HOF: we can vote!

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: HOF: we can vote!

Postby STORY_TELLER » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:53 pm

tater1977 wrote:With 5,938,077 likes on Journey's FB page and Neal says they are an internationally known
band or a world band now ... Where are all these fans and why are they not voting :?:
Seems like they are averaging about 4000 - 4300 votes per day and by my math that's
a whole lot less than 5,938,077 people :?:
Maybe, 4000 or so folks voting every day faithfully. These other millions need to get off their
butts and vote. :?

That number probably reflects the casual fans who lumber onto Journey's facebook page while they're already on facebook for something else.

It's the 4000 hardcores (like us) who are going out of their way to vote.

It's also possible not everyone is aware they can vote or know how to go about it. I saw an article today talking about Cain's desire to get Arnel into the HOF. At the end of the article, the reporter stated fans can vote for Journey on December 5th. (File that under: WTF?)
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am

jrny84 wrote:
SF-Dano wrote:Man, where are all of these ELO fans coming out of the woodwork from. I am actually surprised Pearl Jam isn't doing better. Imagined the Cars or Yes being Journey's stiffest competition, but here comes ELO. :? :lol:

Same here. Never would have thought ELO would be right behind them. They're not really that popular in the states, but pretty big in the UK. I thought Pearl Jam and Journey would duke it out.

ELO probably has a more widespread fan base. Jeff Lynne was part of the Traveling Wilburys, so that opens up the door to the fans of Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty and George Harrison...who also happens to have some pull from a little band that he used to belong to called The Beatles :wink:
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:38 am

e.JPG
e.JPG (28.98 KiB) Viewed 7932 times
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby SF-Dano » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:51 pm

Bump!!!! Keep voting people.
SF-Dano
Cassette Tape

Postby annie89509 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:29 pm

I'm not surprised ELO has so many votes. They go way back, even before Journey became a household name, and have all the old geezer fans wanting to see them get in before they die. And they have a lot of time on their hands.

While Pearl Jam is in a whole younger generation. Slackers don't want to be bothered to vote.
annie89509
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:46 am

e.JPG
e.JPG (26.13 KiB) Viewed 7823 times
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:52 am

annie89509 wrote:I'm not surprised ELO has so many votes. They go way back, even before Journey became a household name, and have all the old geezer fans wanting to see them get in before they die. And they have a lot of time on their hands.

While Pearl Jam is in a whole younger generation. Slackers don't want to be bothered to vote.

Pearl Jam will get in to the HOF, with or without the fan vote. Like 'em or not, they were a huge part of a musical movement that influenced a lot of bands and a whole new sound and vibe, and were accepted by the critics. Not sure if this will be their year or not, but they will definitely be in the hall one day. You can bet that Neil Young already has his induction speech ready to go.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:42 pm

re.JPG
re.JPG (27.51 KiB) Viewed 7758 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby DracIsBack » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:05 am

Yeah - I'm rooting for Pearl Jam too. Not even a big fan of their music, but one of the hardest working live acts I ever saw. Got free tickets once and I think they did like 8 encores. Everyone that was a member of their fanclub got to download a soundboard recording of the concert the next day.
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:10 pm

e.JPG
e.JPG (27.67 KiB) Viewed 7616 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby annie89509 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:58 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
annie89509 wrote:I'm not surprised ELO has so many votes. They go way back, even before Journey became a household name, and have all the old geezer fans wanting to see them get in before they die. And they have a lot of time on their hands.

Pearl Jam will get in to the HOF, with or without the fan vote. Like 'em or not, they were a huge part of a musical movement that influenced a lot of bands and a whole new sound and vibe, and were accepted by the critics. Not sure if this will be their year or not, but they will definitely be in the hall one day. You can bet that Neil Young already has his induction speech ready to go.

No, I agree PJ will get in, maybe even before Journey. I was just commenting on someone (prior post) wondering why ELO has so many votes and PJ so few. Fans vote in packs. PJ will get all the music critics' votes, which carries more strength than the fans.
annie89509
Stereo LP

Postby STORY_TELLER » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:38 am

I agree, Pearl Jam is a shoe in. Pretty sure their fan base also knows they are the rock critic's darlings. That makes their fan vote less necessary in their minds.

Truth is, winning the fan vote doesn't guarantee anything. The snobs -- sorry -- judges still have the final say.

Having said that, assuming both Journey and Pearl Jam get in, wow -- that final jam between all the inductees will be a wild sight to behold. Neal is going to shine.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:42 am

e.JPG
e.JPG (27.2 KiB) Viewed 7511 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:18 pm

e.JPG
e.JPG (28.14 KiB) Viewed 7464 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:48 pm

e.JPG
e.JPG (28.4 KiB) Viewed 7433 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby SF-Dano » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Bump!!! Keep voting folks. The ELO fans sure are. :)
SF-Dano
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:47 pm

e.JPG
e.JPG (29.33 KiB) Viewed 7373 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:28 am

Voted twice this morning, we lost over 500 votes since yesterday. ELO fans are giving us a run for our money, we have to gain back those votes!!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby AJ » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:34 am

Our lead has shrunk from 4700 to 3700 in less than a week! We've got to get the word out and get more votes!!!
AJ
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:52 am

e.PNG
e.PNG (8.8 KiB) Viewed 7295 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:12 am

For every 1 vote I made today, ELO fans made 2. I voted 3 times, they ended up voting 6 times, all within 5 minutes. At this rate, we will end up out of first place very soon.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby STORY_TELLER » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:17 am

perryfan61 wrote:For every 1 vote I made today, ELO fans made 2. I voted 3 times, they ended up voting 6 times, all within 5 minutes. At this rate, we will end up out of first place very soon.

I have to believe there's some cheating going on here. One person who was voting once per day before suddenly starts using his/her friend's and family's email addresses. Now the one voter becomes 6.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby nylady » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:06 am

I have been able to register 6 votes per day using both my own facebook account and hub's, and our 4 different email addresses. We were keeping even pace with ELO before, which I'm sure were many voters choosing both Journey and ELO in their 5 choices. I've now been just casting one vote and that is for Journey. Not sure if it will help, but it can't hurt.
nylady
Ol' 78

Postby Tomulator » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:26 am

We better GET WITH IT...we're LOSING IT!!!!
"I was merely probing the patient for muscle tone and skeletal girth. We mock what we don't understand."
Tomulator
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:58 pm

e.PNG
e.PNG (8.89 KiB) Viewed 7214 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby MotherCitay » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:35 pm

nylady wrote:voters choosing both Journey and ELO in their 5 choices.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Can you please just go and UNDO all those ELO votes you cast? What were you thinking? :evil:

Just kidding :lol: :lol:

storyteller wrote:I have to believe there's some cheating going on here. One person who was voting once per day before suddenly starts using his/her friend's and family's email addresses. Now the one voter becomes 6.

That is why it is time to fight fire with fire :idea: . Not everyone has the time every day to vote so help out your family, friends, colleagues, even strangers. We can't let this slip away ........... and it IS slipping fast! For a long time Journey was a steady 4200 more votes than ELO. Now it's below 3000 and dropping daily. At this rate we will not win the fan vote come 5th Dec.
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby tater1977 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:46 pm

e.PNG
e.PNG (15.28 KiB) Viewed 7164 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:51 pm

e.JPG
e.JPG (43.71 KiB) Viewed 7152 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby AJ » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:37 am

OK folks. It's time to get serious. I literally have voted with 7 e-mail addresses from my family and I every day from the beginning. Once I saw we were only up by less that 1400, I got pissed! I went in to my address book and started using addresses from there. I must've voted 75 times in the last hour. The verification gets a little harder, but I don't care. If you have spare time, do this!! This needs to be done! ELO is catching up too fast. Time to fight!
AJ
Ol' 78

Postby Memorex » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:25 am

AJ wrote:OK folks. It's time to get serious. I literally have voted with 7 e-mail addresses from my family and I every day from the beginning. Once I saw we were only up by less that 1400, I got pissed! I went in to my address book and started using addresses from there. I must've voted 75 times in the last hour. The verification gets a little harder, but I don't care. If you have spare time, do this!! This needs to be done! ELO is catching up too fast. Time to fight!

In the scheme of things, how much does the fan vote count? Are there any points for 2nd place? I thought I read the fan vote is worth one vote - how many other votes are there?

My point is, I can't imagine any scenario where Journey doesn't get in, regardless of the fan vote. But maybe I am just uneducated about it.
Memorex
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Journey