General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

It's Not Foreigner

Postby froy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:06 pm

End of story ...
froy
Compact Disc

Postby hgwy407 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 am

I couldn't agree more! ZERO original members, WTF?? Just cancel the damn tour and bow out with some grace and dignity already.
hgwy407
Ol' 78

Postby froy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:50 am

hgwy407 wrote:I couldn't agree more! ZERO original members, WTF?? Just cancel the damn tour and bow out with some grace and dignity already.

I just heard a radio spot for a Chicago show in January at the HOB. Lou singing from the original tracks and they say live at the HOB FOREIGNER,
I am going to call this radio station and tell them they are using false advertisement for this show, RIDICULOUS
froy
Compact Disc

Postby G.I.Jim » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:12 am

I understand people's beef with paying a ticket and not seeing Mick up there. What you have to realize though is that these bands sign contracts for these tours. If they bail out, it would cost them millions of dollars, not to mention that they'd have to rework the whole tour and try to find another act at the last minute. With tickets and fliers already printed, radio stations already having announced the tour, it would be a nightmare for all involved. I understand why they did it, and from what I've heard, the guy is doing a great job filling in for Mick.

Mick IS Foreigner when it comes to the songwriting and the sounds. I think they sound better now (well now meaning with Mick), than they did for the last several years with Lou. I say good for Mick for continuing his band he started so many years ago. :wink:
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby bulldog » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:51 am

Lou should get back in the studio and make a new cd . I think he sounds great now. He could re-record his solo hits and some Foreigner tracks. The new Cds with Foreigner are not very good. Kelly is a great live singer but he lacks the emotion and power in his vocals. The Extended Versions cds are awesome it's just the studio stuff that lacks that extra power to make it special. We all should appreciate Lou Gramm for his vocals were unmatched in his heyday . I wouldn't be surprised before it is all said and done Mick and Lou will do it one last time .
bulldog
Ol' 78

Postby Michigan Girl » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:39 am

I have mixed emotions about all these replacement people/band members,
as long as the audience is aware and still willing to pay the price, more
power to them. I also understand the situation w/Mick, he fell ill, or whatever,
mid tour, and it's not like he's the LS. The show must go on when you have
three bands involved.

I might've been pissed, too, but KH is who I really wanted to check out, and
Foreigner ended up being the highlight of the night, for me, even without Mick.

Kelly Hansen is/was incredible ...and I'm a LouN.
There were only two (2) songs, ONE (1) in particular, that really didn't
do it for me vocally, but as a frontman, he owned the place ...he's a star in his own right.

PS~NR probably would've stolen the show if they had had the #2 position and were
able to extend their set past 7/8 songs. As it was, they left me unfinished and
frustrated...they were incredible while in action, though!! :wink:
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:44 pm

bulldog wrote:Lou should get back in the studio and make a new cd .

A few tracks on his Christian album were good. I'd love something along the lines of "Ready or Not."

bulldog wrote:I think he sounds great now.

Ok, now you're pushing it.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:42 pm

hgwy407 wrote:I couldn't agree more! ZERO original members, WTF?? Just cancel the damn tour and bow out with some grace and dignity already.

Why? they're killing it live, have a good new 3-disc package out, have 2 stand alone live DVDs, 2 live albums, and 2 years removed from a positively accepted studio record that had songs that charted.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby KenTheDude » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:52 am

Michigan Girl wrote:I have mixed emotions about all these replacement people/band members,
as long as the audience is aware and still willing to pay the price, more
power to them. I also understand the situation w/Mick, he fell ill, or whatever,
mid tour, and it's not like he's the LS. The show must go on when you have
three bands involved.

I might've been pissed, too, but KH is who I really wanted to check out, and
Foreigner ended up being the highlight of the night, for me, even without Mick.

Kelly Hansen is/was incredible ...and I'm a LouN.
There were only two (2) songs, ONE (1) in particular, that really didn't
do it for me vocally, but as a frontman, he owned the place ...he's a star in his own right.

PS~NR probably would've stolen the show if they had had the #2 position and were
able to extend their set past 7/8 songs. As it was, they left me unfinished and
frustrated
...they were incredible while in action, though!! :wink:

It's should be a crime when that happens to a woman. :wink:
KenTheDude
Cassette Tape

Postby JohnH » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:33 am

Having read Lou's comments about Mick's alcohol issues a few years back, I just have a suspicious feeling that Mick may be in rehab. Whatever it is I hope it gets better.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby Slander » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:25 am

Red13JoePa wrote:Why? they're killing it live, have a good new 3-disc package out, have 2 stand alone live DVDs, 2 live albums, and 2 years removed from a positively accepted studio record that had songs that charted.

Well Put Red. I couldn't agree more. Kelly has done wonders for the band. He MORE than does the songs justice. I love Lou, and will always love Lou, but THAT WAS YESTERDAY.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:41 am

But there's this, and quote Rock in Rocky II: "Wonder how Mick's doin'?"

Haven't heard word one about Mick's health.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Yoda » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:51 am

If this is true, I sure hope Mick gets the help he needs. He's a very talented songwriter and the world needs more guys like him in the music business!
“Do or do not... there is no try.”
Yoda
8 Track

Postby mrsromek » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:51 am

I know they're coming to the HOB in Chicago in January. Can they really fill it? I saw them at the Arcada in St. Charles in March, and there were some seats.
mrsromek
45 RPM

Postby DarrenUK » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Heart bypass surgery ..... nothing to do with rehab, how many musicians would tour with heart issues, not that many for sure
DarrenUK
Cassette Tape

Postby sniper16 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:12 pm

get the feeling micks done, and they just don't want to announced it, but ive seen them about 7 times in the last 18 months, great live band and Kelly is a star
sniper16
8 Track

Postby JohnH » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:45 am

DarrenUK wrote:Heart bypass surgery ..... nothing to do with rehab, how many musicians would tour with heart issues, not that many for sure

Yes I was wrong. Changing the subject: Never thought I'd see the day that one of my bands turned fake and turned into the Platters, Drifters and Coasters, but here we are . It probably started with Molly Hatchet, but at least they got Dave back. Foreigner must be th biggest band ever to go the Coasters route. Browsing the Foreigner online forum there is still no sign of Mick coming back permanently yet.

http://www.bowzerparty.com/truth_in_music.htm
JohnH
8 Track

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara