I Admit The Sandusky Situation Is A Bad Look.

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:12 am

G.I.Jim wrote:
Michigan Girl wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:Everyone that posted in this thread (minus this poster) took it in the butt!!! :lol: :wink: I'm just being a smart-ass of course. Anyone convicted of this shit needs to go to prison and share a cell with Bubba. Pretty sick. I hope all involved (and the school especially) pay up to all involved. What a sick fucker. :?
He is a sick fucker ...you and I may even know a sick fucker or two!! :shock:

??? :shock: I don't get it? :lol: And what's up with that potty mouth girl? Only I'm supposed to talk like that when I drunk post! :D :wink:

No subliminal messages or insinuations, my point is that any one of us could know someone, seemingly wonderful, with
a very dark side and be totally unaware of "the secret" ... I, for one, know that I don't want to be judged based
on the character of another ...

RE: sick fucker ...I was quoting you!!

lol ...I don't drink at work!! :wink:
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:14 am

Ehwmatt wrote:
Michigan Girl wrote:
Ehwmatt wrote:Now that she's been implicated in at least being a passive enabler, Sandusky's C U NT wife decides to speak up NOW after over a month has passed denying all the charges? Sorry "Dottie" (what a crusty old C U NT of a name btw), no one's buying it. I hope you rot in jail too you twat.

Damn my parents ... :wink:

Oh can it you, your name is Christine or something isn't it?

:lol: ...just joshing you!!
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Michigan Girl » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:45 am

I'm pretty sure FF should be posting a news report featuring Sandusky's atty. and basic hygiene skills!! :wink:
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby slucero » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:59 pm

just saw that...

JoePa.... say goodbye to your legacy... and deservedly so.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Michigan Girl » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:05 am

Fact Finder wrote:It appears Penn. St. did the right thing in letting JoePa go...to bad Joe didnt do the right thing 9 years ago.

#BREAKING: Paterno: "I knew innapropriate action was taken by Jerry Sandusky with a youngster."

Submitted 1 hour agofrom twitter.com/PeterAlexander by editor

Was watching the play by play yesterday and I don't recall hearing this quote ...
it's incomplete, perhaps!?!
Have not heard anything that turns me, yet!!

*edit*

http://trendingsearches.net/joe-paterno ... ted-a-day/

In the testimony, Joe Paterno said he “knew inappropriate action was taken by Jerry Sandusky with a youngster” after a meeting with then-graduate assistant Mike McQueary, who allegedly saw Sandusky sexually abusing a boy in a locker room shower the previous night, but did not inform police and waited at least a day to inform his boss, athletic director Tim Curley, because he “didn’t want to interfere with their weekends.”

This?! ^^^^Nothing new, sorry Pete!!
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:37 am

Michigan Girl wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:It appears Penn. St. did the right thing in letting JoePa go...to bad Joe didnt do the right thing 9 years ago.

#BREAKING: Paterno: "I knew innapropriate action was taken by Jerry Sandusky with a youngster."

Submitted 1 hour agofrom twitter.com/PeterAlexander by editor

Was watching the play by play yesterday and I don't recall hearing this quote ...

This is the only place I've seen this "quote" as well. Not saying FF made it up either just haven't heard it anywhere else.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Michigan Girl » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:41 am

Peter Alexander tweeted a portion of a quote and called it breaking
news ...legal, even if said quote is taken out of context (contextomy/quote mining)..
and reported weeks later :?

contextomy~though rarely employed to this malicious extreme, contextomy is a common method of misrepresentation in
contemporary mass media, and studies have demonstrated that the effects of this misrepresentation can linger even after
the audience is exposed to the original, in context, quote

M-m-m-!!
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:50 am

Very interesting Michigan Girl.
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby DrFU » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:11 pm

DrFU
Stereo LP

Postby Michigan Girl » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:02 am

Great article, thanks, FU ...made me tear!!

Absolutley everything that I knew in my heart!!
I hope someone rights this wrong, before his demise ...
for the children, the university and Joepa!!

The Paternos say they think about the real potential victims every time they look at their own children.
“I got three boys and two girls,” Paterno said. “It’s sickening.” His knee-jerk response is to go back to
Flatbush. “Violence is not the way to handle it,” he said. “But for me, I’d get a bunch of guys and say let’s go
punch somebody in the nose.” Sue Paterno is more blunt. “If someone touched my child, there wouldn’t be a trial,
I would have killed them,” she said. “That would be my attitude, because you have destroyed someone for life.”
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:41 am

Here's another fantasic article/viewpoint that was brought to my attention, this one by Lavar Arrington.
It's just the opinion/viewpoint of one man, but I'm hanging on to my belief in Joepa, you haters can let
me have it in the event it's discovered he's a liar!! :wink:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/har ... _blog.html

As you all can imagine, the Penn State child sex abuse scandal has been a very taxing time for so many people, including myself. Emotions have been running high in the aftermath of everything that has happened over the last months, and it was interesting to receive some perspective from my old coach.

While reading Sally Jenkins’s interview with Joe Paterno, I naturally cross-referenced some of his answers with my memories, as I was there from 1997-99 — the time an investigation of Sandusky had taken place. Of course, coaches are more in the know about information pertaining to the team than players, so I can't confirm for coaches but I honestly believe that Paterno did not know of the investigation. State College, Pa., is a very small place. If knowledge of the investigation had surfaced in any way it would have leaked out and everyone would have known, basically the same way everything has unfolded now. I know that players on the team definitely had no knowledge of any information like this. Again, any news was news in our locker room so it would have spread like crazy among players.

As Penn State football players we were held to such a high standards and would be conveniently reminded through something called “awareness training,” which was a training session specifically designed for those who fell below that standard set for us. It was a clear message to do things right or suffer the consequences.

Because as players we were held to that standard and were disciplined if we wavered, we had no problem with pointing out double standards. If the players had known about any coaches doing wrong, we would have demanded an explanation.

My understanding as it pertained to Jerry Sandusky's retirement, which also was my final year there, was kind of along the same lines as what Paterno said. I was under the impression that after Sandusky realized that Paterno was planning on staying and that he would not have the chance to be head coach, with such a talented group on defense and so many graduating at the end of the year, this would be the perfect time for him to leave. Maybe that's some of my ego involved, but we were a talented group which boasted the No. 1 and No. 2 picks in the 2000 draft along with more draft picks off that defense. So it didn't seem strange at all that he would leave after the 1999 season, especially how active he was with The Second Mile. I figured he'd do that for a few years and then go coach somewhere else.

Reading the interview and knowing the man doing the interview, it came across that his answers were his answers. Coach Paterno is a face-value type of guy. It's well documented that Joe and I weren't the best of friends — I was never one of his favorites — but he never lied to me. There's not one time I can recall that Joe Paterno lied to me. Made me mad? Yes. Got under my skin? Yes. Challenged me and pushed me to be more than just a football player? Yes. He never lied to me. As a matter of fact, his sometimes-painful honesty is partly why I'm so blunt in my responses to questions at times.

I could also feel Coach Paterno’s pain through his words in the interview. So many people have rushed to judge of him and the entire situation. Knowing Coach, he's probably more upset about the negative view of the school rather than himself. He loves Penn State so much and he dedicated his life to making it a great place to be educated — not a boast, just the truth. After all, his hard work, effort and yes, his money, made the place what it is today.

I am not a Joe Paterno apologist, but I do know that he stood for right and taught right and my interpretation of the tone of his interview was it's a man offering his truth as he fights lung cancer. God forbid anything happened to him before all of the facts come out, but it seems as though he has told his side and people can take it or leave it, but at the least he did offer how he saw the situation.

It’s my opinion that Paterno and the football program that he built have been offered up as a sacrificial lamb to the media and the public by those who should've made sure that this situation was handled properly. It's so apparent that the easiest way to distance themselves from the truth is to allow others to shoulder the weight of their insufficiencies. After all, nobody knows the names of the decision makers, but everyone knows Joe Paterno.

Looking at how things have been handled by the board of trustees since the arrest of Jerry Sandusky, along with the handling of the search for a coach, all roads they choose seem to lead to dead ends, and that's why they have taken so long to make decisions and have received so much criticism from alumni and current students. It's not right how these people used him, and for that matter, Penn State football. But it will all come out in the wash eventually, and I hope Paterno is around to see it happen.
They say that those things built upon solid foundations can endure all kinds of catastrophes, so if what Joe has built is truly real, it will take way more than the evil actions of a few to tear down what he spent a lifetime building.
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:42 am

Joe shoulda had more gray put into that wig.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby RPM » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Michigan Girl wrote:Here's another fantasic article/viewpoint that was brought to my attention, this one by Lavar Arrington.
It's just the opinion/viewpoint of one man, but I'm hanging on to my belief in Joepa, you haters can let
me have it in the event it's discovered he's a liar!! :wink:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/har ... _blog.html

As you all can imagine, the Penn State child sex abuse scandal has been a very taxing time for so many people, including myself. Emotions have been running high in the aftermath of everything that has happened over the last months, and it was interesting to receive some perspective from my old coach.

While reading Sally Jenkins’s interview with Joe Paterno, I naturally cross-referenced some of his answers with my memories, as I was there from 1997-99 — the time an investigation of Sandusky had taken place. Of course, coaches are more in the know about information pertaining to the team than players, so I can't confirm for coaches but I honestly believe that Paterno did not know of the investigation. State College, Pa., is a very small place. If knowledge of the investigation had surfaced in any way it would have leaked out and everyone would have known, basically the same way everything has unfolded now. I know that players on the team definitely had no knowledge of any information like this. Again, any news was news in our locker room so it would have spread like crazy among players.

As Penn State football players we were held to such a high standards and would be conveniently reminded through something called “awareness training,” which was a training session specifically designed for those who fell below that standard set for us. It was a clear message to do things right or suffer the consequences.

Because as players we were held to that standard and were disciplined if we wavered, we had no problem with pointing out double standards. If the players had known about any coaches doing wrong, we would have demanded an explanation.

My understanding as it pertained to Jerry Sandusky's retirement, which also was my final year there, was kind of along the same lines as what Paterno said. I was under the impression that after Sandusky realized that Paterno was planning on staying and that he would not have the chance to be head coach, with such a talented group on defense and so many graduating at the end of the year, this would be the perfect time for him to leave. Maybe that's some of my ego involved, but we were a talented group which boasted the No. 1 and No. 2 picks in the 2000 draft along with more draft picks off that defense. So it didn't seem strange at all that he would leave after the 1999 season, especially how active he was with The Second Mile. I figured he'd do that for a few years and then go coach somewhere else.

Reading the interview and knowing the man doing the interview, it came across that his answers were his answers. Coach Paterno is a face-value type of guy. It's well documented that Joe and I weren't the best of friends — I was never one of his favorites — but he never lied to me. There's not one time I can recall that Joe Paterno lied to me. Made me mad? Yes. Got under my skin? Yes. Challenged me and pushed me to be more than just a football player? Yes. He never lied to me. As a matter of fact, his sometimes-painful honesty is partly why I'm so blunt in my responses to questions at times.

I could also feel Coach Paterno’s pain through his words in the interview. So many people have rushed to judge of him and the entire situation. Knowing Coach, he's probably more upset about the negative view of the school rather than himself. He loves Penn State so much and he dedicated his life to making it a great place to be educated — not a boast, just the truth. After all, his hard work, effort and yes, his money, made the place what it is today.

I am not a Joe Paterno apologist, but I do know that he stood for right and taught right and my interpretation of the tone of his interview was it's a man offering his truth as he fights lung cancer. God forbid anything happened to him before all of the facts come out, but it seems as though he has told his side and people can take it or leave it, but at the least he did offer how he saw the situation.

It’s my opinion that Paterno and the football program that he built have been offered up as a sacrificial lamb to the media and the public by those who should've made sure that this situation was handled properly. It's so apparent that the easiest way to distance themselves from the truth is to allow others to shoulder the weight of their insufficiencies. After all, nobody knows the names of the decision makers, but everyone knows Joe Paterno.

Looking at how things have been handled by the board of trustees since the arrest of Jerry Sandusky, along with the handling of the search for a coach, all roads they choose seem to lead to dead ends, and that's why they have taken so long to make decisions and have received so much criticism from alumni and current students. It's not right how these people used him, and for that matter, Penn State football. But it will all come out in the wash eventually, and I hope Paterno is around to see it happen.
They say that those things built upon solid foundations can endure all kinds of catastrophes, so if what Joe has built is truly real, it will take way more than the evil actions of a few to tear down what he spent a lifetime building.

What a pathetic piece of writing. must be part of the penn state cult.

"Paterno and the football program that he built have been offered up as a sacrificial lamb to the media and the public by those who should've made sure that this situation was handled properly"

Actually making sure it was handled properly is what paterno was supposed to do dumb ass.

"but I do know that he stood for right and taught right "

Until it came down to his reputation and the "institutions"

"so if what Joe has built is truly real, it will take way more than the evil actions of a few to tear down what he spent a lifetime building"

his blind eye and others have already taken care of that. his legacy is ruined as it should be.
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby Michigan Girl » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:50 am

RPM wrote:What a pathetic piece of writing. must be part of the penn state cult.

"Paterno and the football program that he built have been offered up as a sacrificial lamb to the media and the public by those who should've made sure that this situation was handled properly"

Actually making sure it was handled properly is what paterno was supposed to do dumb ass.

"but I do know that he stood for right and taught right "

Until it came down to his reputation and the "institutions"

"so if what Joe has built is truly real, it will take way more than the evil actions of a few to tear down what he spent a lifetime building"

his blind eye and others have already taken care of that. his legacy is ruined as it should be.

It's an incredible piece, it's just not the one sided/your side, judgmental witch
hunt that most folks are accustomed to ...and seem to enjoy!! It's the off with his head people, such
as yourself, who have taken the focus off of the real issue and the real criminals (which has not been proven either).
When you/anyone can come up with some solid evidence that Joepa knew of his ex~associates outside activities
prior to reporting it, and/or was deliberately involved in a cover~up, I'll gladly admit the error of my ways.
If Joepa were withholding information for as many years as Sandusky allegedly raped little boys, I feel certain we,
JOE PUBLIC, would/will know/hear about it. The only evidence the media can provide at this point are partial quotes
(made into lies) and opinions.

For now, more great articles by Lavar ...

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/lavar-arrin ... dusky.html

http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-redsk ... te-scandal
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby AlteredDNA » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Last edited by AlteredDNA on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Love Pineapple!!!
AlteredDNA
Cassette Tape

Previous

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara