Whitney Houston Dead

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Postby StevePerryHair » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:50 pm

What a sad end. Such an incredible voice. Not unexpected with her battles over the years. But sad just the same. It almost seemed like she was making a comeback too, with a movie and the xfactor thing. I am not sure if they completed the movie, but it was scheduled to come out this summer. RIP!

I'm guessing the grammy's will be scrambling to do something tomorrow night.
Last edited by StevePerryHair on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StevePerryHair
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Rip Rokken » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:52 pm

artist4perry wrote:Thank you! In 15 minutes I will be 49! Weird! Sad she died one year younger than me.

Sad when anyone who has been that fortunate and had everything handed to them on a silver platter for so many years decides to piss away their life like she has, but everyone has the right to make that choice, I guess. The 'diva' approach to life can't be that fulfilling, either.

Here's to another 49 for you!
Rip Rokken
Digital Audio Tape

Postby StevePerryHair » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Rip Rokken wrote:
artist4perry wrote:Thank you! In 15 minutes I will be 49! Weird! Sad she died one year younger than me.

Sad when anyone who has been that fortunate and had everything handed to them on a silver platter for so many years decides to piss away their life like she has, but everyone has the right to make that choice, I guess. The 'diva' approach to life can't be that fulfilling, either.

well, sometimes people make bad choices. Especially when young. She started in that industry when pretty young considering. Still sad. Addiction is a choice at the beginning. After that who knows.
StevePerryHair
Digital Audio Tape

Postby artist4perry » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:59 pm

Rip Rokken wrote:

Thanks again! I have known of quite a few people who dabbled in drugs, only to die later from all the excesses after they quit them. They do so much damage to the body, people should never start that crap. Even if you stop, your life may be on borrowed time. :(
artist4perry
MP3

Location: Running around in the vast universe that is my imagination. Send help!

Postby Rip Rokken » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:11 pm

StevePerryHair wrote:
Rip Rokken wrote:Sad when anyone who has been that fortunate and had everything handed to them on a silver platter for so many years decides to piss away their life like she has, but everyone has the right to make that choice, I guess. The 'diva' approach to life can't be that fulfilling, either.
well, sometimes people make bad choices. Especially when young. She started in that industry when pretty young considering. Still sad. Addiction is a choice at the beginning. After that who knows.

What is also sad to me is how there never seem to be the right people around in their entourages to get them the help they need, or be a positive enough influence to steer them in a better direction. I know ultimately they make their own choices and nobody can make them get clean, but there are just too many sponges and parasites who are only along for the free ride and do nothing to discourage the abuse. Michael Jackson, Anna Nicole Smith, etc, etc, etc.
Rip Rokken
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Rip Rokken » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Behshad wrote:RIP Whitney. Bobby Brown is the main cause of your early demise.

Agreed. And I got so sick of the way everybody tacks the obligatory "bad boy" before Bobby Brown every time he gets mentioned. Never could stand his attitude...

She was a true talent, and a legendary voice for sure. Very sorry to see her go out that way, especially after viewing clips of her some of her performances in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmiWpBbFyJA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWzqlx_8PGo

Good lord....
Rip Rokken
Digital Audio Tape

Postby brandonx76 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:13 pm

brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby Duncan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:18 pm

brandonx76 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YHmdu_I_0zI#!

Amazing, and it looked effortless.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear. - Thomas Jefferson
Duncan
Cassette Tape

Postby scarygirl » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:30 pm

Rick wrote:That's awful. She was an amazing singer. :(

I just woke up and was flipping through news headlines. I saw it, thought it said something about someone close to her dying. Doubled back. Thought maybe it was a HOAX, but no... Just sad, sad, sad.... :cry:
scarygirl
Stereo LP

Postby StevePerryHair » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:56 am

Don wrote:
YoungJRNY wrote:I was actually flicking through the channels and saw it first break on MSNBC. Sad. Her voice reminds me so much of my childhood and her breakthrough as a not only a singer, but a legend for female vocalists. My aunt went to her grave claiming her National Anthem in the Super Bowl was the best rendition she has ever heard and also the best vocalist performances as well.

Anybody who is surprised shouldn't be, though. She was one of the incredible talents left in line for a potential overdose. She was heavy on cocaine and Brown probably wasn't the greatest of influences to side with. R.I.P Whitney Houston.

I was serving overseas at the time and it truly was a memorable moment, sitting in a room with a few dozen other G.I.s far from home, watching her sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1QmeEdFOSc
Yes, it was beautiful and effortless! I really don't think anyone compares to that. So many people try to overdo or go all over the place with it. What she did was just perfect. Must have been pretty powerful for you that year, being over seas.
StevePerryHair
Digital Audio Tape

Postby AR » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:17 am

steveo777 wrote:
AR wrote:Sorry anyone died, but I hated her crap.

Uncalled for.

She was a junkie, I did not care for her music. Heard she drowned in the hotel bathtub. (At least that is what TMZ is reporting)

Just another celebrity who could have had the world at her feed (and did) and pissed it away. Excuse me if you feel I'm being disrespectful, but it's her fault and only hers.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby AR » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:14 am

Too soon? :wink:
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Ehwmatt » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:47 am

AR wrote:
steveo777 wrote:

Uncalled for.

She was a junkie, I did not care for her music. Heard she drowned in the hotel bathtub. (At least that is what TMZ is reporting)

Just another celebrity who could have had the world at her feed (and did) and pissed it away. Excuse me if you feel I'm being disrespectful, but it's her fault and only hers.

Spot on, Ed. Fuck her and any other celebrity junkie. I don't feel a twinge of sadness for them.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby yulog » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:30 am

Image :lol:
yulog
Stereo LP

Postby Rip Rokken » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:53 am

Ehwmatt wrote:
AR wrote:
steveo777 wrote:

Uncalled for.

Spot on, Ed. Fuck her and any other celebrity junkie. I don't feel a twinge of sadness for them.

I have to agree, and I mean no disrespect to her family, but I have a special hard-on for Xanax or any other Benzodiazepine, ESPECIALLY when mixed with alcohol. People should learn better by now. A healthy measure of anxiety is a normal part of our life experience, but people are being taught that it's a "disorder" that needs to be treated with meds. Problem is, it only increases the problem as the body builds up a tolerance (and an addiction) for it. Of the prescription drug addicts I've known, Xanax, Klonipin, etc. is right near the top of the worst-offenders list.

Responsible doctors I've known refuse to prescribe them long term -- if anything, very short term for "intense grieving periods". But there are always docs out there willing to pass that crap out like candy.
Rip Rokken
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ebake02 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:59 am

Ehwmatt wrote:
AR wrote:
steveo777 wrote:

Uncalled for.

Ditto for me too. It's sad she died at young age but I don't feel the least bit sorry for her. I'll bet my tax refund that she was high as a kite when she died.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby TRAGChick » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:04 am

Here is one of the many images taken of her on Thursday night.....Good Lord.... :shock:
Facebook: Search TRAG
TRAGChick
Compact Disc

Postby Don » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:04 am

Fact Finder wrote:(CBS News) Developing ...

Bobbi Kristina Brown, only child of the late singer Whitney Houston, has been rushed to a hospital, KCBS has confirmed.

Bobbi Kristina had been staying at the Beverly Hilton, the same hotel where her mother had registered to stay at for a pre-Grammy party Saturday night.

Beverly Hills police confirmed to KCBS that Bobbi Kristina was transported at 10:30 a.m. PT to Cedars Sinai.

She probably found her mom's stash.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby Don » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:08 am

Okay, let's get your picks. Which one takes the cake?

Whitney Houston to star in her new film. The Bodybag.
----------
Whitney Houston died just hours after being asked to be a judge on the next season of X-Factor.
Personally I think she made the right decision.
----------------
Whitney Houston won an impressive six Grammys in fourteen years.
Slightly less impressive was her recent attempt at six grams in fourteen minutes.
-------------------------
What's pink and sits on the doormat?
Whitney Houston's valentines cards.
----------------------
If she wasn't before, Whitney Houston is definitely 100% soul now.
------------------------
Bobby Brown may have slapped Whitney Houston around a bit but at least she beat him to death.
------------------------
Apollo 13 - "Houston.. We have a problem."
Grammy Awards - "Problem... We have no Houston."
-------------
Say what you want about Whitney Houston but you have to admit that her death has really helped her comeback, even more than her recent singing
-------------------
Tragic news from the music industry today. Justin Bieber is still alive.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby Joe Vana » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:09 am

ebake02 wrote:
Ehwmatt wrote:
AR wrote:
steveo777 wrote:

Uncalled for.

Ditto for me too. It's sad she died at young age but I don't feel the least bit sorry for her. I'll bet my tax refund that she was high as a kite when she died.

From what I am being told she was ripped the night before and did not look good at all....demons are a bitch, and we all have them...She made millions upon millions, lived a lavish lifestyle and had every opportunity to get a good group of people around her that could have helped clean up her life...she chose not to...to then pity her?? Nah....

JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby artist4perry » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:17 am

Don wrote:Okay, let's get your picks. Which one takes the cake?

----------
Whitney Houston died just hours after being asked to be a judge on the next season of X-Factor.
----------------
Slightly less impressive was her recent attempt at six grams in fourteen minutes.
----------------------
------------------------
Bobby Brown may have slapped Whitney Houston around a bit but at least she beat him to death.
------------------------
-------------
Say what you want about Whitney Houston but you have to admit that her death has really helped her comeback, even more than her recent singing
-------------------

We have a winner. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol:
artist4perry
MP3

Location: Running around in the vast universe that is my imagination. Send help!

Postby verslibre » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:18 am

----------
----------------
----------------------
------------------------
------------------------
-------------
-------------------

Ouch!!!! Toss-up between "100% soul now" and "beat him to death."
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby artist4perry » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:19 am

The news is saying something about her daughter being rushed to the hospital right now! :shock:
artist4perry
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:29 pm

#3 gets my vote! :lol:
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby SusieP » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:09 pm

Don wrote:Her first two albums featured some of the best female vocals I ever heard.

Absolutely agree. Her voice was phenomenal.

What a waste of a talent.

When she performed here at the O2 a couple of years ago, her voice was gone. Just wasn't there.

I knew then she was lost.

http://www.smoothduo.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/SuzeFromSmoothDuo/ Twitter @smoothduo
Rest In Peace Deano.
SusieP
Stereo LP

Postby SusieP » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:21 pm

----------
----------------
----------------------
------------------------
------------------------
-------------
-------------------

Can I add one?

"Bobby Brown has committed suicide. He left a note saying 'Two Can Play That Game'"

http://www.smoothduo.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/SuzeFromSmoothDuo/ Twitter @smoothduo
Rest In Peace Deano.
SusieP
Stereo LP

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:39 am

I am devastated by her death, but the loss for me/the fans happened years ago …
I’m sad for her family and friends now …her family fought for her.

I was so hoping she had overcome her demons and gotten on the
right track when she and Clive got back together for her last LP …
and then I watched the Oprah interview and I knew it wasn’t over (the drugs).
She blamed Bobby, her fame, the media but she never really owned up
to the fact that it was Whitney who made the choices and she
was the only one w/the power to change. When Oprah asked her if it
was over (the drug use), the eye contact broke and her response took my breath
away … it was just skirting.

Demons aside, I am a huge fan of the voice that was Whitney and it is sad!
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby G.I.Jim » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:26 am

Michigan Girl wrote:I am devastated by her death, but the loss for me/the fans happened years ago …
I’m sad for her family and friends now …her family fought for her.

I was so hoping she had overcome her demons and gotten on the
right track when she and Clive got back together for her last LP …
and then I watched the Oprah interview and I knew it wasn’t over (the drugs).
She blamed Bobby, her fame, the media but she never really owned up
to the fact that it was Whitney who made the choices and she
was the only one w/the power to change. When Oprah asked her if it
was over (the drug use), the eye contact broke and her response took my breath
away … it was just skirting.

Demons aside, I am a huge fan of the voice that was Whitney and it is sad!

+1. I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't understand how some here can be so cruel when it comes to death. Yeah, she had a drug problem. We all have problems, and we all deal with those problems in our own ways. You can all speak your minds freely, and not feel sorry for her if you don't want to. As for me... I do feel sorry for her. I feel bad for the fact that she couldn't figure out her life and get away from drugs. I feel bad for her daughter and her family who loved her. I don't feel bad for Bobby's loss, and maybe this event will help him deal with his own problems and get his own life straight. I hope so for his daughter's sake.

I think she was an amazing singer, and I'm glad for the songs she gave us.
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby Don » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:30 am

As easy as it to paint Bobby as the villain here, he has been divorced from her for five years now. Also, I have never heard about Brown messing with Xanax or any type of prescription drugs.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby Jana » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:12 am

Don wrote:As easy as it to paint Bobby as the villain here, he has been divorced from her for five years now. Also, I have never heard about Brown messing with Xanax or any type of prescription drugs.

Plus she said in an interview she did coke way back in her days in Harlem I think it was, not that he introduced it to her. She gravitated towards Bobby because she liked drugs and so did he. Together they were a time bomb and drug each other down. I saw Bobby's reality show a few times, and he looked like the more coherent, sane one, and that's saying something. She was like a ghetto druggie on that show. I was stunned that was Whitney Houston.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara