OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby slucero » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:24 pm

wow....

After the refs picked up this insanely obvious interference call on Dallas, can there be any doubt that the NFL had the game in the bag for Dallas?
Last edited by slucero on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:36 pm

Fact Finder wrote:
Memorex wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Ah...the Bungs we all know and love showed up again today. 4 years in a row with 4 of the most boring playoff football games I've ever watched. Totally devoid of excitement. Well, at least my Pot Roast and Potato Soup was killer. :D

Sucked. I wanted them to do much better. Frustrating.

Don't like excuses but the Bungs were totally beat up with 5 key Starters out and then losing Maualuga today made 6 key players and Dalton was left to throw to 3rd team receivers. AJ Green alone would have made this a different game but that didn't happen. All in all a fun year though, had higher hopes but us Bung fans are used to it. :lol:

Yea. Believe me - I know about injuries. Sucks.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Jonny B » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:29 am

This is becoming a bad habit for me. A third 3-1 Wild Card weekend in a row for me. And one of my four divisional match-ups is going to happen, which is shocking in of itself.

Colts defeat Broncos
Another (not-so) stunning Manning early playoff defeat.

I'm sticking with it. Luck beats the man he replaced in another early Manning exit from the playoffs.

Ravens vs. Pats

I'm sure Brady is cussing to himself. Any team but the one with the only winning record against Brady's Bunch in the playoffs. but I'm still taking the Patriots. They are one of my Super Bowl picks. I'm sticking to it.

Cowboys vs. Packers

If the Cowboys are good enough to beat Seattle at home, then by all means they are capable enough to do it in Lambeau Field. Hate them, but I'm picking the Cowboys in an upset.

Panthers vs. Seahawks

Could be a trap game for a lot of people. If the Panthers can hang 27 on the league's best defense, then they have a shot at, oh wait, Seattle is at home. Seahawks win.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby AR » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:47 am

Belichick got caught spying again!

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Rick » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:11 am

slucero wrote:wow....

After the refs picked up this insanely obvious interference call on Dallas, can there be any doubt that the NFL had the game in the bag for Dallas?

Look at it from this angle and tell me if you still believe that. Look at it a few times.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/332953 ... WN_S5TgMxG
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby slucero » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Facemask doen't negate the defensive player never attempting to find the ball... that's PI..

and had they not called it PI because of the facemask... then they are offsetting penalties and its 3rd down...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby steveo777 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:03 pm

Next Sunday can't come soon enough!
Attachments
Seahawks next.jpg
Seahawks next.jpg (22.91 KiB) Viewed 6665 times
steveo777
MP3

Postby Jonny B » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:40 am

Seahawks and Pats are still in it. They were my Super Bowl picks. I'm sticking with them.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby slucero » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:05 pm

Fact Finder wrote:DENVER BRONCOS
8m
Report: John Fox and Denver Broncos mutually agree to part ways - @AdamSchefter
see original on twitter.com

Wow, didn't expect that.

"all assistant coaches are under contract but free to look elsewhere.".... wow... talk about sending a "retire" message to Manning...

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Jonny B » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:05 am

slucero wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:DENVER BRONCOS
8m
Report: John Fox and Denver Broncos mutually agree to part ways - @AdamSchefter
see original on twitter.com

Wow, didn't expect that.

"all assistant coaches are under contract but free to look elsewhere.".... wow... talk about sending a "retire" message to Manning...

So I'm guessing we can expect the start of the Brock Osweiler era? :lol:

Well, that may not be a bad thing. He's basically the last of an emerging QB class of 2012 that hasn't proven himself yet. With 3 years under Manning's tutoring, he just might turn out to be pretty good. No need to hit the panic button just yet I don't think.
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby slucero » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:03 pm

So the 49ers fire Jim Harbaugh, and his replacement is the the defensive line coach??

wow.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:28 pm

slucero wrote:So the 49ers fire Jim Harbaugh, and his replacement is the the defensive line coach??

wow.

I'm not thrilled at this at all. Feels very much like the wrong move. He's done great things in his role, but I feel like we needed a more offense-oriented guy. And we lose Vangio, which I think hurts. Wonder if Rathman will become OC.

I feel like this is just the guy that indicated he'd be a yes-man the most for York.

Time will tell. Not holding out much hope for a big 2015 season.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:33 am

I think this is just the beginning....

My money is on York and Balke not being pleased that Harbaugh, after benching Smith, wasted all those offensive weapons, and eventually had to change an offensive scheme designed to exploit them... just to accommodate his boys (Kaepernick) inability to run the more complicated WC offense..

I bet that is the reason he was fired, *cough*.... mutually agreed to part ways..

York and Balke want to win with a WC style niners team and Balke was getting talent that fit that scheme. Harbaugh simply wanted to win any way he could, even if it meant screwing with the delicate balance and timing of the more complicated scheme they were running successfully when he put Kaep in.

Tomsula said he's gonna run the ball... that means Gore is coming back (Tomsula loves him).. but it gives a green light for Balke to clean house of aging and ineffective offensive weapons.. I'd expect Boldin, Davis and Crab to be gone.. (maybe not Davis.. )

Running the ball keeps Kaep from getting in too much trouble... keeps him healthy and doesn't further expose him to devaluation due to his passing limitations... so Balke can figure out how to trade him...

It's a testament to just how fucked up the 9ers are internally that Vic Fangio would rather leave the 9ers for the Washington Redskins: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... for-dc-job

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Jonny B » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:37 am

I chose the Seahawks over the Patriots at the beginning of the year, and I'm sticking with that prediction. However, I would be happy to see Brady win a 4th title. Gonna be a hell of a Super Bowl either way.
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:45 am

Aren't you a Jets fan, Jonny B?
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Jonny B » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:54 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Aren't you a Jets fan, Jonny B?

I am, but I'm also a fan of Football in general. I have to acknowledge that he is a once-in-a-lifetime QB whose mastery probably won't be seen again for a very long time, and I would be happy to see him finish out on top. He's been entertaining to watch regardless that he's on the other side of a storied division rivalry.
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby slucero » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:50 pm

wow.. the Bears got Fangio...

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Jonny B » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:57 am

Fact Finder wrote:NFL investigating if Patriots used deflated footballs in AFC Championship game

FoxNews.com

1-19-2015

The NFL has confirmed it is looking into charges the New England Patriots cheated Sunday night when they clinched a trip to the Super Bowl Sunday night by using deflated footballs.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed the probe Monday, following the AFC championship game, in which the Patriots demolished the Indianapolis Colts, 45-7. The charge was first made Sunday night, when an Indianapolis reporter that the NFL had seized at least one game ball from the AFC championship game to examine whether pigskins were intentionally deflated to make them easier to throw and catch.

“The NFL is investigating the possibility,” Bob Kravitz, of WTHR, tweeted, adding that, “at one point the officials took a ball out of play and weighed it.”

If the Patriots did cheat, it would not be the first time. The team was penalized a first-round draft pick, fined $250,000 and head coach Belichick was personally fined $500,000 after an investigation by the NFL determined the team had illegally videotaped their opponents hand signals during a 2007 game.

And unsubstantiated accusations of cheating have long dogged the team, stemming from their Super Bowl wins in 2002, 2004 and 2005. The St. Louis Rams claimed the team illegally videotaped their walk-through practices prior to the 2002 game, and players on the other defeated opponents have said the Patriots seemed to have inside knowledge of their playbooks.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2015/01/19/ ... id-sunday/

Just putting a positive spin on this for fun. The ball girl for that game lives 15 miles from me.

Of course, they're not going to tell the Pats they can't play. The Powers-That-Be will probably tell them behind closed doors that they have to throw the game. It'll stay close for entertainment purposes, then the Seahawks will repeat. Can't beat the best? Tarnish them.
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:49 am

Almost all of the games are rigged. It's done for ratings, which is where the NFL makes most of their money, from advertising $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Jonny B » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:28 pm

What do 'Spygate' and 'Deflategate' have in common?

Josh McDaniels was the offensive coordinator in both accounts.

Food for thought.
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:08 am

If Tim Brown doesn't get into the HOF this year, the Pro football HOF will officially become a bigger joke than the ROR HOF.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby scarab » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Entertaining Superbowl- (minus the halftime show) So many twists...
Seattle trying an inside pick at the 1 yard line on 2nd down and a timeout was one of the most boneheaded play I think I have even seen.

Congrats NE
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby slucero » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:12 pm

Marshawn Lynch had 102 yards at that point and had just run the ball 5 yards.. and you don't give him the ball again on the 1/2 yard line??

Derrell Bevel... soon to be Ex O.C. at Seattle... stupidest play call ever...

Xmas just came early for NE...
Last edited by slucero on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:31 pm

I know I've posted this before, but it deserves re-reading.

http://www.thefixisin.net/theproof.html
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby No Surprize » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:19 pm

Unfuckingbelievable. Your 2nd and goal from the one yard line. Your team has "The Beast" in the backfield who has over 100 yards already, after a timeout at that, and you throw a pass into the most congested part of the field? Motherfucker Jim Brown that will go down as the biggest fuck up in super bowl history. Seattle had might as well gift wrapped and presented the BeliCheats with the Lombardi Trophy prior to the play. If I was Paul Allen, the fuck up who made that call wouldn't have made it out of the state of Arizona with his job intact. I can imagine 150 million people who were watching at home, at a bar, etc all had the same reaction when that play happen. WTF!
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:59 am

No Surprize wrote:Unfuckingbelievable. Your 2nd and goal from the one yard line. Your team has "The Beast" in the backfield who has over 100 yards already, after a timeout at that, and you throw a pass into the most congested part of the field? Motherfucker Jim Brown that will go down as the biggest fuck up in super bowl history. Seattle had might as well gift wrapped and presented the BeliCheats with the Lombardi Trophy prior to the play. If I was Paul Allen, the fuck up who made that call wouldn't have made it out of the state of Arizona with his job intact. I can imagine 150 million people who were watching at home, at a bar, etc all had the same reaction when that play happen. WTF!

Truly baffling from all angles. The pick wasn't shocking. That was a great break and a great/easy read on the football. It was easily telegraphed. Good for the undrafted rookie to get that job done. The call itself will go down as the worst call in Super Bowl history. It's not even close. Givin' the situation and who you are/what got you there and neglecting it to win a SB is absurd and truly as shocking as it gets from a football; logical standpoint to anyone who has ever followed or understands the game.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:08 am

what's even more galling is that both HC Carroll and OC Bevell have said they "liked the matchups"... good lord..

Lockette is a speedster... not a physical, technique guy... he's the LAST WR you want on a quick slant that requires technique and physicality..

stupid, stupid call..

I'd be really surprised if Carroll hasn't lost some of his locker room because of this... and even more surprised if Bevell is still the OC next season.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby No Surprize » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:30 pm

Fact Finder wrote:FOOTBALL
1h
NFL reportedly considering Internet-only broadcast of 1 regular-season 2015 game - @washingtonpost

Who really gives a fuck? After that super bowl play to end the game, I'm really starting to believe that it's becoming like the WWF. Choreographed & planned from the start. And what's fucking unbelievable, the NFL is about to deliver a major penalty upon the Cleeveland Browns for an executive who tweeted during the game. Really motherfuckers? A fine, suspension, draft picks? LOL. But the fucking Pats, the darling of the NFL, who fucking cheat every which way possible to gain an edge gets swept under the rug and a slap on the hand. And don't tell me about the 500,000 fine they incurred for one. That's chump change to an NFL owner. Let's just keep the bottom feeders where they are, no one really cares. You know, as I get older, I'm really, really getting less interested in sports in general and the ungodly overpaid, thuggish attitudes, shoved down your fucking throat media darling's, former players being in studio host who speak ghetto, etc.,,etc. It's just a congested shit sandwich IMO.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:24 am

No Surprize wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:FOOTBALL
1h
NFL reportedly considering Internet-only broadcast of 1 regular-season 2015 game - @washingtonpost

Who really gives a fuck? After that super bowl play to end the game, I'm really starting to believe that it's becoming like the WWF. Choreographed & planned from the start. And what's fucking unbelievable, the NFL is about to deliver a major penalty upon the Cleeveland Browns for an executive who tweeted during the game. Really motherfuckers? A fine, suspension, draft picks? LOL. But the fucking Pats, the darling of the NFL, who fucking cheat every which way possible to gain an edge gets swept under the rug and a slap on the hand. And don't tell me about the 500,000 fine they incurred for one. That's chump change to an NFL owner. Let's just keep the bottom feeders where they are, no one really cares. You know, as I get older, I'm really, really getting less interested in sports in general and the ungodly overpaid, thuggish attitudes, shoved down your fucking throat media darling's, former players being in studio host who speak ghetto, etc.,,etc. It's just a congested shit sandwich IMO.

It absolutely is all rigged. It has been for years now. And it's NOT just the mafia tampering with games. It's the leagues themselves staging the games the way that the WWF and all of those pro-wrestling leagues did/do.

Give these a read.....

http://www.thefixisin.net/

http://www.thefixisin.net/theproof.html

http://www.cracked.com/article_16588_7- ... fixed.html

http://thefixisin.net/bstrong.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3896 ... -are-fixed
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:21 am

How I'm feeling this fine off season as a Niner fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np9tBI7_nq8