Google Plus & Mecca

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Google Plus & Mecca

Postby Slander » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:38 am

Hi JV,

I know we all need another social network like we need a hole in the head, but I think Google Plus would be a great way to get word out about Mecca! If you get a chance, check it out. Here's what Sammy Hagar is doing to promote the new Chickenfoot record:

https://plus.google.com/107264515902167457136/posts

Also, I think it would be a hell of a lot of fun to put together a hangout to talk about music web cam using google plus. Mnay are using hangouts. 10 people can gather at the same time. Just a thought.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:57 am

I'm on G+, but have not yet set up properly. Will advise.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Joe Vana » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:01 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm on G+, but have not yet set up properly. Will advise.

Please do.....I am going to put some tunes on soundcloud....my kid uses it...is that a cool thing these days???
JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Greg » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Google plus is still in a limited beta trial.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby chynablue » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:25 pm

I've never even seen Google +. Is it any good? Better than Facebook?
chynablue
45 RPM

Postby axecrew » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:31 pm

Joe Vana wrote:
Andrew wrote:I'm on G+, but have not yet set up properly. Will advise.

Please do.....I am going to put some tunes on soundcloud....my kid uses it...is that a cool thing these days???
JV

Not if he's blasting R Kelly shit..........lol
axecrew
LP

Postby Greg » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:42 pm

chynablue wrote:I've never even seen Google +. Is it any good? Better than Facebook?

Right now, it's closed to any new people who wish to sign up, so I have no idea if it's any better than Facebook yet. That's why I kind of question anyone using it, currently, for any promotional activity.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby Slander » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:41 am

Greg wrote:
chynablue wrote:I've never even seen Google +. Is it any good? Better than Facebook?

Right now, it's closed to any new people who wish to sign up, so I have no idea if it's any better than Facebook yet. That's why I kind of question anyone using it, currently, for any promotional activity.

Some of the artists currently using it include: Sammy Hagar, Joe Satriani, Taylor Swift, Mariah Carey, and there are others as well.

I like the idea of the hangout function. 10 people all talking together in a group via webcam and you can play a video or play music for all to see at the same time. It's a shared experience. Great way to promote a record and get in touch with your fans.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Slander » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:44 am

Eric, it's better than facebook. It cuts through all the nonsense. I just sent you an invitation. Check out what Sammy Hagar is doing on his gplus page: https://plus.google.com/107264515902167 ... osts?hl=en
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Greg » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:56 am

Slander wrote:
Greg wrote:

Some of the artists currently using it include: Sammy Hagar, Joe Satriani, Taylor Swift, Mariah Carey, and there are others as well.

I like the idea of the hangout function. 10 people all talking together in a group via webcam and you can play a video or play music for all to see at the same time. It's a shared experience. Great way to promote a record and get in touch with your fans.

I'd like to check it out if I can figure out how to get signed up! It says this: We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Re: Google Plus & Mecca

Postby Joe Vana » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:47 am

Slander wrote:Hi JV,

I know we all need another social network like we need a hole in the head, but I think Google Plus would be a great way to get word out about Mecca! If you get a chance, check it out. Here's what Sammy Hagar is doing to promote the new Chickenfoot record:

https://plus.google.com/107264515902167457136/posts

Also, I think it would be a hell of a lot of fun to put together a hangout to talk about music web cam using google plus. Mnay are using hangouts. 10 people can gather at the same time. Just a thought.

It looks COOL....I hope they go live with it!!!!

Thanks Ty....JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)