Toto USA tour 2016 Announced

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Toto USA tour 2016 Announced

Postby JohnH » Thu May 12, 2016 3:28 pm

At last , no tired and wore out acts that Toto blows off the stage while opening up. It's about time. Michael McDonald was horrible - his band no chemistry . You can't just get up there and stare at your keyboard and not look at the crowd anymore. Yes I didn't see I'm sure they were better but still no match for Toto. Give us all Toto and they are!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/toto-tour-2016/

http://totoofficial.com/events/
Last edited by JohnH on Fri May 13, 2016 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
JohnH
8 Track

Re: Toto USA tour 2016 Announced

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu May 12, 2016 11:49 pm

JohnH wrote:At last , no tired and wore out acts that Toto blows off the stage while opening up. It's about time. Michael McDonald was horrible - his band no chemistry . You can't just get up there and stare at your keyboard and not look at the crowd anymore. Yes I didn't see I'm sure they were better but still no match for Toto. Give us all Toto and they are!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/toto-2016-tour/

John,

That link is to old foreign dates. Here is the latest domestic stops.

http://totoofficial.com/events/
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby WalrusOct9 » Fri May 13, 2016 12:59 am

SO EXCITED.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby JohnH » Fri May 13, 2016 6:21 am

Thanks Noble , fixed - sheesh they used the same pic on the new story, should have just copied from
My Fb post.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/toto-tour-2016/
JohnH
8 Track

Postby LtVanish » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:43 pm

I was at the St. Charles IL show last night and this is what they played in a 2 hour set. It was great to see a full Toto show. I finally got to see Stranger in Town and The Road Goes On Live.

Child's Anthem
I'll Supply the Love
Stranger in Town
Holy War
I Won't Hold You Back
Georgy Porgy
Burn
Afraid of Love
Bend
Pamela
David Paich Piano Solo
Great Expectations
Without Your Love
Luke Solo (not sure the song)
Hold the Line
The Road Goes On
Orphan
Rosanna

(Encore)
On the Run / Goodbye Elenore
Africa
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby artinis1 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:45 am

Did they play the full version of I'll Supply The Love?
artinis1
45 RPM

Postby LtVanish » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:55 am

artinis1 wrote:Did they play the full version of I'll Supply The Love?

Yes they did!
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby WalrusOct9 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:13 am

Awesome show last night in Nashville. Place was packed, which was really heartwarming. They hadn't played here in decades, and despite the city's mostly-musician population, I didn't really know what the turnout was going to be. Great show and great crowd. Setlist dragged a bit in the middle, and surprisingly little from Fahrenheit/Seventh One given who was singing, but a great night.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby Ehwmatt » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:44 pm

WalrusOct9 wrote:Awesome show last night in Nashville. Place was packed, which was really heartwarming. They hadn't played here in decades, and despite the city's mostly-musician population, I didn't really know what the turnout was going to be. Great show and great crowd. Setlist dragged a bit in the middle, and surprisingly little from Fahrenheit/Seventh One given who was singing, but a great night.

I'll be seeing them next Wednesday in Cleveland. I also have tickets to soundcheck/meet n greet again (which I did last year in Dayton). Looking forward to the deeper cuts they pull out for the soundcheck - got some real gems last year there.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby WalrusOct9 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:25 am

Ehwmatt wrote:
I'll be seeing them next Wednesday in Cleveland. I also have tickets to soundcheck/meet n greet again (which I did last year in Dayton). Looking forward to the deeper cuts they pull out for the soundcheck - got some real gems last year there.

I would've loved to see that, but...morals. :roll:
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby Ehwmatt » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:25 am

WalrusOct9 wrote:
Ehwmatt wrote:

I would've loved to see that, but...morals. :roll:

??
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby WalrusOct9 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:10 am

Ehwmatt wrote:
??

There used to be a time when you didn't have to be super rich to meet your heroes. You just had to put in the time. I really hate these VIP things that exist for the richest fans instead of the biggest fans (and also then exclude fans from being able to buy the best tickets at the regular ticket price). On top of that, there's always the underlying aspect that a musician is then giving you the time of day only because you're loaded and paid a bunch of money for it.

Tommy Lee actually opted out of all the VIP/meet & greet stuff on the last couple Crue tours, for more or less this reason. Tori Amos has (whenever possible) always done informal meet & greets in the afternoon before shows, figuring anyone willing to stand outside a venue for several hours waiting is worth her time, but never charging for it.

I just think music is something that brings people together in a way almost nothing else can, and I just think things that go against that mentality aren't good for music, or fans, in the grand scheme of things.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby Ehwmatt » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:50 pm

WalrusOct9 wrote:
Ehwmatt wrote:
??

There used to be a time when you didn't have to be super rich to meet your heroes. You just had to put in the time. I really hate these VIP things that exist for the richest fans instead of the biggest fans (and also then exclude fans from being able to buy the best tickets at the regular ticket price). On top of that, there's always the underlying aspect that a musician is then giving you the time of day only because you're loaded and paid a bunch of money for it.

Tommy Lee actually opted out of all the VIP/meet & greet stuff on the last couple Crue tours, for more or less this reason. Tori Amos has (whenever possible) always done informal meet & greets in the afternoon before shows, figuring anyone willing to stand outside a venue for several hours waiting is worth her time, but never charging for it.

I just think music is something that brings people together in a way almost nothing else can, and I just think things that go against that mentality aren't good for music, or fans, in the grand scheme of things.

First of all, being "rich" and being one of the band's "biggest fans" are far from mutually exclusive. And at any rate, you don't need to be "super rich" to pony up a couple hundred bucks if you're really that big of a fan. Should bands also stop selling merchandise because only the "rich" can afford a fucking $40 t-shirt? I mean shit, the "biggest fans" (who apparently are broke ass poor by default) should have first dibs on wearing Toto gear, right?

Not sure why you have such an issue with this. These guys have to monetize themselves as much as they can. They can't sell albums anymore, and they can't make money touring forever. Who knows how long they'll be able to tour before some injury, illness, old age, or God forbid, sudden death prevents it? I have zero issues with it. I'm sure they -- or at least Luke and Paich -- have more money than I'll probably ever have, but these guys aren't rolling around with McCartney or Springsteen-caliber money in the bank. To be sure, zillionaire Springsteen charging his fans through the nose for REGULAR tickets while purporting to be a man of the "working class" is far worse than Luke, Paich, and the guys trying to make a little extra for their retirement accounts.

I don't really give a shit about the meet n' greet aspect of the Toto package or getting the "time of day" from the band. The soundcheck is the value added. The way I see it, I'm paying for a bonus private show on top of the main one, and I'll gladly pay a premium for that. I'm not broke ass poor, so I can do that.

I think it's fucking silly if anyone is that hell bent on slobbing the knob of some "rock star." Sure, all things being equal, I'd love to talk guitars and songwriting with Luke for a while, but I'm not gonna sit in a dark alley behind some venue waiting for him to emerge so I can assault him at 1 in the morning with guitar nerd questions. That's just fuckin creepy.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby WalrusOct9 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:05 am

You clearly live in a different financial bracket than I do. Which is fine. but in my world, you do have to be pretty fucking rich to blow $200+ (per person!) for a ~30 minute experience, unless I guess it's the only show you go to for a few months or Toto is the only band you're really into. I don't know what $40 t-shirts have to do with anything (especially since their merch has, for some reason, always been kind of terrible. which is a bummer). Yeah, Springsteen's tickets are getting silly, and I can't really justify that, but at least they're all on the same playing field, and he does general admission, which is awesome (even a lottery to give everyone fair access to the front section).

It's their right to do it, but I still think it's pretty lame, especially since tickets to the show were already around $90. They're making plenty of money. Just because you can milk a subset of superfans for every last dollar doesn't mean you have to, unless you're in Kiss. Just goes against the spirit of rock n' roll to me. But I know we're not going to agree on that.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby DracIsBack » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:26 am

I hear you, but having just seen a ViP show, I wouldn't trade the experience either.

As is noticed above, the record industry is in shambles and catalog sales aren't what they were. So many acts make it up by offering ViP.

For a band like Chicago, they take $400 bucks, come out for an autograph and pose for a picture and say "See you later".

For a band like Toto, they charge $200 bucks. They sign all kinds of autographs, pose for photos. They have a Q&A session. They do a soundcheck where they answer questions but also take requests from the audience. They play album cuts on demand. They have people jam with them.

It wasn't "30 minutes". It was more like 80 or 90.

I don't regret it at all.
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby DracIsBack » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:27 am

I'm sure this kid felt like he got his money's worth! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t6ENpJY9Zw
DracIsBack
8 Track

Return to Toto