Geddy Explains His/Rush's Side of Runaways 'Feud'

Loverboy, Triumph, Coney Hatch, Kim Mitchell, Tom Cochrane, Glass Tiger...the list goes on...

Moderator: Andrew

Geddy Explains His/Rush's Side of Runaways 'Feud'

Postby captexshreve » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:52 am

From 2112.net

Geddy Lee Finally Speaks Out About The Runaways: "They were too shitty to listen to" - Prog Magazine
The new issue of Prog magazine is now on newsstands, and inside Geddy Lee finally gives his side of The Runaways story of when they opened for Rush at Detroit's Cobo Hall on February 10, 1977, as dramatized in their feature film.

Rush fans will recall Joan Jett's comments while promoting the film:

"...Joan Jett says members of Rush were anything but polite Canucks when the Runaways opened for them in the 1970s. In the new film biopic about the band titled The Runaways, Jett (played by Kristen Stewart) is derided by an unidentified rock group they're opening for. She later retaliates by breaking into their dressing room and urinating on one of their guitars. Jett doesn't hesitate to identify the real-life inspiration for the scene. 'Rush! They sat on the side of the stage and laughed at us,' Jett says. 'That sort of stuff pisses me off.'" - JamMusic, January 29, 2010

In the current issue of Prog, Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Geddy Lee replies:

"The Runaways had a ginormous chip on their shoulders. I remember that show. We had trouble with our gear so our soundcheck got delayed and The Runaways never got one. But we were always good to whoever was opening for us. We had no bias against them because they were girls - none of that bullshit. I know they said that we were laughing at them when they played, but quite frankly they were too shitty to listen to. And 40 years later they have a story to tell about it. Who knew?"
Enjoy! 8)
Napoleon v. Predator--'At last, a foe worthy of my sweet ninja skills!'
captexshreve
Ol' 78

Re: Geddy Explains His/Rush's Side of Runaways 'Feud'

Postby Liam » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:02 am

SHIT...meant to post this earlier too. Thanks for gettin' it up here.
I was laughing my ass off, 'cause I knew The Runaways' side, but to hear Geddy's....AWESOME. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby captexshreve » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:14 am

Liam wrote:SHIT...meant to post this earlier too. Thanks for gettin' it up here.
I was laughing my ass off, 'cause I knew The Runaways' side, but to hear Geddy's....AWESOME. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geddy was feeling feisty!
Napoleon v. Predator--'At last, a foe worthy of my sweet ninja skills!'
captexshreve
Ol' 78

Postby Liam » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:18 am

Gotta love it. lol
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:44 pm

"They were too shitty to listen to." LMAO :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Return to Canadian Rock Bands