Money Trumps Politics: Elton John Performs For Rush Limbaugh

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Money Trumps Politics: Elton John Performs For Rush Limbaugh

Postby Voyager » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:26 am

Sir Elton reportedly got paid $1-million to play a few songs at Limbaugh's wedding. What a sellout! He probably needs the cash. I mean, that would be like Adam Lambert singing for Pat Robertson's funeral!

:roll:
Voyager
Compact Disc

Re: Money Trumps Politics: Elton John Performs For Rush Limb

Postby AlteredDNA » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:35 am

Voyager wrote:Sir Elton reportedly got paid $1-million to play a few songs at Limbaugh's wedding. What a sellout! He probably needs the cash. I mean, that would be like Adam Lambert singing for Pat Robertson's funeral!

Why shouldn't people be able to put their personal politics aside?
AlteredDNA
Cassette Tape

Postby Gin and Tonic Sky » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:38 am

Maybe ELTON is a dittohead
Matt
Gin and Tonic Sky
Cassette Tape

Postby Saint John » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:44 am

I think it's a pretty classy move on Elton's part. Rush may share vastly different views, but it shows that music should transcend opinions ... in certain instances. Classy on both their parts.
Last edited by Saint John on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saint John
Super Audio CD

Postby stevew2 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:55 am

Gin and Tonic Sky wrote:Maybe ELTON is a dittohead
Im sure he has cock breath
stevew2
MP3

Postby Voyager » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 am

stevew2 wrote:

Or maybe Limbaugh is gay and having an affair with Elton?

If that's the case, I'm surprised Friga wasn't invited to perform also.

:lol:
Voyager
Compact Disc

Postby stevew2 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:15 am

Voyager wrote:
stevew2 wrote:

Im sure Friga would perform on Elton
stevew2
MP3

Postby Voyager » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:19 am

stevew2 wrote:
Voyager wrote:
stevew2 wrote:

It could have been an Elton-Limbaugh-Friga lovefest. Missed opportunities.

Voyager
Compact Disc

Postby Babyblue » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:20 am

Voyager wrote:
stevew2 wrote:
Voyager wrote:
stevew2 wrote:

It could have been an Elton-Limbaugh-Friga lovefest. Missed opportunities.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Styx & Gowan fan forever
Keep On Rocking Guys:)

I will never stop believeing in you SP.:)
Babyblue
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Arianddu » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Voyager wrote:It could have been an Elton-Limbaugh-Friga lovefest. Missed opportunities.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Brain Bleach stat!!!! :lol:
Why treat life as a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in an attractive & well-preserved body? Get there by skidding in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand, chocolate in the other, body totally worn out, screaming WOOHOO! What a ride!
Arianddu
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 pm

Not that I want to be part of a thread that will undoubtedly head towards insane rhetoric, but....

Who says Limbaugh has anything against gay people? And who says Elton has anything against people that do not support gay marriage? How come our president and vice president are against gay marriage, but no one says anything about a gay person being a sellout if they perform at the white house?

Number 1 - a million bucks is a million bucks, eh? Number 2 - Elton has always shown a willingness to connect with people that have been insensitive. Axl Rose and Eminem come to mind. That to me is what people should strive to be.

I wonder when it stopped being ok to disagree. Or worse yet, when people stopped being able to mentally grasp how someone could hold a different view. Sad.

Excellent for Rush and for Elton. Very excellent. This is what defines progress. I was very happy to see this.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Saint John » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Memorex wrote:Not that I want to be part of a thread that will undoubtedly head towards insane rhetoric, but....

Who says Limbaugh has anything against gay people? And who says Elton has anything against people that do not support gay marriage? How come our president and vice president are against gay marriage, but no one says anything about a gay person being a sellout if they perform at the white house?

Number 1 - a million bucks is a million bucks, eh? Number 2 - Elton has always shown a willingness to connect with people that have been insensitive. Axl Rose and Eminem come to mind. That to me is what people should strive to be.

I wonder when it stopped being ok to disagree. Or worse yet, when people stopped being able to mentally grasp how someone could hold a different view. Sad.

Excellent for Rush and for Elton. Very excellent. This is what defines progress. I was very happy to see this.

Excellent post, man.
Saint John
Super Audio CD

Postby Arianddu » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:53 pm

Saint John wrote:
Memorex wrote:Not that I want to be part of a thread that will undoubtedly head towards insane rhetoric, but....

Excellent post, man.

ditto.
Why treat life as a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in an attractive & well-preserved body? Get there by skidding in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand, chocolate in the other, body totally worn out, screaming WOOHOO! What a ride!
Arianddu
Stereo LP

Postby squirt1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Way to go Memorex !!!!!!
squirt1
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:00 pm

Arianddu wrote:
Saint John wrote:

Excellent post, man.

ditto.

Thanks. It's funny to read all the comments out there in that internet thing. People talking about never buying another Elton record, etc. One report was that he gave the money to his foundation. Pretty cool.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Tomulator » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:55 am

OOOOHHHHHH

How "uncool"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I was merely probing the patient for muscle tone and skeletal girth. We mock what we don't understand."
Tomulator
Cassette Tape

Postby Behshad » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:00 am

Saint John wrote:I think it's a pretty classy move on Elton's part. Rush may share vastly different views, but it shows that music should transcend opinions ... in certain instances. Classy on both their parts.

Much like when you will invite Soto to sing at your wedding and he will gladly accept 8)
Behshad
MP3

Postby MBPL » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:39 am

"Toot toot, heeeeeeeeeeeeey, beep beep!" Wonderful post.

When who a person sleeps with or represents politically affects how I pay my bills then I will bark loudly. :D
MBPL
8 Track

Postby Saint John » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:51 am

Behshad wrote:
Saint John wrote:I think it's a pretty classy move on Elton's part. Rush may share vastly different views, but it shows that music should transcend opinions ... in certain instances. Classy on both their parts.

Much like when you will invite Soto to sing at your wedding and he will gladly accept 8)

I'd invite him to sing the Redlist tunes, some Journey tunes and a few Christmas carols. You are paying him, though.
Saint John
Super Audio CD

Postby Behshad » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:57 am

Saint John wrote:
Behshad wrote:

I'd invite him to sing the Redlist tunes, some Journey tunes and a few Christmas carols. You are paying him, though.

What about "One Love" ???
And Im sure he would do it for free for you, my friend. ;)
Behshad
MP3

Postby StevePerryHair » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:59 am

Behshad wrote:
Saint John wrote:
Behshad wrote:

What about "One Love" ???
And Im sure he would do it for free for you, my friend. ;)

Im sure he'd much rather have "Open Arms" If you will be in attendance :wink: :lol:
StevePerryHair
Digital Audio Tape

Postby G.I.Jim » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:16 am

Saint John wrote:
Behshad wrote:

Tito's got you covered buddy! :wink:
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby squirt1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:59 am

Rush got a discount ,evidently. Elton usually charges 2 million. EVERY CENT goes to Elton's AIDS FOUNDATION !
squirt1
Cassette Tape

Postby Voyager » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:22 am

I think Rush is a closet gay man just like Jerry Falwell was.
Voyager
Compact Disc

Postby Ehwmatt » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:01 am

Voyager wrote:I think Rush is a closet gay man just like Jerry Falwell was.

Maybe, maybe not. That fat old fuck's pullin more tail than any of us though.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Re: Money Trumps Politics: Elton John Performs For Rush Limb

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:21 am

Voyager wrote:Sir Elton reportedly got paid $1-million to play a few songs at Limbaugh's wedding. What a sellout! He probably needs the cash.

Actually, when Rush had his heart scare in Hawaii, Elton was staying in the same hotel. He put in some calls to find out how Rush was doing. They started emailing back and forth and have been friends ever since. Rush's wife asked Elton if he'd sing at their wedding.

If this doesn't fit into your "Rush/conservatives wants to round up all the gays and exterminate them" template. I'm sorry but reality is a bitch sometimes. :D
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby conversationpc » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:30 pm

Voyager wrote:I think Rush is a closet gay man just like Jerry Falwell was.

Fred Phelps from Westboro and those other freaks who follow him, maybe. Falwell and Rush? Nah.
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara