Will Steve Perry Join Journey In Cleveland?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby tater1977 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:58 am

By Jaymz Larson November 2, 2016

http://krna.com/will-steve-perry-join-j ... cleveland/

First off, I’m not a huge fan of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Most of us feel this way because they have a way of screwing up the nominations year after year.

A band that FINALLY made the shortlist of nominees this year was Journey. They join Yes, Pearl Jam and Depeche Mode among others. It’s not official yet, inductees will be announced in December, with the induction ceremony set for next April in Brooklyn.

Steve Perry left the band back in 1988. We all associate Journey with Steve Perry. He was the voice, the face, and the soul of the band. Will he join the band in Cleveland if they get inducted? That’s the question we all want answered.

Journey’s Jonathon Cain says Steve Perry should perform with them if they get the final nod for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. He tells The Pulse of Radio (via Blabbermouth): “The door’s always been open for him to join us anytime he wanted.”

This makes total sense to me. Steve Perry is Journey…..It would be another Rock And Roll Hall of Fame tragedy if he’s not there. It sounds like it’s all up to the former lead singer to make a decision.

If you’re wondering how the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame works, let me attempt to clue you in. Each year, The foundations nominating committee selects the group of artists nominated in the performer category.

Ballots are then sent to more than 600 historians, members of the music industry and artists. The five performers receiving the most votes become that year’s induction class.

So, we’ll have to wait and see if Journey makes the cut. I think they will, and I hope Steve Perry is with them. Stay tuned to The KRNA Morning Show for more updates!
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: Will Steve Perry Join Journey In Cleveland?

Postby scarab » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:55 am

Perry left the band in 1988? Well no, technically the went on Hiatus.
Perry WAS fired from the band in 1998.
I should have been a reporter, getting paid to write incorrect stories.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:56 am

scarab wrote:Perry left the band in 1988? Well no, technically the went on Hiatus.
Perry WAS fired from the band in 1998.
I should have been a reporter, getting paid to write incorrect stories.

:lol: YOU would be a millionaire in a very short time. I've seen articles that
I couldn't even finish reading because I was laughing so hard. :lol:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyHard » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:06 am

How can Perry leave the band in 1988 when he was never part of the band?

See Behind the Music! Perry says so himself! :wink:
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:50 pm

Neal posted on his Instagram

e.JPG
e.JPG (41.43 KiB) Viewed 4977 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby annie89509 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:49 pm

Journey’s Jonathon Cain says Steve Perry should perform with them if they get the final nod for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. He tells The Pulse of Radio (via Blabbermouth): “The door’s always been open for him to join us anytime he wanted.”

So what ... that doesn't mean anything. For years, Robert Lamm & the 3 horn players said they want to work again with Peter Cetera. Their one chance for a reunion ... after PC already made public announcement that he wanted to sing with the band in their RnRHoF induction ... those guys shut the door.

We shall wait to see what happens with Journey.
annie89509
Stereo LP

Postby Ehwmatt » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:38 am

One small problem w/the article - the induction next year is in New York.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:06 am

e.JPG
e.JPG (71.49 KiB) Viewed 4701 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby annie89509 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:38 pm

Tater ... did Neal reply to the fan's question above? Would love to get the answer to that.
annie89509
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:56 pm

annie89509 wrote:Tater ... did Neal reply to the fan's question above? Would love to get the answer to that.

Annie, no Neal never answered.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMerOUkADLM ... =nealschon
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tj » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:36 pm

annie89509 wrote:Journey’s Jonathon Cain says Steve Perry should perform with them if they get the final nod for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. He tells The Pulse of Radio (via Blabbermouth): “The door’s always been open for him to join us anytime he wanted.”

So what ... that doesn't mean anything. For years, Robert Lamm & the 3 horn players said they want to work again with Peter Cetera. Their one chance for a reunion ... after PC already made public announcement that he wanted to sing with the band in their RnRHoF induction ... those guys shut the door.

We shall wait to see what happens with Journey.

I have read a couple of articles that said PC wanted to perform with his own band, not just Chicago, and that's why they wouldn't let him perform. Sounds pretty incredulous, but with band politics I would not completely discount it.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:59 am

annie89509 wrote:Tater ... did Neal reply to the fan's question above? Would love to get the answer to that.

I heard Steve Perry on the radio back in 1994 say he recorded the vocals for Street Talk early in the morning. I did not know if he did the same for Frontiers or not.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby DracIsBack » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:46 am

tj wrote:I have read a couple of articles that said PC wanted to perform with his own band, not just Chicago, and that's why they wouldn't let him perform. Sounds pretty incredulous, but with band politics I would not completely discount it.

That's horseshit.

Look at the source of the articles - Robert Lamm, James Pankow and Peter Shivarerelli - all of whom have a nasty habit of rewriting history. Most recently, they congratulated Lamm and Pankow on the band's facebook page for their nomination into the Songwriter's Hall of Fame, but 'forgot' to mention Peter was nominated as well.

Cetera himself said flat out on his website:

I know we all look forward to speaking that evening and I’m sure we all wish that Terry was there to join us. That can’t happen unfortunately, but I have one thing that can.
As a finale, we can walk onstage together one last time as a group, I’ll strap on the bass, and we can do 25or6to4 in the key of E. I believe it would make for one fantastic Hall of Fame moment and satisfy those who have always wanted some sort of reunion.
Along with your current members, I would also like us to invite past members Laudir de Oliveira, Donnie Dacus, Kenny Cetera, Chris Pinnick, and Bill Champlin to join us up there as well on the song. They’ve all contributed to the legacy of the group and I think this would be a fitting way to honor them.
In the end, this should go a long way towards healing old wounds and showing solidarity on that night. At least I hope so!

Word for word, right from his site.
DracIsBack
8 Track

Return to Journey