JSS @ Melodicrock.com Fest

All past and current talk for MelodicRockFest 1, 2 and 3?

Moderator: Andrew

JSS @ Melodicrock.com Fest

Postby mrsromek » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:00 pm

OK...other than knowing about JSS, owning and listening to some of his music, I was not sure what to expect. I started off the day by buying a copy of the Soul SirkUS CD/DVD (finally able to throw the burned copy out). JSS came to the merch stand and signed stuff and took pictures. He was a super cool guy. You could tell he was really appreciative of his fans, which is always nice to see. The performance rocked! Talk about a showman that looks like he is having fun. I knew many of the songs, and the ones I did not still sounded great. He played some great medleys as well. I am glad he was part of this Fest, and I will most definitely see him again when he is back in the Midwest.
mrsromek
45 RPM

Postby dcvader » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:46 pm

Jeff kicked the crowd into high gear. By far the best set of the entire fest. The entire JSSB was into it and they rocked South Bend.

You want a energy filled show go see JSS.
dcvader
Cassette Tape

Postby Rick » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:49 pm

dcvader wrote:Jeff kicked the crowd into high gear. By far the best set of the entire fest. The entire JSSB was into it and they rocked South Bend.

I agree, Howie shreds on the guitar. I was totally impressed when they were in TX. Great performers.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby Indyjoe » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:59 pm

Rick wrote:
dcvader wrote:Jeff kicked the crowd into high gear. By far the best set of the entire fest. The entire JSSB was into it and they rocked South Bend.

I agree, Howie shreds on the guitar. I was totally impressed when they were in TX. Great performers.

I totally agree as well!! Wish I could have seen the South Bend show! Got to see them at the 2 Southern California shows. What a treat to see them in these smaller venues. They give their all every second of each show and then off stage as well. Such nice guys on top of all that talent. 8)

~Wendy
Indyjoe
8 Track

Postby AR » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:54 pm

This show really made me even more pissed at Journey. Fucking idiots!

Jeff really had the crowd from start to finish. The disco/funk medley kicked at the end.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

JSS LIVE

Postby crazy mar tay » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:08 pm

I was at MR.COM FEST yesterday. I was also backstage quite a bit and i must say first off ANDREW ROCKS! This guy deserves a boatload of thanks, beers, hugs and shit IMO just my 2 cents here boys n girls....EVERY artist on that bill owes him big-time for giving them a shot to sing in front of all those many mr rock fans not to mention many of those same people bought swag from these artists on the bill ...We fans and all artists allike owe Andy for this one!! you rock bro!

Jeff and his band put on a show like that has been described before. My buddy isn't a real big fan of his but he even says " he's not bad" and was midly impressed. Hey, different strokes for different folks but even a non-fan was entertained.

Personally, I think it was a very good set...Jeff works the crowd well..played keys on a couple of cuts and vocally he is really on man! This is not some studio magic singer who can't really pull it off. The band can sing n play well Gary and Simon are spot on and the drummer is also a monster...great band and Jeff def. thrilled me as he and Scrap Metal were a reason for going (and seeing Ramos with KC's band )

Good stuff and I'm def. gonna see them again. I like his Journey interpretations though not classically sounding like Perry or Augeri I am a fan of JSS doing some of these tunes...

One a side note: I need to get some Talisman albums as I do not own any and know little about them. What I know and heard though I luv...

DId I mention Jeff is one BIG mother fucker??? :lol: One of the biggest rockstars and latin guys I've ever seen! For a big dude he really moves around the stage well and knows how to be a rock n roll singer go see JSS band! I was hoping for another Soul Sirkus song or 2 as oppposed to ALL of those covers but they were fun just wish he'd cut out a couple n done another s.s. tune.

GO SEE JSS BAND NOW!

c.m.
crazy mar tay
Radio Waves

Re: JSS LIVE

Postby Rick » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:26 pm

crazy mar tay wrote:I was at MR.COM FEST yesterday. I was also backstage quite a bit and i must say first off ANDREW ROCKS! This guy deserves a boatload of thanks, beers, hugs and shit IMO just my 2 cents here boys n girls....EVERY artist on that bill owes him big-time for giving them a shot to sing in front of all those many mr rock fans not to mention many of those same people bought swag from these artists on the bill ...We fans and all artists allike owe Andy for this one!! you rock bro!

Jeff and his band put on a show like that has been described before. My buddy isn't a real big fan of his but he even says " he's not bad" and was midly impressed. Hey, different strokes for different folks but even a non-fan was entertained.

Personally, I think it was a very good set...Jeff works the crowd well..played keys on a couple of cuts and vocally he is really on man! This is not some studio magic singer who can't really pull it off. The band can sing n play well Gary and Simon are spot on and the drummer is also a monster...great band and Jeff def. thrilled me as he and Scrap Metal were a reason for going (and seeing Ramos with KC's band )

Good stuff and I'm def. gonna see them again. I like his Journey interpretations though not classically sounding like Perry or Augeri I am a fan of JSS doing some of these tunes...

One a side note: I need to get some Talisman albums as I do not own any and know little about them. What I know and heard though I luv...

DId I mention Jeff is one BIG mother fucker??? :lol: One of the biggest rockstars and latin guys I've ever seen! For a big dude he really moves around the stage well and knows how to be a rock n roll singer go see JSS band! I was hoping for another Soul Sirkus song or 2 as oppposed to ALL of those covers but they were fun just wish he'd cut out a couple n done another s.s. tune.

GO SEE JSS BAND NOW!

c.m.

LMFAO! Size matters dude. Good to hear you enjoyed the show.

I can't stop laughing at this post. Your enthusiasm is fantastic.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby Blondie » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:09 pm

My only disappointment was that he didn't play longer. :D This was my first chance to see them perform
and I wanted MORE!!!
"I still cling to hope, and I believe in love and that's faith enough for me"-RUSH

"Life's too short to be a dumbass" - Me

www.myspace.com/blondiesc
Blondie
8 Track

Postby Moon Beam » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:00 am

Sir Soto was even better than I knew he would be.
Thanks for playing my fave (Soul Divine) first fella.
That was so cool to hear it right away!!!
http://moonbeamsmindgrounds.blogspot.com/
Good, Bad Or Ugly, Live It, Love It Or Leave It.
Moon Beam
Digital Audio Tape

Postby SacredEyes » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:43 am

Even with my broke toe, I forgot all about it and was jumping during their medley at the end of their performance. May have endured a stress fracture to the other toe too in the process but that's what the JSS Band does for me. Takes me to another plane of emotion.

Howie, you are an amazing performer and a pervert :lol: but dude, you rock! Next time we meet up you better bring the band aids!

Gary, you are precious in all ways!

Dave, I love to watch you perform. So dynamic on the drums!

There are just no words for the performance! It's a mastercard commercial, really . . . . priceless! My c/c may be on fire but it was well worth every dime spent.
SacredEyes
Ol' 78

Postby SacredEyes » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:44 am

Rick wrote:

Wish you were there, Rick! You were missed by your fellow Texas chicas!
SacredEyes
Ol' 78

Postby Yasuru » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:30 am

Well folks - from everything I've read in here and on the notice board, I'm getting the feeling that everyone enjoyed the show as much as I did.

Jeff, Howie, Gary, and Dave simply did what they do best - put bands of this day and age to shame. I wish some of these current "hot" acts would go to a JSSB show - they might have to burn their instruments and go back to singing in karoke bars...

The entire show was incredible - JSS was, of course, the highlight for me as I've been waiting for years to see him preform HIS music live and they couldn't have impressed me more. And seeing JLT and JSS sharing the stage for a song was just simply amazing - I would have killed to hear them sing a Yngwie song or two together, but a duet on "Street of Dreams"? Who's gonna argue with that? :o)

The only thing I'm kinda bummed about was that I didn't get a chance to catch up to Jeff at the signing that he apparently did. Had I known that it was going on during the Chalfant set, I would have made a trip out to say "hi", but that would have been the only thing that would have taken me away from the KC set once it started. I've always liked The Storm, but I wasn't expecting his voice to be as clear and powerful live as it was. Ended up talking to him after the Scrap Metal set was over - very nice guy.

Also got the chance to briefly meet Howie and Gary - both of them are just as nice as they are talented, which says a lot.

Has anyone heard how the rest of the JSS shows were as far as attendance? I REALLY would like to think that Jeff will be back around again sometime in the next year or two...and if he pulled in some numbers at those shows, I'm thinking a return trip would be HIGHLY likely.

Thanks again Andrew for putting together ONE HELLUVA show! I don't think they could have squeezed any more talent on the stage during the last few songs of Scrap Metal. Talk about a line up of legends..... I hope you had as much fun as the rest of us did!
Peace ~
Greg

Yasuru
Radio Waves

Postby Melissa » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:37 am

Some pics:

Melissa
Compact Disc

Postby AR » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:34 pm

but a duet on "Street of Dreams"? Who's gonna argue with that? )

The duet was on "Since You've Been Gone" actually.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Yasuru » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:30 pm

AR wrote:

Absolutely right - my mistake!

And I wouldn't argue with that song either. ;)

It sucks getting old and forgetful....
Peace ~
Greg

Yasuru
Radio Waves

New JSS fan

Postby Wildfire » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:50 pm

Well, after Sat @ SB, Im totally hooked. JSS was amazing. He's got a new fan in me.
Wildfire
45 RPM

Postby Playitloudforme » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:58 pm

For me...Jeff was the highlight of the whole show. I sat there afterwards really unable to put into words the supreme showmanship I'd just witnessed. I gotta agree with Blondie... I wanted a longer set. But what I got was 111100% percent energy and talent, and I couldn't love it more. I've been Sotoized!
Playitloudforme
Cassette Tape

Postby Blondie » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:00 am

Playitloudforme wrote:For me...Jeff was the highlight of the whole show. I sat there afterwards really unable to put into words the supreme showmanship I'd just witnessed. I gotta agree with Blondie... I wanted a longer set. But what I got was 111100% percent energy and talent, and I couldn't love it more. I've been Sotoized!

The new "official" term! :D
"I still cling to hope, and I believe in love and that's faith enough for me"-RUSH

"Life's too short to be a dumbass" - Me

www.myspace.com/blondiesc
Blondie
8 Track

Postby Playitloudforme » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:12 am

Blondie wrote:
Playitloudforme wrote:For me...Jeff was the highlight of the whole show. I sat there afterwards really unable to put into words the supreme showmanship I'd just witnessed. I gotta agree with Blondie... I wanted a longer set. But what I got was 111100% percent energy and talent, and I couldn't love it more. I've been Sotoized!

The new "official" term! :D

LOL...Yup... I've been Sotoized, and I don't EVER want to stop!
Playitloudforme
Cassette Tape

Postby (Crazy)Dulce Lady » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:19 am

AR wrote:

he did Street of Dreams but with Scrap Metal. wasn't it fabulous?? and Stone Cold? dang...
(Crazy)Dulce Lady
Stereo LP

Return to MelodicRockFest