I Admit The Sandusky Situation Is A Bad Look.

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

I Admit The Sandusky Situation Is A Bad Look.

Postby Red13JoePa » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:07 am

Distruaght over this but still support the school til the end.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:15 am

As do I. I'm damn proud of my Penn State degree and we are more than just a football program. That disgusting creep should fry for what he did as well as the officials for not calling the cops.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:24 am

ebake02 wrote:As do I. I'm damn proud of my Penn State degree and we are more than just a football program. That disgusting creep should fry for what he did as well as the officials for not calling the cops.

MAJOR rush to jusdgement by the PSU-hating, jealous Temple alum infested Philly media...
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:34 am

Red13JoePa wrote:
ebake02 wrote:As do I. I'm damn proud of my Penn State degree and we are more than just a football program. That disgusting creep should fry for what he did as well as the officials for not calling the cops.

MAJOR rush to jusdgement by the PSU-hating, jealous Temple alum infested Philly media...

The people calling for JoePa's head is getting ahead of themselves too. I agree that some people need to lose their jobs over this but he is not one of them. There really isn't much you can do with second information that someone else told you.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:39 am

Agreed. He reported it to a superior.

People wanna see JoePa take the fall though. Listening and reading down here in Philly Joe was all but plucking kids from playpens and handing them to Sandusky.
Last edited by Red13JoePa on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:46 am

All everybody is seeing in what the Attorney General's office want's everybody to see. For all we know somebody at PSU did go to the cops but nothing was done. How many other times have we saw that happen?
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:54 am

ebake02 wrote: For all we know somebody at PSU did go to the cops but nothing was done.

Agreed. We don't know the whole story yet about Joe's actions/responses or lack thereof.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Michigan Girl » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:02 am

I heard Joepa reported what he was told (because he did not witness the act himself)
to the athletic director/Curley, and was NOT a suspect. I absolutely believe he did the right
thing ...I must not have heard updates?!?
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:09 am

Press conference @1 pm.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Ehwmatt » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:13 am

I haven't really read the details of the story at all. One thing I'm hearing people complain about is JoePa allegedly "reported it once" and washed his hands of it, never checking back in a couple weeks after no apparent action was taken. What's the deal with that?

In the end, at least he reported it. But if he really didn't follow up at all, that's a little disturbing. But I don't know the facts.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:32 am

Ehwmatt wrote:I haven't really read the details of the story at all. One thing I'm hearing people complain about is JoePa allegedly "reported it once" and washed his hands of it, never checking back in a couple weeks after no apparent action was taken. What's the deal with that?

In the end, at least he reported it. But if he really didn't follow up at all, that's a little disturbing. But I don't know the facts.

I heard that he called the Athletic Director and then later went to his office about it.
ebake02
Stereo LP

Re: I Admit The Sandusky Situation Is A Bad Look.

Postby ebake02 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:32 am

Red13JoePa wrote:Distruaght over this but still support the school til the end.

Are you Alumni?
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby DrFU » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:36 am

Michigan Girl wrote:I heard Joepa reported what he was told (because he did not witness the act himself)
to the athletic director/Curley, and was NOT a suspect. I absolutely believe he did the right

Not good enough if you are in a leadership position and suspected child abuse in involved.

The Washington Post has the text of the grand jury findings. There just are no words to describe how horrible and heartbreaking this is.
DrFU
Stereo LP

Postby Rockindeano » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:44 am

DrFU wrote:
Michigan Girl wrote:I heard Joepa reported what he was told (because he did not witness the act himself)

Not good enough if you are in a leadership position.
The Washington Post has the text of the grand jury findings. There just are no words to describe how horrible and heartbreaking this is.

Bingo. Leadership position, ie, Joe Paterno. The most powerful man in the state of Pennsylvania, and maybe even all of sports. Just reporting this isn't good enough. He will undoubtedly go down for this. Not saying he is criminally at fault, but this shows a true lack of moral obligation on the part of the old man. "Reporting" this to your "superior" is bullshit Joe. YOU are the "Superior. The program is YOURS. The AD works for you. Sorry 13, I can't see Paterno surviving this at all, and I do think his legacy will be tainted as a result. If you (Joe Paterno), know of a 60 year old man in the shower with a 10 year old boy, and the shower is in the Penn State lockerroom, then YOU are responsible for not taking any real action.
Last edited by Rockindeano on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby ebake02 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:46 am

DrFU wrote:

Not good enough if you are in a leadership position and suspected child abuse in involved.

It wouldn't have done any good. The first thing the cops would've asked him is if he witnessed it himself. Since he obviously didn't, the cops wouldn't have done anything anyway. The grad assistant who walked in on it is the only person who could have gone to the cops and got something accomplished.
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby DrFU » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:01 am

ebake02 wrote:
DrFU wrote:

It wouldn't have done any good. The first thing the cops would've asked him is if he witnessed it himself. Since he obviously didn't, the cops wouldn't have done anything anyway. The grad assistant who walked in on it is the only person who could have gone to the cops and got something accomplished.

Not true. Child abuse is seldom witnessed directly. School administrators are required by state law to report suspected abuse in Pennsylvania and 47 other states, as are health care professionals, clergy, counselors, and other professionals who deal with families and children. In my state the report goes to Children's Protective Services, not the police. They determine whether an investigation is required.
DrFU
Stereo LP

Postby Michigan Girl » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:46 am

Have not read the docs ...no doubt they will make me ill!!
I do not know what Joepa did not do past the point of
reporting the incident, as reported to him, to his athletic director.
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby S2M » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:59 am

I'm hearing this stuff goes back to '09... :shock:

I meant '90....9 and 0 wrong places.
Last edited by S2M on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:10 am

Could go back to the mid '90s.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Don » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:14 am

I was a Penn State fan growing up. Joe needs to announce his retirement immediately. Don't even finish the season out. He's got the wins record (well, at least the one the counts).

Joe is/was Penn State. As soon as he heard the allegation, he should have picked up his rod and had the guy cast out of the school. This is a major fail for the old man.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby mikemarrs » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:30 am

Damn and to think he had a hell of a legacy until this happened.First i heard of this was just now reading here but if this has something to do with kids being messed with and Paterno knew about it then he must step down at once.NO EXCUSES
mikemarrs
Stereo LP

Postby steveo777 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:08 am

From Penn state to state penn. :shock: :evil:
steveo777
MP3

Postby Maui Tom » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:46 am

this sounds like one of those bad earthquakes in impoverished countries when early reports say 23 dead and more missing...you just KNOW the final tally is going to be heartbreaking....

I get the same feel for this...when it's all said and done....
Your life is now your life is now your life is now
Maui Tom
Cassette Tape

Postby SteveForever » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:37 pm

I became physically ill after reading because I have always admired Coach Paterno. I can't believe these children had to endure this. Sandusky should just take care of this himself.
SteveForever
Stereo LP

Postby geminix » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Ironic, dontcha think?
geminix
Ol' 78

Postby LtVanish » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:10 pm

Isn't there "mandated reporter" laws for teachers? If you you suspect abuse, it is your legal obligation to report the abuse because your first and most important job is to protect children.
One would assume if you have a soul and you knew a child, if not multiple children, were being sexually abused, your first inclination should be to protect the child. Sadly, at Penn State, their first, and seemingly only, motivation was to protect their program. It is disgusting.

And what is with the GA calling his dad when he saw a child being raped? Who in their right mind wouldn't just call the police to stop the act and get the child to safety? Sick.

The whole story is horrifying and everyone involved should be, at the very least fired, and many should be imprisoned.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:19 am

Sandusky had been investigated, at least twice, prior to this arrest and
cleared ...I can see where people would be extremely cautious/guarded
as a result ...or possibly unintentionally overlook signs/red flags because
what kind of evidence did they need for Christ sake in order to charge the
guy. One of the people who reported him was a mother, a mother allowed
conversations to be recorded ...A MOTHER and still nothing

It's easy to point fingers now and say what coulda/shoulda happened ...from
what I read, a system failed!!
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 am

LtVanish wrote:And what is with the GA calling his dad when he saw a child being raped? Who in their right mind wouldn't just call the police to stop the act and get the child to safety? Sick.

I read this and thought ...I would've screamed for help, jumped on his ass, something ...but
I wasn't wearing his shoes ...it makes one angry for sure!!
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:40 am

Michigan Girl wrote: ...from

On an EPIC level.

From what I can see Joe is the only one who tried to do something about this man.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:48 am

Red13JoePa wrote:
Michigan Girl wrote: ...from

On an EPIC level.

From what I can see Joe is the only one who tried to do something about this man.

Give me a fucking break! Paterno is gone. His program, his responsibility. He was more worried about dollars and perception for PSU football, so he went "through the motions" of "reporting this atrocity." He is over.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Next

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara