VAN HALEN Perform At Billboard Music Awards 2015

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Postby tater1977 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:37 am

Billboard Music Awards 2015 - FULL SHOW (5-17-15)

https://youtu.be/m2ZdYKsk8bY
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: VAN HALEN Perform At Billboard Music Awards 2015

Postby ebake02 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:41 pm

Eddie sounds great. Dave, not so much.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby ztyxlynne » Mon May 25, 2015 7:08 am

ebake02 wrote:Eddie sounds great. Dave, not so much.

I would love to hear a instrumental album of Eddie. I love his sound, and technique. It is such a waste that we haven't heard more from him.
ztyxlynne
Ol' 78

Postby Majestic » Mon May 25, 2015 9:10 pm

I'm not sure what you mean because the clip you linked is down.

Found this one of Panama and thought the whole band sounded pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goo5RANQa3o
Majestic
8 Track

Postby Deb » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:52 am

ebake02 wrote:Eddie sounds great. Dave, not so much.

My thoughts exactly! Dave didn't sound good at all IMO, mainly talked it. And those 80s wiggle moves were ok back in the 80s spandex days, but just look creepy and awkward on him now 30 years later.......lol time to pick up some different moves. :lol:

Ok and what is it with wearing vests over sports/exercise shirts, I've noticed this a few times now. Who are these rockstars stylists for major events?? Ya know I love me some EM but he did it for their recorded Budokan dvd too. Is this a new thing? Or is this just for added warmth? WTH :lol:

Now Playing: Green Tinted Sixties Mind - Live. https://youtu.be/e9YPFXVNINU?si=zDfcdUBpoaDSatLG
Deb
MP3

Postby No Surprize » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:26 pm

My thoughts exactly! Dave didn't sound good at all IMO, mainly talked it. And those 80s wiggle moves were ok back in the 80s spandex days, but just look creepy and awkward on him now 30 years later.......lol time to pick up some different moves. :lol:

Ok and what is it with wearing vests over sports/exercise shirts, I've noticed this a few times now. Who are these rockstars stylists for major events?? Ya know I love me some EM but he did it for their recorded Budokan dvd too. Is this a new thing? Or is this just for added warmth? WTH :lol:

Fucking retarded isn't it?

I agree he needs to lose his out of date, dumbass 80's persona, he looks goofy enough without it. "Hey DAVE, C'mon man, give me a fucking break", go to hair club for men, take some vocal lessons and a couple of soma's dude.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby mikemarrs » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:30 am

Its sad in a way because VAN HALEN was THE band of the 1980's. They were the band that represented everything about the over the top decadence of that era. HOWEVER Dave might've looked cooler than hell and larger than life doing all those moves back then but thirty years later it looks creepy when he does some of his moves. He could still be a motor mouth he just needs to tone down the sex part of his act.
mikemarrs
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:37 am

I fail to understand how Journey was able to soldier on without Perry (with varying degrees of success) and yet Eddie is convinced that there is no VH w/out Dave. I like Dave. ADKOT was a GREAT album. But unless Wolfgang can work his magic and get everyone on the same page, I don't see any future releases from this lineup.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby FamilyMan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:08 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I fail to understand how Journey was able to soldier on without Perry (with varying degrees of success) and yet Eddie is convinced that there is no VH w/out Dave. I like Dave. ADKOT was a GREAT album. But unless Wolfgang can work his magic and get everyone on the same page, I don't see any future releases from this lineup.

Did you read Billboard? There will never be a new album from Van Halen. And I don't even believe they'll get through this tour. You would think after years of living on breakfast cereal riding around in am ambulance, Dave would want to hunker down, lose his 80's ego and record some respectable new music that critics and fans alike would adore. I've never seen a guy with less self awareness.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:14 am

FamilyMan wrote:Did you read Billboard? There will never be a new album from Van Halen.

Yes, I read it. Never say never.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:36 am

There will be a "new" VH album if they get around to dusting off old songs and recording them. I don't think they'll write anything that is brand-spanking-new. The material on ADKoT existed in a rough state for many years in Eddie's Pasadena vault that is guarded by an angel bearing a flaming sword.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:54 am

verslibre wrote:There will be a "new" VH album if they get around to dusting off old songs and recording them. I don't think they'll write anything that is brand-spanking-new. The material on ADKoT existed in a rough state for many years in Eddie's Pasadena vault that is guarded by an angel bearing a flaming sword.

Lol. EXACTLY.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara