Jimi Jamison dead at 63 of heart attack

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Jimi Jamison dead at 63 of heart attack

Postby conversationpc » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:45 am

:cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/01/jimi-jami ... -survivor/

Jimi Jamison -- who was the lead singer for the bands Cobra and Survivor -- passed away Sunday night. He was 63.

Jamison's booking manager, Sally Irwin, tells TMZ that Jamison died of a heart attack.

Jamison joined Survivor in 1984 (after they found success with "Eye of the Tiger") but was the lead singer on other classic songs like, "The Moment of Truth" (from "The Karate Kid"), "The Search Is Over," "Burning Heart" (from "Rocky IV) and "Is This Love."

Jamison was also the co-writer and vocalist for the song "I'm Always Here" ... the theme song from "Baywatch."
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Re: Jimi Jamison dead at 63 of heart attack

Postby G.I.Jim » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:47 am

I posted it downstairs. Worst fucking news in the music world in a long time. :cry: First Robin Williams dies, one of my best friends dies a couple of days later, one of my other best friends gets hit by a car and is in a coma (not looking good), another friend from high school has been missing for over a week, and now this. I really wish I was a drinker again right now. :cry:
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby AR » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:01 am

Was expecting to get to see him in Baltimore with Dave Bickler soon. :cry:
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby tater1977 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:01 am

WOW...RIP JIMI .....Damn
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Moose » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:32 am

RIP Jimi
Moose
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:39 pm

A friend of mine just sent me an email about Jimi's death. I felt like I was punched in the gut when I read it.
I just saw Survivor on August 15th. Jimi sounded great as always.

I'm kind of in shock right now. :cry:
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Jimi just turned 63 on August 23rd.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:34 pm

Very sad. Way too young.
Was one of my favorite singers.

Prayers to his family.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:42 am

Unbelievable. With him and Survivor back together, the future seemed bright. Sad. RIP. :(
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby doggy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:17 am

:( R.I.P
doggy
45 RPM

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:43 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:A friend of mine just sent me an email about Jimi's death. I felt like I was punched in the gut when I read it.

It really is surreal and kinda eerie knowing that you and I both saw the guy looking spry and sounding pretty good a mere two weeks ago. What a shock. He looked good. Great performer with a catalog that holds up against any of his peers-Graham, Perry, etc.

It's a damn shame, especially given all the anecdotes I'm hearing about what a great and down to earth guy he was. His last two true solo albums were great, and I was excited to see if he and Frankie could recapture some of the old Survivor magic for some new material.

RIP Jimi.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:00 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:A friend of mine just sent me an email about Jimi's death. I felt like I was punched in the gut when I read it.

It really is surreal and kinda eerie knowing that you and I both saw the guy looking spry and sounding pretty good a mere two weeks ago. What a shock. He looked good. Great performer with a catalog that holds up against any of his peers-Graham, Perry, etc.

It's a damn shame, especially given all the anecdotes I'm hearing about what a great and down to earth guy he was. His last two true solo albums were great, and I was excited to see if he and Frankie could recapture some of the old Survivor magic for some new material.

RIP Jimi.

Yeah, he really was a great guy. Probably just about the most fan-friendly Rocker you'll see. He used to give me backstage passes for any of his solo shows that I went to back in the 90's. If I wanted to hang out on the bus, backstage at a show, where-ever.

He was very down-to-earth, never acted like he was a big deal.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:03 pm

Ironically, the first time that I ever saw Jimi perform in person was on August, 15th, 1987. And the last time that I ever saw him perform in person was on August, 15th, 2014.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:17 am

Andrew.

I'm sure that you will, but please let us know if there's any kind of tribute concert or anything dedicated to Jimi.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby steveo777 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:09 pm

WTF is this with people in their 60's doing meth.......seriously, who does meth ever work out for? :( :( :(
steveo777
MP3

Postby JohnH » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:34 pm

Just really crazy to hear this.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby FormerDJMike » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:57 pm

Reminds me of Kevin Dubrow. Old enough to know better... What a shame.
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:33 am

New Jim Peterik song dedicated to Jimi coming soon. Excerpted from Bobby Kimball's FB...

Lately I have been talking with Jim Peterik from "Survivor", and he was as shocked as I was at Jimi Jamison's passing away. I recently got a song that Jim wrote to honor both Jimi Jamison, and Fergie Frederiksen. The name of this song is: "Heaven Passes The Torch". I must tell you that it's such an incredible song, and the track is already recorded. When he begins adding the vocal tracks, I found out that several singers will record the vocals on this song. His e-mail informed me that he really wanted ME to do some of the vocals, and there will be 5 other singers on this song. They will be: Jim Peterik, Marc Scherer, Mickey Thomas, Mike Reno, and Bill Champlin. I love this song.....
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:41 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:New Jim Peterik song dedicated to Jimi coming soon. Excerpted from Bobby Kimball's FB...

Lately I have been talking with Jim Peterik from "Survivor", and he was as shocked as I was at Jimi Jamison's passing away. I recently got a song that Jim wrote to honor both Jimi Jamison, and Fergie Frederiksen. The name of this song is: "Heaven Passes The Torch". I must tell you that it's such an incredible song, and the track is already recorded. When he begins adding the vocal tracks, I found out that several singers will record the vocals on this song. His e-mail informed me that he really wanted ME to do some of the vocals, and there will be 5 other singers on this song. They will be: Jim Peterik, Marc Scherer, Mickey Thomas, Mike Reno, and Bill Champlin. I love this song.....

Cool idea. Can't wait to hear it!
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara