YEAH!The new DVD is out!Oh, wait.It's the Japan Tour frm 83?

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

YEAH!The new DVD is out!Oh, wait.It's the Japan Tour frm 83?

Postby Ladelock » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:29 am

Once again, I am stunned at the possible reasoning behind FINALLY releasing a DVD and it's from 1983?!

They finally decide to do a DVD and it doesn't even have any new material on it!

Why on earth didn't they make the double live CD the DVD?

I am a fan from the very beginning, but I think this stinks! I will NOT buy the DVD.

Come on, remaining members of Night Ranger, get in touch with reality, and put out some stuff your fans
really want! :evil:
Ladelock
Radio Waves

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:03 am

There are more casual fans than there are die-hards who keep up with the band's new material. So the first DVD is one that will likely reach the most people...one from their heyday! I know it would be great to get new stuff, but how can you go wrong with Midnight Madness??
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby sniper16 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:44 pm

i just found this on a beta tape, from an mtv concert, forgot it existed, great show, put in on dvd. the band at thier best.
sniper16
8 Track

Postby RockInDetroit » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:49 pm

Personally I would rather have a DVD with the original Night Ranger than one with Reb Beach/Joel Hoefstra and Michael Lardie/Christain Cullen. If this dvd didn't cost $46 I would buy it. A dvd from teh current tour I would probably not buy.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby sniper16 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:18 pm

RockInDetroit wrote:Personally I would rather have a DVD with the original Night Ranger than one with Reb Beach/Joel Hoefstra and Michael Lardie/Christain Cullen. If this dvd didn't cost $46 I would buy it. A dvd from teh current tour I would probably not buy.

if you really want this its available thru other means, there are some traders/sellers where you can get a copy of it. i like this one a little better than the 7 wishes concert. brad and kelly look like thier wearing PJ"S in the 7 wishes one.

do a msn search for night ranger live 83.
sniper16
8 Track

Postby RockInDetroit » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:29 pm

sniper16 wrote:
RockInDetroit wrote:Personally I would rather have a DVD with the original Night Ranger than one with Reb Beach/Joel Hoefstra and Michael Lardie/Christain Cullen. If this dvd didn't cost $46 I would buy it. A dvd from teh current tour I would probably not buy.

if you really want this its available thru other means, there are some traders/sellers where you can get a copy of it. i like this one a little better than the 7 wishes concert. brad and kelly look like thier wearing PJ"S in the 7 wishes one.

do a msn search for night ranger live 83.

Thanks.

I am the opposite though. I loved the 7 Wishes one. It is Night Ranger at their peak. Great stage show. As for the Pj's I thought they were cool at the time. That dvd was Night Ranger. Much better and bigger song selection. The 83 one, I was disappointed that they did not play When You Close Your Eyes, seemed weird that they only had two albums out at the time and they could not fit that one into the setlist. While I did see the band on the Midnight Madness tour in 1984 (first time), I enjoyed the 7 Wishes Tour so much more. I was lucky enough to get third row in front of Jeff. Honestly that show ranks as on of the top three shows I had ever seen. The Jeanie Lamp thing was cool also. For the Midnight Madess Tour they were an opening act for 7 Wishes they were headliners.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby sniper16 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:26 am

if you want to pm me you email, i just copied this to dvd, and the 7 wishes show from beta, its a fake stereo mix but the picture is excellent.i we could work something out for either.
sniper16
8 Track

Postby Real rock fan » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:19 am

Can someone post the track list for the 1983 dvd release, please. :)

I`ll be buying it eventually, much prefer the classic line up to the nowadays tribute band style line up :shock:
Last edited by Real rock fan on Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Real rock fan
Ol' 78

Postby RockInDetroit » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:29 am

Track Listing

Play Rough
Penny
Eddie's Commin' Out Tonight
Call My Name
Passion Play
Touch of Madness
Sister Christian
Sing Me Away