But it looks like that band ended in 1997. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks,
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby G.I.Jim » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:59 am

BTW, the clip I was referring to was in the "Tribute singer poll" on the 4th page. If you haven't heard it, go check it out!
G.I.Jim
MP3

Re: Anyone know anything about Jason Kelty???

Postby Saint John » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:02 am

G.I.Jim wrote:Hey everyone,

Hope everyone's having a good 4th!!! I saw a clip on here earlier of Jason Kelty singing "Lovin' you is easy" and was blown away! I just recieved a P.M. from the person who put the clip up there, but he doesn't know anything more about him. I googled him, and found that he was lead singer of E5C4PE. But it looks like that band ended in 1997. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks,

If it's the dude I think it is, he is amazing. Problem is, once the band folded he was seemingly never heard from again.
Saint John
Super Audio CD

Postby jrnyfan@nc.rr.com » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:10 am

I saw a show Escape did back in 97, while still "waiting" on the TBF tour. He was an awesome singer and visually he was a dead ringer for Perry. When I introduced myself to him after the show, it was very weird, as it really did feel like I was talking to Perry circa 1980ish.
jrnyfan@nc.rr.com
Ol' 78

Postby slucero » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:25 am

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he'd retired

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Aaron » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:28 am

I seen those guys in 1995/1996 and he was really good. He reminded me of a 77-79 era Perry vocal style. From what I remember, the band folded, he found Jesus and become pretty religious. If you do a search on this site I'm thinking there was info about him a couple of years ago or so.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby G.I.Jim » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:52 am

Thanks guys,
just got back from the movies (Transformers) and saw your posts. I'm surprised there's nothing more on Google about this guy! Andrew, do you know anything about him?
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby Aaron » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:56 am

FROM JOURNEY DIGEST:(Posted by Jason Kelty, Lead Singer of the Journey Tribute Band E5C4P3)
I am VERY sorry to have to announce the following...
E5C4P3 - Tribute To Journey will perform our final shows on October 17 and 18 at the Toy Tiger in Louisville, KY. If you've been putting off seeing the show - DON'T MISS THIS ONE!
WHY!?
I'd like to know that, too...
I can only say that while my 4 1/2 year soap opera with E5C4P3 has been the best time of my life, the story has similar complications as with Journey's "evolution". Don't be mad at any member of Journey (or E5C4P3 for that matter). It's just not worth the emotional tension.
Cherish what you originally became a fan of...and just never stop believing...
Jason AKA Sperry E5C4P3.juno.com
It was just yesterday Things then they felt O.K. Now that they're all gone away I'm cryin'....lonely tears of clowns...
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Aaron » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:06 pm

Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby G.I.Jim » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:42 pm

Thank you very much Aaron, but I've gone to all of the above, and have hit dead ends on every turn! They haven't updated Myspace since last year, and every email address listed in all of the links is old! Do you have any other leads?
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby Liquid_Drummer » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:55 pm

I talked to Jason maybe six months ago. He owns Escape PC (big shock there) which is his own pc repair buisness. When I spoke with him he said nothing about this gotham city band so this may have been before he joined. When I saw that he was in this band I was shocked because from out conversation he was VERY VERY religious and maybe a bit over the top for me. I used to talk to him quite a bit back in the Toy Tiger days and would see them everytime they came in (about once a month) and they were always off the fucking chart. I am a drummer, singer guitar player etc so I would always watch them with a very open ear for mistakes, weirdness, problems doing certain parts etc..... Never and I mean NEVER did I hear that band duck a single note. Jason was so close to Perry vocal wise it was fucking scary. Nothing against Jeremy because he is super talented and can do many different styles but if you want someone that can capture Perry's emotional deliver and tone then Jason Kelty is your guy period. I have been on you tube watching all of the Journey tribute bands since youtube was a baby and not one of them (frontiers included) could touch these guys. They were note for note, pitch perfect harmonies and even the 1st guitar player (Scott pisota) sounded like Rollie when he sang. Solos where so spot on he could be Schons stunt double.... Damn shame he wont even get an audition..... I am supposed to get some video and audio from a girlfriend of one of the old escape members but I have not heard from her for a while. If I do receive the stuff it going to get posted on here 1st.
Liquid_Drummer
Cassette Tape

Re: Anyone know anything about Jason Kelty???

Postby Wheels Of Fyre » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:12 am

G.I.Jim wrote:Hey everyone,

I just can't understand the fervor over tribute singers. I listen to this stuff and yawn. As a Vegas act or tribute act FINE. It's cool to try and sound like Perry however for JOURNEY to hire an impressionist is hack.

Jeremey claims that his "Perry" is actually his voice. If that's the case then I think it's a mistake to hire him although I'm sure he's already got the job. Jeremey promises that JOURNEY is looking for an original voice to do their legacy justice however if his "Perry" is actually his voice then how is it at all original?

I'm a fan of Jeremey's tribute singing - it's definitely solid - but I can't hear what's so original about it - or any of the tribute singers. They're doing their best Perry - but they're NOT singing. Perry SANG. He used Sam Cooke inflections and HIS VOICE to create something entirely unique and instantly recognizable. Impressions of Perry are anything but.
http://fyrewyngz.proboards88.com/

The Garden of Eden can't be found on a map. It's not a geographical location. It's right where you are - if you're in the spirit.
Wheels Of Fyre
Cassette Tape

Postby Liquid_Drummer » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:00 am

Jason is the same way. He isnt trying to sound like Perry. He just does and has even seen this as a roadblock because he is pigeon holed as a Perry sound a like and the guy cant help it.
Liquid_Drummer
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:04 am

This is true...Jason used to post regularly on the Journey Digst. You may want to ask about him there, see my sig.

He had the same reputation on the digest as Jeremy does here...a sort of fanbase who went ot a lot of his shows.

Aaron wrote:From: http://hometown.aol.com/e5c4pe/archives.txt

FROM JOURNEY DIGEST:(Posted by Jason Kelty, Lead Singer of the Journey Tribute Band E5C4P3)
E5C4P3 - Tribute To Journey will perform our final shows on October 17 and 18 at the Toy Tiger in Louisville, KY. If you've been putting off seeing the show - DON'T MISS THIS ONE!
WHY!?
I can only say that while my 4 1/2 year soap opera with E5C4P3 has been the best time of my life, the story has similar complications as with Journey's "evolution". Don't be mad at any member of Journey (or E5C4P3 for that matter). It's just not worth the emotional tension.
It was just yesterday Things then they felt O.K. Now that they're all gone away I'm cryin'....lonely tears of clowns...
Monker
MP3

Postby G.I.Jim » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:19 am

Monker wrote:This is true...Jason used to post regularly on the Journey Digst. You may want to ask about him there, see my sig.

He had the same reputation on the digest as Jeremy does here...a sort of fanbase who went ot a lot of his shows.

Aaron wrote:From: http://hometown.aol.com/e5c4pe/archives.txt

WHY!?

Thank you very much guys... I will continue my search. I'm the former keyboardist of Frontiers, and have been on a never ending search for a vocalist and guitarist for a recording project. I've posted several times in the musicians section, as well as P.M.'d a few people in here. So far, everybody I've spoken to is either too busy, or just not reliable! I'm looking for somebody with a great set of pipes to sing on an album. I actually prefer someone who doesn't sound like someone else, but when I heard Jason's vocals, I figured I'd see if he was up to it. My album is just something I've been working on for a while, part-time for fun. I am serious about my music, but at this point, I'm not trying to tour, or get a record deal. I just want to put out some kick-ass Melodic rock. So if any of you out there are interested...LET ME KNOW! Thanks again,
:D
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby Saint John » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:45 am

I'd like to hear something Jason has done recently. Man, he has a great voice. Anything...originals, covers, whatever.
Saint John
Super Audio CD

Postby G.I.Jim » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:00 am

Saint John wrote:I'd like to hear something Jason has done recently. Man, he has a great voice. Anything...originals, covers, whatever.

I with You...I'd love to hear more, but from what I did hear I was blown away! I would want him to do his own thing on my project, but if he sounds like Steve Perry, well that's not the worst person to be compared to!!! I just think he had a great range, and had some power behind those notes also!
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby Saint John » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:06 am

G.I.Jim wrote:
Saint John wrote:I'd like to hear something Jason has done recently. Man, he has a great voice. Anything...originals, covers, whatever.

I with You...I'd love to hear more, but from what I did hear I was blown away! I would want him to do his own thing on my project, but if he sounds like Steve Perry, well that's not the worst person to be compared to!!! I just think he had a great range, and had some power behind those notes also!

Agreed. Someone post something by him. Does he have any youtube? Monker, you fuck, get on this!!! :lol: :lol:
Saint John
Super Audio CD

Postby G.I.Jim » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:15 am

Saint John wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:

Agreed. Someone post something by him. Does he have any youtube? Monker, you fuck, get on this!!! :lol: :lol:

I couldn't find anything on you tube either Saint John. It's like he fell off of the face of the planet! :shock:
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby G.I.Jim » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:44 am

G.I.Jim wrote:
Saint John wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:

I couldn't find anything on you tube either Saint John. It's like he fell off of the face of the planet! :shock:

I found him! I just spoke with him 1/2 hour ago. I had to use all that Army training to find him...Okay, I just used yellowpages.com. I never just call someone out of the blue like that, but exhausted all other options! He understood, and I've sent him some of my material. Like someone posted earlier on here, He is now a Christian, and has moved away from secular music. He seemed very nice, but because of his musical interests, he may not be interested. I too am a Christian, but I'm also into my Melodic rock! We'll see what he says. Thanks to all for the help!
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby Saint John » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:31 pm

G.I.Jim wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:
Saint John wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:

I found him! I just spoke with him 1/2 hour ago. I had to use all that Army training to find him...Okay, I just used yellowpages.com. I never just call someone out of the blue like that, but exhausted all other options! He understood, and I've sent him some of my material. Like someone posted earlier on here, He is now a Christian, and has moved away from secular music. He seemed very nice, but because of his musical interests, he may not be interested. I too am a Christian, but I'm also into my Melodic rock! We'll see what he says. Thanks to all for the help!

Tell him I want some clips. Originals, covers, whatever. And I cleared it with the Lord so that shouldn't be a problem. :wink:
Saint John
Super Audio CD

Postby G.I.Jim » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:34 pm

Saint John wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:
Saint John wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:

Tell him I want some clips. Originals, covers, whatever. And I cleared it with the Lord so that shouldn't be a problem. :wink:

I think I'll leave out that last part, but I'll ask him! :lol:
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby G.I.Jim » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:34 pm

Saint John wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:
Saint John wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:

G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby Saint John » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:40 pm

G.I.Jim wrote:
Saint John wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:
Saint John wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:

Cool. 8) Thanks, dude.
Saint John
Super Audio CD

Postby JourneySinger » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:45 pm

It's a SAD thing when religion, politics, tradition or peer-pressure get in the way of good art... :(

Jason has an excellent voice and he is by far (based on the recording I heard) the CLOSEST impression to Perry.

It's a shame we (Journey fans) can't see him and his band perform anymore...

As far as JOURNEY's next lead singer... if they are truly looking for someone original... they need to stay away from the Perry impressionists...

Find someone that is able to hit the notes, and bring their own personal style... after all, is that not what JSS did? And look how upset the fans were when he was ousted...
JourneySinger
Ol' 78

Postby Monker » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:06 am

JourneySinger wrote:Find someone that is able to hit the notes, and bring their own personal style... after all, is that not what JSS did? And look how upset the fans were when he was ousted...

The one issue I have with that is that just as many people were upset that he was the one chosen.

Journey needs to find a 'happy medium' between a JSS and an impersonator.
Monker
MP3

Postby NealIsGod » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:16 am

Monker wrote:
JourneySinger wrote:Find someone that is able to hit the notes, and bring their own personal style... after all, is that not what JSS did? And look how upset the fans were when he was ousted...

The one issue I have with that is that just as many people were upset that he was the one chosen.

Once JSS hit his stride, nobody was complaining.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby Saint John » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:41 am

Monker wrote:

I think Jeremey is that guy. I really hope he gets the gig.
Saint John
Super Audio CD

Postby G.I.Jim » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:02 am

Saint John wrote:
Monker wrote:

I think Jeremey is that guy. I really hope he gets the gig.

I wish him nothing but the best of luck with this. He's a great guy, and he's very passionate about the music! He has a lot of people pulling for him.
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:14 am

I'm from Cleveland Ohio which is also where Jason is from, and where Escape got started.

I saw Escape perform many times and Jason was awesome singing Steve Perry's stuff.

Jason sounds the most like Steve Perry of any guy I have ever heard from a Journey tribute band, period!

I used to have a lot of Journey conversations with him, even had him over to my house once because we were trading coppies of Journey bootlegs with each other.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Next

Return to Journey