I Admit The Sandusky Situation Is A Bad Look.

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Postby perryswoman » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:21 am

This is beyond sick. I hope they all fry.
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:25 am
Location: sc

Postby steveo777 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:28 am

Fact Finder wrote:Breaking News


All Centre County Common Pleas Court judges recuse themselves in Jerry Sandusky abuse case - AP



What the hell does that mean, no Judges want to hear the case?
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 11311
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Postby Don » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:34 am

steveo777 wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Breaking News


All Centre County Common Pleas Court judges recuse themselves in Jerry Sandusky abuse case - AP



What the hell does that mean, no Judges want to hear the case?


"are intended to avoid any appearance of conflict of interest due to real or perceived connections to the defendant, the Second Mile charity, or the Pennsylvania State University,"
Don
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 24896
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:01 pm

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:34 am

I think the media has handled the Syracuse coverage correctly (well, aside from the fact that ESPN apparently knew of the alleged sexual assaults years ago and did nothing/told noone), even though there exists the smoking gun of the phone call tape with Fine's wife.
They have correctly held back on lynching Jim Boeheim, calling for the program and in fact school itself to be shutdown and anyone ever associated with Fine to be jailed until ALL THE FACTS ARE OUT.

Sad the Penn St situation was not treated the same way.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3
 
Posts: 11646
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Happy Valley

Postby Seven Wishes2 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:39 am

Everyone ever associated with Fine? Jeez, man. WTF?

If this perv's wife was the only one who knew this was going on, how can you even compare it to what happened at Penn State? You can't shut the program down because one coach is a pedophile, especially if no one else witnessed it and/or knew about it. Different situation.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe."
---Albert Einstein
User avatar
Seven Wishes2
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:49 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Postby Red13JoePa » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:41 am

Not arguing with you one bit.

Just saying sad Paterno and PSU haven't been afforded same benefit of doubt Boeheim and Syracuse are getting.

Could it be all the Syracuse alums emplyed @ESPN?
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3
 
Posts: 11646
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Happy Valley

Postby hoagiepete » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:12 am

Fact Finder wrote:PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- The first sex-abuse lawsuit filed against ex-Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky comes from a man who says the coach abused him more than 100 times.

The man met Sandusky at age 10 and is now under 30. He is not among the eight victims mentioned in a grand jury report.

The man says Sandusky abused him in a Penn State locker room, on trips to Philadelphia and a bowl game, and at the Sandusky home.

The suit also names the university and The Second Mile charity as defendants. The man says he knew the coach through the children's charity, and that the abuse occurred from 1992 to 1996.

Sandusky is charged with sexually abusing eight boys over a 15-year period. He acknowledges he showered with boys but denies molesting them.


I am by no means defending the creep, but "over 100 times?!" Come on! why didn't anyone rat this guy out? Seems odd. Now it appears to be gold digging .
hoagiepete
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:16 am

Postby Ehwmatt » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:20 am

hoagiepete wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- The first sex-abuse lawsuit filed against ex-Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky comes from a man who says the coach abused him more than 100 times.

The man met Sandusky at age 10 and is now under 30. He is not among the eight victims mentioned in a grand jury report.

The man says Sandusky abused him in a Penn State locker room, on trips to Philadelphia and a bowl game, and at the Sandusky home.

The suit also names the university and The Second Mile charity as defendants. The man says he knew the coach through the children's charity, and that the abuse occurred from 1992 to 1996.

Sandusky is charged with sexually abusing eight boys over a 15-year period. He acknowledges he showered with boys but denies molesting them.


I am by no means defending the creep, but "over 100 times?!" Come on! why didn't anyone rat this guy out? Seems odd. Now it appears to be gold digging .


I'm not one to buy into psychological gobbledygook, but abuse/rape is chronically underreported across the spectrum (women, children, men, etc). I don't doubt there might be some legal gold-digging arising out of this case, but the mere fact of non-reporting doesn't rule anyone out as a possible victim imo.
User avatar
Ehwmatt
MP3
 
Posts: 10896
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:20 am

Red13JoePa wrote:Not arguing with you one bit.

Just saying sad Paterno and PSU haven't been afforded same benefit of doubt Boeheim and Syracuse are getting.

Could it be all the Syracuse alums emplyed @ESPN?


ESPN is run by a bunch of assholes. There's nothing impartial about them. They always play favorites. They have no integrity what-so-ever.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3630
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Postby ebake02 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Red13JoePa wrote:Not arguing with you one bit.

Just saying sad Paterno and PSU haven't been afforded same benefit of doubt Boeheim and Syracuse are getting.

Could it be all the Syracuse alums emplyed @ESPN?


I'm quite pissed about this too. JoePa does his duty and reports what he knows to his superiors; and gets fired and ripped apart by the media but Boeheim can call Fine's victims "gold digging lairs" and still keep his job. :evil: That's fucked up....
Last edited by ebake02 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2787
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: North Central PA

Postby Seven Wishes2 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:58 pm

It's all about who knew what when, I think.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe."
---Albert Einstein
User avatar
Seven Wishes2
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:49 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Postby geminix » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:53 pm

Red13JoePa wrote:Not arguing with you one bit.

Just saying sad Paterno and PSU haven't been afforded same benefit of doubt Boeheim and Syracuse are getting.

Could it be all the Syracuse alums emplyed @ESPN?


Or maybe that the former Chief of Police in Syracuse NY Dennis Duval is the 19th leading scorer of all time for Syracuse and played for Boeheim? I heard that nice little tidbit on 97.5fm the fanatic in Philly earlier tonight. Full story below.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/2 ... ir=College
User avatar
geminix
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:11 am
Location: Georgia

Postby ebake02 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:21 am

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/daily-t ... not-others


Media Outlets, Including ESPN, Kept Some Standards In The Syracuse Case -- But Not Others


For eight years, two news organizations possessed an audio tape that screamed something was horrifically wrong -- that Bernie Fine, an assistant basketball coach for Syracuse University, might have sexually abused a teenage boy. Yet, for all that time, neither ESPN nor the Post-Standard newspaper of Syracuse reported the tape to anyone, authorities included.

The immediate question is, why not? If the media are rightly aghast that Penn State football coach Joe Paterno didn't take enough action with his knowledge of Jerry Sandusky's alleged molestations, shouldn't news outlets be held to the same standard regarding Bernie Fine?

On the tape, Bobby Davis, a former ball boy for the Syracuse basketball team, has a conversation with Fine's wife, Laurie, which provides a strong indication she knew about the alleged molestations.

"I know everything that went on, you know," Laurie Fine says on the tape. "I know everything that went on with him. … Bernie has issues, maybe that he's not aware of, but he has issues." Asked by Davis if he's the only person Bernie Fine sexually abused, Laurie Fine says, "No … I think there might have been others."

Paterno was fired for not taking enough action in 2002 when he failed to notify authorities of alleged sexual abuse by Sandusky, a former assistant coach under him. The same questions of inaction are now being raised regarding ESPN and the Post-Standard, both of which were at least aware of Bernie Fine's alleged misconduct as early as 2003.

Even if they didn't have enough corroborating evidence to publish a story, shouldn't they have turned the tape over to law enforcement authorities?
ThePostGame brings you the most interesting sports stories on the web.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to read them first!

Isn't there an obligation to do so when the alleged victim is a minor? Especially when you possess an audio tape on which the alleged abuser's wife says, "I think there might have been others?"

As in the case of Paterno and Penn State, the timeline is important.

On Nov. 27, both ESPN and the Post-Standard released the audio taped phone conversation between Davis and Laurie Fine. The conversation reportedly took place in 2002. Shortly thereafter, Davis provided the Post-Standard with a copy of the tape. He provided ESPN with a copy in 2003.

According to reports, beginning in 2002 the Post-Standard conducted a six-month investigation into the allegations, which included an interview with Laurie Fine. She confirmed her conversation with Davis, but denied some of the remarks on the tape. The paper chose not to publish a story because it could not verify the allegations. The Post-Standard reportedly did not go to the police with the tape.

ESPN has a similar reason for not going ahead with the story eight years ago. According to Vince Doria (pictured at left), ESPN's director of news, Davis brought the allegations to ESPN's attention in 2003 and provided three people he said would corroborate his story. "Those sources either told us that was not the case or would not talk with us," Doria said in an online discussion released by ESPN.

Doria said that while the audio recording "was clearly a damning tape in terms of [Laurie Fine's] characterization of her husband," she "never directly acknowledged to have witnessed any of these actions first-hand." Because of that and the fact that ESPN did not generate the tape and could not verify its validity -- the network says it did not have a baseline of Laurie Fine's voice to compare it with in order to authenticate it -- "we felt in 2003 that the material we had did not meet the standards for reporting the story," Doria said.

ESPN says it did not notify authorities of the allegations because Davis had gone to the Syracuse police in 2002 and been told the statute of limitations had expired. (In New York, the statute of limitations is five years.) "So we were fully under the impression that the police had been made aware of the story and had decided not to pursue it," Doria said.

Fast forward eight years. Prompted by the Penn State abuse scandal, a friend of Davis' came forward to corroborate his story one day after Paterno was fired. During the next two weeks, two more men accused Bernie Fine of molesting them. The second prompted federal prosecutors to obtain a warrant to search Fine's house. On Nov. 27, the Post-Standard and ESPN, having obtained a baseline of Laurie Fine's voice that allowed them to verify the tape's authentication, felt they had enough information to publish stories about the 2002 phone conversation between Davis and Fine.

Now ESPN and the Post-Standard find themselves in a situation eerily similar to the one that got Paterno fired and earned him a visceral beating from the media -- including ESPN.

"This wasn't a case of Paterno choosing to ignore allegations of booster payments to a player or improper grade changes by a professor," ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach wrote the day of Paterno's firing. "Paterno's inaction allegedly involved one of the most heinous crimes a person can commit -- the rape of a child. While Paterno has not been accused of legal wrongdoing -- authorities have said he cooperated during the investigation – he is guilty of gross indifference, if nothing else. Morally, Paterno should have done more …"

There is certainly a separation between journalistic responsibility and moral obligation. In the case of Bernie Fine, neither ESPN nor the Post-Standard felt they had enough information to publish a story that would effectively change a man's life forever. There was no eye witness, as there was to Sandusky's alleged abuse, so to their credit neither news outlet went forward with a story based on unsubstantiated allegations.

Still, for eight years they sat on the tape while Bernie Fine roamed free.

The Post-Standard at least interviewed Laurie Fine in 2003 about the content of the tape. ESPN did not and only attempted to authenticate its validity within the last 10 days. Asked why it took eight years to attempt to authenticate the tape, an ESPN spokesman replied, "Confirming that it was her wasn't [enough] to make us report [the story]."

In his online discussion of the Syracuse story, Doria states: "All journalists could be asking themselves this very same question: What role should journalists play in providing information that may or may not have been reported? It's complex and something we must continue to evaluate."

Yes, a distinction must be made between the standard for reporting a story and the moral obligation to report a potential sex crime against minors. Still, if we, the media, are going to hold the likes of Joe Paterno to a certain standard, then we'd better hold ourselves up to the same standard. We may be a part of the "media," but we're people first.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2787
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: North Central PA

Postby perryswoman » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:56 am

Although the bail is still way too low inmo, at least he will have a moniotr. He's gonna fry for sure
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:25 am
Location: sc

Postby KenTheDude » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:53 am

perryswoman wrote:Although the bail is still way too low inmo, at least he will have a moniotr. He's gonna fry for sure


If he doesn't commit suicide first.
User avatar
KenTheDude
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1737
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:55 pm
Location: Texas

Postby Ehwmatt » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:03 am

KenTheDude wrote:
perryswoman wrote:Although the bail is still way too low inmo, at least he will have a moniotr. He's gonna fry for sure


If he doesn't commit suicide first.


Frankly, I'm shocked that he didn't do it while out on bail for the last 3~ weeks. That was my first thought upon hearing he posted bail. Shocked he hasn't. I still haven't ruled out the possibility that there are more sinister things at work here. Has Sandusky's family been threatened if he talks or kills himself (i.e., not taking the fall for this thing)?
User avatar
Ehwmatt
MP3
 
Posts: 10896
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Postby Ehwmatt » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:21 am

Fact Finder wrote:Image


That pic just makes your skin crawl.
User avatar
Ehwmatt
MP3
 
Posts: 10896
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Postby parfait » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:39 am

Say what you want about him, but it's well known that Sandusky was the best at making tight ends into wide receivers.
User avatar
parfait
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:38 pm
Location: France

Postby verslibre » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:55 am

Fact Finder wrote:At the Sandusky home, the boy said he was forced to stay in the basement at all times, and was even brought his meals there by Sandusky and told not to leave. He testified that he had little contact with Dottie Sandusky, Jerry's wife, and that she never came to the basement. Sandusky allegedly sexually assaulted the boy in the basement bedroom numerous times, including forcible rape. On one occasion, the boy screamed for help, hoping Dottie Sandusky would hear him from upstairs, but she did not come downstairs, he said.


:x Is the next headline going to be Parent of Victim X Forces Sandusky To Perform Fellatio On A Shotgun Barrel?

And this guy insists he's NOT a pedo?
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6497
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Postby perryswoman » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:18 am

parfait wrote:Say what you want about him, but it's well known that Sandusky was the best at making tight ends into wide receivers.


Great he can do it in Prison where he will die!
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:25 am
Location: sc

Postby verslibre » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:30 am

parfait wrote:Say what you want about him, but it's well known that Sandusky was the best at making tight ends into wide receivers.


Not an original joke by any means.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6497
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Postby G.I.Jim » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:31 am

Everyone that posted in this thread (minus this poster) took it in the butt!!! :lol: :wink: I'm just being a smart-ass of course. Anyone convicted of this shit needs to go to prison and share a cell with Bubba. Pretty sick. I hope all involved (and the school especially) pay up to all involved. What a sick fucker. :?
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3
 
Posts: 10100
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Your Momma's house

Postby steveo777 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:54 pm

I can't fathom how anyone can be so disgusting as to enjoy sticking their crank in a little boy's butt. :evil:
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 11311
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Postby Red13JoePa » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:28 am

Ehwmatt wrote:
KenTheDude wrote:
perryswoman wrote:Although the bail is still way too low inmo, at least he will have a moniotr. He's gonna fry for sure


If he doesn't commit suicide first.


Frankly, I'm shocked that he didn't do it while out on bail for the last 3~ weeks. That was my first thought upon hearing he posted bail. Shocked he hasn't. I still haven't ruled out the possibility that there are more sinister things at work here. Has Sandusky's family been threatened if he talks or kills himself (i.e., not taking the fall for this thing)?


Agreed...I am CERTAIN if he's still not up to his tricks, he is DAMN well trying to....just too much heat now.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3
 
Posts: 11646
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Happy Valley

Postby Ehwmatt » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:43 am

Now that she's been implicated in at least being a passive enabler, Sandusky's C U NT wife decides to speak up NOW after over a month has passed denying all the charges? Sorry "Dottie" (what a crusty old C U NT of a name btw), no one's buying it. I hope you rot in jail too you twat.
User avatar
Ehwmatt
MP3
 
Posts: 10896
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Postby Michigan Girl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:29 am

ebake02 wrote:Yes, a distinction must be made between the standard for reporting a story and the moral obligation to report a potential sex crime against minors. Still, if we, the media, are going to hold the likes of Joe Paterno to a certain standard, then we'd better hold ourselves up to the same standard. We may be a part of the "media," but we're people first.

Damn right ...what goes around comes around, people ...may not be a scripture from
the bible, but the devil will get yo ass!! :evil:
Michigan Girl
MP3
 
Posts: 13963
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:36 am

Postby Michigan Girl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:32 am

G.I.Jim wrote:Everyone that posted in this thread (minus this poster) took it in the butt!!! :lol: :wink: I'm just being a smart-ass of course. Anyone convicted of this shit needs to go to prison and share a cell with Bubba. Pretty sick. I hope all involved (and the school especially) pay up to all involved. What a sick fucker. :?
He is a sick fucker ...you and I may even know a sick fucker or two!! :shock:
Michigan Girl
MP3
 
Posts: 13963
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:36 am

Postby Michigan Girl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:33 am

Ehwmatt wrote:Now that she's been implicated in at least being a passive enabler, Sandusky's C U NT wife decides to speak up NOW after over a month has passed denying all the charges? Sorry "Dottie" (what a crusty old C U NT of a name btw), no one's buying it. I hope you rot in jail too you twat.

Damn my parents ... :wink:
Michigan Girl
MP3
 
Posts: 13963
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:36 am

Postby G.I.Jim » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:48 am

Michigan Girl wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:Everyone that posted in this thread (minus this poster) took it in the butt!!! :lol: :wink: I'm just being a smart-ass of course. Anyone convicted of this shit needs to go to prison and share a cell with Bubba. Pretty sick. I hope all involved (and the school especially) pay up to all involved. What a sick fucker. :?
He is a sick fucker ...you and I may even know a sick fucker or two!! :shock:


??? :shock: I don't get it? :lol: And what's up with that potty mouth girl? Only I'm supposed to talk like that when I drunk post! :D :wink:
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3
 
Posts: 10100
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Your Momma's house

Postby Ehwmatt » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:51 am

Michigan Girl wrote:
Ehwmatt wrote:Now that she's been implicated in at least being a passive enabler, Sandusky's C U NT wife decides to speak up NOW after over a month has passed denying all the charges? Sorry "Dottie" (what a crusty old C U NT of a name btw), no one's buying it. I hope you rot in jail too you twat.

Damn my parents ... :wink:


Oh can it you, your name is Christine or something isn't it?
User avatar
Ehwmatt
MP3
 
Posts: 10896
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 1 guest