The Cars

Whatever forum news there might be...see here...and suggest any new forums.

Moderator: Andrew

The Cars

Postby Slander » Sat May 28, 2011 5:01 am

Hey No love for The Cars new album? Debut at number 7 on billboard.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby ltbob » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:10 pm

Its good. I would like more guitar, but its good.
ltbob
Ol' 78

Postby Andrew » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:01 pm

good, not great. sadly...I love that band.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby ltbob » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:05 pm

I saw them live on tv the other day. They sounded ok, but they are still about as excitin as watchin 5 bails of hay on stage.
ltbob
Ol' 78

Postby mrsromek » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:26 am

I know I'm 7 months too late (which is one of my faves off the album, by the way) with this one, but that album was just what I had hoped for from the boys. Catchy tunes with interesting lyrics.

Cool story here....got a tip which airline they were flying into Chicago on (from MN). So, had my wife drop me off for a bit on our way to their show at the Riv (of which she was embarrased to do so, and claimed I need help).....sure enough, when I got to their gate/arrivals, I saw some non fan's with stacks of LPs, pick guards, guitars, etc....I knew they'd be coming soon. About 5 minutes later, there they were, carrying their own luggage too. Aside from Ric, the others blended in as regular looking passengers (until of course they were mobbed). Ric had the same outfit on as he often wore in 1985 and man, is he a beanpole.

Anyway, got all 4 of them on the Shake it Up LP, and combinations of the other 3 on a few others. I didn't have the urge to shove stuff literally in Ric's face to get him to sign more. I'm too old for that crap now. Ric's the least friendly of the 4, hands down.Greg and David signed everything and anything put in front of them. Elliot did too, until the some idiot kept calling him David.

The show was good in a sense I enjoyed the tunes they played. They were quite boring on stage...reminded me of when I saw REM in '95. I took into consideration they never have liked touring, and I knew that night was no different. It was cool that they had Ben's bass in a stand with a small light on it.
mrsromek
45 RPM

Return to MR Site Updates, Forum News & Requests