Phoenix Setlist 5/14/16 + Line of Fire Video

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Phoenix Setlist 5/14/16 + Line of Fire Video

Postby George_g888 » Sun May 15, 2016 3:43 pm

Here is a link to the setlist of the second show of the tour:

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaemb ... iginal.jpg

Same old, same old :|

A little clip of Line of Fire from the Irvine show. The crowd doesn't seem to excited about this song at the end:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmx8tocOsM
George_g888
Ol' 78

Re: Phoenix Setlist 5/14/16 + Line of Fire Video

Postby livin2do » Sun May 15, 2016 4:54 pm

Up until a couple days ago I was going to go to this show. A friend of mine backed out last minute, and we hadn't bought tickets yet, so I didn't bother scrambling to find someone else to meet up with. I'm ok with that, seeing that they played the same set as the first show. I might have been stoked for Line of Fire and Dead or Alive, but the rest is too old hat for me. I haven't seen a tour since 2008, and it's going to take something special for me to consider the band "can't miss" viewing at this point.

I am kinda concerned that someone seems to think Phoenix is in California, too.
livin2do
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun May 15, 2016 10:30 pm

Journey needs to grow a pair and play at least one song from the first 3 albums. Then throw in Higher Place and dedicate it to Deen and Augeri. The casual fans will either get it or not. At this point, who cares?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Memorex » Mon May 16, 2016 12:46 am

livin2do wrote:I am kinda concerned that someone seems to think Phoenix is in California, too.

It will be after the big quake.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Eric » Mon May 16, 2016 12:47 am

Watching clips of both the Phoenix and Irvine shows....the Phoenix crowd seemed 100x more into it.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby George_g888 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:52 am

Eric wrote:Watching clips of both the Phoenix and Irvine shows....the Phoenix crowd seemed 100x more into it.

Did you notice the band had different stage visuals in Phoenix than what they had he gig before in Irvine? I find that odd
George_g888
Ol' 78

Postby FamilyMan » Mon May 16, 2016 10:07 pm

Not one of Arnel's better performances. Pitchy on those high notes. This is a young man's song. I'd strike it from the set and put in "Where Were You?"
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby MysteryMountain » Tue May 17, 2016 12:22 am

FamilyMan wrote:Not one of Arnel's better performances. Pitchy on those high notes. This is a young man's song. I'd strike it from the set and put in "Where Were You?"

Great song, great rocker, sadly it isn't on the Greatest Hits, Filthy 13, Nasty 9, or whatever the hell moniker they're using these days, for it to hit the set list.

& yes, I realize Line of Fire isn't either. Why they chose that from Departure instead of WWY is beyond my comprehension. They should just get freaky & play People & Places or Someday Soon - which I don't believe was ever played live.
MysteryMountain
Ol' 78

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue May 17, 2016 12:43 am

MysteryMountain wrote:
FamilyMan wrote:Not one of Arnel's better performances. Pitchy on those high notes. This is a young man's song. I'd strike it from the set and put in "Where Were You?"

Great song, great rocker, sadly it isn't on the Greatest Hits, Filthy 13, Nasty 9, or whatever the hell moniker they're using these days, for it to hit the set list.

& yes, I realize Line of Fire isn't either. Why they chose that from Departure instead of WWY is beyond my comprehension. They should just get freaky & play People & Places or Someday Soon - which I don't believe was ever played live.

People & Places was done on the Departure tour...and very well I might add! Good call on Someday Soon. Not sure if that was ever part of a set list.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby MysteryMountain » Tue May 17, 2016 1:42 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
MysteryMountain wrote:

People & Places was done on the Departure tour...and very well I might add! Good call on Someday Soon. Not sure if that was ever part of a set list.

Yes, I've seen & heard People & Places played live on various boots & video along with Precious Time, my other fav from Departure.

Someday Soon, however, I've never heard, seen, or even seen on a setlist from the Departure era tours which stinks because it's probably in my top 5 favs of all time.
MysteryMountain
Ol' 78

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue May 17, 2016 11:53 am

Agreed...Someday Soon is a fantastic song, and would have fit in nicely into the Departure tour. Their live performance of Precious Time was pure magic...a moment they'll never recapture.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby tj » Tue May 17, 2016 12:19 pm

Not good video or audio, so I won't get too concerned, but at about the 25 to 40 second mark Arnel sounds pretty out of key in places. It is a tough song to sing. I like that they are bringing back some deeper cuts. I would expect that they are keeping Arnel's voice in consideration, though.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby Aaron » Wed May 18, 2016 11:07 pm

Yep, that and detuning is why I've not been to a Journey show since 2008.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey