Show of a lifetime!

All past and current talk for MelodicRockFest 1, 2 and 3?

Moderator: Andrew

Show of a lifetime!

Postby BeachGirl » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:25 pm

Andrew & All:

Sunday morning. Can't begin to express what an experience of a lifetime last night was. Ended up eating it on a couple of tickets, and flying in from Florida alone, but for that show I would have paid quadruple and traveled even longer! Andrew, you rock for putting this together. I have some killer pix of Scrap Metal and JSS I'll post later. Thanks again. I'm officially the first one awake enough this AM to do a post!!!! By the way, I got to meet the guys I would have wanted to, Gunnar, Matthew, Mark Slaughter, Eric, Kelly... all cool and I'm a happy girl this weekend. I will never forget this. For those of you who couldn't make it, sorry, but you missed a once in a lifetime gig - I guarantee you!!!!!!!!
BeachGirl
Fresh Air

Postby larryfromnextdoor » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:11 am

beachgirl ,, i read all your posts and wished i could have gotten that ticket from you up front!!
but i couldnt go .. glad you had a good time.. step into other forums sometime.... keep rockin..
larryfromnextdoor
MP3

Re: Show of a lifetime!

Postby Moon Beam » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:35 am

BeachGirl wrote:Andrew & All:

Sunday morning. Can't begin to express what an experience of a lifetime last night was. Ended up eating it on a couple of tickets, and flying in from Florida alone, but for that show I would have paid quadruple and traveled even longer! Andrew, you rock for putting this together. I have some killer pix of Scrap Metal and JSS I'll post later. Thanks again. I'm officially the first one awake enough this AM to do a post!!!! By the way, I got to meet the guys I would have wanted to, Gunnar, Matthew, Mark Slaughter, Eric, Kelly... all cool and I'm a happy girl this weekend. I will never forget this. For those of you who couldn't make it, sorry, but you missed a once in a lifetime gig - I guarantee you!!!!!!!!

I'll repeat this song for surely!
It was grand wasn't it?
The only heart sinks I've felt is for those that couldn't be there.
I rocked my everything off!.
Wombat............THANK YOU SIR!
http://moonbeamsmindgrounds.blogspot.com/
Good, Bad Or Ugly, Live It, Love It Or Leave It.
Moon Beam
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Granny » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:48 am

Andrew, what an amazing show you put together. I wasn't sure that I would enjoy Scrap Metal, but they were awesome. That finale was worth it all...It can and never will be repeated...I tried to get a clip of it with my camera. will post as soon as I can.
Andrew, thank you, thank you, thank you.
The only sad part was saying goodbye to all my friends...we all hated to say goodbye.

Jeff and Bec, you rock.Can we just call those things "Cappies"????
Carol

Granny
Stereo LP

Postby *Laura » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:51 pm

Show of a lifetime!

Nuff said. :D
Image Available @ LuluBooks.com
*Laura
Stereo LP

Postby Don Wishon » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:02 pm

Eric Martin made himself available to the fans throughout the day in the lobby. I also seen Jim Peterik, JSS, Josh Ramos, and Kevin Chalfant spending some time signing autographs and taking pictures. I was really looking forward to having the opportunity to meet other members of Scrap Metal and the Special Guests, but I guess you needed some form of backstage pass.

BeachGirl, how did you meet the Nelsons, Mark Slaughter and Kelly Keagy? Security were making people leave the Morris Performing Arts Center right at midnight as there were a number of us waiting and hoping more of the artists would come out to the lobby.

Not a complaint though, as Eric was super cool with everyone, I finally met Josh and he graciously signed several CD sleeves for me, and chatted a little with Jim and Kevin, as I had previously met them almost six years ago in Chicago.
Don Wishon
Ol' 78

Postby Mark H » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:24 pm

Ivy

Thanks for the Tix - Just got back to Manchester and still buzzin.......I agree, the gig of a lifetime.
' hey honey you look hot tonite.... can you feel the itch from a man in tights'
Wig Wam - Rock my ride

http://www.myspace.com/securitymark
Mark H
Ol' 78

Postby BeachGirl » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:07 am

Don Wishon wrote:Eric Martin made himself available to the fans throughout the day in the lobby. I also seen Jim Peterik, JSS, Josh Ramos, and Kevin Chalfant spending some time signing autographs and taking pictures. I was really looking forward to having the opportunity to meet other members of Scrap Metal and the Special Guests, but I guess you needed some form of backstage pass.

BeachGirl, how did you meet the Nelsons, Mark Slaughter and Kelly Keagy? Security were making people leave the Morris Performing Arts Center right at midnight as there were a number of us waiting and hoping more of the artists would come out to the lobby.

Not a complaint though, as Eric was super cool with everyone, I finally met Josh and he graciously signed several CD sleeves for me, and chatted a little with Jim and Kevin, as I had previously met them almost six years ago in Chicago.

During the day, Nelson and Eric Martin and JSS and others were around... I just waited my turn. I did meet Mark Slaughter after the show in the lobby at the table. Just luck I guess, but based on my devotion to Mark Slaughter over the years, was probably meant to be! The best part was the actual performance which I will never forget.
BeachGirl
Fresh Air

Postby BeachGirl » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:10 am

larryfromnextdoor wrote:beachgirl ,, i read all your posts and wished i could have gotten that ticket from you up front!!
but i couldnt go .. glad you had a good time.. step into other forums sometime.... keep rockin..

Larry, that's sweet of you! Like I said wasn't meant to be in terms of reselling the pair, I was glad to contribute my extra funds to Andrew and the show. It was incredible.
BeachGirl
Fresh Air

Return to MelodicRockFest