President Barack Obama - Term 1 and 2 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby tj » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:58 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Obama has just revoked what was called "Wet Foot, Dry Foot Policy". For twenty years Cubans could escape Cuba, enter the United States illegally, and if they stayed here one year they become citizens. Since Obama has no problem with illegal Mexicans, Central Americans, or Muslims from Countries hostile to America,ect, one would have to conclude that President Obama is racist towards the Cuban people by liberal lodgic. "Liberal Lodgic", what a oxymoron.


Obama did it to cause Drumpf a problem. Since Drumpf has been so vocal about illegal aliens, he will be highly criticized if he changes this back. I think that there is another way for Drumpf to solve this for the Cubans using political asylum as a part of it. Most of the people coming through Mexico, unless they were Cuban, were not under political duress. Obama is showing that he has never really cared about people, only things that help promote his ideology and pocketbook.
User avatar
tj
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1309
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:55 am
Location: State of Confusion

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby verslibre » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:04 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Obama has just revoked what was called "Wet Foot, Dry Foot Policy". For twenty years Cubans could escape Cuba, enter the United States illegally, and if they stayed here one year they become citizens. Since Obama has no problem with illegal Mexicans, Central Americans, or Muslims from Countries hostile to America,ect, one would have to conclude that President Obama is racist towards the Cuban people by liberal lodgic. "Liberal Lodgic", what a oxymoron.


It's spelled logic. Logic wasn't discovered in a lodge. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5983
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:27 am

verslibre wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Obama has just revoked what was called "Wet Foot, Dry Foot Policy". For twenty years Cubans could escape Cuba, enter the United States illegally, and if they stayed here one year they become citizens. Since Obama has no problem with illegal Mexicans, Central Americans, or Muslims from Countries hostile to America,ect, one would have to conclude that President Obama is racist towards the Cuban people by liberal lodgic. "Liberal Lodgic", what a oxymoron.


It's spelled logic. Logic wasn't discovered in a lodge. :lol:


Quick typing, my bad. :roll: :oops:
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4817
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:31 am

tj wrote:
UncleKG wrote:Our congressmen, looking out for the "average American" by voting down an amendment that would allow importation of pharmaceuticals from Canada. Surprisingly, both parties saw some members cross party lines, with 12 Republican senators voting in favor, and 13 Democrats voting against it.

Some of those voting the amendment down cited concerns with drug safety, but that sounds like B.S. to me. They're in big Pharma's pockets. We're talking Canada, not some third world country. Most of the drugs are manufactured in the U.S. anyway. Drug safety is not the issue.

http://theslot.jezebel.com/for-some-reason-cory-booker-and-12-other-dems-killed-a-1791116094


I agree that it is B.S.. I take a half dozen different medications and most are made in other parts of the world (they are generics). Some in Israel, others in the Philippines, one in Taiwan. Drugs from Mexico, however, are a different story. The quality control there is highly suspect.


I've been all for importing drugs from Canada. Mexico is another story. Drumpf attacked the drug companies yesterday and their stocks fell. The Drug lobby is strong and scared of Drumpf. It was Obama that was going to drain the swamp. Now that Drumpf is in there and they are scared, liberals are fighting him. Maybe liberals can figure out that Drumpf is a Centrist. I doubt it though.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4817
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:34 am

K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4817
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:04 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
1. Until Drumpf does, it's YOUR Bullshit. Obama is on record, and a laughing stock in Russia.

2.Who in the hell would want to see nude photos of moosechelle and her dick?

3.Don't want to hear it, then don't ask for it. :roll:


1. And Drumpf is a laughing stock among the rest of the world, with the possible exception of South Korea.
2. Very respectful. A class act, you are. Of course, no mention of the joke Melania makes of the position. Nothing garners more respect in the world than being able to Google images of the First Lady's genitalia.
3. Just beating you to the (low brow) punch, Larry the Cable Guy. "Get R Done!"
User avatar
UncleKG
LP
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:06 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:


Why, you didn't see it the first time. Maybe someone could explain it too you.


Maybe someone could read the article to you about "Morning Joe" being a Drumpf shill.
User avatar
UncleKG
LP
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:08 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
Get back to me when they find a blue dress releated to Drumpf and he settles a RAPE CHARGE in Court.


Yet another deflection. Acknowledge the FACT (there goes that word again) that Drumpf lies (far) more than he tells the truth, and how hypocritical it is for him to call ANYONE out for spreading false information, when it was a cornerstone of his campaign and now his Twitter feed.
User avatar
UncleKG
LP
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:16 am

Hey Uncle...

175 hours and 45 minutes....

Until this thread self destructs

:lol:
:lol:
Once you’ve read the dictionary, everything else you read is just a remix.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 13186
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:58 am

First they blamed Wikileaks, then the FBI, then a recount, then the Russians, twice, and now they blame dumb Americans..have you libs no shame?

Pravda on the Checkout line

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... nda-214627
Once you’ve read the dictionary, everything else you read is just a remix.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 13186
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:41 am

UncleKG wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
Get back to me when they find a blue dress releated to Drumpf and he settles a RAPE CHARGE in Court.


Yet another deflection. Acknowledge the FACT (there goes that word again) that Drumpf lies (far) more than he tells the truth, and how hypocritical it is for him to call ANYONE out for spreading false information, when it was a cornerstone of his campaign and now his Twitter feed.

And yet lied far less then Clinton. Also Drumpf is has not commited treason like the Clintons. Whats your point? You've certainly done enough lying on here.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4817
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:42 am

[quote="Fact Finder"]Hey Uncle...

175 hours and 45 minutes....

Until this thread self destructs

:lol:
:lol:[/quot

Uncle has been grasping at straws.
Last edited by K.C.Journey Fan on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4817
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am

Fact Finder wrote:First they blamed Wikileaks, then the FBI, then a recount, then the Russians, twice, and now they blame dumb Americans..have you libs no shame?

Pravda on the Checkout line

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... nda-214627


F.F., wanting to elect Clinton shows they have no shame. Their toy was taken away from them and they are having a tantrum. They need to be put in the corner, and Drumpf has been doing just that. Then you get idiots that believe the liberal propaganda that never gets backed up.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4817
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Fact Finder wrote:Now that the Inaugural Honeymoon is over, it's time to start examining the first term of President Obama.

Good or bad, or however you see it, post it in here and we can spare Andrew the suffering of multiple threads on every little thing that the President does. The Presidential election thread went on for quite awhile and for the most part was pretty orderly. Let's see if this thread can do the same, and better than that, let's see if we can keep it going for 4 years.

Hit it with your best shot.

God Bless America!


Flashback Jan. 23, 2009

First post of this thread.
Once you’ve read the dictionary, everything else you read is just a remix.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 13186
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:58 pm

Fact Finder wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Now that the Inaugural Honeymoon is over, it's time to start examining the first term of President Obama.

Good or bad, or however you see it, post it in here and we can spare Andrew the suffering of multiple threads on every little thing that the President does. The Presidential election thread went on for quite awhile and for the most part was pretty orderly. Let's see if this thread can do the same, and better than that, let's see if we can keep it going for 4 years.

Hit it with your best shot.

God Bless America!


Flashback Jan. 23, 2009

First post of this thread.


The end of the tunnel of suffering in one week.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4817
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby steveo777 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:21 pm

Well, shit! I hoped this thread would make 1000 pages before Obama's term ended. 900 isn't bad, nor is over a million views. :D
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 11265
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Boomchild » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:48 pm

UncleKG wrote:"Forced?" Looks like there's a number of companies who figured out how to produce products in the U.S. Even Drump's "MAGA" hats sold in the Drumpf Towers gift shop are made in China. http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/13/living/made-in-america/


Get a grip, whole industries have either died out in America or fled to overseas markets. It is these industries that have directly said that it is due to America's high business tax rate and regulations that have forced them to leave in order to compete in the world marketplace. Add to that the poor trade deals that our government has signed onto and it's clear why we have become a nation of consumers instead of a nation of producers.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6977
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Boomchild » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:59 pm

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:I've been all for importing drugs from Canada. Mexico is another story. Drumpf attacked the drug companies yesterday and their stocks fell. The Drug lobby is strong and scared of Drumpf. It was Obama that was going to drain the swamp. Now that Drumpf is in there and they are scared, liberals are fighting him. Maybe liberals can figure out that Drumpf is a Centrist. I doubt it though.


There is no doubt that there has been collusion between big pharma and our establishment politicians to keep drug prices high in the U.S.. I've seen it first hand. A few years back I was without health insurance and could not afford to fill my insulin prescription. I ended up getting it from a Canadian pharmacy until our government put a stop to that.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6977
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:46 am

Boomchild wrote:
UncleKG wrote:"Forced?" Looks like there's a number of companies who figured out how to produce products in the U.S. Even Drump's "MAGA" hats sold in the Drumpf Towers gift shop are made in China. http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/13/living/made-in-america/


Get a grip, whole industries have either died out in America or fled to overseas markets. It is these industries that have directly said that it is due to America's high business tax rate and regulations that have forced them to leave in order to compete in the world marketplace. Add to that the poor trade deals that our government has signed onto and it's clear why we have become a nation of consumers instead of a nation of producers.


Catipiller is one of thousands to use as an example.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4817
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:50 am

145 hours and 10 minutes... :lol:
Once you’ve read the dictionary, everything else you read is just a remix.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 13186
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:24 am

Boomchild wrote:Get a grip, whole industries have either died out in America or fled to overseas markets. It is these industries that have directly said that it is due to America's high business tax rate and regulations that have forced them to leave in order to compete in the world marketplace. Add to that the poor trade deals that our government has signed onto and it's clear why we have become a nation of consumers instead of a nation of producers.


So, to go back to the original point, you're saying Drumpf "can't" have his products produced in the U.S. because of the regulatory climate, even after I've shown you multiple examples of companies that do? Evidently, they find a way to make a profit and "compete in the world marketplace." If Drumpf can't, that speaks more to his business acumen, or lack thereof. If he wanted to produce in the U.S., he could. He CHOOSES not to. I guess this is yet another of his "do as I say, not as I do" scenarios.
Last edited by UncleKG on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
UncleKG
LP
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:38 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:And yet lied far less then Clinton. Also Drumpf is has not commited treason like the Clintons. Whats your point? You've certainly done enough lying on here.


Really? Lie(s) far less than Clinton? http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/ http://www.politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/

You assume I'm a Clinton supporter. Which makes you incorrect.....yet again. Having said that, it's not about her. She's not the president-elect. "Well, at least he's not as bad as..." doesn't defend his actions. A thief can't defend himself in court by saying, "Well, at least I didn't rob as many banks as..."

Drumpf and treason? Treason is committed by someone, “owing allegiance to the United States who…adheres to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort.” Sounds like Drumpf's defense of Russia fits the bill pretty well, not to mention his discussion of lifting the sanctions on them for their hacking. Of course, reports are he stands to make billions off the oil deals that will happen if/when those sanctions are lifted, but from previous statements made on here, a number of Drumpf's supporters seem OK with that type of collusion.
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/there-are-four-ways-donald-trump-may-be-guilty-of-treason-says-law-expert/

Regarding me lying, please provide an example.
User avatar
UncleKG
LP
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:50 am

Fact Finder wrote:First they blamed Wikileaks, then the FBI, then a recount, then the Russians, twice, and now they blame dumb Americans..have you libs no shame?

Pravda on the Checkout line

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... nda-214627


While I don't identify as Liberal (I consider myself a Libertarian), I blame dumb Americans as well. One prime example - http://observer.com/2017/01/obamacare-hater-goes-viral-after-learning-he-has-it/
User avatar
UncleKG
LP
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:06 am

Of course, reports are he stands to make billions off the oil deals that will happen if/when those sanctions are lifted,


That's a flat out lie, it may not be your lie, but it's a lie none the less. Fake News. Exxon may benefit, as well as American gas consumers, but not Drumpf. He owns no stocks. FYI.
Once you’ve read the dictionary, everything else you read is just a remix.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 13186
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:16 am

Fact Finder wrote:
Of course, reports are he stands to make billions off the oil deals that will happen if/when those sanctions are lifted,


That's a flat out lie, it may not be your lie, but it's a lie none the less. Fake News. Exxon may benefit, as well as American gas consumers, but not Drumpf. He owns no stocks. FYI.


You may well be correct. Still, this is an example of the Drumpf administration potentially putting the benefits to a multinational corporation ahead of American interests if/when these sanctions are lifted. It stinks to high heaven, regardless of whether Drumpf personally benefits or not. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/12/world/europe/rex-tillersons-company-exxon-has-billions-at-stake-over-russia-sanctions.html?_r=0

"Western sanctions were first enacted on Russia in March 2014 in response to the Russian annexation of Crimea. Then the United States and its allies, including the Netherlands, implicated Russia in the shooting down of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over eastern Ukraine that July. All on board were killed, including 193 Dutch people heading to Asia for vacations and work, flying for a just few moments over a war zone.

That prompted tighter sanctions. A month later, Russian tanks entered eastern Ukraine, turning the tide against the forces of the American-backed Ukrainian central government. Today, about 300 American soldiers rotate through Ukraine as trainers.

After the Russian incursion in 2014, the United States prohibited the transfer of advanced offshore and shale oil technology to Russia. The American government announced on Sept. 12 that year that Exxon was to halt all offshore drilling assistance to Rosneft, the Russian state oil company, by Sept. 26.

But Exxon Mobil’s high-tech rig was already drilling in the Kara Sea, in an unfinished $700 million project that had yet to find oil. It would be worthless if not completed.

Russian executives then told Exxon Mobil that Russia’s security services would fly in a Russian crew — in essence seize the rig — if Exxon Mobil complied with the American law and left without completing the well, according to an oil company executive who had visited the rig in the Arctic.

Exxon relayed the threat to the American government, and the Treasury Department capitulated, granting an extension that stretched the window to work until Oct. 10. In a statement in 2014, the Russian state oil company denied conveying such a threat to Mr. Tillerson’s company.

With the extension in hand, Exxon Mobil discovered a major field with about 750 million barrels of new oil for Russia a few weeks later. Igor I. Sechin, the chief executive of the Russian state oil company, called the newly discovered oil field Pobeda — Russian for victory.

It is one of the Arctic developments that Exxon Mobil has rights to work on should the sanctions be lifted."
User avatar
UncleKG
LP
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Boomchild » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:55 am

UncleKG wrote:So, to go back to the original point, you're saying Drumpf "can't" have his products produced in the U.S. because of the regulatory climate, even after I've shown you multiple examples of companies that do? Evidently, they find a way to make a profit and "compete in the world marketplace." If Drumpf can't, that speaks more to his business acumen, or lack thereof. If he wanted to produce in the U.S., he could. He CHOOSES not to. I guess this is yet another of his "do as I say, not as I do" scenarios.


All you are doing is ignoring that simple fact that waves of businesses have fled this country due to the high business tax rate and the regulatory issues that have prevented them from continuing to operate in the U.S.. As far as where the Drumpf products were made, he is going to gravitate towards businesses that are going to give the best deal. Which it is apparently not U.S. companies at this point. He is doing exactly what any logical business person is going to do. BTW, where is the clothing Obama wears manufactured?
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6977
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:05 am

Boomchild wrote:All you are doing is ignoring that simple fact that waves of businesses have fled this country due to the high business tax rate and the regulatory issues that have prevented them from continuing to operate in the U.S.. As far as where the Drumpf products were made, he is going to gravitate towards businesses that are going to give the best deal. Which it is apparently not U.S. companies at this point. He is doing exactly what any logical business person is going to do. BTW, where is the clothing Obama wears manufactured?


All you are doing is ignoring the original point, which is that Drump criticizes other companies for not manufacturing in America and claims to be all about American jobs and American workers while he has his NAME on HIS clothing line that is not manufactured in the U.S. AKA, he does not practice what he preaches (no new news there). If Obama comes out with a clothing line that is not made in America, get back to me.
User avatar
UncleKG
LP
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Memorex » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:19 am

UncleKG wrote:
Boomchild wrote:All you are doing is ignoring that simple fact that waves of businesses have fled this country due to the high business tax rate and the regulatory issues that have prevented them from continuing to operate in the U.S.. As far as where the Drumpf products were made, he is going to gravitate towards businesses that are going to give the best deal. Which it is apparently not U.S. companies at this point. He is doing exactly what any logical business person is going to do. BTW, where is the clothing Obama wears manufactured?


All you are doing is ignoring the original point, which is that Drump criticizes other companies for not manufacturing in America and claims to be all about American jobs and American workers while he has his NAME on HIS clothing line that is not manufactured in the U.S. AKA, he does not practice what he preaches (no new news there). If Obama comes out with a clothing line that is not made in America, get back to me.


He criticizes the policies that cause the companies to leave. He may also say a company should not move their operations outside the US and then import back in, but it is not empty rhetoric as he plans to put in place policies that will help those companies remain here. So we can be competitive with other countries, which we are not currently.

In any case, Drumpf had nothing to do with the current environment for business. I only hope it can change for the sake of the people that need better jobs.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3208
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:27 am

WALLACE: You brought up trade. You would end NAFTA. You would kill the Pacific Trade Agreement. You would impose tariffs on some products like 35 on Ford cars made in Mexico. "The Wall Street Journal" says that you are running as, quote, "the most anti-trade candidate since Herbert Hoover."

Drumpf: OK, so here's the deal. First of all, "The Wall Street Journal" was bought for $5 billion. It's now worth $500 million, OK. They don't have to tell me what to do.

"The Wall Street Journal" has been wrong so many different times about so many different things. I am all for free trade, but it's got to be fair. When Ford moves their massive plants to Mexico, we get nothing. We lose all of these jobs. What do we get out of it? I don't want them to move their plant --

FOX NEWS HOST CHRIS WALLACE: But I want to pick up on that because --

Drumpf: No, the -- the point is, I don't want them to move their plants. I want them to stay in Michigan. I want them to stay in all of the places where they are, or expanded to other places. But I want it to be in the United States. I don't want them to go to Mexico. I don't want them to go to China.

WALLACE: But this brings up the point, the conservative American Enterprise Institute says, look, Donald Drumpf, he owns a dozen hotels, properties, all over the world. Your Drumpf Collection clothing line, some of it is made in Mexico –

Drumpf: It's true.

WALLACE: -- and China.

Drumpf: That's true. I want it to be made here.

WALLACE: I know, but the point they say is you're doing just what Ford is, you're taking –

Drumpf: Sure.

WALLACE: -- advantage of a global trading market.

Drumpf: I never dispute that. I put it in my speeches. I say it -- the ties are made in China and different things. I don't want that. I just ordered 4,000 television sets. You know where they come from? South Korea. And yet, we defend South Korea for practically nothing. We have 28,000 soldiers. They're making a fortune.

I don't want to order them from South Korea. I don't think anybody makes television sets in the United States anymore. I don't want to order from South Korea. I want to order from here. I talk about it all the time. We don’t make anything anymore.


Now you look at Boeing. Boeing’s going over to China. They’re going to build a massive plant because China’s demanding it in order to order airplanes from Boeing. So Boeing now is going to China, building a massive plant. I don’t want that. I don’t want that.
Once you’ve read the dictionary, everything else you read is just a remix.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 13186
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:39 am

Fact Finder wrote:
Drumpf: That's true. I want it to be made here... I want to order from here. I talk about it all the time. We don’t make anything anymore.... I don’t want that. I don’t want that.


Lip service. He "want(s) to order from here?" "We don't make anything anymore?"

Should I Tweet him these links? I assume someone on his team knows how to use Google. http://www.allusaclothing.com/Default.asp?gclid=COa2n5OkwtECFY8vgQodgcAIbw

http://www.americanologist.com/2014/12/15-sources-of-quality-mens-dress-shirts-made-in-usa/
https://hardwick.com/
User avatar
UncleKG
LP
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

PreviousNext

Return to Earmuffs For The Blind

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest