Tommy Shaw says Styx will not reunite with Dennis DeYoung

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Tommy Shaw says Styx will not reunite with Dennis DeYoung

Postby Rockwriter » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:59 am

There's been a lot of speculation here . . . Tommy clears it up for you: http://www.examiner.com/classic-hard-ro ... is-deyoung

Thanks,

Sterling
Author, 'The Grand Delusion: The Unauthorized True Story of Styx'
Rockwriter
Cassette Tape

Postby yogi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:08 am

My tour of Current Styx opening and playing the ENTIRE Grand Illusion & Pieces Of Eight albums followed by DDY's band closing and playing the ENTIRE Cornerstone and Paradise Theatre albums even makes more sense now.

They can ALL play in the same building on the same stage EVERY night and never have to play together. The fans get ALL the songs from all the players of the first band to EVER have 4 consecutive triple platinum albums.

This would NOT be insanity but SMART!!!!!
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Christopher » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:24 am

froy is not going to be happy :lol:
Christopher
Ol' 78

Postby Monker » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:31 am

Christopher wrote:froy is not going to be happy :lol:

Froy has never been happy.
Monker
MP3

Postby yogi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:32 am

Jonathan Chance needs to ease up. He and Robert Orin Charles Kilroy made alot of money together.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Monker » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:43 am

yogi wrote:Jonathan Chance needs to ease up. He and Robert Orin Charles Kilroy made alot of money together.

I think the fans who have obtuse fantasies of the band and Dennis ever working together again should 'ease up'. They are the ones with a warped view of things.

"You only live once and you should be happy." That seems pretty grounded to me. Tommy seems to know that money does not equate to happiness...and he seems very happey doing what he is doing, without having to share the stage with robotos.
Monker
MP3

Re: Tommy Shaw says Styx will not reunite with Dennis DeYoun

Postby Toph » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:11 am

Rockwriter wrote:There's been a lot of speculation here . . . Tommy clears it up for you: http://www.examiner.com/classic-hard-ro ... is-deyoung

Thanks,

Sterling

And that is the asshole Tommy Shaw you all know and love. Fuck him - lying little weasel.
Toph
Stereo LP

Re: Tommy Shaw says Styx will not reunite with Dennis DeYoun

Postby froy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:20 am

Rockwriter wrote:There's been a lot of speculation here . . . Tommy clears it up for you: http://www.examiner.com/classic-hard-ro ... is-deyoung

Thanks,

Sterling

Now you all know how much of a back stabber this jerk is. Soon there will be 300 fans in the crowd Good Luck Big Mouth.
froy
Compact Disc

Postby Christopher » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:17 am

All he said was that he and Dennis just don't get along. He didn't badmouth him....he didn't even say it was Dennis' fault. He only said that they're not good for each other.

Now maybe he DID backstab Dennis at some point....none of us were there at the splitup....but this interview doesn't prove at all any backstabbing.
Christopher
Ol' 78

Postby Hollywood » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:01 am

Christopher wrote:All he said was that he and Dennis just don't get along. He didn't badmouth him....he didn't even say it was Dennis' fault. He only said that they're not good for each other.

Now maybe he DID backstab Dennis at some point....none of us were there at the splitup....but this interview doesn't prove at all any backstabbing.

Some people just don't get along. There is not always a bad guy.
"We Were Born To Be Loved'"
Hollywood
LP

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:24 am

Yet... it still doesn't mean it won't happen.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:33 am

Where did this supposed speculation come from... I saw it nowhere else except on here. Did our little message board start this? Nevermind I read the original Rolling Stone article and saw that it was just the usual questioning. Mother fucker is all I can say right now.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby Archetype » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:55 am

Joke's on Tommy. Dennis's band is basically a reunited Styx comprised of just about the coolest and most talented people in music :)
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Everett » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:59 am

Baron Von Bielski wrote:Yet... it still doesn't mean it won't happen.

When pigs fly it'll happen.
All in a day's work
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby froy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:02 am

Christopher wrote:All he said was that he and Dennis just don't get along. He didn't badmouth him....he didn't even say it was Dennis' fault. He only said that they're not good for each other.

Dennis has been out of the band for 12 Years and he comes out with this garbage. Just goes to show how foolish Tommy Shaw is, He does a bluegrass cd that sells only 4000 units, His band can't even draw over 1000 fans, All he has been doing are cover cds of his own music and now today after the numbers come out showing how STYX has completely failed he once again throws shit at Dennis DeYoung, This guy would be even more of a 0 without Dennis. This is the world we live in folks
Poor Tommy Shaw has been taking a beating for killing STYX so he comes out and rips Dennis , This is a sad day for all STYX fans thanks to Tommy Shaw.
froy
Compact Disc

Postby Babyblue » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:31 am

froy wrote:

Dennis has been out of the band for 12 Years and he comes out with this garbage. Just goes to show how foolish Tommy Shaw is, He does a bluegrass cd that sells only 4000 units, His band can't even draw over 1000 fans, All he has been doing are cover cds of his own music and now today after the numbers come out showing how STYX has completely failed he once again throws shit at Dennis DeYoung, This guy would be even more of a 0 without Dennis. This is the world we live in folks
Poor Tommy Shaw has been taking a beating for killing STYX so he comes out and rips Dennis , This is a sad day for all STYX fans thanks to Tommy Shaw.

Fred , you are a total joke :roll: He never said anything about DDY i happen to like Tommy & the guys.And anytime they come close by me i am going.You just can't stand it because they are still out doing what they love doing.And yes many,many people still love this band. :D
Styx & Gowan fan forever
Keep On Rocking Guys:)

I will never stop believeing in you SP.:)
Babyblue
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Archetype » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:32 am

Babyblue wrote:
froy wrote:

Fred , you are a total joke :roll: He never said anything about DDY i happen to like Tommy & the guys.And anytime they come close by me i am going.You just can't stand it because they are still out doing what they love doing.And yes many,many people still love this band. :D

Never said anything?
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:52 am

Babyblue wrote:
froy wrote:

Like Archetype said... never said anything??? Weren't you paying attention? I really wish you brought something to this board other than commenting on Froy's posts or just agreeing with others.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby Babyblue » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:56 am

Baron Von Bielski wrote:
Babyblue wrote:
froy wrote:

Like Archetype said... never said anything??? Weren't you paying attention? I really wish you brought something to this board other than commenting on Froy's posts or just agreeing with others.

Whatever :roll: :roll:
Styx & Gowan fan forever

Babyblue
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Babyblue » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:58 am

froy wrote:

You need to go back and reread this you too. :roll:
Styx & Gowan fan forever

Babyblue
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:04 am

Babyblue wrote:
froy wrote:

Compare what Dennis said in his December interview to what Tommy said in Rolling Stone. Pretty fucked up if you ask me. Why even say something like that. Just say a reunion won't happen and leave it at that.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby froy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:09 am

"Babyblue

Styx has kept a dizzying schedule of more than 100 concert dates per year since 1999, and is currently on a summer tour with progressive rock stalwarts Yes. DeYoung retains the right to perform under the billing "The Music of Styx." Shaw said that's how it's likely to remain.

Remain until nobody shows up to your concerts Shaw. 588 fans in the crowd is that Dennis 's fault also.? Your not very bright Tommy Shaw that's for sure.

"In retrospect, we weren't even happy working with each other in our heyday," he reflected.

Than why did you stick around buddy? Did you forget you were invited into the band? If you weren't happy you should have gone back to the bowling alley where you came from.

"We're just different people with different desires and different vision of how things should be.

Your a drug addict and a guy filled with jealousy, Dennis DeYoung is a class act period.

"God, it was such an unhappy place.

Sure it was you were doing lines and missing rehearsals, You were always in the shadow of a real musician who wrote almost every hit for the band,

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Your going to say that you did the same thing over and over with Dennis ? What a joke Shaw really your a joke.

We're crazy, but we're not insane."

Either way your fooling yourself that's for sure,

That assessment might come as a shock to Dennis DeYoung. "I have nothing but the utmost respect for Tommy Shaw's musical ability. He and I were really good for each other," he said in an interview with Bill Murphy last December. "We made great music together. We contributed to each other in many ways. And I would be surprised if he wouldn't say the exact same thing."

Way to go Dennis way to go..
Last edited by froy on Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
froy
Compact Disc

Postby Babyblue » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:10 am

Baron Von Bielski wrote:
Babyblue wrote:
froy wrote:

Compare what Dennis said in his December interview to what Tommy said in Rolling Stone. Pretty fucked up if you ask me. Why even say something like that. Just say a reunion won't happen and leave it at that.

Well most of us knew their would never be one anyway.But i guess some still dream about one.Not poining fingers at anyone here.
Styx & Gowan fan forever

Babyblue
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:14 am

Archetype wrote:Joke's on Tommy. Dennis's band is basically a reunited Styx comprised of just about the coolest and most talented people in music :)

Can't say anything bad about his band because I have not seen them. I'm not Froy.
Last edited by ChicagoSTYX on Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:16 am

Who cares!!!!! I enjoy seeing Styx, some people like to see DDY. Do what makes you happy!
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:27 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
Archetype wrote:Joke's on Tommy. Dennis's band is basically a reunited Styx comprised of just about the coolest and most talented people in music :)

Can't say anything bad about his band because I have not seen them. I'm not Froy.

You owe it to yourself as a fan of Styx music to see them.
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby froy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:35 am

"ChicagoSTYX"

I'm not Froy.

Thank God
froy
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:42 am

Baron Von Bielski wrote:Where did this supposed speculation come from... I saw it nowhere else except on here. Did our little message board start this? Nevermind I read the original Rolling Stone article and saw that it was just the usual questioning. Mother fucker is all I can say right now.

Your reply prompts me to ask: If you feel that Tommy is a "Mother F**ker", why would you want Dennis to be in the company of a person like that? Dennis would be degrading himself wouldn't he? I like a lot of people here has thought over Dennis reuniting with Styx and have come to the following two thoughts.

1. A Styx reuniting of the "classic lineup" has a snowball's chance in hell of happening.
2. Dennis has no real reason to reunite with people who stabbed him in the back and attempted to hijack the band without giving Dennis his fair share of the value of Styx in business sense.

Just give my points some thought. He doesn't need to be in the company of people like his former band mates. They will poke fun and bitch that KWH was so bad but, had no issues collecting the checks on that project.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Archetype » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:14 am

Dennis shouldn't ever waste his time with his former bandmates. They don't deserve his company or prestige. They can just keep running their "best version of Styx ever" into the ground. Stupid comments like these don't help Tommy's cause at all. The fuck you weren't happy Tommy.
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Everett » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:21 am

Archetype wrote:Dennis shouldn't ever waste his time with his former bandmates. They don't deserve his company or prestige. They can just keep running their "best version of Styx ever" into the ground. Stupid comments like these don't help Tommy's cause at all. The fuck you weren't happy Tommy.

Pass the kool aid :roll:
All in a day's work
Everett
Compact Disc

Next

Return to Styx