OFFICIAL NFL 2016-2017 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

OFFICIAL NFL 2016-2017 Thread

Postby S2M » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:24 pm

Impatiently awaiting the release of the schedules. Last year they were released on April 21-22. I WILL be flying to Pitt for N.E. game. Lock up your daughters!! :lol: :twisted:
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2016-2017 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:05 am

I've been watching the Combine. You know there's a problem when you're sitting there watching 18 year old's in shorts and t-shirts running drills and 40 yard dash's all day long. Off-season depression haha. 8) Admit it, S2M: You love Pittsburgh. :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:50 am

Well...I *did* get my journey tat from Cassie, at Studio 42. So in that respect, yes...I love Pittsburgh. And we got to meet Arnel, and that insufferable bastard, Frig. Never saw anyone who looked like he didn't want to be at a Meet & Greet like that fuck was. lol

I enjoyed that weekend immensely. Melissa, Lynn, Stu (the prick he is)...we didn't get to party after the show, but it's all good. $13 beers! And Foreigner blowing Journey out of the water. It was epic.

I admit to having NFL withdrawal. Is it August yet?
S2M
MP3

Postby scarab » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:18 am

Its been awhile since I have been over to MPLS, but drove right by US Bank Stadium. All I can say is wow.
Its at least twice the footprint of the old Metrodome and wall to wall glass.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:47 am

S2M wrote:Well...I *did* get my journey tat from Cassie, at Studio 42. So in that respect, yes...I love Pittsburgh. And we got to meet Arnel, and that insufferable bastard, Frig. Never saw anyone who looked like he didn't want to be at a Meet & Greet like that fuck was. lol

I enjoyed that weekend immensely. Melissa, Lynn, Stu (the prick he is)...we didn't get to party after the show, but it's all good. $13 beers! And Foreigner blowing Journey out of the water. It was epic.

I'm glad I talked you into the Journey tat. What was the other you were going to get? Was it a Koi Fish? Can't remember.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:56 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
S2M wrote:Well...I *did* get my journey tat from Cassie, at Studio 42. So in that respect, yes...I love Pittsburgh. And we got to meet Arnel, and that insufferable bastard, Frig. Never saw anyone who looked like he didn't want to be at a Meet & Greet like that fuck was. lol

I'm glad I talked you into the Journey tat. What was the other you were going to get? Was it a Koi Fish? Can't remember.

S2M
MP3

Postby S2M » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:38 pm

Schedule dropped tonight. Any reactions?

Oct 23rd, Travis...you in?
S2M
MP3

Postby scarab » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:56 am

Packers at Vikings home opener in MPLS on national tv.
They also square off on Christmas eve in Lambeau
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:48 am

The Steelers are playing Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Years day.

The real America's Team :lol:

S2M, I'm ALWAYS in man. I probably won't know what's up probably until we get into the season if I can attend. I try to get to atleast 4 games but it all depends on my work schedule since I work an unorthodox one. We'll get at each other back and forth and hopefully confirm.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:09 pm

That sucks. No chance on just taking a vacation day?
S2M
MP3

Postby AR » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:15 pm

The NFL will be destroyed by the progressives. Playing on holidays is just part of the appeasement to stay alive longer.

Football will be gone in the next 20 years or completely unrecognizable as what we know.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:49 pm

I agree AR. I already feel it. Though the ratings have never been more through the roof for the NFL, it's in the infancy stage of being ruined. In fact, some things are already ruined for me. Just 5-6 years ago, I never thought I'd feel that way, but I'd give it less than 20 years. The process and downfall of the NFL is here (sadly.) Concussions, research and off the field problems are one thing. Players retiring at 25; 26 years old? That's a huge problem.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:55 pm

S2M wrote:That sucks. No chance on just taking a vacation day?

I wish man. I'm the youngest clock number at my job, so seniority rules. I won't be able to choose until all the seniority guys take their vacation days. Fucked up huh? My anal cavity is swollen shut from working in a mill. 12-16 hour days; 7 days a week. 4 turns. Rotating shifts. It's slowing down though and I have a chance to go back to school so hopefully by then, I'll have weekends.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:36 pm

Alright peeps...

Let's say we get this party started. Pick 'ems...shit-stirring(lol), and the like.

I'm going to to say that N.E DOES beat AZ in the first game...and by a 2+ TD margin.

NE - 38
AZ - 17
S2M
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:20 am

Arizona is no joke. NE isn't getting into any shootouts with Garra-poo-lo under center. He'll make far too many mistakes against a good Cardinal's team. He may put up points, but he's not a shootout type QB. Arizona will throw the kitchen sink at Jimmy and he's shown too much indecisiveness to hold up over the course of a game. Plus, it's in Arizona. They play like gangbusters there. Tough stadium to play in. The Cards will handle NE, 30-16.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:03 pm

Alright guys, I updated the Pig-skin Pickems so get your ass's movin!

Group name: Melodicrock
Password: melodicrock (all lowercase)

Just search for the group and hit REJOIN or Join if you never played.

http://games.espn.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2016/en/
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:20 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Alright guys, I updated the Pig-skin Pickems so get your ass's movin!

Group name: Melodicrock
Password: melodicrock (all lowercase)

Just search for the group and hit REJOIN or Join if you never played.

http://games.espn.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2016/en/

Travis and I so far...let's go peeps. :lol:
S2M
MP3

Postby S2M » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:54 am

I wouldn't stand either. It's a personal choice.
S2M
MP3

Postby Memorex » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:59 am

Fact Finder wrote:Colin Crapernick needs to take a leap off of the Golden Gate Bridge. :evil: :twisted:

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick says he refused to stand during the national anthem Friday due to his views on the country's treatment of racial minorities.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media after Friday's game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

The dude is/was the starting quarterback for one of the most storied franchises in the NFL, surrounded by a very high percentage of black athletes and gets paid more money in a weekend than many Americans see in years. What an evil country we are. There are thousands more black men and women laying in the street due to black violence. Why doesn't he make a stand for that? Asshole. Hopefully that ends his role in SF. As a fan for nearly 40 years, I don't want to see him dress out another day.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:14 am

"conduct unbecoming"... is part of NFL player and coaches contracts...

the 9ers need to use it to cut Kaep.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:44 am

By the way, my irritation with Kap is not whether he has a right to sit or not, obviously he does. I would defend that right strongly. What irritates me is this talk of not supporting an oppressive nation for this notion that cops are out killing black men. Every analysis I've seen says it's not so. Of course there will be instances. Of course nothing is 100%. But there is not some epidemic and if there is, it's not about America, it's about the police and the people the defend and the people that are causing the chaos. The dude has a chip on his shoulder and he ought to do some research before he disrespect the country that gave him everything he has. Such as the 15 million he will earn this year sitting on a bench. I wonder how much of that money will be going to help the issues in the inner cities.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:09 am

If I was a shitty enough professional QB who can't beat out Blain Gabbert then I'd accuse the system as well.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:11 am

Maybe he is anticipating being traded to the Raiders and he is preparing his personality. :)
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:33 am

This might explain why Krapernick is behaving the way he is...

Controversy Erupts After NFL Quarterback Converts To Islam and Refuses To Stand for National Anthem…
Posted on August 27, 2016 by sundance

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... al-anthem/

A controversy has erupted today because San Francisco 49er’s Quarterback Colin Kaepernick refused to stand up during the playing of the national anthem.

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.” ~ Colin Kaepernick

So what exactly is going on. Well, there’s a little more to the story than most are willing to accept. The media and the NFL will avoid these discussions like the plague, but what the heck – the Truth Has No Agenda.

During the off-season Colin Kaepernick converted to Islam.

Colin Kaepernick is also engaged to Black Lives Matter activist and hip-hop radio personality DJ Nessa Diab. Black Lives Matter as an activist group is synonymous with promotion of authentic Islam.

In the social justice arena, there is no daylight between the various BLM activism groups, and activist Islam. They are interwoven amid every controversial eruption over the past six years. We have tried to draw attention to it numerous times, but many don’t fully grasp the scope of the relationship between radical Islam and Black Lives Matter. It’s a symbiosis, a complete synergy in activism and intent.

We are under attack! It's clear as day! Less than 24 hrs later another body in the street!
https://t.co/2wlxtVkwmv

— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) July 7, 2016

According to NFL players who are friends with Kaepernick, Colin and NessA Diab are going to have a traditional Muslim wedding.

It is not accidental that Nessa Diab -a BLM/Islam activist- and Colin Kaepernick cross paths, and meld ideological interests, especially when you consider the geography, the San Francisco area. Nessa also attended the University of California, Berkeley.

Nessa began her career in San Francisco as the night time on-air personality before she was offered the position at Hot 97 in New York City.

From Kaepernick’s Instagram during his conversion:

Remember the San Bernardino terror attack by Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik? Who was the corrupting influence in that radical relationship? [ Hint, it wasn’t the guy. ]

Think this analysis is nuts? Think it’s off the mark? Go scroll through Colin Kaepernick’s Instagram account HERE https://www.instagram.com/kaepernick7/(while you still can), and you can visibly identify the evolution of his conversion… or could that more aptly be called the “radicalization” of him?

You decide.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:53 am

Fact Finder wrote:He's doubling down, something tells me he's going to be sitting a long time as he will never ever be satisfied no matter what.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

10m

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick says he will continue to sit during the national anthem until black people are no longer oppressed - @HenryWoffordCSN

see original on twitter.com

49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick says his decision to sit during the national anthem Friday wasn't to bash the military, but rather to bring awareness to unjust and unpunished actions in the United States.

He'll sit during the National Anthem, and pretty much the whole game after the Anthem.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:46 am

Coach Harbaugh said it best:

I acknowledge his right to do it. But I don't respect the motivation or the action.

and

To clarify, I support Colin's motivation. It's his method of action that I take exception to.

Although I'll add my own quote:

Fuck of Kaepernick, you fucking entitled piece of shit douche bag asshole prick.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:20 pm

From the greatest football player to ever touch the field (that's Jerry Rice for you blind ones). :)

All lives matter. So much going on in this world today.Can we all just get along! Colin,I respect your stance but don't disrespect the Flag.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:23 pm

Yeah, a guy that admits to using tacky gloves.

Barry Sanders was the best.

Also, this is America.. people are afforded freedom of expression. And that includes not standing for the N.A.

Flag burning should be legal as well.
S2M
MP3

Postby Memorex » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:41 pm

S2M wrote:Yeah, a guy that admits to using tacky gloves.

Also, this is America.. people are afforded freedom of expression. And that includes not standing for the N.A.

Flag burning is legal and I agree with your last two points. I'll give you that Barry Sanders was one of the greatest, but uh...

Yea, I think sticky gloves was what set Jerry apart from the crowd. Those gloves caused him to work harder than any player, and my God those gloves gave him the incredible speed. The gloves were miracles at keeping him healthy for so long. They should put an asterisk next to his name in for all records he owns because of those gloves.

Anyway, I absolutely agree Colin should BE ABLE to sit. But his message is dead wrong.I'm not even mad at him for sitting. I could care less. It's the ignorant and extremist comments he made about how he feels. That makes him an idiot. This country, to me, should be about believing in it all the while fixing what you find wrong. Go find where he has donated one cent to anything he's talking about, though I am sure he will be forced to now.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:59 pm

Memorex wrote:
S2M wrote:Yeah, a guy that admits to using tacky gloves.

Flag burning is legal and I agree with your last two points. I'll give you that Barry Sanders was one of the greatest, but uh...

Yea, I think sticky gloves was what set Jerry apart from the crowd. Those gloves caused him to work harder than any player, and my God those gloves gave him the incredible speed. The gloves were miracles at keeping him healthy for so long. They should put an asterisk next to his name in for all records he owns because of those gloves.

Anyway, I absolutely agree Colin should BE ABLE to sit. But his message is dead wrong.I'm not even mad at him for sitting. I could care less. It's the ignorant and extremist comments he made about how he feels. That makes him an idiot. This country, to me, should be about believing in it all the while fixing what you find wrong. Go find where he has donated one cent to anything he's talking about, though I am sure he will be forced to now.

Hmmm...

Sanders is the best because he did EVERYTHING he accomplished on a horrific Lions team. He had NO offensive line, unlike Emmitt Smith. He grinded for every yard he got. He didn't have the luxury of playing with stars like Montana, Walsh, or Lott.

He broke ankles, left guys scratching their heads, and never showboated. I don't believe the guy was EVER injured, because he never got hit.

Sanders had RAW talent...he was skilled. Dude was nasty.

Rice? Played with stars, HoFers...As far as his working harder? THAT lone fact doesn't make you great. Hell, I know plenty of guys that work harder than the next guy, and will never be ANYTHING. I applaud his effort, but that doesn't make him great. His Speed? Nehemiah was faster than him, and he went nowhere. Speed didn't make him great. His ability stay healthy? Jack Lalanne was healthy...was he the best bodybuilder?

Rice has his records due to the SITUATION he was in...you can't take that away from him, but you also can't punish Sanders because he wasn't in a similar situation. All things being said, Sanders is at LEAST as good as Rice.
S2M
MP3

Next

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara