Fresh out today. Steve Perry has new music coming!

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Fresh out today. Steve Perry has new music coming!

Postby perryswoman » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:36 am

http://thesoundla.com/2015/12/mitm-clip ... y-gardell/

He's been working on the album since March :) YAY!!
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape

Re: Fresh out today. Steve Perry has new music coming!

Postby slucero » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:53 pm

LOL!

...right as Journey gets ready to embark on a new tour, Perry's gonna DROP AN ALBUM...

I better race to Reno to put money down on Neal rushing to put out a new album, to ride on the coattails (no pun intended) of what's gonna be a massive Perry-fest...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby perryfan61 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:34 pm

If he spends a year in the studio, it could be out before summer. :D :lol: :) :P
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby ScarabFan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:09 pm

I have seen this movie before. I will believe it when I see/hear it myself.
ScarabFan
Ol' 78

Postby perryswoman » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:17 pm

I actually do believe it. He said he's trying to finish the first part of the year and we all knows how he came out last and sang some live this year, so I believe it will happen this time. Neal gonna be JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ!!! LOL
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape

Postby perryswoman » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:18 pm

slucero wrote:LOL!

...right as Journey gets ready to embark on a new tour, Perry's gonna DROP AN ALBUM...

I better race to Reno to put money down on Neal rushing to put out a new album, to ride on the coattails (no pun intended) of what's gonna be a massive Perry-fest...

Yes you know Neal is going to HATE this!!
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:31 am

This is false promise #227 of a solo album from Steve Perry. How many times has he said he's "just putting the finishing touches" on an album in the past decade? I'll believe it when I see it.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:51 am

Archetype wrote:This is false promise #227 of a solo album from Steve Perry. How many times has he said he's "just putting the finishing touches" on an album in the past decade? I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't think I've heard him say that once in all this time. I've heard him saying he is writing, had 50 songs written, demos on the computer, building home studio, etc. But never "I am in the studio, have been for x months, and hope to finish soon." The only "promise" you might have a grievance with is "I'm working on it". Nothing ever gave me the impression that it was in a studio phase.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:25 am

Memorex wrote:
Archetype wrote:This is false promise #227 of a solo album from Steve Perry. How many times has he said he's "just putting the finishing touches" on an album in the past decade? I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't think I've heard him say that once in all this time. I've heard him saying he is writing, had 50 songs written, demos on the computer, building home studio, etc. But never "I am in the studio, have been for x months, and hope to finish soon." The only "promise" you might have a grievance with is "I'm working on it". Nothing ever gave me the impression that it was in a studio phase.

Here's one example, and I know there are more to find when I'm not on a lunch break. This was over 4 years ago.

Lately, Perry's been dabbling in film editing and writing music for a possible solo album, a challenging process after years of being away from the music business.

"I'm going to be recording sometime soon," said Perry.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... teve-perry
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:14 am

Archetype wrote:
Memorex wrote:

Here's one example, and I know there are more to find when I'm not on a lunch break. This was over 4 years ago.

Lately, Perry's been dabbling in film editing and writing music for a possible solo album, a challenging process after years of being away from the music business.

True, but apparently sometime soon has now been since last March. Definitely more promising than in the past.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:19 am

Archetype wrote:
Memorex wrote:

Again, I was referring to your comment about finishing touches. I agree that he has been saying "starting sometime in the near future" for a very long time. Just point out the difference of this one particular comment and how I've never heard him say "finishing touches" before.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby STORY_TELLER » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:24 am

perryswoman wrote:http://thesoundla.com/2015/12/mitm-clips-uncle-joes-birthday-with-steve-perry-and-billy-gardell/

He's been working on the album since March :) YAY!!

Very excited to hear this. I have to believe his outing with the Eels helped him feel better about working on something new again.

Having said that, lets not forget that he worked on FTLOSM for 3 years.
He recorded two songs with Nuno Bettencourt but he never released them.
Lost Angels was a great track, never released.
Home at Last, one of his best solo songs IMO, never released.

I love hearing that he's working in the studio. If nothing else than for his own personal catharsis. Hopefully he's happy enough with what he does that he allows the rest of us to hear what he comes up with.

Side note:

I don't think some of you are giving Neal enough credit. I don't think he'll hate this. I think Neal is in a different place these days and I think he'll be happy Steve is finally getting himself back into the saddle again.

Journey out on tour isn't necessarily free promotion for a Steve Perry album. In fact, the opposite could be true. Perry's promotion for his album could have a positive impact on ticket sales for Journey's tour. The attraction works both ways because of the shared history.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:07 am

Best case scenario: Steve's album comes to fruition, he develops the confidence to perform live again at some capacity, his solo career and Journey's career co-exist in the same universe...and some sort or reunion/one-off performance down the line becomes inevitable....and everyone's happy!

Worst case scenario: we're right back where we were yesterday.
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:42 am

[quote="Art Vandelay"]Best case scenario: Steve's album comes to fruition, he develops the confidence to perform live again at some capacity, his solo career and Journey's career co-exist in the same universe...and some sort or reunion/one-off performance down the line becomes inevitable....and everyone's happy!

Worst case scenario: we're right back where we were yesterday.[/quote

I'm hoping for somewhere in the middle of your "best" and "worst" I just want to hear some new music from him, whether he performs live or with Journey is icing on the cake...nice, but not necessary!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby S2M » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:57 am

My only question is if the CD release party will be held in an elevator....
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby Tito » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:03 pm

If he told you wolverines would make good house pets, would you believe him.
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:49 pm

Tito wrote:If he told you wolverines would make good house pets, would you believe him.

Yea, but six bucks and my right nut says it's different this time.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Marabelle » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:58 am

Good news.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby perryswoman » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:15 am

Memorex wrote:
Tito wrote:If he told you wolverines would make good house pets, would you believe him.

Well I don't have any nuts but I will definitely wager the $6 that he will too :)
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:51 am

perryswoman wrote:
Memorex wrote:

Well I don't have any nuts but I will definitely wager the $6 that he will too :)

I'll put up 6 bucks....no nuts though!
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:28 am

I am waiting for announcement of next year's Journey Tour to change to "Journey with special guests Santana and Steve Perry!" :D

That would be a cool three-way bill. :D
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby Gina3008 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:35 pm

IMHO, if Steve's album is, indeed, out next year, it would raise ticket sales for Journey to the stratosphere due to fans hoping to see some sort of reunion, even if it were stated by both sides that a reunion would not happen.

Steve Perry's fans would have that faint hope in their hearts that it might possibly take place, myself included.

Also, IMHO, Neal Schon might even tease the prospect of a walk on by Steve and tease it all the way to the bank, all the while, denying any reunion on Facebook etc. He, also, would not hesitate to wish Steve all the best on his album and vice versa from Steve regarding Journey's tour. Whether true or not, both sides could use it just as a good business angle. Publicity both sides with more money both sides makes for a win-win situation.
Gina3008
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:43 am

Sorry. I can't get excited about this. He's been making claims like this since VH1's Behind the Music...
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby scarab » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:13 am

3 different radio stations mentioned it today in Saint Paul.
KQRS gave it the most time. They discussed Neal and Steves falling out. Mentioned Dennis Deyoung as well.
Will have to see in the national pop culture media will react. They sure did when he did the Eels gig.
I am sure if he released it, he could go on just about any show to promote it. I highly doubt he would tour behind it.

I think this is the first time he mentioned he was in the studio and it will be complete soon.
It was always the same old thing, "thinking about it".
Hopefully it will see the light of day.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:49 am

scarab wrote:3 different radio stations mentioned it today in Saint Paul.
KQRS gave it the most time. They discussed Neal and Steves falling out. Mentioned Dennis Deyoung as well.
Will have to see in the national pop culture media will react. They sure did when he did the Eels gig.
I am sure if he released it, he could go on just about any show to promote it. I highly doubt he would tour behind it.

I think this is the first time he mentioned he was in the studio and it will be complete soon.
It was always the same old thing, "thinking about it".
Hopefully it will see the light of day.

Fan Asylum also shared it via their Facebook page. Their site being the closest thing to an official Steve Perry website, they don't normally share info unless it is legit...so we'll see!
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby FamilyMan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:38 am

I'm with Noble Cause on this one. Hard to imagine this is anything more that the teasing he's notorious for.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby Onestepper » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:25 am

Along with everyone, would love to see it happen. But I absolutely refuse to be dragged into another false hope. Fool me once...unfortunately we've been fooled into thinking it will happen too many times.

I won't get excited until I see a release date and he starts promoting it with some samples. Sucks that we can't just take him at his word.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:50 am

Well just keep an open mind and good thoughts; if it happens it will be wonderful; if not we didn't lose anything or gain a thing. I think it's great when someone wants to do something that they are wonderful at doing and finally succeed; I guess I'm the kind of person who supports anyone who wants to do anything even if it takes them several attempts over several years to actually get it done. If it's been disappointing for some of us then I can just imagine the person who was trying to get it done was really disappointed and saddened by the inability to do it. All we have is time.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:35 am

FamilyMan wrote:I'm with Noble Cause on this one. Hard to imagine this is anything more that the teasing he's notorious for.

Oh ye of little faith!! This time is different.
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby jrny84 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:03 am

I am hopeful that THIS time maybe true, but still skeptical of hearing this same old song and dance. I don't remember him ever saying he got to the point where he was seriously recording in the studio, like he recently stated. He's mentioned in the past of casually writing songs, but would never commit to anything.

Lets hope this time is for real, but I'm not putting any $$ on it until an actual release date, announcement, and some sort of promotion.
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Next

Return to Journey