night ranger live 08

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

night ranger live 08

Postby sniper16 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:35 pm

saw nr over the weekend
what a great show, they played a new song (youll hear it from me)
sounded better live than the clips ive heard(dont like the tones,and jacks vocals on the new cd)
but they rocked, played all the hits and a few deep cuts, eddie, man in motion, rumours in the air.
cant wait to see them again in dayton next week.
joel shreds on jeffs parts.
sniper16
8 Track

Re: night ranger live 08

Postby Angiekay » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:37 pm

sniper16 wrote:saw nr over the weekend
sounded better live than the clips ive heard(dont like the tones,and jacks vocals on the new cd)
but they rocked, played all the hits and a few deep cuts, eddie, man in motion, rumours in the air.

Who sang lead on the new song? We've been playing it on our radio station, but it doesn't sounds like either Jack or Kelly....?

Angiekay
Stereo LP

Postby RockInDetroit » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:12 am

You're Going to Hear From Me is mainly song by Jack. Kelly throws in some backing vocals. Most of the songs off the new cd were song by Kelly which was fine with me as jack sang most off the Neverland and Seven cds. I liked the new cd but my enjoyment off it was halted when I heard the Soap Opera surround Jeff Watson.

Are you sure Night Ranger only played one new song? I heard they played 5.

Myself I have had a hard time getting myself to see Night Ranger with Brad, Kelly, Jack and two subs. I might however see them in St Clair Michigan later this summer. There are two somewhat local shows this summer. The other being in Windsor. I decided to see a reunited Honeymoon Suite and April Wine (for the first time) instead. They play the night before at the same venue.
Last edited by RockInDetroit on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:24 am

It's funny how opinions differ. For me, the largest drawback on the new CD is Kelly's vocals. I just do not like the way he sounds on this. I would much prefer more of Jacks vocals.

This is definitely a CD that I can hear will sound better LIVE. It's going to sound more like traditional Night Ranger in concert. Their "modern" sound is fine on the CD, but it can be a little difficult to wrap yourself around...but take those same songs and play them more traditionally and I think you have got a winner!!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby sniper16 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:18 pm

jrnyman28 wrote:It's funny how opinions differ. For me, the largest drawback on the new CD is Kelly's vocals. I just do not like the way he sounds on this. I would much prefer more of Jacks vocals.

This is definitely a CD that I can hear will sound better LIVE. It's going to sound more like traditional Night Ranger in concert. Their "modern" sound is fine on the CD, but it can be a little difficult to wrap yourself around...but take those same songs and play them more traditionally and I think you have got a winner!!

great quote, ive only listened to the pieces from the web, really dont like the production, or the process of the vocals
but your right, live hear it sounded like a true night ranger song, no tuned down guitars, no echoey processed vocals
just a good kick ass type song, maybe thell go back to a classic sound/production on the next one.
the did only play one new song.
sniper16
8 Track

Postby RockInDetroit » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:32 pm

sniper16 wrote:
jrnyman28 wrote:It's funny how opinions differ. For me, the largest drawback on the new CD is Kelly's vocals. I just do not like the way he sounds on this. I would much prefer more of Jacks vocals.

great quote, ive only listened to the pieces from the web, really dont like the production, or the process of the vocals
but your right, live hear it sounded like a true night ranger song, no tuned down guitars, no echoey processed vocals
just a good kick ass type song, maybe thell go back to a classic sound/production on the next one.
the did only play one new song.

It is a good song. Me personally I think this newest cd was better than their last two. Really Neverland nor Seven sounded like classic Night Ranger either. I felt Neverland had three good tracks (NY Time, FAOA, and Neverland). I felt Seven had no standout tracks and was just ok...think they could've spent more time on the melodies. The new cd although more modern was strong from beginning to end with no weak tracks in my opinion.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby sniper16 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:03 am

[
It is a good song. Me personally I think this newest cd was better than their last two. Really Neverland nor Seven sounded like classic Night Ranger either. I felt Neverland had three good tracks (NY Time, FAOA, and Neverland). I felt Seven had no standout tracks and was just ok...think they could've spent more time on the melodies. The new cd although more modern was strong from beginning to end with no weak tracks in my opinion.[/quote]

maybe ill have to pick it up, because after the last 2 i felt the same you did, and didnt like the way they mixed jacks voice
sniper16
8 Track

Postby Rocker Chic » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:41 am

RockInDetroit wrote:You're Going to Hear From Me is mainly song by Jack. Kelly throws in some backing vocals. Most of the songs off the new cd were song by Kelly which was fine with me as jack sang most off the Neverland and Seven cds. I liked the new cd but my enjoyment off it was halted when I heard the Soap Opera surround Jeff Watson.

I adore Kelly, but I'm not digging the new album much. To me, Kelly's "I'm Alive" sounds more like Night Ranger than the new NR does. Haven't seen them in a few years now and I miss it.

BTW, what was the Soap Opera surrounding Jeff? I know that they didn't part in the best of terms, but never learned what the problems were.

Debbie
Rocker Chic
8 Track

Postby sniper16 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:23 pm

dont know myself,
maybe he didnt like the new cd either.
a little tip from for the band, more people will buy if you keep the sound
leave the grunge guitar and vocals to ... oh i guess i forgot all those bands names...
sniper16
8 Track

Re: night ranger live 08

Postby Irwin M Fletcher » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:32 pm

sniper16 wrote:saw nr over the weekend

awesum! im in scotland, never seen NR yet, maybe one day :P
...And the cradle will rock...
Irwin M Fletcher
45 RPM

Postby Rocker Chic » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:22 am

sniper16 wrote:dont know myself,
maybe he didnt like the new cd either.
a little tip from for the band, more people will buy if you keep the sound
leave the grunge guitar and vocals to ... oh i guess i forgot all those bands names...

Funny... My friends and I joked about the two albums and what Kelly's thought process might have been at the time, when choosing which songs were to be used for which project:

"Hmm, mine... Nah, Night Ranger... Oooo, mine!.... Uh, Night Ranger... Definitely, mine..." :lol:

Debbie
Rocker Chic
8 Track

Postby RockInDetroit » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:33 am

I think the song writing is so much better on the Night Ranger cd than the Kelly cd. The songs are more catching. Sure the song is a little different but Kelly's song lack the Night Ranger feel too...for example the guitar sound....has guitar but not Night Ranger Guiter. There are also many weak songs on Kelly's. Do I need to say...I like the new Night Ranger cd better.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby 7 Wishes » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:12 pm

I have every record anyone in the band has ever been associated with.

The new Alliance (Fitz) CD is outstanding.

I just never "got" Hole in the Sun.

Kelly's "I'm Alive" is one of the best songs ever recorded by anyone, anywhere. It is in constant rotation on my iPod. I thought Kelly's record was MUCH better than the Sun. If NR releases another record they need to record a damned NIGHT RANGER record and not post-grunge crap.
But around town, it was well known...when they got home at night
Their fat and psychopathic wives
Would thrash them within inches of their lives!
7 Wishes
Stereo LP

August 31, 2008 Pittsburgh, PA Kickoff Ribfest

Postby lfhlaw » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:21 pm

I just saw them live at the Pittsburgh Ribfest. I saw them one time before in pittsburgh at ribfest, i don't recall but probably 5-6 years ago (all original memberS)
They played about 1hr and 40 minutes and played all the hits as usual. Reb Beach showed up at the end of the night to jam with the band for a bit.

Trying to remember set list, as I couldn't procure one. Not in any particular order, but i'll try to come close.

This Boy needs to Rock
Sing me Away
Rumours in the Air
Eddie's Comin' out Tonight
Coming of Age
The Secret of My Success

[acoustic set]
Goodbye
High Enough
Joel/Brad acoustic playing.

Sentimental Street[piano into electric]
Four in the Morning
You're Gonna Hear it from me
When You Close your Eyes
Don't Tell me you love me(with Reb Beach - 3 guitars!!!! who's playing what? lol )
Highway to Hell(with Reb Beach - seemed like they had the volume down on his guitar for some reason cause i couldn't hear his solo in the song)
Sister Christian
(You can Still) Rock in America

They did play 'You're gonna hear it from me' from the new album which i was happy about. With 3 new albums over the past several years you'd expect them to play something from them!
You're Gonna Hear it from me sounded Great Live and actually a little better, louder.

I was surprised to hear 'The Secret of my Success' cause I don't recall hearing it much live so this was a bonus for me.

The dueling guitar work was great, and Joel fit right in. Impressed me.
The band seemed to have alot of fun for the night, However, they did not come out after the show...though i left after about 25 minutes. The prior visit when i saw them, they did come out and shake hands/talk to people.

There were some people with backstage passes....so perhaps the band had to stay with those people. Reb Beach did come out though and shake hands. He's from pittsburgh so that's why he happened to be there.

I'm hoping if....they make another album and it has to be without JW, that they keep this kid around to play on the next album, but we'll see.
lfhlaw
Radio Waves

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees