"Shameless Promotions" Forum

Whatever forum news there might be...see here...and suggest any new forums.

Moderator: Andrew

"Shameless Promotions" Forum

Postby texafana » Thu May 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Requesting the addition of a new forum which would be the place for users to promote their own music, band, etc. Some users advertise their own bands, shows, etc, and it might be better to organize all this into one new forum area instead of allowing it in other forums via OT: etc, etc.
texafana
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Thu May 08, 2008 7:29 pm

Yep....that's reasonable...
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Carla777 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:26 am

This is a great idea...love that!
Carla777
Cassette Tape

Postby texafana » Thu May 14, 2009 11:22 pm

Maybe perhaps a "Gig Annoucement" forum instead. Would be a nice place for all the tribute bands, smaller bands, etc, to announce their gigs. All in 1 nice and tidy section. :)
texafana
Cassette Tape

Re "Shameless Promotions" Forum

Postby AlexofTangoDown » Fri May 15, 2009 3:11 am

Texafana, GREAT idea and Andrew, cool of you to consider a forum for bands to promote their new music.

I'm a huge fan of 80s hard rock bands and enjoy commenting on them. But I'm also the singer in a band that writes and records our own music. I'd appreciate a place to promote the release of our new cd directly to the people on this site that look for and enjoy new music from new bands in this genre... without upsetting anyone out there who doesn't think it's proper blog etiquette to just promote something.

I think a Gig Announcement forum deserves its own category. Lots of gigs happening.

I'll start with asking you guys to check out a few Tango Down demos at www.myspace.com/tangdown.

Thanks!

A
AlexofTangoDown
Fresh Air

Re: Re "Shameless Promotions" Forum

Postby MCC620 » Fri May 15, 2009 4:21 am

AlexofTangoDown wrote:Texafana, GREAT idea and Andrew, cool of you to consider a forum for bands to promote their new music.

I'm a huge fan of 80s hard rock bands and enjoy commenting on them. But I'm also the singer in a band that writes and records our own music. I'd appreciate a place to promote the release of our new cd directly to the people on this site that look for and enjoy new music from new bands in this genre... without upsetting anyone out there who doesn't think it's proper blog etiquette to just promote something.

I think a Gig Announcement forum deserves its own category. Lots of gigs happening.

I'll start with asking you guys to check out a few Tango Down demos at www.myspace.com/tangdown.

Thanks!

A

tango down kicks ass live...i know i saw them at maximum capicity opening for tyketto..... :)
~Maria~
Haters Gonna Hate
MCC620
8 Track

Tyketto kicked ass

Postby AlexofTangoDown » Fri May 15, 2009 5:14 am

Thank you Maria! I remember the Tyketto show well... a New England blizzard on a Sunday night and lots of folks STILL there to see Tyketto. The band was super tight and Danny Vaughn - what a talent. I was in "lead singer school" that night watching him. Super nice guy too.

By the way, rockers in New England - Maximum Capacity in Chicopee is a great place to see 80-s hard rock bands. Tango Down opens for Stephen Pearcy Friday, May 22.

Alex
www.myspace.com/tangodown
AlexofTangoDown
Fresh Air

Re: Tyketto kicked ass

Postby MCC620 » Sun May 17, 2009 10:18 am

AlexofTangoDown wrote:Thank you Maria! I remember the Tyketto show well... a New England blizzard on a Sunday night and lots of folks STILL there to see Tyketto. The band was super tight and Danny Vaughn - what a talent. I was in "lead singer school" that night watching him. Super nice guy too.

By the way, rockers in New England - Maximum Capacity in Chicopee is a great place to see 80-s hard rock bands. Tango Down opens for Stephen Pearcy Friday, May 22.

Alex
www.myspace.com/tangodown

OMG the blizzard!!! Not to mention it was the week of freezing temps here on the East Coast. Alex your cover of John Waite's Change was killer. You are quite the talented frontman yourself...now get some shows in the NY area going! :)
~Maria~
Haters Gonna Hate
MCC620
8 Track

Return to MR Site Updates, Forum News & Requests