South Bend...The Good...The Bad...The Ugly...

All past and current talk for MelodicRockFest 1, 2 and 3?

Moderator: Andrew

South Bend...The Good...The Bad...The Ugly...

Postby RossValoryRocks » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 am

I will flesh out these thoughts and stories later with pictures and more detail...these are the bullet points (in no particular order):

The Good

The Annex Crew. Nuff Said!

JSS, the man, the myth, the legendary uhhh...Bartender?

Sam Grow. PERIOD. END OF STORY. 100% genuine talent. And good at giving a person a kick in the ass!

Kevin Chalfant. For only 20 dollars a day!

Caipiroska (Thanks Jeff for spelling it out in your Blog)

Dan...Dan...Dan...DAVE is the one who is supposed to sleep on the hard concrete...

Beshad not giving into his heritage and strapping explosives to himself prior to the show! ;)

Kim not liking feet and being able to move her from the seat I wanted because of it.

Granny giving out sound advice (As of the writing of this post not one person from MR was arrested!)

Donna REMEMBERING.

Plan B...The FIRST one.

Talking politics for a bit with Matthew Nelson. :twisted:

Kelly Keagy getting the joke. :D

Eric Martin NOT getting the joke. :lol:

The AR Karaoke Hour.

Lora and Cyndy for helping me see the light and hopefully passing on the message.

Dave and Joe...again...Nuff Said!

Quality alone time with my beautiful Wife. (Sorry no details will be given here!)

Hepatitis...A through Z.

Dave and Howie...musicians extraordinaire...and even better people.

Mrs. JSS for the Starburst!

My sisters Lori and Deb...it wouldn't have been right not to see you!

Josh Ramos...are those flowers for me?

AR for providing much of the entertainment that wasn't musically related...No sorry...no matter what you say that was NOT good singing Ed.

"No Stu...higher...like this (Someone sings a verse from a Dio song)"....Stu: "Oh yeah...:::SQUEEK:::"

"You said there was going to be A LOT of Vodka Kim!"

"Did you just make that with...RUM?"

Andrew McNiece...should be pronounced Mc-NICE. Super person and Wombat with NO PEER!

"If you like Arnel Pineda...and getting caught in the rain..."

Arnel as a toupee'.

"No...don't say that...that's not nice...Oh hell do what you want!"

Mr. Turner...the 80's have called...they want their hair back.

Plan B...the second one, after the show.

And many more that I would take pages and pages of MR to post about!

All the laughs...all the music...all the friends...

The Bad

Getting 1/2 way to South Bend from Pittsburgh (190 miles and 3 hours of driving) and realizing the tickets to the show were on the counter at home!

The weekend ending...and realizing I have to WORK tomorrow!

Carlitto not being with us this weekend. We missed you brother! Come home safe.

The Ugly

Nothing, it was one of the BEST weekends of my life!
Last edited by RossValoryRocks on Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby belar » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:45 am

Very nicely done, Stu. I can vouch for most of your bullet points. It was great meeting you and your wife.

What a GREAT show.

STAND UP AND SHOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUT!
belar
Cassette Tape

Postby RossValoryRocks » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:46 am

belar wrote:Very nicely done, Stu. I can vouch for most of your bullet points. It was great meeting you and your wife.

What a GREAT show.

STAND UP AND SHOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUT!

I forgot that one! LOL

It was great meeting you too brother! We will do it again sometime soon!
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby dcvader » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:48 am

Unreal weekend. Stu, You covered it all. BTW, the 2nd Plan "B" was fucking priceless.
dcvader
Cassette Tape

Postby RossValoryRocks » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:53 am

dcvader wrote:Unreal weekend. Stu, You covered it all. BTW, the 2nd Plan "B" was fucking priceless.

Sometimes the timing ends up being perfect...in that case it was...I thought some people were going to pass out from laughing!
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby donnaplease » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:01 pm

Stu, you're awesome!!! What a recap! I've got lots of pics to share once they're all downloaded.

I'm so glad I got to see everyone again, and meet some for the first time. It was an incredible weekend!!!! Love you guys!!! :wink:
donnaplease
Stereo LP

Postby AR » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:06 pm

Stu has it pretty much covered. I would like to add that it was great to finally meet Andrew in person.

The weekend itself was just laugh after laugh finalized with a great night of music.

I don't want to single out anyone since I don't want to leave any names out. However it was great seeing everyone as always. The "South Bender" on Friday was off the charts, as were the post show festivities at the theater and at the Residence Inn.

Hopefully tonight I'll go to bed earlier than the two 4am crash outs from the last 2 nights. :P
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby AR » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:08 pm

RossValoryRocks wrote:
dcvader wrote:Unreal weekend. Stu, You covered it all. BTW, the 2nd Plan "B" was fucking priceless.

Sometimes the timing ends up being perfect...in that case it was...I thought some people were going to pass out from laughing!

You weren't exactly Steve Perry yourself my friend. :)

Acapella karoake is always a disaster, but it is funny as hell. And I know who has the footage. Annex only please.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby donnaplease » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:13 pm

AR wrote:
RossValoryRocks wrote:

You weren't exactly Steve Perry yourself my friend. :)

Acapella karoake is always a disaster, but it is funny as hell. And I know who has the footage. Annex only please.

This is AR: :?
This is DP: :twisted:

This is all in attendance:

donnaplease
Stereo LP

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:19 pm

It's after midnight and I'm just now home and getting settled; thank God I have off work tomorrow for Columbus Day (nothing beats federal holidays!!) :lol: I just want to repeat how awesome this show was! To Andrew - I know you were dealing with an unbelievable amount of stress but it was completely transparent to all of us, it was a fantastic show and it was a pleasure meeting you!

Highlights for me were hearing Mark Slaughter, he can still hit those crazy ass notes, unbelievable.... Joe Lynn Turner singing Rainbow's classics (Stone Coooooooooold) and any and all tunes Jack Blades participated in, I almost pissed my pants with excitement (Donna can attest to that!). I have to apologize to Beshad who was on my left if I was dancing just a little too hard and also to Granny sitting behind me :D :oops: I was just so freakin' pumped I couldn't keep still, it's humanly impossible to keep still when you're watching a group of musicians such as these performing on one stage.

It's gonna take a few days to decompress from this high :shock:

Great meeting all of those I hadn't up until this weekend (Liam, Deb/Strungout, Moonie, Jen, Ms. M, Emily)!!

P.S. Liam - am I still hot?? 8)

Postby Rawbean » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:22 pm

Uh, I'm the "Guest"??? Not sure why that happened but that was me, Rawbean, who posted the previous message :lol:

Beanie
Rawbean
Ol' 78

Postby AR » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:29 pm

Rawbean wrote:Uh, I'm the "Guest"??? Not sure why that happened but that was me, Rawbean, who posted the previous message :lol:

Beanie

I recognize the painting in that avatar. LOL

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Rawbean » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:36 pm

Yes, Ed...that's a shot of the lovely desert scenery in your living room decor :lol: Can't believe it'll be almost one year since that was taken....
Rawbean
Ol' 78

Postby Deb » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:37 pm

Anonymous wrote:It's after midnight and I'm just now home and getting settled; thank God I have off work tomorrow for Columbus Day (nothing beats federal holidays!!) :lol: I just want to repeat how awesome this show was! To Andrew - I know you were dealing with an unbelievable amount of stress but it was completely transparent to all of us, it was a fantastic show and it was a pleasure meeting you!

Highlights for me were hearing Mark Slaughter, he can still hit those crazy ass notes, unbelievable.... Joe Lynn Turner singing Rainbow's classics (Stone Coooooooooold) and any and all tunes Jack Blades participated in, I almost pissed my pants with excitement (Donna can attest to that!). I have to apologize to Beshad who was on my left if I was dancing just a little too hard and also to Granny sitting behind me :D :oops: I was just so freakin' pumped I couldn't keep still, it's humanly impossible to keep still when you're watching a group of musicians such as these performing on one stage.
It's gonna take a few days to decompress from this high :shock:

Great meeting all of those I hadn't up until this weekend (Liam, Deb/Strungout, Moonie, Jen, Ms. M, Emily)!!

P.S. Liam - am I still hot?? 8)

Don't you dare apologize Robyn, that's the only way to full-out enjoy a show like that! Right there with ya! Great meeting ya too. :D
Image Now Playing: If That's What It Takes (Live) ~ http://youtu.be/8g2TrEdi5ZQ
Deb
Super Audio CD

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:59 pm

Okay, I'm not sorry :lol: You talked me into it Deb... I'll be feeling the effects of my rump shakin' tomorrow (2nd day's always worse in the quad muscles) :D

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:00 pm

Alright, this Guest stuff's irritating me :lol:

Beanie

Postby Indyjoe » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:Alright, this Guest stuff's irritating me :lol:

Beanie

:lol: Deb was posting as a "guest" too! What's up with that?! :lol: Weird! Glad you had a great time and got home safe - thanks for sharing!!

~Wendy
Indyjoe
Cassette Tape

Postby Blondie » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:50 pm

LOL! Great job Stu! I had a fantastic time! I'm not quite sure how long it will take me to recover from the lack of sleep, but
it was well worth it.
"I still cling to hope, and I believe in love and that's faith enough for me"-RUSH

"Life's too short to be a dumbass" - Me

www.myspace.com/blondiesc
Blondie
Cassette Tape

Postby RossValoryRocks » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:58 pm

Blondie wrote:LOL! Great job Stu! I had a fantastic time! I'm not quite sure how long it will take me to recover from the lack of sleep, but
it was well worth it.

We can sleep when we are dead!
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Thanks Stu!!!

Postby wilvisdillon » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:04 pm

:D I just wanted to thank you, Emily, and Liam for including me in so many of the Residence Inn festivities. The JSS bartender moment was a huge bit of fun.

I want to give a shout out to Lori and Deb too. They were great helping a new guy learn learn the ropes. I really look forward to seeing those two nuts again.

Lisa, Tina and the moms, thanks for the ticket upgrade!!!!!!!

All in all, my solo birthday vacation never had me alone very often. There were so many cool people, so many great musicains and one truly unbelievable Jeff Scott Soto.

GREAT FRICKIN' WEEKEND :!:
wilvisdillon

Postby Blondie » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:12 pm

RossValoryRocks wrote:
Blondie wrote:LOL! Great job Stu! I had a fantastic time! I'm not quite sure how long it will take me to recover from the lack of sleep, but
it was well worth it.

LOL! I forgot about that! I feel one day closer... :lol:
"I still cling to hope, and I believe in love and that's faith enough for me"-RUSH

"Life's too short to be a dumbass" - Me

www.myspace.com/blondiesc
Blondie
Cassette Tape

Re: Thanks Stu!!!

Postby RossValoryRocks » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:20 pm

wilvisdillon wrote::D I just wanted to thank you, Emily, and Liam for including me in so many of the Residence Inn festivities. The JSS bartender moment was a huge bit of fun.

I want to give a shout out to Lori and Deb too. They were great helping a new guy learn learn the ropes. I really look forward to seeing those two nuts again.

Lisa, Tina and the moms, thanks for the ticket upgrade!!!!!!!

All in all, my solo birthday vacation never had me alone very often. There were so many cool people, so many great musicains and one truly unbelievable Jeff Scott Soto.

GREAT FRICKIN' WEEKEND :!:

Will thanks for all that great legal advice: "Don't get arrested!" HAHAHA!

Glad you had a good time brother! We will see you soon!
~Stu
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby RossValoryRocks » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm

Blondie wrote:
RossValoryRocks wrote:
it was well worth it.

LOL! I forgot about that! I feel one day closer... :lol:

Well...going with the Theme of the weekend...and referencing one of the artists: UP ALL NIGHT...SLEEP ALL DAY!

Except we forgot the second part!

LOL
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:00 am

Damn, just reading these posts makes me feel that I was right there with you all! Keep the stories coming! :D

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:02 am

Damn it! Now I am showing up as a guest! :? The previous post was from me, clasicrockldy......... :D

Postby RossValoryRocks » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:03 am

Anonymous wrote:Damn it! Now I am showing up as a guest! :? The previous post was from me, clasicrockldy......... :D

Well don't be a guest anymore! LOL
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby SacredEyes » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:08 pm

RossValoryRocks wrote:

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA . . . .. . . NOT! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Sounds like the wicked ones are the true angels in disguise . . just a thought? So high school! Been there, done that, over you!
SacredEyes
45 RPM

Postby dcvader » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:09 am

SacredEyes wrote:
RossValoryRocks wrote:

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA . . . .. . . NOT! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Sounds like the wicked ones are the true angels in disguise . . just a thought? So high school! Been there, done that, over you!

Just for everyones FUCKING information. The "Plan B" line is from the god damn JSS part of the show (Howie said it on stage just before they cut to Sep. Ways) and to shut Ed up from singing anymore at the post party Stu yelled "Plan B". Funny as hell and pretty fucking obvious to anyone who attended the show.

If you or anyone else think there was more to that line you need to get your head checked.
dcvader
Cassette Tape

Postby donnaplease » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:51 am

dcvader wrote:
SacredEyes wrote:
RossValoryRocks wrote:

Just for everyones FUCKING information. The "Plan B" line is from the god damn JSS part of the show (Howie said it on stage just before they cut to Sep. Ways) and to shut Ed up from singing anymore at the post party Stu yelled "Plan B". Funny as hell and pretty fucking obvious to anyone who attended the show.
If you or anyone else think there was more to that line you need to get your head checked.

Damn! I missed it! I didn't know that there was a second "plan B" in existence. And why in the world would anyone want to shut Ed up from singing???? He has such a magical voice... and those moves! :shock: Our after-after-show party was a hoot!!! 8)

Look out JSS, Ed's closing in on ya!!!! The hell with Arnel, maybe ED can be Journey's next frontman!!!! :twisted:
donnaplease
Stereo LP

Postby dcvader » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:59 am

Ed eats dogs!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!
dcvader
Cassette Tape

Next

Return to MelodicRockFest