Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Mike Rowe - The Way I Heard It - John's Portugesse Cousin

Postby tater1977 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:54 pm

Mike Rowe

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMikeRow ... =2&theater

The Way I Heard It
John's Portugesse Cousin
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: Mike Rowe - The Way I Heard It - John's Portugesse Cousi

Postby JustMyStyle » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:22 am

Always an enjoyable story to hear... :D
Captured by the Moment ...
JustMyStyle
Ol' 78

Postby perryfan61 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:08 pm

He tells it very well!! Great post!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby scarab » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:07 am

Does the Directors Cut of BTM discuss this. Have seen it only 1-2 times.
In the regular BTM Perry just states, the next thing I know, I am flying to Denver and wrote Patiently.
Was this after or before his 2-3 months of being a fake roadie?
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby STORY_TELLER » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:14 am

scarab wrote:Does the Directors Cut of BTM discuss this. Have seen it only 1-2 times.
In the regular BTM Perry just states, the next thing I know, I am flying to Denver and wrote Patiently.

I'd say it was after the fake roadie thing, but I wouldn't necessarily blame Perry for that. The famous quote of "the camera often lies" is about how anyone can change a person's meaning and intent with a few well placed cuts and splices. That's the power of video editing.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby tj » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:08 am

STORY_TELLER wrote:
scarab wrote:Does the Directors Cut of BTM discuss this. Have seen it only 1-2 times.

I'd say it was after the fake roadie thing, but I wouldn't necessarily blame Perry for that. The famous quote of "the camera often lies" is about how anyone can change a person's meaning and intent with a few well placed cuts and splices. That's the power of video editing.

That's why it is always good to take your own video and get a full transcript of any video interview. Producers and interviewers have a story to tell and it may or may not the one you told them.
:?
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby STORY_TELLER » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:55 am

tj wrote:
STORY_TELLER wrote:I'd say it was after the fake roadie thing, but I wouldn't necessarily blame Perry for that. The famous quote of "the camera often lies" is about how anyone can change a person's meaning and intent with a few well placed cuts and splices. That's the power of video editing.

That's why it is always good to take your own video and get a full transcript of any video interview. Producers and interviewers have a story to tell and it may or may not the one you told them.
:?

Truth.

Side note:
I'm sure the decision to cut the story down was about the pace and/or run time of the program, not to slight or distort history. That's usually the reason behind cuts and trims.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Return to Steve Perry