Marvel Movie thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Marvel Movie thread

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:47 am

Starting this thread out of respect for YJ trying to keep his thread "on topic".

Here's a first look at footage of "Ant-Man". I was a big doubter of Marvel being able to pull off something byg and cosmic like Thor. I'm convinced they have such great respect for their characters that they'll knock this out of the park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQSIU7ZQqX4
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:50 am

Cool man. Good idea. Is it crazy I'm looking forward to Ant Man than say, Avengers 2? Maybe I'm crazy haha. I think this is going to be pretty awesome.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:00 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Cool man. Good idea. Is it crazy I'm looking forward to Ant Man than say, Avengers 2? Maybe I'm crazy haha. I think this is going to be pretty awesome.

I'm looking forward to all of it. Years ago I couldn't give a damn about AntMan, but hell, at this point anything by Marvel will be gold.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:34 am

The hype machine for Marvel is high. They have their demographic no matter what they put out at this point. The logo will sell and they have their formula pretty much down pat. For me personally, outside of the original Iron Man, Avengers and Winter Soldier, the rest to me wasn't gold but more of the same. The slate within Phase 1 just didn't impact me the way it did their audience. Flicks like Guardians of the Galaxy were good movies, I'm glad I went to see it in theaters, but the film didn't feel any different than any other and I expect the same from movies like Ant Man.

It will be a good movie, which is all that matters. We'll see if Avengers 2 hits gold and makes me feel what I felt with say, The Dark Knight or even TDKRises. I still had the best theater experience with the TDKtrilogy and prefer the DC alternative to my tastes. It's good to enjoy both. All the fan wars in between make it that much more fun, but we ALL win. What a great time to take this all in.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:07 pm

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:34 am

Can't wait to see the Vision in action. The visual look of the character is great!
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/70239
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:10 am

Marvel and Sony FINALLY worked out a deal to get Spidey in the hands of the right people: The Marvel Cinematic Universe. A solo Spider-Man film is slated for a July 28, 2017 release date, which involves some other films being moved:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=59176
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:48 am

And he may show up as an Avenger or part of Civil war.
Monker
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:55 am

Another killer movie, bigger and better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUoeqv ... e=youtu.be
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby No Surprize » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:35 pm

RedWingFan wrote:Another killer movie, bigger and better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUoeqv ... e=youtu.be

Fucking AWESOME!
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:49 am

RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Wondering if they're going to roll Ant Man in with the Avengers.https://youtu.be/pWdKf3MneyI
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:26 am

Review: 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Is A Galactus-Sized Disappointment
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendel ... r=yahootix
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:19 am

Since Joss is done making Marvel movies, he has stepped out and called Edgar Wright's initial Ant-Man script the best Marvel script of all of them. Of course, Wright left, and the script has had several rewrites. I guess Paul Rudd even tinkered with it!
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:58 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Review: 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Is A Galactus-Sized Disappointment

Tell you what. If Age of Ultron is only able to barely double their opening weekend gross, ie. If it grosse $128M on its opening weekend and finishes its domestic box office run with $291M. And if 30% of theaters drop it by the 3rd week of release, I'll admit that Marvel failed at connecting with the audience and that the movie is a failure. Deal?
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:21 am

I can't believe how dark and gritty AoU is. Seems like they are taking a page out of DC's book.

Joss Whedon and his company merely made a show of trading blows and are just hoping no one knows that they’ve been going through the motions and walking though the part. Nothing seems to penetrate its heart. I didn’t hate Avengers: Age of Ultron, but I did hate that I didn’t like it all that much even though there was indeed blood, sweat, and tears from all involved in its creation. There are moments of wit and a few rich character beats (avoid the clips like the plague), but there are diamonds in the rough. This seemingly all-important chapter feels like a stop-gap, an intermission from a filmmaker who doesn’t want to be here and a company that would rather just move on to the next big movie. I just desperately wanted it to be alive.

OUCH. Looks like we have another Iron Man 3 on the way. A half-assed installment and getting away with a comedy central roast fest because everyone knows the Marvel bandwagon is too full for people to accept any brand of negativity to go against the popular crowd.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:29 am

RedWingFan wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Review: 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Is A Galactus-Sized Disappointment

Tell you what. If Age of Ultron is only able to barely double their opening weekend gross, ie. If it grosse $128M on its opening weekend and finishes its domestic box office run with $291M. And if 30% of theaters drop it by the 3rd week of release, I'll admit that Marvel failed at connecting with the audience and that the movie is a failure. Deal?

The competition is fierce. Paul Blart 2 should give it a run for its money. We'll see how Mad Max performs 2 weeks later.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:39 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:I can't believe how dark and gritty AoU is. Seems like they are taking a page out of DC's book.

Joss Whedon and his company merely made a show of trading blows and are just hoping no one knows that they’ve been going through the motions and walking though the part. Nothing seems to penetrate its heart. I didn’t hate Avengers: Age of Ultron, but I did hate that I didn’t like it all that much even though there was indeed blood, sweat, and tears from all involved in its creation. There are moments of wit and a few rich character beats (avoid the clips like the plague), but there are diamonds in the rough. This seemingly all-important chapter feels like a stop-gap, an intermission from a filmmaker who doesn’t want to be here and a company that would rather just move on to the next big movie. I just desperately wanted it to be alive.

OUCH. Looks like we have another Iron Man 3 on the way. A half-assed installment and getting away with a comedy central roast fest because everyone knows the Marvel bandwagon is too full for people to accept any brand of negativity to go against the popular crowd.

Yeah, that Marvel bandwagon is so full cuz they had the nerve to make mostly great, fun movies that so many people love and enjoy. They did this mind you after filing for bankruptcy and selling their 3 biggest properties Spidey, XMen and Fantastic Four to finance their "B" team which has been insanely successful. On the other hand, you have DC which had less than stellar reception with GL and MOS and have resorted to an instant cash in with BvS. I bet that dolt Mamoa actually thinks he's going to star in an Aquaman standalone movie. I would even have serious doubts that Marvel could put out an entertaining Sub-Mariner movie and that's with Marvels positive track record.....and overflowing "bandwagon".
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:45 am

Yeah, that Marvel bandwagon is so full cuz they had the nerve to make mostly great, fun movies that so many people love and enjoy.

Mostly.. as in Iron Man (still the best), Avengers (overrated...good... but overrated) and Winter Soldier. The rest were sleepwalks and blindfolded Marvel bandwagoners that would wank to anything with the Marvel font on it. The Marvel Universe is the equivalent to comedy central family hour. :lol: Just juicing this thread up from the cold funeral home of a thread it has become. That should warm the koolaid up.

BTW: Catwoman>>>>>>>>>>>Thor:TDW.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:53 am

RedWingFan wrote:On the other hand, you have DC which had less than stellar reception with GL and MOS and have resorted to an instant cash in with BvS.

Yeah, just ignore those Nolan Batman movies. They just came and went. No big deal there.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:54 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
Yeah, that Marvel bandwagon is so full cuz they had the nerve to make mostly great, fun movies that so many people love and enjoy.

Mostly.. as in Iron Man, Avengers and Winter Soldier. The rest were sleepwalks and blindfolded Marvel bandwagoners that would wank to anything with the Marvel font on it. The Marvel Universe is the equivalent to comedy central family hour. :lol: Just juicing this thread up from the cold funeral home of a thread it has become. That should warm the koolaid up.

Only someone who was actually able to sit thru Catwoman would think so highly of MOS. That explains a lot. TDW was far from a great movie but at least I was able to stay awake.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:59 am

verslibre wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:On the other hand, you have DC which had less than stellar reception with GL and MOS and have resorted to an instant cash in with BvS.

Yeah, just ignore those Nolan Batman movies. They just came and went. No big deal there.

Those movies were set apart from what DC is doing now. It was a good set of movies with TDKR being the best of the bunch. That's why I didn't mention them.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:01 pm

RedWingFan wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:

Mostly.. as in Iron Man, Avengers and Winter Soldier. The rest were sleepwalks and blindfolded Marvel bandwagoners that would wank to anything with the Marvel font on it. The Marvel Universe is the equivalent to comedy central family hour. :lol: Just juicing this thread up from the cold funeral home of a thread it has become. That should warm the koolaid up.

Only someone who was actually able to sit thru Catwoman would think so highly of MOS. That explains a lot. TDW was far from a great movie but at least I was able to stay awake.

The problem with TDW is there didn't have to be a problem, as it long as it matched the original, which is an entertaining but not mindblowing film. The sequel lost its director, which upset at least one of its principal actors (Portman). For whatever reason, in spite of some really good action sequences, it has the feel of a dish that's undercooked. Kurse was awesome, but Malekith was woefully underdeveloped, and the Asgardians (who hadn't been locked in a millennia-long slumber) seemed pitifully incapable of dealing with the Dark Elf invading force. The script could have used a serious third act overhaul.

If you don't think it underperformed by the new standard, consider that the third Cap film was greenlit immediately while they put off hiring the writers for the third Thor movie, even though TDW came out the year before TWS (IMO, the best of all the MCU films, along with Iron Man).
Last edited by verslibre on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:04 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:

Mostly.. as in Iron Man (still the best), Avengers (overrated...good... but overrated) and Winter Soldier. The rest were sleepwalks and blindfolded Marvel bandwagoners that would wank to anything with the Marvel font on it.

This is funny because of all of your past posts about your man. Not just Superman, but Henry Caville or whatever his name is. Oh, he is just so perfect for the role, and how great he looks in the suit. lol. The only person wanking on this forum is you bud! lol
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:05 pm

RedWingFan wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:

I never watched Catwoman, but Halle Berry's bouncing titties in leather trumps nails on the chalkboard that was Thor:TDW by default.

Not surprised to see you fall asleep in Man of Steel and not Thor:TDW since MoS is the much more mature movie. Only koolaid and a bellylaugh of gasping for air laughter could keep somebody up during that slobberknocker.

Green Lantern>>>>>>>>>>>> Captain America: The First Avenger (TNC would agree; he loved Green Lantern.)
Last edited by YoungJRNYfan on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:06 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:OUCH. Looks like we have another Iron Man 3 on the way. A half-assed installment and getting away with a comedy central roast fest because everyone knows the Marvel bandwagon is too full for people to accept any brand of negativity to go against the popular crowd.

Are you trying to give me frightmares, dude? If this flick doesn't up the ante, then...well, I'll guess we'll know why they passed the torch to the Russos. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:08 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Halle Berry's bouncing titties in leather

That's why I want to see Harley Quinn, Zatanna, Huntress, Black Canary, etc., in all these movies. Bring on the skintight threads!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:08 pm

verslibre wrote:The problem with TDW is there didn't have to be a problem, as it long as it matched the original, which is an entertaining but not mindblowing film. The sequel lost its director, which upset at least one of its principal actors (Portman). For whatever reason, in spite of some really good action sequences, it has the feel of a dish that's undercooked. Kurse was awesome, but Malekith was woefully underdeveloped, and the Asgardians (who hadn't been locked in a millennia-long slumber) seemed pitifully incapable of dealing with the Dark Elf invading force. The script could have used a serious third act overhaul.

If you don't think it underperformed by the new standard, consider that the third Cap film was greenlit immediately while they put off hiring the writers for the third Thor movie, even though it had TDW came out the year before TWS (IMO, the best of all the MCU films, along with Iron Man).

I agree with you man. I didn't really care for it much. I'm sure you know much more of Thor's universe than I do. Never read his standalone comics. Had an Avengers subscription for awhile when I was a kid. Just couldn't really grab onto anything in the story outside of his cool origin story. Hopefully the 3rd one will be better.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:08 pm

RedWingFan wrote:
verslibre wrote:

Those movies were set apart from what DC is doing now. It was a good set of movies with TDKR being the best of the bunch. That's why I didn't mention them.

So was Green Lantern...so why mention that movie? Man of Steel is the only movie considering the beginning of the DCCinmeatic Universe. It wasn't perfect, but it gave DC their identity and direction to build off of and fix the mistakes that have occured. All MoS did was give WB the greenlight to announce their entire slate of superhero gallery up until 2020 and beyond and make Marvelites nervous that DC actually has a direction nowadays. I don't blame them though.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:11 pm

verslibre wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Halle Berry's bouncing titties in leather

That's why I want to see Harley Quinn, Zatanna, Huntress, Black Canary, etc., in all these movies. Bring on the skintight threads!

DOOD, two words: Kara Zor-EL. Aw yeeeeeeeeeeeah. Atleast DC isn't afraid to finally handout the first kickass woman superhero and OWN it with Wonder Woman. Marvel won't even market Black Widow because they are afraid the 9 year olds in the crowd will harden their ween's and we ALL know we can't have that with Marvel.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Next

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara