The "Live Guide"

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:59 am

Deb wrote:
Gideon wrote:
Michigan Girl wrote:
annie89509 wrote:I collected tons of SP/Journey concert boots, and I think the concensus among long-time fans is Sweet&Simple never got on the setlist, and no SP performance on WCTNGOF, either :cry: .

I asked about this some time ago. I personally did not hear it live, but always wondered
if it was ever played, since this is one of my top two songs ...WYLAW, no also!! :cry:
AP does a fantastic job on many of the classics, but I'm glad I never heard
either one of these from his lips!!

Arnel has done WYLAW.

So has JSS, in Virginia. Excellent job! It was on youtube? :? Can't find it now, thought it was maybe Donna or Ed that put it up, where did it go???

You looked for this once before, for me ...let's find this thing!! :wink:
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby lights1961 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:10 am

PRECIOUS TIME LIVE was awesome in MSP 2004...I about had a heart attack!! I think I heard open the door once or twice too... in early 2004 or 2006?

and am I the only one that actually likes hearing back talk? something edgy about that song... ;-) LOL..

and yes CHAIN REACTION is one of those great guitar songs especially live..

GREAT POST..

Rick
Rick
lights1961
Compact Disc

Postby kgdjpubs » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:39 am

lights1961 wrote:and am I the only one that actually likes hearing back talk?

Yes.
kgdjpubs
Cassette Tape

Postby AR » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:58 pm

I have the JSS clip from of WYLAO from his final show with Journey. Excellent quality - about 1:40 of the song. Sending it to youtube now. Should be able to link it soon - might be in the morning.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:41 pm

STORY_TELLER wrote:WOW that's crazy. Nicely done. (*Once it's finalized as being 100% accurate,) this should be a sticky. :D

I agree...marvellous!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:44 pm

Ok, keep adding to this and maybe we can do a Journey Touring book....published by MR :)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby kgdjpubs » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:47 pm

WykkedSensation wrote:
Ehwmatt wrote:
WykkedSensation wrote:
kgdjpubs wrote:all done by lead singer at the time unless noted. Corrections welcomed.

TRIAL BY FIRE
Still She Cries - 2001 occasionally

Still she cries and Easy to fall have never been performed live.

A quick youtube search yielded nothing, but for some reason, I thought I've heard Augeri doing Still She Cries on YT at one point.

Never played, but would like to hear it at some stage with Deen singing it though.

I'll have to go through the stuff. I'm almost positive Still She Cries was done a few times, and I tend to remember the youtube thing also. Less convinced on Easy to Fall. Journey was notorious on the Arrival tour for playing a song once or twice and then dropping it never to be seen again.
kgdjpubs
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:20 pm

While listening to a YT of Still She Cries..I read a few comments..but had to LOL at this one
trying to remember ..when this history was written or lol re-written...?

@TombstoneInc I have that DVD and I see no lip syncing. Not to say Arnel is a 'better singer' or anything. And Perry did lip sync. The Frontiers tour, they were playing literally every day for over 2 years, sometimes more than 2 shows a night. Perry's voice sounds like it does now because of that, he admitted to lip syncing because he had to, he said he wanted nothing to do with it but 'the show had to go on'.

t3hPoundcake 8 hours ago

:shock:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:31 pm

tater1977 wrote: Perry's voice sounds like it does now because of that, he admitted to lip syncing because he had to, he said he wanted nothing to do with it but 'the show had to go on'.:

WTF? :shock: Where'd he say such a thing? :x
Andrew
Administrator

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:42 pm

Andrew wrote:
tater1977 wrote: Perry's voice sounds like it does now because of that, he admitted to lip syncing because he had to, he said he wanted nothing to do with it but 'the show had to go on'.:

WTF? :shock: Where'd he say such a thing? :x

Same thing I would like to know..Seems some like to "rewrite"..history in their own minds...

Journey - Still She Cries

http://youtu.be/EfeZ8wSvuj0
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Rick » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:29 am

tater1977 wrote:While listening to a YT of Still She Cries..I read a few comments..but had to LOL at this one
trying to remember ..when this history was written or lol re-written...?

@TombstoneInc I have that DVD and I see no lip syncing. Not to say Arnel is a 'better singer' or anything. And Perry did lip sync. The Frontiers tour, they were playing literally every day for over 2 years, sometimes more than 2 shows a night. Perry's voice sounds like it does now because of that, he admitted to lip syncing because he had to, he said he wanted nothing to do with it but 'the show had to go on'.

t3hPoundcake 8 hours ago

:shock:

The guy is full of shit. They did not play the schedule he is suggesting. The Frontiers tour did not last two years, number one, and I've never seen a tour schedule that detailed them playing two or more sets a night.
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby JRNYMAN » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:09 am

tater1977 wrote:Journey - Still She Cries

http://youtu.be/EfeZ8wSvuj0

If I could choose 1 song from TBF to hear them play live w/ Perry it'd be that one. Killer song from start to finish.
JRNYMAN
Cassette Tape

Postby AR » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:15 am

By request from Deb:

WYLAW from JSS's final night in Journey (partial clip - good quality)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGE3wNjNE4k
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby JRNYMAN » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:21 am

AR wrote:By request from Deb:

Thanks for posting that. I'd never heard him sing that one. JSS does a phenomenal job on the later stuff - let me clarify that... IMHO, he kicked butt on pretty much everything I've heard him sing from J's catalog but for some reason, he's really able to replicate SP's voice and intonation nearly perfectly on the later songs.
JRNYMAN
Cassette Tape

Postby Rick » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:49 am

They should have done an album and a tour with Soto. There is not a better frontman.
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby Deb » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:50 pm

Thanks a bunch, Ed. Now that's the delivery I be talkin 'bout, Michie! Great stuff! :D

I'm with ya Rick. Wish we could have heard a JSS fronted J album. Damn fools. :lol: Actually I can't be hatin' on them much, they DID introduce me to 2 of my 3 all-time favorite vocalists. That R&B/soul influenced delivery isn't something ya can learn, it's organic, ya either got it or you don't. :D
Now Playing: Green Tinted Sixties Mind - Live. https://youtu.be/e9YPFXVNINU?si=zDfcdUBpoaDSatLG
Deb
MP3

Postby AR » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:44 pm

Found one from Atlantic City soundcheck 2006. JSS doing "After The Fall"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiTK6VSLJFs

Sorry it's only a minute or so.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby FormerJrnyFan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:00 pm

AR wrote:Found one from Atlantic City soundcheck 2006. JSS doing "After The Fall"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiTK6VSLJFs

Sorry it's only a minute or so.

I'd take JSS for a minute or so............. :oops: :lol:

Thanks for the clip, AR .........
... I will ALWAYS be a Sototarian
FormerJrnyFan
Stereo LP

Postby Rick » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:18 am

Requesting an unstickey for this thread. I hate stickey's. You can keep the other one if you want, as it deals with posting etiquette, or some shit like that. ;) :lol: I would prefer it gone too though, because I hate stickey's! :lol: :lol:
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby portland » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:31 am

Rick wrote:Requesting an unstickey for this thread. I hate stickey's. You can keep the other one if you want, as it deals with posting etiquette, or some shit like that. ;) :lol: I would prefer it gone too though, because I hate stickey's! :lol: :lol:

Bored? :lol:
What's left After You Fall?.....A Cover Band?
portland
Compact Disc

Postby Rick » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:36 am

portland wrote:
Rick wrote:Requesting an unstickey for this thread. I hate stickey's. You can keep the other one if you want, as it deals with posting etiquette, or some shit like that. ;) :lol: I would prefer it gone too though, because I hate stickey's! :lol: :lol:

Bored? :lol:

I guess so. Bored, aggravated and just felt like being a nuisance. :lol:
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby stevew2 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:33 pm

It was fun for awile ,except for Friga trying to play that fuckin harmanica..I ve always liked Auguiri singing Only The Young from 2001 to 2004 {I think} Dean always nail Mother Father everytime.i remember how Deano loved "Butterfly" lol .I miss that rascal
stevew2
MP3

Re: The "Live Guide"

Postby No Surprize » Fri May 31, 2013 10:33 pm

I'm posting this here since it's a "Live Dvd". Thought some would like to know. How come Aerosmith doesn't have it's own thread here?

In March 2011, Japan was beset by a huge earthquake, a monstrous tsunami and the subsequent meltdown of the Fukushima nuclear plant. In the autumn of 2011, despite advice to the contrary, AEROSMITH brought their "Back On The Road" tour to Japan, a country with which they'd always had a special relationship. The Japanese fans came out in their droves and AEROSMITH responded with some of the finest gigs of their distinguished career.

"Rock For The Rising Sun" follows the band on that tour combining full-length live tracks with behind-the-scenes footage which is at times touching and emotional and at others humorous and insightful. More than anything else it demonstrates the Japanese fans' love affair with AEROSMITH and their music.

"Rock For The Rising Sun" was directed by Casey Patrick Tebo, and combines live performance material with behind-the-scenes footage that shows the nation coping with the destruction. The movie is due for release on DVD and Blu-ray on July 22 via Eagle Rock Entertainment.

"I have never seen any band I've ever worked for be revered like this band was by the Japanese people," Tebo told BostonHerald.com in a recent interview. "They're bigger than THE [ROLLING] STONES, bigger than THE BEATLES. They're very special over there."

Tebo told BostonHerald.com that he filmed all of the band's shows but didn't set out to make a documentary. But when he saw the footage, he knew he had a great concert film.

"The band didn't even know," he said. "So when it was finished, I rented a theater in L.A. and showed it to them. When the movie was done, [AEROSMITH guitarist] Joe [Perry] stood up and gave me a hug and started crying. It was a pretty ?cathartic thing."

"Rock For The Rising Sun" track listing:

01. Draw The Line
02. Love In An Elevator
03. Livin' On The Edge
04. Hangman Jury
05. No More No More
06. Mama Kin
07. Monkey On My Back
08. Toys In The Attic
09. Sweet Emotion
10. Boogie Man
11. Rats In The Cellar
12. Movin' Out
13. Last Child
14. S.O.S. (Too Bad)
15. Walk This Way
16. Train Kept A Rollin' (credits)
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby RockInDetroit » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:26 am

Surprised how many songs got played live at some point. Did someone calculate the percentage? It seems every show I have seen has been a greatest hits show.
RockInDetroit
LP

Re:

Postby MysteryMountain » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:23 am

Pelata wrote:
Chain Reaction: Opened up 83 shows.

This was the encore when I saw them on the "Vacation's Over" tour in 1998 w/ Augeri.

From 2005 with Augeri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps_WYlmkS4g
MysteryMountain
Ol' 78

Postby WalrusOct9 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:44 am

Went down a Youtube rabbit hole again. Oh man, this at 2:15 when the lead vocal tape goes out. Ooooops. Then at 2:28 he clearly gives a look to the monitor guy, I guess to get an okay that it was working again and would come in on the next line? :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8L74vWNv5k
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby HydraRed » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:13 am

Main post has been UPDATED! Thanks for everyone who helped out (too many names to list, but if you posted here, you helped!)

Only took me 6 years, kept telling myself to do it, and then I had the day off from class so it worked out perfectly.

If anyone has updates on Eclipse songs or anything from the recent tour(s), please let me know!
HydraRed
Radio Waves

Postby Memorex » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:28 am

HydraRed wrote:Main post has been UPDATED! Thanks for everyone who helped out (too many names to list, but if you posted here, you helped!)

Only took me 6 years, kept telling myself to do it, and then I had the day off from class so it worked out perfectly.

If anyone has updates on Eclipse songs or anything from the recent tour(s), please let me know!

They just played all of Escape and Frontiers and others (i.e. La Raza...) this week in Japan.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby jestor92 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:25 am

I have a bootleg i think it's from the Escape tour in Japan where they performed one of the songs off Dream After Dream
jestor92
8 Track

Postby brightonrock » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:57 am

Winds of March was played in 2015 for several shows

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/journey/ ... 61852.html
brightonrock
Fresh Air

Previous

Return to Journey