President Barack Obama - Term 1 and 2 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Postby Rockindeano » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:25 am

Can't help you out FF, as the W admin was too secret. You couldn't get anything out of them.

I will say this, well 2 things:

1) Regarding the unpaid taxes by these Nominees. Bullshit. They get away with this shit until called upon, and then it's "oh, fuck, I missed that? let me get my checkbook." Unacceptable. Makes one wonder how long they did get away with that bullshit.

2) Don't get too giddy though Pubs. Your boy Rove is about to get his red ass boiled something fierce. He is guilty and has to face the music.

Now, I have fairly bashed my own, will you do the same?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:26 am

Gin and Tonic Sky wrote:I keep hearing them say that Geitner, Daschle and Killiefer should be given a pass due to the fact that the tax code is so complicated its easy to make a mistake, and as long as they make up for it is ok. Theres no doubt that it is complicated- I know this from being an american overseas who still has to file with the IRS every year and wade through massively confusing rules about foreign tax excepmptions, AMT , what I do and dont have to pay etc etc. However, I have no doubt if I made a mistake or forgot to count something, they woulnt give me a second chance to go and get it right.

You better believe you wouldn't be getting a second chance. But it's not limited to Dem politicians. I've heard first-hand stories of people owing $25k+ in back taxes and "settling" up and paying $2500. You know those commercials you see about settling your debt for less than you owe? Unfortunately, those fuckers aren't selling snake oil.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:31 am

Rockindeano wrote:Majorly disappointed in Obama thus far.

I give him a c- at best. Starting to look like, although not quite, W's administration.

He had better get his black ass on the move and but quick.

It definitely doesn't look good for those most advocating higher taxes to not be paying them. Clinton had a problem or two like this back in the day, definitely w/ AG nominee Lani Guinier. Can't remember who else, if anyone.

One thing these guys aren't lying about is that the tax code is fuckin complicated. If anything, this is a great endorsement for burning the IR code in favor of either the flat tax or the fair tax (national sales tax). Sin taxes stay or possibly raised a bit in the event of the flat tax. No more fancy tax havens, no more "honest mistakes," less incentive to hide your money, all history points to more tax revenue. Seems to me everyone wins but the H&R Blocks and tax attorneys of the world :lol:

So far, Obama's vision of govt reform/campaign pledges are starting to affirm his pre-election critics: Too lofty, too idealistic. There are a lot of deadbeats out there, with Ds, Rs, and Is after their names. I don't really blame him too much for these clowns' problems coming to light. He really should stop acting like his vetting process is foolproof though.
Last edited by Ehwmatt on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby conversationpc » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:36 am

Rockindeano wrote:Majorly disappointed in Obama thus far.

I give him a c- at best. Starting to look like, although not quite, W's administration.

He had better get his black ass on the move and but quick.

You are the man...Well said.
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Luvsaugeri » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:57 am

And then not only do they not pay taxes, but then they get to just pay what they owe.

I'm pretty sure if it was you or me there would be a boatload of interest tacked on as well.

(Dean I am impressed!!)
Luvsaugeri
Cassette Tape

Postby RossValoryRocks » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:57 am

Fact Finder wrote:
Onestepper wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Hey Dean, help me out, who in W's admin had these kinds of tax problems except for Bernard Kerik. This is looking like a record of promoting tax cheats, and I'm still galled that the Pubs didn't kill Geithner as TreasSec. Dem or Pub, this is not a comfort to the public who actually pay attention. It pisses alot of people off bigtime, O needs a better vetting machine or something.

Sorry but you can't put Franken on Obama. Or Rangel. The three nominees are fully the responsibility of the administration, because they not only did not vet them properly, but have gone out of their way to 'support' them, even though they claimed things would be different. Those tax issues have been dogging Franken for quite a while and piece of dog crap still got elected..well, sort of.

No, I'm not putting Franken and Rangel on Obama. You are correct. They are on that side (D) though, and thus fair game. I'm seeing a lot of Dem tax cheats the last few days. Plus Blago. Just sayin'.

The reason is the Democrats are in the spotlight...if McCain had won Blago would still be Govenor of Illinois...when the harsh light and the camera eye are on you things like this will be found...and today you cannot keep ANYTHING hidden be you a Republican, Democrat or Independent. It's just the way the world works...and I think is has both good and bad consequences.
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:06 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
conversationpc wrote:This is the worst kind reasoning and the typical twisting of the facts that happens when someone votes against a bill. They voted against the bill as a whole, not because it allocated funds to rebuild infrastructure. Heck, I suppose if it had a provision for giving money to the elderly, you'd be saying the Republicans want old folks to die. :roll:

One of Reagan's express goals coming into office was to wedge a stake into federal infrastructure spending.
He succeeded.
The Cons of today would prolly have voted against Ike's Interstate Highway System.
Lula is dead on.

conversationpc wrote:I don't care what "The Cons of today" would do. This is MY opinion.

Ok, but you're subject was the GOP as a whole....

conversationpc wrote:Anyway, your argument is crap. Conservatives have no problem with spending on infrastructure. Lula is dead off.

As long as it is farmed out to private contractors (mainly thru sweetheart deals or no-bid-contracts), you're right.
As far as supporting it at the federal level (or any greater good initiative at the federal level) that’s simply not in their genetic code.
Last edited by The_Noble_Cause on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:33 am

Fact Finder wrote:Deano, I will bash my own this way. W was way too much like his dad GHW. They both think/thought that they could get along with the Dems. They hopefully have learned by now, that that isn't possible. The Dems don't allow it.

Too bad on nearly every achievement of the administration (war, wiretaps etc. ), the Dems caved.
Funny things, those stubborn facts. :roll:
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby conversationpc » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:15 am

Fact Finder wrote:
From Erick Erickson over at RedState comes this short and sweet on the way Democrats in Washington have been making decisions. No wonder they’ve driven the approval rating into single digits!

Well, everyone has been saying she’s gotten on her high horse. In Washington, people have been referring to her as President Pelosi.

Obama seemingly has decided to smack her down.

But he probably did not expect Congressman Jim Cooper (D-TN) to admit it on the radio.

Well, I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but I actually got some quiet encouragement from the Obama folks for what I’m doing,” said Cooper, one of about 55 House Democrats to sign a letter criticizing Speaker Nancy Pelosi for suspending normal debate and committee rules on the $819 billion package.

Seems Nancy just wants to ram his bill down our throats as a Dem payback to supporters. Some of the Blue Dog Dems are fighting her on it. Dems eating their own. I love it!

Not only that but it seems the bill has now ballooned to over $900 billion in the Senate. :roll:
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:29 am

I appreciate your fight FF, but you are truly trying to make this really bigger than it is. All these early 1st quarter ffumbles are nothing but blips on the radar. But I gotta hand it to you, you are a fighter.

As for Pelosi, she is terrible. I wish she would get the fuck out of the House.

I like Obama is handling this. He is running to the middle and not making the far left feel like they can have his ass for smorgasbord rape hour. Obama is smarter than all the far lefties, that's why he is in the White House. Presidents get two things done while governing in the middle:

1) They get things passed and signed and enacted.

2) They get re elected.

PS- as bad as some of the lefties are, the republicans are still slime, bottom feeding carps.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:27 am

All you do is post right winged publication articles. How convincing. :roll:

And the book deal? So what? it's history. I see no problem with that. People want to know the intracacies of the campaign that changed the country and the world.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby RobbieG » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:34 am

Rockindeano wrote:I appreciate your fight FF, but you are truly trying to make this really bigger than it is. All these early 1st quarter ffumbles are nothing but blips on the radar. But I gotta hand it to you, you are a fighter.

As for Pelosi, she is terrible. I wish she would get the fuck out of the House.

I like Obama is handling this. He is running to the middle and not making the far left feel like they can have his ass for smorgasbord rape hour. Obama is smarter than all the far lefties, that's why he is in the White House. Presidents get two things done while governing in the middle:

1) They get things passed and signed and enacted.

2) They get re elected.

PS- as bad as some of the lefties are, the republicans are still slime, bottom feeding carps.

Both are bad and you know that. :lol:
RobbieG
LP

Postby RobbieG » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:37 am

Rockindeano wrote:All you do is post right winged publication articles. How convincing. :roll:

And the book deal? So what? it's history. I see no problem with that. People want to know the intracacies of the campaign that changed the country and the world.

CNN poll this morning shows the American people do not want this stimulus package 43% not in favor compared to last week when it was the reverse. Seems the people are looking at the whole package and noticing the pork.
RobbieG
LP

Postby Gin and Tonic Sky » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:58 am

Fact Finder wrote:Any smokers on here?

Today Congress passed and Obama is going to sign the new SCHIP bill. Childrens Health Insurance.

Cigarettes will be going up .62 cents a pack, soon. That's change I can believe in. Lots of poor and minorities smoke, so they will be hit hardest.

Of course Obama smokes a few when Michelles not looking. (fucking stupid given the fact he goes to the gym but thats beside the point) Wonder if he pays for em....
Matt
Gin and Tonic Sky
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:58 am

Fact Finder wrote:Cigarettes will be going up .62 cents a pack, soon.

States need that tax revenue.
While we're at it, how about taxing and regulating pot and whores, too.
I think right-of-center libertarians like Stu would be on board with that, as well.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby conversationpc » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:01 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Cigarettes will be going up .62 cents a pack, soon.

States need that tax revenue.
While we're at it, how about taxing and regulating pot and whores, too.
I think right-of-center libertarians like Stu would be on board with that, as well.

I say legalize it and tax the hell out of it.
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby bluejeangirl76 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:04 am

The bill Obama will sign today raises the federal tax on a pack of cigarettes by 62 cents (or $6.20 per carton) bringing the federal tax to $1.01 per pack.

I know a smoker who is going to slap the shit out of me just for voting for Obama once they read that. :lol:
bluejeangirl76
MP3

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:04 am

Whatever... another $6.20 down the drain every so often. I almost feel like anymore I'm still buying them just to spite the man.
Quick everybody, we need 22 million of you to join us! :lol:

...Smoker's Rights are becoming the new Gun Rights. Nobody can just leave well enough alone anymore. Everybody's gotta meddle with free will, especially Uncle Sammy.
Rhiannon
MP3

Postby NealIsGod » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:08 am

Mrs. NIGGY is using this:

http://www.smokeanywhere.com/

It's amazing. The least it will do for you is drastically reduce the number of cigarettes you smoke. It delivers nicotine with no cancer causing agents. You inhale it like a cigatette but it's just vapor and nicotine. And there are different flavors.
Last edited by NealIsGod on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby S2M » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:08 am

Here's a solution: QUIT. :lol: :lol:
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:11 am

NealIsGod wrote:Mrs. NIGGY is using this:

It's amazing. The least it will do for you is drastically reduce the number of cigarettes you smoke. It delivers nicotine with no cancer causing agents. You inhale it like a cigatette but it's just vapor and nicotine. And there are different flavors.

I'm intrigued... hmm... thanks for sharing that Nig.
Rhiannon
MP3

Postby Gin and Tonic Sky » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:12 am

Fact Finder wrote:Check this shit out..

The reauthorization of the State Children's Health Insurance Program includes massive tax increases on cigarettes, cigars and other tobacco products. Similar bills were vetoed twice by President George W. Bush in part because of the tax increases. Democrats in the House and Senate have voted overwhelmingly for the tax increases each time the bill was proposed and were joined by a handful of Republicans.

The bill Obama will sign today raises the federal tax on a pack of cigarettes by 62 cents (or $6.20 per carton) bringing the federal tax to $1.01 per pack.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) was quoted by the AP as saying of the bill signing, ""It's going to be a happy day for America."

A Heritage Foundation analysis of the bill reported that even with the massive tax increases, 22 million new smokers will be needed to pay for the expansion of SCHIP.

Obama is scheduled to hold a public signing ceremony at 4:30 P.M. today.

We fucking need 22 million new smokers to pay for this....you can't make this shit up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

no we dont we just need 628,571 people like this ........

then well be fine
Matt
Gin and Tonic Sky
Cassette Tape

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:12 am

StocktontoMalone wrote:Here's a solution: QUIT. :lol: :lol:

Here's a solution: Worry about what concerns you! :D :idea:
Rhiannon
MP3

Postby S2M » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:16 am

Rhiannon wrote:
StocktontoMalone wrote:Here's a solution: QUIT. :lol: :lol:

Here's a solution: Worry about what concerns you! :D :idea:

:( :( :( :( :idea:
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby NealIsGod » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:25 am

Rhiannon wrote:

Your welcome. It pays for itself pretty quickly.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby StevePerryHair » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:32 am

NealIsGod wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:

My brother is going to try that now. Does she still want to smoke a real one? Or is she pretty successful at sticking to that? Do the cartridges you buy end up costing more than real cigarettes? I mean I guess for health reasons it makes it worth it if it is.
StevePerryHair
Digital Audio Tape

Postby NealIsGod » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:39 am

StevePerryHair wrote:
NealIsGod wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:

My brother is going to try that now. Does she still want to smoke a real one? Or is she pretty successful at sticking to that? Do the cartridges you buy end up costing more than real cigarettes? I mean I guess for health reasons it makes it worth it if it is.

Each filter is equivalent to 2 packs of cigs. The filters cost $10 per box and there are 5 filters in a box. That's like paying $1 for a pack of cigs. The long white part is the battery that you charge up. It's pretty cool. And when she smokes it she exhales what looks like smoke for a second but it dissipates in about 2 seconds. And she smokes the vanilla ones so it smells good. No cancer, no stink, no yellow teeth. Fucking amazing invention.

However, she does like to smoke 1 or 2 real cigs a day. But most people use it to quit completely.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby StevePerryHair » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:43 am

NealIsGod wrote:
StevePerryHair wrote:
NealIsGod wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:

Each filter is equivalent to 2 packs of cigs. The filters cost $10 per box and there are 5 filters in a box. That's like paying $1 for a pack of cigs. The long white part is the battery that you charge up. It's pretty cool. And when she smokes it she exhales what looks like smoke for a second but it dissipates in about 2 seconds. And she smokes the vanilla ones so it smells good. No cancer, no stink, no yellow teeth. Fucking amazing invention.

However, she does like to smoke 1 or 2 real cigs a day. But most people use it to quit completely.

I was with him when he got one yesterday, and it seemed really cool but then my mom and I wondered if it would really work or if it was a mistake. It's hard to trust a salesman :lol: It's good to hear someone say they use it, because I was leary. Hopefully he will quit after using it, but if not, the cutting down thing is a plus!
StevePerryHair
Digital Audio Tape

Postby NealIsGod » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:44 am

StevePerryHair wrote:I was with him when he got one yesterday, and it seemed really cool but then my mom and I wondered if it would really work or if it was a mistake. It's hard to trust a salesman :lol: It's good to hear someone say they use it, because I was leary. Hopefully he will quit after using it, but if not, the cutting down thing is a plus!

Yeah, I was skeptical too. But it was only $150 and if it didn't work it was going up on eBay. :lol:
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby bluejeangirl76 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:46 am

NealIsGod wrote:Each filter is equivalent to 2 packs of cigs. The filters cost $10 per box and there are 5 filters in a box. That's like paying $1 for a pack of cigs. The long white part is the battery that you charge up. It's pretty cool. And when she smokes it she exhales what looks like smoke for a second but it dissipates in about 2 seconds. And she smokes the vanilla ones so it smells good. No cancer, no stink, no yellow teeth. Fucking amazing invention.

Do they have pizza flavored ones? :o :lol:
bluejeangirl76
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara