President Barack Obama - Term 1 and 2 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Postby Lula » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:56 am

good thing the house repubs voted against allocating the needed funds to rebuild our infrastructure. no one needs electricity to run heaters or anything.
Lula
Stereo LP

Postby RobbieG » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:07 am

Lula wrote:good thing the house repubs voted against allocating the needed funds to rebuild our infrastructure. no one needs electricity to run heaters or anything.

very lame response. typical
RobbieG
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:11 am

RobbieG wrote:
Lula wrote:good thing the house repubs voted against allocating the needed funds to rebuild our infrastructure. no one needs electricity to run heaters or anything.

No, actually it was quite good. The House republicans, all of them for that matter voted a big fat 0 on the 819B stimulus, and in that stimulus was a giant piece to rebuild and build anew, electrical grids in these here United States.

As for Lula's responses being typically "lame," I will say that you are clearly the dumbest sonofabitch on this board. Go read the newest Limbaugh letter and get back to me with your response. Tool
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Rick » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:38 am

Rockindeano wrote:
RobbieG wrote:

No, actually it was quite good. The House republicans, all of them for that matter voted a big fat 0 on the 819B stimulus, and in that stimulus was a giant piece to rebuild and build anew, electrical grids in these here United States.

As for Lula's responses being typically "lame," I will say that you are clearly the dumbest sonofabitch on this board. Go read the newest Limbaugh letter and get back to me with your response. Tool

He needled you in another thread yesterday. He's just trying to piss you off. This asshole is nothing but a troll.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby conversationpc » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:00 am

This is the worst kind reasoning and the typical twisting of the facts that happens when someone votes against a bill. They voted against the bill as a whole, not because it allocated funds to rebuild infrastructure. Heck, I suppose if it had a provision for giving money to the elderly, you'd be saying the Republicans want old folks to die. :roll:
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby conversationpc » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:14 am

Fact Finder wrote: And yes the Pubbies voted in mass to deny this boondoggle of a stimulus package which is nothing more than the Dems wish list that they have been denied for the last 8 years.

That's exactly what it is. They are all hopped up about the economy but they throw in all this other stuff that has nothing to do with an economic stimulus package.
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby conversationpc » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:34 am

Fact Finder wrote:The House Pubbies voted against this as a warning shot to Mr. Emanuel. Rham thought he could roll our guys and Queen Nancy and Prince Harry would have a new $820 billion dollar piggy bank for lib causes. Not gonna fly Rambo. Send a REAL Stimulus bill and then we'll talk.

BTW, Deano, partisianship is all 218 dems voting en mass. Bi-partisianship, which is all we hear is asked for, is 11 Dems voting with all the Pubbies NO!

The Repubs are not my guys.
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Lula » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:15 am

conversationpc wrote:

This is the worst kind reasoning and the typical twisting of the facts that happens when someone votes against a bill. They voted against the bill as a whole, not because it allocated funds to rebuild infrastructure. Heck, I suppose if it had a provision for giving money to the elderly, you'd be saying the Republicans want old folks to die. :roll:

sarcasm dave, come on! let me add, in all seriousness, the republicans in the house made changes and then voted against it. makes no sense. and why the heck are we worse than a third world country when it comes to our electric grid? some areas could be without power til mid february :shock: !!
Lula
Stereo LP

Postby Lula » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:17 am

RobbieG wrote:

fuck off!!
Lula
Stereo LP

Postby AlteredDNA » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:17 am

Fact Finder wrote:I've gotta love this..don't you?

Bumps in the Road: Obama's HHS Secretary Nominee Faces Tax Questions Over Car and Driver

ABC News has learned that the nomination of former Senator Majority Leader Tom Daschle, D-S.D., to be President Obama's Secretary of Health and Human Services has hit a traffic snarl on its way through the Senate Finance Committee.

The controversy deals with a car and driver lent to Daschle by a wealthy Democratic friend, a chauffeur service the former senator used for years without declaring it on his taxes.

After being defeated in his 2004 re-election campaign to the Senate, Daschle in 2005 became a consultant and chairman of the Executive Advisory Board at InterMedia Advisors.

Based in New York City, InterMedia Advisors is a private equity firm founded in part by longtime Daschle friend and Democratic fundraiser Leo Hindery,

That same year he began his professional relationship with InterMedia 2005, Daschle began using the services of Hindery's car and driver.

The Cadillac and driver were never part of Daschle's official compensation package at InterMedia but Mr. Daschle -- who as Senate majority leader enjoyed the use of a car and driver at taxpayer expense -- didn't declare their services on his income taxes, as tax laws require.

During the vetting process to become HHS secretary, Daschle corrected the tax violation, voluntarily paying $101,943 in back taxes plus interest, working with his accountant to amend his tax returns for 2005 through 2007.

Daschle reimbursed the IRS $31,462 in taxes and interest for tax year 2005; $35,546 for 2006; and $34,935, for 2007.

The chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., has called his colleagues for a private meeting at 5 p.m. ET Monday to discuss these complications surrounding Daschle's nomination.

Change,change,change. Yes we can! ...cheat on our taxes.!!!!!!!

Well, if the HHS thing doesn't work out for Daschle, he's sure to be able to get a job at the Treasury... :)
I Love Pineapple!!!
AlteredDNA
Cassette Tape

Postby RobbieG » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:05 pm

Rockindeano wrote:
RobbieG wrote:

Your the only tool on this board. Typical left wing nut. No different than those right wing nuts.
RobbieG
LP

Postby RobbieG » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:07 pm

Lula wrote:
RobbieG wrote:

fuck off!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RobbieG
LP

Postby conversationpc » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:07 pm

Lula wrote:
conversationpc wrote:

sarcasm dave, come on! let me add, in all seriousness, the republicans in the house made changes and then voted against it. makes no sense. and why the heck are we worse than a third world country when it comes to our electric grid? some areas could be without power til mid february :shock: !!

I can see why they might've voted against it even though changes were made...You offer up changes and they may be added to the bill but you still have to consider the overall package.
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:47 pm

Fact Finder wrote:BTW, Deano, partisianship is all 218 dems voting en mass. Bi-partisianship, which is all we hear is asked for, is 11 Dems voting with all the Pubbies NO!

Good enough for me. Please don't lecture me on government as I can throw you under any rug and stomp you dead.

We don't need but 2 senators to pass anything.

Yep, your party is that bad.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Jana » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:07 am

Fact Finder wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/01/31/george.obama.arrest/

George Obama, the half brother of U.S. President Barack Obama, has been arrested by Kenyan police on a charge of possession of marijuana, police said Saturday.

Inspector Augustine Mutembei, the officer in charge, said Obama was arrested on charges of possession of cannabis, known in Kenya as Bhang, and resisting arrest. He is scheduled to appear in court Monday, Mutembei said.

He is being held at Huruma police post in the capital of Nairobi.

In his memoir, "Dreams from My Father," Barack Obama describes meeting George as a "painful affair." Barack Obama's trip to Kenya meant meeting family he had never known.

McKenzie tracked down George Obama in August 2008 and found him at a small house in Huruma, a Nairobi slum, where he lives with his mother's extended family. His birth certificate shows he is Barack Obama's half brother.

The two men share the same Kenyan father. In the memoir, Barack Obama struggles to reconcile with his father after he left him and his mother when he was just a child.

Shades of Roger Clinton and Billy Carter already. Anyone remember when the Bush girls got drunk and the media had a field day? Let's see where the media take this little nugget. What am I thinking, nevermind.

And your point? :roll: :roll: All presidents, Dem or Rep, have relatives that cause embarassment and it gets reported briefly if it's a slow news day. Mostly it's the comics that run with such stuff. There's more pressing problems with the recession and war to worry about than this. Oh, wait, I guess it's another liberal media conspiracy. :roll:
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Gin and Tonic Sky » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:23 am

Fact Finder wrote:

Shades of Roger Clinton and Billy Carter already. Anyone remember when the Bush girls got drunk and the media had a field day? Let's see where the media take this little nugget. What am I thinking, nevermind.

:D Takes you back doesnt , ah those great beers of the 70's
Matt
Gin and Tonic Sky
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:37 am

conversationpc wrote:

One of Reagan's express goals coming into office was to wedge a stake into federal infrastructure spending.
He succeeded.
The Cons of today would prolly have voted against Ike's Interstate Highway System.
Lula is dead on.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby AlteredDNA » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:51 am

Fact Finder wrote:Ok, now this is getting serious....where the hell is FEMA Barack?

KY deploys full Army Nat'l Guard for storm cleanup

The Associated Press

MAYFIELD, Ky. (AP) — Gov. Steve Beshear deployed every last one of his Army National Guardsmen on Saturday, with his state still reeling after a deadly ice storm encrusted it this week.

More than half a million homes and businesses, most of them in Kentucky, remained without electricity from the Ozarks through Appalachia, though temperatures creeping into the 40s helped a swarm of utility workers make headway. Finding fuel — heating oil along with gas for cars and generators — was another struggle for those trying to tough it out at home, with hospitals and other essential services getting priority over members of the public.

The addition of 3,000 soldiers and airmen makes 4,600 Guardsmen pressed into service. It's the largest call-up in Kentucky history, which Beshear called an appropriate response to a storm that cut power to more than 600,000 people, the state's largest outage on record. Many people in rural areas cannot get out of their driveways due to debris and have no phone service, the governor said.

"With the length of this disaster and what we're expecting to be a multi-day process here, we're concerned about the lives and the safety of our people in their own homes," Beshear said, "and we need the manpower in some of the rural areas to go door-to-door and do a door-to-door canvass ... and make sure they're OK."

Staff Sgt. Erick Duncan of Murray said he and his colleagues have been putting in long shifts to open tree-littered roads. Duncan, who manned a chain saw, said he expects the assignment to last quite a while.

"It's a mess and we're just in the city limits," he said. "We're not even out in the county yet. And there's plenty of cities and counties to go to."

Thousands of people were staying in motels and shelters, asked to leave their homes by authorities who said emergency teams in some areas were too strapped to reach everyone in need of food, water and warmth. The outages disabled water systems, and authorities warned it could be days or weeks before power was restored in the most remote spots.

That uncertainty had many appealing for help and officials urging those in dark homes to leave, if they could — many were stuck in place by blocked roads and other obstacles.

I guess Barry is home nice and comfy in his office, hot enough to grow orchids in there, and people are freezing to death in Middle America.

UNREAL!

http://amerpundit.com/2009/01/29/obama- ... ive-steak/
You’ve just gotten the House of Representatives to pass a spending bill that will cost taxpayers $1.2 trillion. You’ve been lecturing companies, executives, and the general public on the need to sacrifice. Unemployment figures are through the roof and more jobs are being cut by the day. The country is in a deep recession with no clear end in sight. What do you do?

Well, if you’re President Obama, you throw a swank cocktail party for your fellow political leaders where you serve expensive steak and vodka martinis. Jake Tapper of ABC News reports:

Hors d’œuvres — chicken curry, wagyu steak — will be served in addition to drinks.

President Obama, it should be noted, is not a particularly big drinker, though he has been known to enjoy a vodka martini time and again.

What exactly is wagyu steak? Why, it’s a $100 per serving porterhouse steak typically sold to “a star-studded roster of clients”.

So far we’ve had expensive cocktail parties and the most expensive inauguration ever from President Obama. Nevermind the White House cranking up the thermostat to a level that, according to David Axelrod, “You could grow orchids in there.” Where is the personal sacrifice from President Obama? Weren’t we told that we couldn’t keep the temperature in our own homes at 72 degrees? And that we couldn’t drive our SUVs?

Huh. Lots of talk from Mr. Obama, yet very little action.
I Love Pineapple!!!
AlteredDNA
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:49 pm

Jana wrote:And your point? :roll: :roll: All presidents, Dem or Rep, have relatives that cause embarassment

Exactly. George HW Bush has a son who is a HUGE embarassment.
Monker
MP3

Postby Jana » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:55 am

Sorry, this isn't about Obama. This was in USA Today. But is this how desperate the GOP has become?

"Joe the Plumber is scheduled to address GOP congressional aides today on the economic stimulus package, Politico reports.

Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher, of Ohio, became a household name during the presidential campaign after a brief sidewalk debate with candidate Barack Obama.

Politico says Wurzelbacher, who also did a brief stint as a war correspondent in Israel recently, will speak to the Conservative Working Group, an organization of Hill staffers who meet regularly to chart GOP strategy for the week."
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Barb » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:13 am

So, do ANY democrats pay their taxes or do they just impose them on the rest of us? So far the Obama administration is a joke. And, no... I'm not surprised. Hope! Change! :lol:
Barb
Cassette Tape

Postby Luvsaugeri » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:16 am

Barb wrote:So, do ANY democrats pay their taxes or do they just impose them on the rest of us? So far the Obama administration is a joke. And, no... I'm not surprised. Hope! Change! :lol:

I was going to say the same thing Barb. Only I would ask.....is there ONE politician that pays taxes?? Or even ONE politician that is honest??

Basically I don't trust a single one of them. Either party.
Luvsaugeri
Cassette Tape

Postby conversationpc » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:34 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
conversationpc wrote:

One of Reagan's express goals coming into office was to wedge a stake into federal infrastructure spending.
He succeeded.
The Cons of today would prolly have voted against Ike's Interstate Highway System.
Lula is dead on.

I don't care what "The Cons of today" would do. This is MY opinion. Anyway, your argument is crap. Conservatives have no problem with spending on infrastructure. Lula is dead off.
Last edited by conversationpc on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby conversationpc » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:36 am

Luvsaugeri wrote:
Barb wrote:So, do ANY democrats pay their taxes or do they just impose them on the rest of us? So far the Obama administration is a joke. And, no... I'm not surprised. Hope! Change! :lol:

I was going to say the same thing Barb. Only I would ask.....is there ONE politician that pays taxes?? Or even ONE politician that is honest??

Basically I don't trust a single one of them. Either party.

Wasn't it Biden who said that it's our "patriotic duty" to pay higher taxes? I believe Deano also mentioned something about paying taxes being patriotic.
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby conversationpc » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:48 am

Fact Finder wrote:Nancy Killefer and Tom Daschle, nice knowing ya! :lol:

Tom Daschle's defeat in 2004 is perhaps my favorite political moment.

I blogged about this yesterday... http://davekellogg.wordpress.com/2009/0 ... -were-two/

I followed up today with the news that he had withdrawn his nomination.
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Gin and Tonic Sky » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:49 am

I keep hearing them say that Geitner, Daschle and Killiefer should be given a pass due to the fact that the tax code is so complicated its easy to make a mistake, and as long as they make up for it is ok. Theres no doubt that it is complicated- I know this from being an american overseas who still has to file with the IRS every year and wade through massively confusing rules about foreign tax excepmptions, AMT , what I do and dont have to pay etc etc. However, I have no doubt if I made a mistake or forgot to count something, they woulnt give me a second chance to go and get it right.
Matt
Gin and Tonic Sky
Cassette Tape

Postby Barb » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:06 am

Gin and Tonic Sky wrote:I keep hearing them say that Geitner, Daschle and Killiefer should be given a pass due to the fact that the tax code is so complicated its easy to make a mistake, and as long as they make up for it is ok. Theres no doubt that it is complicated- I know this from being an american overseas who still has to file with the IRS every year and wade through massively confusing rules about foreign tax excepmptions, AMT , what I do and dont have to pay etc etc. However, I have no doubt if I made a mistake or forgot to count something, they woulnt give me a second chance to go and get it right.

Not only that, but each of these people has the money to hire the best tax accountant in America to prepare their taxes for them. We don't make anywhere near what these people do, but we pay a professional $350 a year to do our damn taxes. We the peons are not allowed to make such mistakes. :roll:
Barb
Cassette Tape

Postby Jana » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:33 am

I'm so glad Tom Daschle is out. He says it was his decision to step down. They always say that, but it's always because they are pressured to do it. Obama should have made this decision earlier.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:08 am

Majorly disappointed in Obama thus far.

I give him a c- at best. Starting to look like, although not quite, W's administration.

He had better get his black ass on the move and but quick.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Onestepper » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:24 am

Fact Finder wrote:Hey Dean, help me out, who in W's admin had these kinds of tax problems except for Bernard Kerik. This is looking like a record of promoting tax cheats, and I'm still galled that the Pubs didn't kill Geithner as TreasSec. Dem or Pub, this is not a comfort to the public who actually pay attention. It pisses alot of people off bigtime, O needs a better vetting machine or something.

Sorry but you can't put Franken on Obama. Or Rangel. The three nominees are fully the responsibility of the administration, because they not only did not vet them properly, but have gone out of their way to 'support' them, even though they claimed things would be different. Those tax issues have been dogging Franken for quite a while and piece of dog crap still got elected..well, sort of.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara