Reason or Excuse to Cancel a Venue date

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Reason or Excuse to Cancel a Venue date

Postby tater1977 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:05 pm

A Statement from Bruce Springsteen on North Carolina

Bruce Springsteen·Friday, April 8, 2016

https://www.facebook.com/notes/bruce-sp ... 9447566824

As you, my fans, know I’m scheduled to play in Greensboro, North Carolina this Sunday. As we also know, North Carolina has just passed HB2, which the media are referring to as the “bathroom” law. HB2 — known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act — dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use. Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden. To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them. It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band’s Sunday April 10th show is canceled. Tickets will be refunded at point of purchase.

brucespringsteen.net
Last edited by tater1977 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: Reason or Excuse to Cancel a Venue date

Postby Ehwmatt » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:32 pm

A real dick move by The Boss.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:33 pm

obviously, he'll support my right to jump onstage with him and piss on his shoes in front of a full house next time he's in my town.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby scarab » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:44 am

punish your fans for a bunch of idiotic politicians? whats the gonna solve?
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby ebake02 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:57 am

It's all about money, the promoters and the arena are probably losing a shit ton of money over this and money talks.
Last edited by ebake02 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby RPM » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:58 am

So these people are ok with there wife and maybe young daughter being confronted
With a guy in a bathroom because today he identifies with his female side?
Then of course if the husband confronts him he will be charged with a hate crime
With aclu lawyers....typical liberal crap, screw everyone else's rights for the .05%
Of population who can't figure out which bathroom to use....And Bruce is an ass.
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:03 am

I never could stand that hypocritical pompous ass poser Bruce Springsteen. This just shows all the more what a douche-bag the guy is. Not to mention that he's one of the most overrated Rock stars in history!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:11 am

RPM wrote:So these people are ok with there wife and maybe young daughter being confronted

:lol: http://37.media.tumblr.com/5154d7b4392664b6fc9ef7eb93dfdc86/tumblr_minnlvSiX51qedb29o1_500.gif
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby steveo777 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:42 am

If we have anymore legislation, next thing you know, we'll stop wearing clothes. We've gotten by for centuries with having the privacy of our physical gender identified rest rooms. There is no reason to change that. I certainly don't think it's appropriate for a dude to be in my daughter's restroom or locker room. And Bruce needs to stick to the music and stay the hell out of politics. While he might think he's appeasing the LGBT community, they are a minority and he's pissing off more fans than he's appeasing. I used to like Bruce, the artist. I do not like Bruce, the political activist.
steveo777
MP3

Postby RPM » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:48 am

verslibre wrote:
RPM wrote:So these people are ok with there wife and maybe young daughter being confronted

:lol: http://37.media.tumblr.com/5154d7b4392664b6fc9ef7eb93dfdc86/tumblr_minnlvSiX51qedb29o1_500.gif

LOL ! exactly.. :D
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:21 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:I never could stand that hypocritical pompous ass poser Bruce Springsteen. This just shows all the more what a douche-bag the guy is. Not to mention that he's one of the most overrated Rock stars in history!

Bingo!
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby RPM » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:21 am

Fact Finder wrote:Bruce wouldn't have done this two years ago while his daughter was still at Duke University.

Not so sure. Alot of this Ass backwards thinking comes from such Establishments....shes probably all for it.
Didnt anyone think sicko men would use this as excuse to prey on women?
Officer: what are you doing in the women's bathroom?
Male sicko: well i feel like a women today and its my right to choose whichever I want..
Officer: carry on.
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby Majestic » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:09 pm

steveo777 wrote:If we have anymore legislation, next thing you know, we'll stop wearing clothes. We've gotten by for centuries with having the privacy of our physical gender identified rest rooms. There is no reason to change that. I certainly don't think it's appropriate for a dude to be in my daughter's restroom or locker room. And Bruce needs to stick to the music and stay the hell out of politics. While he might think he's appeasing the LGBT community, they are a minority and he's pissing off more fans than he's appeasing. I used to like Bruce, the artist. I do not like Bruce, the political activist.

Totally agree.

I think there needs to be more tolerance and respect all around from all sides and we would be better off without such knee jerk political activist responses to all things and at every level of American society, especially from our entertainers.
Majestic
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:39 pm

Bryan Adams cancels Mississippi show, citing state's new law

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bryan-adams- ... 24570.html

Associated Press / April 11, 2016

BILOXI, Miss. (AP) — Canadian rocker Bryan Adams is canceling a performance this week in Mississippi, citing the state's new law that allows religious groups and some private businesses to refuse service to gay couples.

Adams said in a statement Sunday night that he was canceling a show Thursday at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi.

The singer says he can't "in good conscience" perform in a state where "certain people are being denied their civil rights due to their sexual orientation."

The move comes after Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band canceled a Sunday show in Greensboro, North Carolina, because of the state's new law blocking anti-discrimination rules for the LGBT community.

The Mississippi law will take effect July 1. Supporters say it offers protection for Christians who adhere to traditional views of marriage and gender roles.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby RPM » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:39 am

Great questions that he will not answer. I wonder if any of our Liberal friends here that agree with this bill
Would take a stab it.
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:15 pm

Imagine a young girl being confronted with the above in the women's restroom.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:33 pm

Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:41 pm

And, you guys are all ignoring this bit of what Bruce said, "Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden."

That is wrong, very wrong. The most conservative Republican should not be opposed to any person suing government when their rights are violated...and they should definitely not be for a law that suppresses that fundamental right.

You all are focused on ONE part of the issue, which I think is silly. There was no public outcry over who uses what bathroom that prompted this bill. You all are just making shit up with ridiculous "what if..." statements. Where are the dozens of articles BEFORE this bill was even proposed? The entire situation is made up bullshit for whiney conservatives who fear catching the "gay virus".

And, BTW, I was going to post that I read that Ringo Starr is canceling his NC date. Cyndi Lauper is using her concert in NC for a LGBT rally. Gregg Allman whined about it, but is still doing his concert. Google is considering NOT opening offices in NC. And, the NC governor is making changes to the bill via executive order in response to the public outcry...by local business. The implications of this bigoted bill are far more reaching then just Bruce Springsteen and have the real possibility of affecting NC economically.
Monker
MP3

Postby steveo777 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:44 pm

Monker.....

Go suck a bag of dicks. :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLNQxlQZfv4
steveo777
MP3

Postby AR » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:01 am

These same progressives canceling their music dates over a law they don't like are the first to point fingers at someone for refusing to sell a wedding cake to a gay couple. BOTH are refusing service. Pretty hypocritical. Regardless of your beliefs be consistent.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby gdaeb » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:45 am

If we stay on this path soon it will be legal to marry your dog...
gdaeb
Radio Waves

Postby Monker » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:24 am

gdaeb wrote:If we stay on this path soon it will be legal to marry your dog...

And, if someone does, what do you care? How does that trample on YOUR rights? Are you a cat person or something?
Monker
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:35 am

tater1977 wrote:Bryan Adams cancels Mississippi show, citing state's new law

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bryan-adams- ... 24570.html

Associated Press / April 11, 2016

BILOXI, Miss. (AP) — Canadian rocker Bryan Adams is canceling a performance this week in Mississippi, citing the state's new law that allows religious groups and some private businesses to refuse service to gay couples.

Adams said in a statement Sunday night that he was canceling a show Thursday at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi.

The singer says he can't "in good conscience" perform in a state where "certain people are being denied their civil rights due to their sexual orientation."

The move comes after Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band canceled a Sunday show in Greensboro, North Carolina, because of the state's new law blocking anti-discrimination rules for the LGBT community.

The Mississippi law will take effect July 1. Supporters say it offers protection for Christians who adhere to traditional views of marriage and gender roles.

He just finished performing in Saudi Arabia...who must be a world leader in gay rights I suppose.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby gdaeb » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:10 am

Monker wrote:
gdaeb wrote:If we stay on this path soon it will be legal to marry your dog...

And, if someone does, what do you care? How does that trample on YOUR rights? Are you a cat person or something?

I know, I know, I am slow catching up to the new Utopia we are creating, It's wonderful!
Participation Trophies & Micro Aggression are just the start...Can't wait to see what's next.... :shock:
gdaeb
Radio Waves

Postby verslibre » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:47 am

Monker wrote:Are you a cat person or something?

You hate pussy or something? :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:26 am

Fact Finder wrote:I had hoped that the Supremes ruling for gay marriage would shut these freaks up finally, but we should have known better. These fuckers will always find a new cause to try and ram down our throats, the gay/lgbt lobby is no different than Jesse Jackson and Sharpton, they will never go away. :twisted:

WTF? It's the state of NC that is ramming it down your throat. Again, THIS WAS NOT AN ISSUE. Where are all the complaints in NC about people using the "wrong" restroom? NOBODY WAS COMPLAINING....there was no issue until the STATE made it one.
Monker
MP3

Postby Boomchild » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:50 am

Fact Finder wrote:I had hoped that the Supremes ruling for gay marriage would shut these freaks up finally, but we should have known better. These fuckers will always find a new cause to try and ram down our throats, the gay/lgbt lobby is no different than Jesse Jackson and Sharpton, they will never go away. :twisted:

And just around the corner, rights and public acceptance for pedophiles. Think about it. If a child can determine that they are not the gender they were born with, then they should be responsible enough to make decisions on who they want their sexual partners to be.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:20 am

Boomchild wrote:

And just around the corner, rights and public acceptance for pedophiles. Think about it. If a child can determine that they are not the gender they were born with, then they should be responsible enough to make decisions on who they want their sexual partners to be.

Oh, now we are into the "slippery slope" type of arguments.

You know, if you guys didn't have such perverted thoughts, maybe that slope wouldn't be so slippery.
Monker
MP3

Postby Boomchild » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:27 am

Monker wrote:You know, if you guys didn't have such perverted thoughts, maybe that slope wouldn't be so slippery.

Actually, the progressives in our society have already introduced such perversions. How so? By encouraging people with gender identification disorders to continue down a path of acting out something that is genetically impossible for them to be.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:48 am

Boomchild wrote:
Monker wrote:You know, if you guys didn't have such perverted thoughts, maybe that slope wouldn't be so slippery.

Actually, the progressives in our society have already introduced such perversions. How so? By encouraging people with gender identification disorders to continue down a path of acting out something that is genetically impossible for them to be.

Gays, lesbians, transgeners, etc, their lifestyle does not affect yours....but you act all threatened and make stuff up to project that threat upon other people.

Again, for the third time, where is all of this "acting out" that prompted this bill/law? It didn't happen. Perverts like you are letting your perverted minds invent situations that never happened and nobody is complaining about.

Now you are saying they are "acting out" when a person says they identify more with the sex other then the one they are physically born with. Again, that's not YOUR PROBLEM. Your perverted imagination is making it YOUR PROBLEM. How a person believes they are sexually oriented has absolutely no affect on you.

Since you are now all into George Carlin, he said conservatives are anti-gay, and they are anti-abortion. That is completely fucked up. Are not gays the last people who would ever be in a position to have to consider an abortion? Republicans should be PRO GAY. But, that's really not what it is all about, is it? Republicans simply want to regulate sexuality. They want to dictate what is normal and what is deviant, and they want to regulate it with the law. They like to say they want government off our backs...but that's bullshit. They only want it off our backs when it suits their agenda....but, their agenda also includes regulating who you fuck, how you fuck, and exactly what the definition of fucking is. When it cums to those things, they absolutely want government on your back, on your front, and stuck into every hole you have. Hypocrites and liars is what they really are.
Monker
MP3

Next

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara