Rockin' at the Ryman

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Rockin' at the Ryman

Postby RedWingFan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Anyone else see this show that was taped in Nashville? I recorded it on my DVR on HDNet. This is the first time I've had time to hear Hanson sing the classic stuff. Have to admit he knocked it out of the park.

Anyone know if this show is slated to be released on Blu-Ray? I want a copy bad!!!

From the looks of this lineup....Foreigner is going to blow little Arnel off the stage. Journey's going to get their collective asses handed to them nightly!
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:17 am

Clips of it are on YouTube. Looks like a great show.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Re: Rockin' at the Ryman

Postby Saint John » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:39 am

RedWingFan wrote:Foreigner is going to blow little Arnel off the stage. Journey's going to get their collective asses handed to them nightly!

Keep thinking that. :lol: They've (Foreigner) all but thrown in the towel and conceded that they're a tribute act. I don't think you're ever going to hear new music again, whereas Journey will have another new album to play live. And it's gonna rock hard. :)
Saint John
Super Audio CD

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:32 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Clips of it are on YouTube. Looks like a great show.

It was. Kinda bummed that the only song Mick sang was "Starrider". I prefer his tunes off of the old cd's rather than the hits. I'd love to see them do "Back Where You Belong", or "I Have Waited So Long".
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby rsimpson » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:48 pm

RedWingFan wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Clips of it are on YouTube. Looks like a great show.

It was. Kinda bummed that the only song Mick sang was "Starrider". I prefer his tunes off of the old cd's rather than the hits. I'd love to see them do "Back Where You Belong", or "I Have Waited So Long".

Throw in Modern Day and it would be perfect.
rsimpson
Ol' 78

Postby G.I.Jim » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:26 pm

Saint John wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:Foreigner is going to blow little Arnel off the stage. Journey's going to get their collective asses handed to them nightly!

Keep thinking that. :lol: They've (Foreigner) all but thrown in the towel and conceded that they're a tribute act. I don't think you're ever going to hear new music again, whereas Journey will have another new album to play live. And it's gonna rock hard. :)

Their tribute sounds a lot closer than Journey's tribute! :wink:
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:38 am

Saint John wrote: They've (Foreigner) all but thrown in the towel and conceded that they're a tribute act. I don't think you're ever going to hear new music again, whereas Journey will have another new album to play live.

Mick talks about doing another album, but I'm with you, I just don't see it happening. Neal and Jon, to their credit, have kept producing creatively, even in the face of low mainstream interest. Generations still sucked tho.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Saint John » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:13 am

G.I.Jim wrote:
Saint John wrote:

Their tribute sounds a lot closer than Journey's tribute! :wink:

Well, considering Journey decided not to go that route (and hire Jeremey, Hugo or take a stab at Kelty), you're probably right. I love Kelly Hansen, man. But they're not even trying to promote new music. Journey, to their credit, played the hell out of Revelation and put seven new songs on their latest DVD. And now that interest has waned, they're firing back with another new album and plan on touring for 2 years in support of it..
Saint John
Super Audio CD

I seen

Postby No Surprize » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:46 am

The HDNET show and I was totally fucking blown away by Foreigner. I haven't given them a thought since Lou Gramm left for the reason of I didn't think they could ever find a singer who could do them justice. Man, Kelly Hansen proved me wrong! He's got great pipe's, good stage presence, had the crowd involved, I was impressed. I wouldn't hesitate to go see them live in they were in my area. As far as Journey goes, who's the next lead singer going to be? Right now they have a 4"2" asian as a frontman, who has no stage presence. Just doesn't fit in with an American band in my opinion.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Well it's not "Rockin' at the Ryman" but it's a newer show on Blu-Ray. Buyin' it. :D

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Foreigner ... ray/22580/
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:02 am

This show just got a US cd release as Extended Versions II.
$5 Walmart. Given the tracklisting and the inclusion of 2 Can't Slow Down tracks, this makes the '05 one obsolute.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:33 am

Red13JoePa wrote:This show just got a US cd release as Extended Versions II.
$5 Walmart. Given the tracklisting and the inclusion of 2 Can't Slow Down tracks, this makes the '05 one obsolute.

Which show the "Ryman" show or the one for the BluRay link I posted?
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Red13JoePa » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:02 am

RedWingFan wrote:
Red13JoePa wrote:This show just got a US cd release as Extended Versions II.

Which show the "Ryman" show or the one for the BluRay link I posted?

I'm talking about a new live cd of the same show. It's got 2 Can't Slow Down tunes.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:50 am

RedWingFan wrote:Well it's not "Rockin' at the Ryman" but it's a newer show on Blu-Ray. Buyin' it. :D

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Foreigner ... ray/22580/

Just bought and watched this. It's the uncut version of the PBS Soundstage show that was recorded in 2008. Running time of an hour and 45 minutes. Sounds great. Great deal for only $10.

Tracks:
Night Life
Head Games
Cold As Ice
Waiting....
Too Late
Say You Will
Long, Long Way...
Double Vision
Blue Morning, Blue Day
Dirty White Boy
Starrider
Feels Like....
Urgent
Juke Box Hero
I Want To Know...
Hot Blooded
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara