More "Words Of Wisdom" from Gene

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

More "Words Of Wisdom" from Gene

Postby MAGICTOUCH » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:42 am

Found on the web:

KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons recently told the Bradenton Herald that he became a rock star for three things: money, girls and fun, recounts blabbermouth.net.

"I've often heard some notions growing up, peculiar notions, that money is the root of all evil," Simmons said. "But that's nonsense. The truth is, lack of money is the root of all evil. And anybody who has anything to say about my search for happiness, chasing skirt and chasing the next dollar, should just line up to my left. The line forms right over there."

On drug users, Simmons said, "I've often heard that using drugs is a cry for help. What a load of crap. If it's a cry for help, it falls on deaf ears. My suggestion to anybody who uses drugs is, it's a slow way of killing yourself, so do it the quick way. Don't torture yourself and everybody else, just go to the top of a building and get yourself out of the way. Either that, or straighten up and live right."

On marriage: "The only thing I know about it is that it's an institution, and you have to be committed to it. If that doesn't sound like a nuthouse, I don't know what does."

On relationships: "I strongly urge all women to just leave the men alone. If they want to stay with you, they will, and no matter how much you complain, if they don't want to be there, they're not going to be there. Stop bugging them. 'Where are you going?', 'Who have you been with?', 'Do I have my mother's hips?' Shut up!"

Finally, on Ace Frehley's abuse of alcohol and drugs, which led to his departure from the band: "It was really, really bad. Life-threatening, in my opinion. Actually, life-threatening as far as Ace was concerned, because that's what he kept telling me tour after tour, 'If I don't stop doing this, I'm going to kill myself.' So hopefully, he's happier now. And the band is better off, because we're not dealing with dysfunction."

Source: "Gene Simmons: Ace Frehley's Drug Problem Was Life-Threatening" www.blabbermouth.net 28 November 2003
Ha Ha
MAGICTOUCH
Radio Waves

Postby melodic_metal_fl » Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:53 am

Have to say I agree with most of what he said there.
I've opened doors, I've opened minds
I've opened yours a thousand times
As I wait for you

I've fought the battle from the start
I've opened sores inside my heart
It bleeds without remorse
melodic_metal_fl
Ol' 78

Postby CureTheSane » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:49 pm

Me too :D
I'm contemplating, thinkin' about thinkin'
It's overrated, just get another drink and
Watch me come undone
CureTheSane
Radio Waves

Postby kissacefan1978 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:39 am

:roll: I don't believe anything he says.
kissacefan1978
Fresh Air

Postby Jovi Fan 70 » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:19 pm

Gene's views are definitely not one of a good Christian man. They're a little out there for me.
Jovi Fan 70
Radio Waves

Postby Wayne » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:20 am

Rock legend Gene Simmons knows what he's talking about without any political correctness at all which is great speaking as an old KISS fan from the 70's while the reasons he gave for being a rock star is correct even though some won't admit it like Bono of U2.
Wayne
Ol' 78

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara