Press Release - www.prnewswire.com!

All past and current talk for MelodicRockFest 1, 2 and 3?

Moderator: Andrew

Press Release - www.prnewswire.com!

Postby Paloofer » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:23 am

Industry/Entertainment
Melodic Rock Superstars to Perform in Historic Concert

SOUTH BEND, Ind., Sept. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Since January 1997,
Australian Andrew McNeice has maintained a website
(http://www.melodicrock.com) that champions a style of Rock music that
commands a huge following throughout the world, Melodic Rock. Epitomized by
bands such as Survivor, Journey, Night Ranger, and Styx, the genre is
distinguished by unforgettable and emotional songwriting supported by
inventive and orchestral musicianship. The website takes millions of hits
and supports 200,000 monthly unique visitors.
Since its beginnings in the 80's, the American Midwest has been the
epicenter of Melodic Rock, and it is in South Bend, Indiana that McNeice
has chosen to bring together a blockbuster cast to celebrate the tenth
anniversary of melodicrock.com, in a one-night only concert. WAOR-FM of
Niles, Michigan is co-sponsor of the event.
The show, on October 6th, which begins at 2 pm, (at the Morris
Performing Arts Center) will feature "Scrap Metal" an all-star group
comprising Kelly Keagy from Night Ranger ("Sister Christian"), Gunnar and
Matthew Nelson of Nelson ("Love And Affection"), Mark Slaughter of
Slaughter ("Up All Night") and Eric Martin from Mr. Big ("To Be With You").
Joining that crew are very special guests Jim Peterik and Jimi Jamison,
both formerly of Survivor ("Eye Of The Tiger"), Jack Blades, bandmate of
Kelly Keagy in Night Ranger and member of Damn Yankees, and Joe Lynn Turner
of Rainbow and Deep Purple.
"Scrap Metal's" set will consist of the top hits made famous by the
members of the band. This setting also allows for the unique opportunity to
hear these great singers and musicians interact with each other in ways
that have never been previously presented.
Also appearing will be Former Journey vocalist Jeff Scott Soto, in a
special solo set, Kevin Chalfant of The Storm performing his tribute to
Journey, Canadian stars Harem Scarem, Martie Peters Group, 7th Heaven, and
1RKO.
Tickets are available online at:
morriscenter.ticketforce.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=136By phone at:
(574) 235-9190 toll free:(800) 537-6415, or in person at the Morris Center
Box Office. Ticket prices range from $47 to $27.
The Morris Performing Arts Center is located at 211 N Michigan Street
in South Bend, Indiana.
http://www.melodicrock.com
http://www.melodicrock.com/southbend
http://www.morriscenter.org
http://www.waor.com



SOURCE SCOTT MAY
Paloofer
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:43 am

Postby CatEyes » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:12 am

Drew - you're famous!!!!

ahhh we knew ya when you were just a l'il 'bat :wink:

Cat
The daughters of lions are lions, too.
CatEyes
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:05 am

Postby Andrew » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:01 am

Let's hope it sells some tickets.
User avatar
Andrew
Administrator
 
Posts: 9631
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Postby Liam » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:24 am

I didn't see my name anywhere in that. I'm hurt. :lol: j/k
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
User avatar
Liam
MP3
 
Posts: 10139
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:54 am

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:16 am

Liam wrote:I didn't see my name anywhere in that. I'm hurt. :lol: j/k


No, you just gotta look closer. :lol:

Press Release wrote:Industry/Entertainment
Melodic Rock Superstars to Perform in Historic Concert

SOUTH BEND, Ind., Sept. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Since January 1997,

The show, on October 6th, which begins at 2 pm, (at the Morris
Performing Arts Center) will feature "Scrap Metal" an all-star group
comprising Kelly Keagy from Night Ranger ("Sister Christian"), Gunnar and
Matthew Nelson of Nelson ("Love And Affection"), Mark Slaughter of
Slaughter ("Up All Night") and Eric Martin from Mr. Big ("To Be With You").
Joining that crew are very special guests Jim Peterik and Jimi Jamison,
both formerly of Survivor ("Eye Of The Tiger"), Jack Blades, bandmate of
Kelly Keagy in Night Ranger and member of Damn Yankees, and Joe Lynn Turner
of Rainbow and Deep Purple.
Rhiannon
MP3
 
Posts: 10866
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 9:09 am

Postby Liam » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:34 am

Blue Radio Girl wrote:
Liam wrote:I didn't see my name anywhere in that. I'm hurt. :lol: j/k


No, you just gotta look closer. :lol:

Press Release wrote:Industry/Entertainment
Melodic Rock Superstars to Perform in Historic Concert

SOUTH BEND, Ind., Sept. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Since January 1997,

The show, on October 6th, which begins at 2 pm, (at the Morris
Performing Arts Center) will feature "Scrap Metal" an all-star group
comprising Kelly Keagy from Night Ranger ("Sister Christian"), Gunnar and
Matthew Nelson of Nelson ("Love And Affection"), Mark Slaughter of
Slaughter ("Up All Night") and Eric Martin from Mr. Big ("To Be With You").
Joining that crew are very special guests Jim Peterik and Jimi Jamison,
both formerly of Survivor ("Eye Of The Tiger"), Jack Blades, bandmate of
Kelly Keagy in Night Ranger and member of Damn Yankees, and Joe Lynn Turner
of Rainbow and Deep Purple.


I KNEW there was a reason I liked you, Rhiannon. ;-) :lol:

Andrew...how are the ticket sales, if you don't mind me asking?
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
User avatar
Liam
MP3
 
Posts: 10139
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:54 am

Postby Andrew » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:30 am

Liam wrote:
Andrew...how are the ticket sales, if you don't mind me asking?


Average. Still haven't made break even yet. That's certainly a stress.
User avatar
Andrew
Administrator
 
Posts: 9631
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Postby Don Wishon » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:36 pm

How many more tickets (approximately) do you need to "break even"? I, like many on the site, thought this would sell out. We still have some time and my hopes are for the best.

Merchandise sales and the raffles should help.
Don Wishon
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Prosper, TX (35 miles north of Dallas)

Postby Liam » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:33 am

Andrew wrote:
Liam wrote:
Andrew...how are the ticket sales, if you don't mind me asking?


Average. Still haven't made break even yet. That's certainly a stress.


Sorry for the stress, bro...but don't worry....the Notre Dame kids will need something to do that day 'cause it's an away game for the Irish. It'll be late sales...but they'll come. Try not to stress too much. :-)
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
User avatar
Liam
MP3
 
Posts: 10139
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:54 am

Postby WalrusOct9 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:44 am

Sorry bro. I'll be there though, for better or worse. :)


You know...if you could get Paul Gilbert and Billy Sheehan to show up, i'll bet there'd be no problems selling the rest. :lol: You know, the same day Chinese Democracy comes out. :roll:
-Steve C.
User avatar
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:13 pm
Location: Nashville


Return to MelodicRockFest

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron