South Bender part 2 (Finally)

All past and current talk for MelodicRockFest 1, 2 and 3?

Moderator: Andrew

South Bender part 2 (Finally)

Postby Liam » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:05 am

South Bender, Baby Pt 2
Waking up is never fun, ESPECIALLY with a huge hangover. BUT…I did it, and so did everyone else. I go over and meet everyone else, had a beer, went back to the room, then we got everyone together to head to the venue. You’ll have to ask Jen what the fuck time this was. I didn’t really look at the clock the entire weekend after I got to Chicago. Didn’t really want to KNOW how quick the time was flying. I don’t think anyone else did either. We get to the Morris Center (which is a VERY nice venue, GREAT job ‘Drew) and met up with everyone in the lobby. Rhiannon looked STOMPED. Damn kids just can’t take it. HAHAHA. Anyway, we go check out the merchandise stands and check out our seats. AWESOME seats, BTW. The first band came on “MelodicRock All-stars” A.K.A. “Clusterfuck” and I’ve gotta say…they were fucking fantastic. Considering they just met a short time before hand (within a day)…they were VERY tight. After a few rather familiar songs, the very well done set was over so we all head outside to chat, take pics, smoke, drink, whatever, and I run into Eric Martin. Nice dude. I didn’t have my personal photographer (Jen) with me, but I got a pic with him later in the night so it was all gravy.

After a few more pics with a few people like the Nelson brothers, who were very nice guys, Jen, Steve, Ed, Michelle, Tony and I head over to the College Football HOF and then to a VERY expensive Irish pub where we THOUGHT we’d eat. NOPE. Off to Burger King. Haha. After everyone got some food in them, we headed back to the Morris Center right before 7th Heaven came on and lemme tell ya…I wasn’t expecting much from this band but they were GREAT. The 30 songs in 30 minutes was a really cool medley. The next cd on my “to get list” is going to be by them. Really cool guys on stage and off too.

Another break for smoking, pics, autographs, and more importantly, BEER. lol. JSS was out in the lobby at the merchandise table signing autographs and taking pictures with everyone, so I just plowed through the line right up to the table and he said “you’re just gonna form your own line aren’t ya?”. “Dude…just need ya to sign the ticket”. He did…he’s such a cool fuckin’ guy. After that we went out for “fresh air” and I was sick of Bud Light so I went to the end of the street to the corner bar and got a Coors Light. Nice change AND cheaper. BTW..Thanks Ed and Dave for telling me ABOUT the bar. Lol.

I got back to the theater right in time for Kevin Chalfant and I’m glad I did. His whole set was great. I never got to see the Storm live so I was really happy when Josh Ramos came out to join him on stage. It was good to hear You Keep Me Waiting and Show Me The Way live for the first time and so beautifully done. The rest of the set was cool as well. Lot of Journey songs which he did better than Augeri, in my opinion. GREAT JOB, KEVIN.

Man….these smoke/beer breaks every hour were killing me. HAHA. Another beer across the street at the beer tent with Jen, Steve, Ed, Dave, and Joe with A few more pics and meeting a couple more people like Aaron and a guy named Ralph who flew in from Germany I think he said just for the day. That’s one hell of a commute. Fuck. Lol. Either way…whatever part of the world you’re from…it was great to meet you all.

Back to the theater for JEFF SCOTT SOTO. Not only is the guy the classiest dude in rock, but the guy puts on one hell of a show. Granted, I knew this from seeing him with Journey but seeing him with his band…DAAAAAAAAMN. The Journey stint was just the tip of the iceberg. It was really cool to see Joe Lynn Turner join him on stage for a couple of songs. My favorite parts of the show were Color My XYC, I’ll Be Waiting with the segue into “PLAN B”, and the Disco/Pop medley at the end. Phenomenal show, bro. Hope to see ya in Houston when you come through again. Sorry I missed ya here the last time…car trouble.

Another quick beer/smoke break and then it was back in for Scrap Metal. I missed the first verse of Love and Affection, but oh well, I think I made up for it later with all the songs they unleashed. Mad About You, Sing Me Away, After The Rain, Up All Night, just to name a few. Jack Blades came out for High Enough and just kept making appearances throughout the show. Funny guy who does NOT want to be ignored. Jimi Jamison and Jim Peterik got together and played a few songs that EVERYONE knew. It was good to see them on stage together again making the women swoon with The Search Is Over. Lol. I Can’t Hold Back and Eye Of The Tiger were great as well. By the time Don’t Tell Me You Love Me came on, ALL the singers of the previous bands came out which was AWESOME to witness. It was a once in a lifetime thing to see. Same thing with You Can Still Rock in America. ‘Drew, you put on one hell of a show. You fuckin’ rock, dude.

After the show was over, we went downstairs to the Bistro where the bartender should’ve been shot. We had to wait for beer. WHAT THE HELL??? LOL. After we all got settled, a lot of the acts came downstairs to join us who were gracious enough to take pictures, sign autographs, mingle, and chat with the fans. Howie Simon wasn’t too keen on the Dallas Cowboys jersey that I was wearing considering he’s a Bills fan and we played them 2 days later. A Bills fan??? I didn’t know the Bills still HAD fans!?! Haha. While everyone was about to leave, we met the One and ONLY Wombat upstairs and I got him to sign the MRCD that he compiled, got a couple of pictures with him, and congratulated/thanked him on a fuckin’ AWESOME show.

I don't remember much at the hotel room that night 'cause I passed out, but from what Jen tells me, I almost pissed in the fireplace and then the closet while sleepwalking. Sorry I missed being coherent for that. :lol:

The next morning, Laura and Kate take me back to Chicago, which was interesting WRONG WAY KATE. Haha, thanks for the ride, baby. Then it was back home for me. One of the best weekends of my life and I just want to thank each and every one of you who made it happen. MR/ANNEX ROCK. Hope y’all enjoy this long diatribe. Lol.

EDIT: BETTER GERENE??????? :lol:
Last edited by Liam on Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby Behshad » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:41 am

great read bro! It was a weekend we all will remember, for sure. Thanks for sharing your story ....finally! :)
Behshad
MP3

Postby Liam » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:48 am

Behshad wrote:great read bro! It was a weekend we all will remember, for sure. Thanks for sharing your story ....finally! :)

Not a problem, dude. After recent tragic events...I didn't really feel right about posting it a while back. It's been, for the most part, finished since a couple of days after the first part was posted with a few touch-ups needed here and there.
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby Moon Beam » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:07 am

:lol: Yes Sir, much better.......Thank You!
http://moonbeamsmindgrounds.blogspot.com/
Good, Bad Or Ugly, Live It, Love It Or Leave It.
Moon Beam
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Liam » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:12 am

Moon Beam wrote::lol: Yes Sir, much better.......Thank You!

Not a problem. ;-)
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby Behshad » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:24 am

The only thing I hated about that weekend was the fact that there weren't many restaurants to choose from . Its amazing that the dinky little town I work in has more options (at reasonable prices) compared to South Bend.
Did any of you happen to go to that Italian place 2 blocks away from the venue?
When we stopped in there, the waiter asked us if we have ate there before,, and we said no,, so he hands us the menu before he even takes us to our seats. This was of course unusual for all of us. But it didnt take us more than 1 minute to figure out why he did that. Here's what I remember vaguely from their menu:

*Home made Lasagna $$29.80
*Ravioli $44.99
*Spaghetti & Meatballs $38.50
*Order of Breadsticks $19.50
*Soda $8.99
*Water *5.50

So , needless to say, we gave his menus back to him and left out (while laughin)... There wasnt any customers there, on a Saturday evening, when its supposed to be BUSY.
It was also unusual to see half the restaurants CLOSED. strange town, with strange hours of operation. Specially when they knew that they had visitors coming!!!(Maybe that's why they were closed?? :roll: )
Behshad
MP3

Postby Liam » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:29 am

Behshad wrote:The only thing I hated about that weekend was the fact that there weren't many restaurants to choose from . Its amazing that the dinky little town I work in has more options (at reasonable prices) compared to South Bend.
When we stopped in there, the waiter asked us if we have ate there before,, and we said no,, so he hands us the menu before he even takes us to our seats. This was of course unusual for all of us. But it didnt take us more than 1 minute to figure out why he did that. Here's what I remember vaguely from their menu:

*Ravioli $44.99
*Soda $8.99
*Water *5.50

So , needless to say, we gave his menus back to him and left out (while laughin)... There wasnt any customers there, on a Saturday evening, when its supposed to be BUSY.
It was also unusual to see half the restaurants CLOSED. strange town, with strange hours of operation. Specially when they knew that they had visitors coming!!!(Maybe that's why they were closed?? :roll: )

Yea...we went there. That's the one that Ed mentioned had a high price tag so him, Will, and I went to a bar instead. We hadn't even gotten the menus yet. :lol:
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby Melissa » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:49 am

Behshad wrote:The only thing I hated about that weekend was the fact that there weren't many restaurants to choose from . Its amazing that the dinky little town I work in has more options (at reasonable prices) compared to South Bend.

*Ravioli $44.99
*Soda $8.99
*Water *5.50

Wasn't the water $4.50? :lol: :wink:
Melissa
Compact Disc

Postby Behshad » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:13 am

Melissa wrote:

*Ravioli $44.99
*Soda $8.99
*Water *5.50

Nope, $5.50. It was $4.50 at the venue! :wink:
Behshad
MP3

Postby StevePerryHair » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:19 am

Behshad wrote:
Melissa wrote:

*Ravioli $44.99
*Soda $8.99
*Water *5.50

Nope, $5.50. It was $4.50 at the venue! :wink:

Yeah, ridiculous, I wouldn't pay that much for bottled beer :roll: :P
StevePerryHair
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Liam » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Remember this, fuckers??? :lol:
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby Andrew » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Indeed.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby AR » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:12 am

Liam wrote:
Yea...we went there. That's the one that Ed mentioned had a high price tag so him, Will, and I went to a bar instead. We hadn't even gotten the menus yet. :lol:

I remember that like it was yesterday. When our group lined up at the door to go in that place I could just tell it was going to be overpriced without even seeing the menu. I was looking for a sports bar and a plate of wings, not a sit down dinner.

The dive bar we went to was perfect other than not having food.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Liam » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:13 am

AR wrote:
Liam wrote:

I remember that like it was yesterday. When our group lined up at the door to go in that place I could just tell it was going to be overpriced without even seeing the menu. I was looking for a sports bar and a plate of wings, not a sit down dinner.

$1 beers...can't complain about no food, though. :lol:
Liam

Liam
MP3

Re:

Postby donnaplease » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:23 pm

AR wrote:
Liam wrote:

The food was bad but the company was good, so it was worth it! :-)
donnaplease
Stereo LP

Return to MelodicRockFest