What are they doing this summer?

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

What are they doing this summer?

Postby mrsromek » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:39 am

Just curious as I hope they hit a festival somewhere near me....
mrsromek
45 RPM

Postby sniper16 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:55 pm

looks likke they aqre going the fair/festival route this summer, which is good cause thell play more than 35 min.
sniper16
8 Track

Postby Seven Wishes2 » Sat May 26, 2012 4:12 am

Full show - 8:00 pm in Charlotte, NC, Speed Street festival - Loverboy to follow, @ 9:45. Should be a great set.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe."
---Albert Einstein
Seven Wishes2
Cassette Tape

Re: What are they doing this summer?

Postby FormerJrnyFan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:39 am

NR here in NY, May 10th with DDY. Going for the Blades factor...
... I will ALWAYS be a Sototarian
FormerJrnyFan
Stereo LP

Postby Aaron » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 am

I seen them last weekend in Kettering, OH. They were AWESOME. The sound was great, they had excellent energy, and the vocals from Jack and Kelly were spot on. It was a great show.

It was Night Ranger and Loverboy show that was supposed to start at 7:30 pm. At 7:30 sharp Night Ranger started. I thought for the first half of the show that Loverboy had an issue and Night Ranger was playing all night. Much to my surprise, Night Ranger OPENED for Loverboy. I couldn't believe it.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby JohnH » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Caught them back in May in Victorville, right in the front or second row. Sad with two great albums, last few years there was only one new song. My friend caught Kelly's drum stick and gave it to me. Band was on fire, this was my first NR show since 1984. Great energy!, vocals and everything else. In fact, they are just as awesome as thirty years ago!
JohnH
8 Track

Postby RockInDetroit » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:07 am

I usually see them every summer. I missed them that one year where they only played for 35 minutes opening for Journey.

They are a great live band. Anyways energetic and look to be having a great time on stage. I just wish they would change the set up a little. At this point we don't need to open with Lay It On Me anymore. It is not new. Not a great song if you ask me. Maybe change out some of the covers. Or sprinkle something new or older rare song in. I understand the need for Greatest Hits to be included. Just want to feel like I am not seeing the same show every year.....something for the Night Ranger diehards. I saw this summer's set list and it is the same one they've been playing for 3 or 4 years....and that one is not much different from the one they used before that. Actually I will be seeing them again a week from friday.
RockInDetroit
LP

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees