South Bender Pt 1

All past and current talk for MelodicRockFest 1, 2 and 3?

Moderator: Andrew

Did you have a ROCKIN' time in South Bend??

Yes
9%
No
9%
Couldn't have been better
16%
ANDREW FUCKIN' ROCKS
66%

Total votes : 32

South Bender Pt 1

Postby Liam » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:41 am

SOUTH BENDER, BABY Part 1.

I wake up at 3:30 am on Friday morning after 2 hours of sleep, and get on the road to Houston by 4 with my friend Tami (who drove my Mustang back to College Station in one piece). Got to the airport at about 6:45 for a 7:50 flight out to Chicago, which wasn’t bad timing at ALL considering Houston traffic on 290. Made a couple of calls once I got to Hobby, then I was headed off to Chicago soon there after.
I arrive at Midway at roughly 10 am, and the people were such shitheads….and I wasn’t even wearing the Cowboys jersey at that point. Haha. Anyway… I caught the shuttle to the Red Roof Inn to meet Laura, Kate and Maria (whom I didn’t expect), who were absolutely AWESOME people, and then we got on the road for the 2 hour drive to South Bend. The first CD popped in was Frontiers, by my request, and they actually heard how high I could actually sing. I still don’t know if it was good or not, but I KNOW I can hit high notes. HAHA.

So we stop at a rest stop in….shit…I don’t know WHERE the fuck we were… but we ran into Maria again and chatted again for a second then we were back in the parking lot where Laura started undressing me (which was rather nice…LOL) and gave me my “The Master” t-shirt (Thank you BTW). THEN we were back on the road for the 50 mile drive (at that point, I think) to SB. We pop in some harder music for the rest of the drive. Metallica is AWESOME driving music. Even the S&M album. Kate, Laura, and I were having a blast just driving and jammin’, even though I could tell Kate was getting REALLY tired. Poor chica subsequently got sick from the drive.

We get to the Residence Inn in SB, and lemme tell ya….there was NOBODY to be found at that point. You people need to come outside to smoke or SOMETHING. LOL. We all get to our rooms and, for some reason, I brought one of Kate’s bags with me?!?! Don’t ask…I couldn’t tell ya why. Lol. But I took that back to her room and on the way back, Rhiannon and Kim drove up. I showed them my “Master” shirt, and Kim smacked me for not being on there. I told her “I didn’t make it….I’m sorry”. I guess it was the ORIGINAL Booze thread posters thing or something!? I dunno…either way…still funny.

After that, I was bored and I needed to catch up on sports, so I turn on ESPN and fall asleep for about 30 minutes. HAHA. Good thing there wasn’t a Football game on at that point. SHIT. After that, I hit the streets of SB to check out where the hell we were headed the next day, and that town really has NOTHING. A cool Irish bar called Corby’s, where I had about 3 beers, but that’s about it. Oh well….

Waiting on Jen, Michelle, Tony and Steve now…

About 7 PM hit and everyone gathered outside of Ed, Joe, and Dave’s hotel room.. it was like a meet and greet for those who hadn’t met before. Even THAT was a great time…if that tells you ANYTHING. This crowd ROCKS. We went to this Italian restaurant which, Ed mentioned, had a rather high price tag on it and Will, Ed, nor I were very hungry, so we went down to Corby’s to have a couple of beers. Can you fuckin’ believe that Stella was $5.50 for a fuckin’ bottle??????? I stuck with Coors Light needless to say.

STILL waiting on Jen, Michelle, Tony, and Steve

After all that, Stu called to find out where we were and brought us over to the Bistro where we had $1 beers. MUCH better than the $2.50 Coors we were drinking. Then everyone else showed up. THAT’S when it became a party. Ed and I decided to leave it as a draw for the infamous drinking contest. (Jen, Michelle, Tony, and Steve FINALLY show up. LOL) At that point….AWESOME IDEA. LOL. We drank and drank…THEN we walked back to Dan’s hotel room and drank and drank some more. Haha. THIS is where I became the Bartender. I’m not sure that was a wise idea considering how smashed I already was…but it seemed to pan out ok as far as I know anyway. I’m still sorry Donna for not serving you first. ;-)
The karaoke began…although it didn’t last long.. it was fun as hell. So at about 3:30am, we all just kinda slept where we fell. Haha. GREAT night. GREAT people. GREAT time. Saturday’s story is on the horizon. J
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:46 am

Do you remember the Yankee pop? Ugh, disgusting!!! :P
Rhiannon
MP3

Postby Liam » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:49 am

Blue Radio Girl wrote:Do you remember the Yankee pop? Ugh, disgusting!!! :P

Fuck that shit. There's actually SYRUP in the Coke here. :lol:
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby MCC620 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:51 am

I was just as surprised to meet you at The Red Roof In Liam. :shock: But a definite pleasure! Watching those guys get all that luggage into that Mustang was rather entertaining. Then seeing you fold yourself into the back seat was a chuckle too. :lol:

Go Cowboys! :wink:
~Maria~
Haters Gonna Hate
MCC620
8 Track

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:53 am

Liam wrote:

Damn right! I'm so glad to be back in the South... :D
Rhiannon
MP3

Postby Deb » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:06 am

Liam wrote:

LMAO, I found out something too this weekend. Long Island Ice Teas aren't the same in the US as they are in Canada. Pretty much straight booze in the US. Daaaaaaaamn! :shock: Made Friday night at the Bistro/Residence quite entertaining. :lol:
Image Now Playing: If That's What It Takes (Live) ~ http://youtu.be/8g2TrEdi5ZQ
Deb
MP3

Postby StevePerryHair » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:10 am

Deb wrote:
Liam wrote:

LMAO, I found out something too this weekend. Long Island Ice Teas aren't the same in the US as they are in Canada. Pretty much straight booze in the US. Daaaaaaaamn! :shock: Made Friday night at the Bistro/Residence quite entertaining. :lol:

That is soooo funny Deb! I remember when you were drinking it and saying how strong it was and me telling you that it is pure alcohol mixed to taste like iced tea. I never knew Canada had a different version! I wondered why you were so surprised by it.
StevePerryHair
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ieie » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:22 am

Liam wrote:

Yankee pop - lmao
ieie

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:24 am

JSSextras wrote:
Liam wrote:

Yankee pop - lmao

Ugh... it'll make you want to DIE! I don't see how ya'll can drink that shit!! Nasty. :lol:
Rhiannon
MP3

Postby Liam » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:34 am

MCC620 wrote:I was just as surprised to meet you at The Red Roof In Liam. :shock: But a definite pleasure! Watching those guys get all that luggage into that Mustang was rather entertaining. Then seeing you fold yourself into the back seat was a chuckle too. :lol:

DAMN SKIPPY GO COWBOYS. :lol:

It actually was quite comfortable in the 'Stang...even in the back seat. The new ones have MUCH more leg room. ESPECIALLY when you have a 5'3'' woman right in front of you. :lol:
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby *Laura » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:27 am

Liam wrote:
MCC620 wrote:I was just as surprised to meet you at The Red Roof In Liam. :shock: But a definite pleasure! Watching those guys get all that luggage into that Mustang was rather entertaining. Then seeing you fold yourself into the back seat was a chuckle too. :lol:

It actually was quite comfortable in the 'Stang...even in the back seat. The new ones have MUCH more leg room. ESPECIALLY when you have a 5'3'' woman right in front of you. :lol:

That's 5'7" darlin'. :lol: And you can thank me for all the room I gave you.

There's a pic of us in that Mustang right before take off and I'm still in awe knowing that all of us PLUS 4 pieces of luggage and 2 laptops actually went into that car.Damn.Nice. :lol:

Working on uploading the pics soon .
Image Available @ LuluBooks.com
*Laura
Stereo LP

Postby Playitloudforme » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:28 am

Liam wrote:

Oh you measured her, did you? LOL!
Playitloudforme
Cassette Tape

Re: South Bender Pt 1

Postby *Laura » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:31 am

Liam wrote:The first CD popped in was Frontiers, by my request, and they actually heard how high I could actually sing. I still don’t know if it was good or not, but I KNOW I can hit high notes. HAHA.

That was you LIVE?I thought it was a tape. :lol: Liamgate.
*Laura
Stereo LP

Postby *Laura » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:33 am

Playitloudforme wrote:Oh you measured her, did you? LOL!

:lol: For some reason your avatar and your post above are a perfect match. :twisted: :lol:
*Laura
Stereo LP

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:45 am

*Laura wrote:That's 5'7" darlin'.

Yeah... with your boots on and your hair done!! :wink: :lol:
Rhiannon
MP3

Postby *Laura » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:47 am

Blue Radio Girl wrote:
*Laura wrote:That's 5'7" darlin'.

Yeah... with your boots on and your hair done!! :wink: :lol:

5'9" then. :lol:
*Laura
Stereo LP

Postby Blondie » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:18 am

Don't forget the South Bend Mattress! The best nothin' but alcohol, tastes like nothin' but juice drink. :shock:
"I still cling to hope, and I believe in love and that's faith enough for me"-RUSH

"Life's too short to be a dumbass" - Me

www.myspace.com/blondiesc
Blondie
8 Track

Postby Ms_M » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:22 am

Blondie wrote:Don't forget the South Bend Mattress! The best nothin' but alcohol, tastes like nothin' but juice drink. :shock:

Oh yea. That thing friggin' rocked! I am not entirely sure I'm not still hungover. LOL! ;)

P.S. Kate - thanks for using our pic as your sig. We were some fab lookin' chicas, huh?
Ms_M
Stereo LP

Postby RossValoryRocks » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:26 am

Blondie wrote:Don't forget the South Bend Mattress! The best nothin' but alcohol, tastes like nothin' but juice drink. :shock:

I don't remember anything after the second one...but the first was cool.
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby Liam » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:20 am

*Laura wrote:
Liam wrote:The first CD popped in was Frontiers, by my request, and they actually heard how high I could actually sing. I still don’t know if it was good or not, but I KNOW I can hit high notes. HAHA.

That was you LIVE?I thought it was a tape. :lol: Liamgate.

Thank god the tape didn't cut out during Faithfully again. :lol:
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby Playitloudforme » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:38 am

Ms_M wrote:

Oh yea. That thing friggin' rocked! I am not entirely sure I'm not still hungover. LOL! ;)

P.S. Kate - thanks for using our pic as your sig. We were some fab lookin' chicas, huh?

Dead sexy chicas!!!! I miss you already!!!!!!!
Playitloudforme
Cassette Tape

Postby wilvisdillon » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:12 am

The dollar beers on Friday night were damn good for the price (But I wouldn't have paid $2).

I want to thank Laim again for being the first person to say "hi" to me at the Residence Inn and invite me along Friday night (which led to meeting a whole lotta people for Saturday night's fun). You rock dude!!!!!
wilvisdillon
Fresh Air

Postby Liam » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:38 am

wilvisdillon wrote:The dollar beers on Friday night were damn good for the price (But I wouldn't have paid $2).

I want to thank Liam again for being the first person to say "hi" to me at the Residence Inn and invite me along Friday night (which led to meeting a whole lotta people for Saturday night's fun). You rock dude!!!!!

Not a problem, bro. Glad to have ya aboard. Fuckin' ROCKED, didn't it?? These are some of the best people in the world. :-)
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby Moon Beam » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:30 am

Ok so who's the party pooper in the votes here?
http://moonbeamsmindgrounds.blogspot.com/
Good, Bad Or Ugly, Live It, Love It Or Leave It.
Moon Beam
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Ms_M » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:43 am

Playitloudforme wrote:
Ms_M wrote:

Dead sexy chicas!!!! I miss you already!!!!!!!

Miss you, too! *Big hugs*
Ms_M
Stereo LP

Postby Deb » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:21 am

StevePerryHair wrote:
Deb wrote:
Liam wrote:

That is soooo funny Deb! I remember when you were drinking it and saying how strong it was and me telling you that it is pure alcohol mixed to taste like iced tea. I never knew Canada had a different version! I wondered why you were so surprised by it.

LOL, I swear there is at least a splash of cola in the LIIT's here. :lol: :o
Image Now Playing: If That's What It Takes (Live) ~ http://youtu.be/8g2TrEdi5ZQ
Deb
MP3

Postby Playitloudforme » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:45 am

Liam wrote:SOUTH BENDER, BABY Part 1.

So we stop at a rest stop in….shit…I don’t know WHERE the fuck we were… but we ran into Maria again and chatted again for a second then we were back in the parking lot where Laura started undressing me (which was rather nice…LOL) and gave me my “The Master” t-shirt (Thank you BTW).

Photographic evidence time!

Playitloudforme
Cassette Tape

Postby Moon Beam » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:51 am

Love the Liam being undressed photo Kate!
Poor *Laura looks as if she was worn out from the wrestling
in the second shot.....but hey, she did get it on him. :lol:
Thanks Kate!
http://moonbeamsmindgrounds.blogspot.com/
Good, Bad Or Ugly, Live It, Love It Or Leave It.
Moon Beam
Digital Audio Tape

Postby (Crazy)Dulce Lady » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:14 am

wilvisdillon wrote:The dollar beers on Friday night were damn good for the price (But I wouldn't have paid $2).

I want to thank Laim again for being the first person to say "hi" to me at the Residence Inn and invite me along Friday night (which led to meeting a whole lotta people for Saturday night's fun). You rock dude!!!!!

hey you!! good to see you! I'm Debbie. you and I were chatting with Sam about guitars.

my guitar clinic is TOMORROW!! I might actually have the nerve to go and try! it won't be with Chet Atkins but it is a start.

welcome! kick your shoes off and make yourself at home!
(Crazy)Dulce Lady
Stereo LP

Postby *Laura » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:40 am

Playitloudforme wrote:
Liam wrote:SOUTH BENDER, BABY Part 1.

So we stop at a rest stop in….shit…I don’t know WHERE the fuck we were… but we ran into Maria again and chatted again for a second then we were back in the parking lot where Laura started undressing me (which was rather nice…LOL) and gave me my “The Master” t-shirt (Thank you BTW).

Photographic evidence time!

Oh DAMN. :lol: :oops: :twisted:
*Laura
Stereo LP

Next

Return to MelodicRockFest